View Full Version : Dyno Run for Socal 250 Riders!!!

Nemesis
February 17th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Alright guys, with all this talk about jetting, aftermarket installments, carb issues, dyno. etc. I've contacted my race sponsor to help you 250 riders dyno your bike for a low cost.

This is a special promotion for you 250 riders ONLY! ONLY Ninja250r bikes!

I need a good number of 250 bikes. I don't know if you guys are thinking dyno runs cost $100 or whatever but I promise you the cost will not be anywhere near that. Heck, it could be for $10 or $20 a run (don't quote me on that)...but that all depends on how many people are up for this. Once I have a good number of people committed to doing this I can get back with you with a definite price.

If you've installed aftermarket parts (jetkit, full exhaust system, airpod, etc.) take this opportunity to know how those parts are affecting your bike and where your bike needs tuning.

The race shop is in Tustin, California. Shop is Cyclemall. If you know anything about Tige (owner), Cyclemall he's helped tune championship club racers like Jeff Tigert. He's helped tune my bike and he can help answer any tuning questions.

Post "I'm in!" if you seriously want to do this.

Cuongism
February 17th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I'm in! Thanks in advance because that's an awesome deal.

Hitman
February 18th, 2011, 02:18 PM
I'm In...hope the price stays low.:thumbup:

fjyang
February 19th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Count me in too, got pot filters, jet kit and Yoshi pipe, like to know the numbers if cost is like advertised

Zombiphone
February 20th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Sounds like an evil ploy to make me finally stop dilly dallying and decide on a new exhaust already. That's just... underhanded.

I like it. Two questions- How immediately in the future would this be? And would it likely be on a weekend, or do services like that only fall on weekdays? I'm tossing up ordering either a LeoVince or an Area P exhaust within this coming week, so depending on when this would be, it might coincide perfectly. I want to say I'm in, but I need vague possible ballpark details first :p

sherjay
February 20th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Count me in as well :thumbup:

Nemesis
February 20th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Sounds like an evil ploy to make me finally stop dilly dallying and decide on a new exhaust already. That's just... underhanded.

Buy the Tetsubo Exhaust already. :D

I like it. Two questions- How immediately in the future would this be? And would it likely be on a weekend, or do services like that only fall on weekdays? I'm tossing up ordering either a LeoVince or an Area P exhaust within this coming week, so depending on when this would be, it might coincide perfectly. I want to say I'm in, but I need vague possible ballpark details first :p

I think the weekend (Saturday) would be best for most folks. Date/Time is open so let's agree on a time/date.

Zombiphone
February 21st, 2011, 10:14 AM
Buy the Tetsubo Exhaust already. :D

:lol: Hell no. I ain't rich, and I'm too young to go deaf. Besides, Leo Vince is so much more fun to say (Which is really the most important thing) :woot:

I think the weekend (Saturday) would be best for most folks. Date/Time is open so let's agree on a time/date.
Yep, that's what I was hoping. As long as it's not on a weekday, I should be able to make it no problem. I caved and ordered the exhaust yesterday, so hopefully it'll be here either by the end of this week or early next week. I might be able to do 3/5-6, and I'm definitely in if it's 3/12-13 or later, but if those dates are too late, then no big deal. No idea what weekends Tige's not going to be at the track or other people have free though, so I guess I'll see how everyone else here chimes in. :thumbup:

Jinx250
February 21st, 2011, 11:40 AM
Too bad I don't have a 250R.

Chubbs032
February 21st, 2011, 11:58 AM
too far for me

Nemesis
February 21st, 2011, 12:25 PM
too far for me

Whereabouts in LA are you? Could make for a good weekend ride. :thumbup:

Rexbo
February 24th, 2011, 11:52 PM
I def need some dyno time, maybe tuning too... is that offered? Preferably before March 12th when CVMA starts up!

sherjay
February 25th, 2011, 01:10 AM
That would be nice if tuning was on special also!

