View Full Version : Saturday, February 19th at Jennings GP.

JS73
February 14th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Will be at JGP this upcoming Saturday.
Any 250 track riders in the area, if you can make it, come out to play. Should be a fun time. :)

HKr1
February 14th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Getting to be that time of the year! Going to be there 12mar for sure... Then I noticed there having a backwards day on the 5th :mad: maybe they will atleast give us 1 session backwards :cool:

JS73
February 15th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Yep, it's that time of year for sure. :D Plenty of locals/regulars asking for a "backwards" day. It's a completely different track. Now that they are planning on doing this with more regularity, it's like having two tracks in the same place.

Is that the R1 forum day on the 12th? Maybe you guys can talk it over with the track staff and see if the will run a few backwards sessions.

Looking forward to meeting you out there soon. The JGP WERA round is in May, come on over. :)

tiggen
February 15th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Joel, I'm trying to compile as much gearing info I can for the SE tracks. What gearing do you use for JGP on the Ninjette? So far I've heard 14/45 and 14/47.

Thanks!

JS73
February 15th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Joel, I'm trying to compile as much gearing info I can for the SE tracks. What gearing do you use for JGP on the Ninjette? So far I've heard 14/45 and 14/47.

Thanks!

John, for JGP stock gearing is the way to go (14/45). In 6th gear you are dancing very close to the redline at the end of the back straight and can actually hear the engine "wailing like a Banshee" if you tip it into T3 going WOT. In my limited experience, I think 14/47 gearing would be a tad short.

I'll have to pick your your brain about this track/gearing compilation, as JGP is the only track I have ever ridden. My novice season will be interesting indeed with all new tracks for me.

Looking forward to meeting you.

-Joel

CC Cowboy
February 15th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Joel, what tracks are you doing this season?

JS73
February 15th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Joel, what tracks are you doing this season?
Here is the season schedule, hopefully I can make all of them :D

3/18-20 Roebling Road Raceway, Faulkville, GA-N
5/7-8 Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, AL
5/21-22 Jennings GP, Jennings, FL
6/4-5 Roebling Road Raceway, Faulkville, GA
6/24-26 Road Atlanta, Braselton, GA
7/23-24 Roebling Road Raceway, Faulkville, GA
8/20-21 Talladega Gran Prix Raceway, Talladega, AL

tiggen
February 15th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Looking forward to meeting you.
-Joel

Thanks and likewise. I'm all about sharing the info, will probably post it on superbikeconnection.com or the WERA thread. I won't make RRR, but I'll be at Barber.

Seems a majority of the guys I race with will be at RRR, however. Any of those guys will be happy to share gearing info as well; and most have much more experience than me (and they all ride new gens).

JS73
February 15th, 2011, 10:51 AM
You're welcome. See ya at Barber.

HKr1
February 15th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Is that the R1 forum day on the 12th? Maybe you guys can talk it over with the track staff and see if the will run a few backwards sessions.

Looking forward to meeting you out there soon. The JGP WERA round is in May, come on over. :)

Yeah, its a memorial td. Last year they let us run 1 session backwards. Was a real blessing being my front left was shot and pushing real hard.

Dont know if will be out there on a wera day, but hopefully will see ya there sometime :)

Good luck on the season :thumbup: