View Full Version : Is official!!!

rickyny
February 24th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I bought my bike today. A brand new 2009 Suzuki GS500F, color black and grey.The dealer will keep it for me until the weather gets better and I can ride
off with it.
Thanks everyone for your input on my other thread, I love the Ninja 250 but I believe this was a better deal for the price. Anyways I'm planning to keep this bike a couple of years until I feel ready to buy a Ninja ZX-6R.

Ricky.

slolane
February 24th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Congrats!! Pics?

Live2ride
February 24th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Congratulations! Have fun and remember, don't push it too hard, take time to get use to the bike first. :thumbup:

Alex
February 24th, 2011, 02:37 PM
nice! :thumbup: /moved to the lair

rickyny
February 24th, 2011, 02:42 PM
I thought about bringing a camera to the dealer to take a pic of the bike because I knew I wasn't going to bring it home with me, but my wife told me
that everyone at the dealership was going to think that I had never seen
a motorcycle in my life :D so I didn't take a pic.
I'll post one when I bring it home.

rickyny
February 24th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks guys ;)

Daeldren
February 24th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Carefull with those GS 500's they will take off in a hurry. Those bike's are pretty quick for their size, my buddy had one and it was fun with all that torque.

bob706
February 24th, 2011, 04:21 PM
It's not a Ninjette but congrats anyway :p

gogoKawi
February 24th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Congrats, have fun with it, and be safe.

CC Cowboy
February 25th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Suzuki makes a great bike. Have fun, be careful, and don't crash.

slolane
February 25th, 2011, 08:12 AM
I thought about bringing a camera to the dealer to take a pic of the bike because I new I wasn't going to bring it home with me, but my wife told me
that everyone at the dealership was going to think that I had never seen
a motorcycle in my life :D so I didn't take a pic.
I'll post one when I bring it home.

I just that when we got another 250 last week, went to the dealer and asked to go into the back to snap some pics of it in the crate before they built it, the salesman said people do it all the time, I love the pics!! :thumbup:

mrlmd
February 25th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Good choice, nice bike for #1, and probably for many, many years, but take it easy for the first 1000 miles 'till YOU get broken in.
I assume you got a good deal with all the info you were sent on here, and are adept at bargaining now? While you are waiting for the bike to be delivered, start collecting gear - full face helmet. armored jacket, gloves, boots, maybe overall armored pants, then you'll be all set when spring comes and the snow melts. Stay safe.
We need pics.

rickyny
February 25th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Good choice, nice bike for #1, and probably for many, many years, but take it easy for the first 1000 miles 'till YOU get broken in.
I assume you got a good deal with all the info you were sent on here, and are adept at bargaining now? While you are waiting for the bike to be delivered, start collecting gear - full face helmet. armored jacket, gloves, boots, maybe overall armored pants, then you'll be all set when spring comes and the snow melts. Stay safe.
We need pics.

Yeah Marc, I got it for $3400 plus tax and registration fees only! :thumbup:
And yes my friend I have outmost respect for this machines so I will take it
very easy, not to mention I'm a total noob :o
I'm planning to bring it home soon, I have a great place for her to wait for the snow to melt, so I'll snap a picture of Lola to post here.

Ricky.