Nemesis
March 2nd, 2011, 09:23 AM
I def need some dyno time, maybe tuning too... is that offered? Preferably before March 12th when CVMA starts up!

Sorry, I missed this one: This is strictly dynoing...tuning is a separate cost and arrangements will have to be made with the shop owner.

But know this...if you read your dyno/fuel map you'll know what needs to be done to improve performance.

Nemesis
March 2nd, 2011, 09:27 AM
Okay, I have the following people:

fjyang
Cuongism
Hitman
Zombiphone
sherjay
Rexbo
Nemesis

This month is a hectic month for Cyclemall since it's race month. But they may be free on the 5th and 26th of March. March 5th is short notice for you guys & shop owner. How about we shoot for the 26th, pending approval from shop owner.

Let me know guys.

Zombiphone
March 2nd, 2011, 09:36 AM
The 26th works for me. That's just in time for my first track day this year, and that'll give me time to fiddle with jetting a bit beforehand, too. Sounds good :thumbup:

Nemesis
March 2nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
Okay, shop owner says can't do March 26th...have to attend a wedding. He says April 2nd is good.

Let me know guys.

EDIT - Owner says this Saturday (March 5th) is good too. Although, I won't be able to make it.

FYI - We need to go in as a group to receive the discount. If you choose to go on your own and on a different date you will be charged a greater amount.

Zombiphone
March 2nd, 2011, 05:06 PM
You're not going to be at Pahrump on the 2nd?

Rexbo
March 2nd, 2011, 05:13 PM
Okay, shop owner says can't do March 26th...have to attend a wedding. He says April 2nd is good.

Let me know guys.

EDIT - Owner says this Saturday (March 5th) is good too. Although, I won't be able to make it.

FYI - We need to go in as a group to receive the discount. If you choose to go on your own and on a different date you will be charged a greater amount.

I want in on this sat!

"A"
March 2nd, 2011, 05:19 PM
I wish I could be there.. but instead 3000 mi. away..

Post up some results when you get them.

sherjay
March 5th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I'm good for April 2nd:thumbup:

Nemesis
March 6th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Good stuff guys.

I just made some slight adjustments to my fuel mixture so I'm kinda anxious to see what the results will be.

I also dropped one size down on the main jet and I didn't need the dyno to tell me it ran like crap. So, went back to what worked. :)

Nemesis
March 7th, 2011, 10:30 AM
You're not going to be at Pahrump on the 2nd?

Gad dang it!!! :mad:

As much as it hurts me to do this, I'm gonna have to pass on Pahrump. I arranged this and I gotta see this through.

So, how many can make it? So far, I have:

Sherjay
Rexbo

Time & date has been set.

WHEN:
APRIL 2ND, 2011

TIME:
10:00 AM

CYCLEMALL
15401 Red Hill Ave
Suite F
Tustin CA 92780

Cost of Dyno: Varies depending on attendees but I assure you it will not be more than $40 per Ninja 250R. <--If we only have only a handful of bikes cost will be lower. It all depends. So post who will show up.

Zombiphone
March 7th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Gad dang it!!! :mad:

As much as it hurts me to do this, I'm gonna have to pass on Pahrump. I arranged this and I gotta see this through.

Goddammit, I never get to ride with other 250s :Cry:

It's all good, but yeah. I'm out then. I just put on my new exhaust and installed a jet kit over the weekend, but I'm kinda hyped up for Pahrump that weekend right now, and I'm more interested in feeling it out on the track than on a machine. Oh well. Cyclemall is 60 miles off for me anyways, so I guess I'll try to hunt down a more local dyno beforehand to see how I did instead. Have fun :)

Hitman
March 8th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Sorry I have something planned already that day (April 2). If I get free from my commitments then I will update my post.

fjyang
March 19th, 2011, 03:18 AM
I can do the Dyno on April 2nd but wish more could join so price could be lower.

Nemesis
March 21st, 2011, 02:16 PM
Bump

Out of the list below let me know who can make it, and who can't. I know Zombiphone and Hitman can't. Who else?

fjyang
Cuongism
sherjay
Rexbo
Nemesis

I can do the Dyno on April 2nd but wish more could join so price could be lower.

Don't worry bro...it might just be cheaper if fewer people show up. ;)

Nemesis
March 30th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Hey guys, the shop owner wants to know how many bikes to expect so he can make accommodations.

Please post up! Thx

Rexbo
March 30th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Hey guys, the shop owner wants to know how many bikes to expect so he can make accommodations.

Please post up! Thx

so far so good!

Cuongism
March 30th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Sorry, thanks for the offer but I won't be able to make it either.

Nemesis
March 30th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Damn, if we don't get enough peeps we'll have to postpone this.

So far just Steve and I which doesn't work. :(

We need 4 more peeps.

Zombiphone
March 30th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Postpone it until Tige's next available and come out to pahrump? *nudge nudge wink wink*

fjyang
March 31st, 2011, 04:34 AM
I can do April 2nd if its still on by Friday

Peanut_EOD
March 31st, 2011, 06:43 AM
I can't make it. I'll be on the track at High Plains Raceway in Colorado that day.

Nemesis
March 31st, 2011, 08:07 AM
If we don't get enough peeps by Friday committing to this let's postpone to the following weekend.

I can't make it out to Pahrump...had to spend the $$$$ on extended warranty on truck.

Nemesis
March 31st, 2011, 07:10 PM
Alright guys, shop owner says if we can get 2 more we're good.

Rexbo
Fiyang
Nemesis
1.___________
2.___________

And we're good to go.

Post up if you WILL make it plz.

Nemesis
April 1st, 2011, 09:53 AM
Alright guys, Dyno run has been postponed.

Let's aim for the following weekend.

Rexbo
April 2nd, 2011, 09:54 AM
Alright guys, Dyno run has been postponed.

Let's aim for the following weekend.

****, I'm sitting in front of the shop right now... shoulda checked thread last nite instead of drinking...

Nemesis
April 2nd, 2011, 12:36 PM
****, I'm sitting in front of the shop right now... shoulda checked thread last nite instead of drinking...

Damn, bro.

I'm sorry. I feel bad. Hey, I'll pay for your dyno run if you come down next time.

Again sorry.

Rexbo
April 2nd, 2011, 03:03 PM
dont worry bout it, my fault for not checkin the thread, maybe next weekend.

Zombiphone
April 4th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I'm definitely in for this coming weekend if there are enough people to do it. I'm really liking liking the feel of my top end right now, but I'd like to see how that translates on the machine.

Nemesis
April 6th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Okay guys, let me know who's IN this weekend. If we could get 5 peeps or more we're in.

Post up if you're in plz.

Peanut_EOD
April 6th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I'm definitely in for this coming weekend if there are enough people to do it. I'm really liking liking the feel of my top end right now, but I'd like to see how that translates on the machine.

Are you gonna race with us?

Zombiphone
April 6th, 2011, 07:35 AM
No >_< I'm still too slow to race, so I'm pumping up my bike for regular track day riding right now. I'm hoping to be confident/fast enough to give NRS a try by the end of the year at either Willow or Chuckwalla though.

Peanut_EOD
April 6th, 2011, 08:17 AM
You don't have to be fast, I race!

Zombiphone
April 6th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Nah, I'm still just a solid C group rider everywhere but Streets of Willow (Where I can hang with the SLOW guys in B only because I've been there a lot) and I'm still a bit timid when it comes to passing people. I don't want to spend every race as a back marker, so I figured I'd go for it as soon as I suck less :noidea:

I just need to learn more than just SoW before I'll have any chance of doing even okay out there. Maybe once I've actually ridden Chuckwalla and have a feel for the track, I'll feel better about it, since I hear the grids are all still pretty small out there.

Peanut_EOD
April 6th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Too small. We need more riders.

fjyang
April 7th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I can still do this weekend if we can get 5

Nemesis
April 7th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Alright guys...shop owner says we're good to go. Zombiphone & Fiyang plz try to be at the shop early--say around 10am.

For those who can make it show up come on by around the same time.

Rexbo
April 7th, 2011, 04:53 PM
theres a chance I may be working this saturday... but I really do need my bike tuned before next weekend. If I can't make it can I drop off my bike one afternoon and get that done?

Nemesis
April 7th, 2011, 05:09 PM
theres a chance I may be working this saturday... but I really do need my bike tuned before next weekend. If I can't make it can I drop off my bike one afternoon and get that done?

I don't see why not. Where do you live?

If you're close by maybe I can pick it up for you and drop it off that day and get it done for you. ;)

Rexbo
April 7th, 2011, 05:14 PM
haha definitely not close... I live in redondo beach. Might just go to GP cycles if I can't get out there on sat!

Nemesis
April 7th, 2011, 08:22 PM
LOL!

So, weird. Everyone's (almost every racer I know) either in O.C. area or Redondo Beach/Torrance area.

Rexbo
April 8th, 2011, 04:46 PM
LOL!

So, weird. Everyone's (almost every racer I know) either in O.C. area or Redondo Beach/Torrance area.

OK no work this weekend! I'd BETTER see you guys there tomorrow 10am... I might show up a bit early, cuz I hate being late haha

Peanut_EOD
April 9th, 2011, 06:07 PM
So how did the dyno day go? Post up some results!

Zombiphone
April 9th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Everyone's but Jonathan's bike was running rather rich. Mine ended up peaking at around 26-27 hp-ish >_< I wish I had remember to ask for a print out, but at least now I know that it needs to be fiddled with. I figure I'll trade out jets and such tomorrow when I'm being less of a lazy bum and see how it feels.

That said, thanks a lot for setting this up Nem! It's always good to see some new and some familiar faces. And more importantly, $20 for a dyno run was well worth the ride :love: Good stuff.

Nemesis
April 11th, 2011, 08:24 AM
It was great meeting new faces and some old faces.

I'm glad you guys were able to make it. Great chatting with you guys.

Z, hurry up and get to the race track. Your times doesn't matter. You WILL improve once you get out there on the track.

F, love your older gen bike man! The fairings are sick.

R, good to see you again. Hope to give you some challenge this coming weekend.

fjyang
April 12th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Nice meeting you all!, Its great to have your jetting varified by Dyno and the cost is worth any distance and by most seat of the pants feel jetting, what feels right is always too rich. Mine makes 27-28 hp. but was waaay too rich on mid-high rpm.

I got a first gen 250 with 32mm CV carb so required a bigger main but 114 is way too rich as I also up the pilot jet size so I back it down to 104 main and take one shim off the needle from three to two.

Mine was running so rich the Dyno can't registered the graph in the mid-range haha.... It was just dumping fuel out of exhaust at 14k rpm.

We should do this more often, and hope to ride with you guys on the street sometimes.

fjyang
April 12th, 2011, 02:27 PM
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/2011/146_1103_2011_250_sportbikes_dyno/index.html

The above link and Dyno chart gives a good idea of what Stock 250's makes at the rear wheel and a 28-30HP at the rear wheel 250 is vary good indeed.

Kevin2109
March 19th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Lets do this again!!!! But with other bikes too ;)

Nemesis
March 19th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Holy revival Batman!

dino74
March 19th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Am in!

Zombiphone
March 19th, 2012, 11:37 PM
I remember this thread, way back when I still pretended to be sweet and innocent and friendly. Aw, memories.

Nemesis
March 20th, 2012, 06:04 AM
I can't remember but I think my sponsor charge zero for the runs. If so, pretty cool.