View Full Version : Bay area (CA) social get together?

CThunder-blue
March 1st, 2011, 10:10 AM
Who's in the bay or norcal that wants to meet up? I'm thinking we can plan a day in April. Weather should be great by then and it would be nice to meet fellow ninjette owners. My car buddies and I like to visit D&B for fun and games. We could also do a Hooters meet or other stuff if you have suggestions. Primarily, this would be a meet and greet. It could be breakfast followed by a ride if you wanted as well. I'm just throwing suggestions out there.

My usual open days are Saturdays and every other Friday during the morning or afternoon. I know there are bike nights and such, but I like to spend my evenings with my wife. It would be really cool to meet new people, make friends, maybe learn some new riding skills or chat about bike mods. Who's interested?

UPDATE:

Meet is scheduled for 4/16 at Cameron's @11am

1410 Cabrillo Highway (Highway 1, just south of Hwy 92)
Half Moon Bay, CA

http://www.cameronsinn.com/

Alex
March 1st, 2011, 03:50 PM
I think we could set something fun up. I'd like to get a group ride posted in the next few weeks as well; warmer weather will be upon us soon.

bluepoof
March 1st, 2011, 04:33 PM
I'm in, with the caveat that I can only ride about 40 miles at a time right now. Worst case I could meet for breakfast/lunch/whatever and skip a longer ride.

AMMOCAN
March 1st, 2011, 04:41 PM
I am very intrigued! However, I can't say for sure or not if I would be able/ready to make it to this meet & greet in April. It all depends on several different variables at the moment. However, if I am able/ready to make the trip then I am sure that a few of my friends would be up to it as well.

Thanx,

CThunder-blue
March 1st, 2011, 04:56 PM
I think we could set something fun up. I'd like to get a group ride posted in the next few weeks as well; warmer weather will be upon us soon.

Alex, I would defer to you since you've set these up before. I have only done car meets and I wasn't into cruising.

CThunder-blue
March 3rd, 2011, 12:26 PM
Weird, I thought there were more Bay Area people on here.

Alex
March 3rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
Things generally get more response when a specific date or event is posted up. :2cents:

CThunder-blue
March 3rd, 2011, 03:00 PM
I left it open on purpose so people could look at their calendars and decide what day would work best for them.

bluepoof
March 3rd, 2011, 04:42 PM
As of right now, I could do any weekend day in April other than Sat 4/2. :thumbup:

What about a lunch meet-up in Half Moon Bay? That's definitely within my range of "rideability" and is close to many awesome roads for those that want to do a ride after lunch (Hwy 1, the Santa Cruz Mountains, up to SF, etc). I'm personally partial to Cameron's Pub but am open to suggestion.

setasai
March 3rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
I'm down. Anytime in April is fine. My free days are generally Friday/Sat/Sun. I think Friday or saturday would be best since that allows me time to do some Homework/grading before the week begins. It'll be nice to meet up with some of you. I've wanted to meet with some BARFers and while i'm sure many of them are great/cool people, I feel as though EVERYBODY at this forum are friendlier. Maybe I'm biased as I am with the ninjettes.

Edit: Half Moon Bay sounds great. Just far enough out of the major cities that we could perch ourselves wherever but close enough that it wont be a major trip. As for the ride after, I'll need to see if I have time for that (studying for MCATs so I'm not sure when my study group would like to meet up).

Alex
March 3rd, 2011, 08:35 PM
Half Moon bay could be fun, I'm game!

setasai
March 3rd, 2011, 08:53 PM
As of right now, I could do any weekend day in April other than Sat 4/2. :thumbup:

What about a lunch meet-up in Half Moon Bay? That's definitely within my range of "rideability" and is close to many awesome roads for those that want to do a ride after lunch (Hwy 1, the Santa Cruz Mountains, up to SF, etc). I'm personally partial to Cameron's Pub but am open to suggestion.

Just noticed, if we choose a pub and intend on relaxing with a nice tall glass of beer then I'll skip the ride and take the car. Either way works.

CThunder-blue
March 3rd, 2011, 10:25 PM
Sounds good. I wouldn't mind going to a barf meet, but I'm not good meeting new people who all know each other already. I just feel like an intruder.

setasai
March 3rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
I'm actually fairly anti-social so I know what you mean. If we do this ninjette meetup thing, i'll probably be in the corner stuffing my face. Still though, I think everybody here has similar goals. Have fun and keep safe, so with that, I'll put in the extra effort to say something stupid enough to get a decent conversation going.

Convo topics:
1) ridiculously difficult weather to predict
2) stupid stuff other drivers do
3) 2012 apocalypse
4) forget talking and play a game of poker

Pre-emptive veto on:
1) karaoke
2) dancing
3) cranium

AMMOCAN
March 4th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Ok, well as of right now I don't see myself being able/ready for a meet & greet ride at Half-Moon Bay in April. I will try to catch the next one though.

I might try setting up a meet & greet ride for those of us who are located east of the Bay Area, that is if there are any members besides myself in this area, lol.

CThunder-blue
March 4th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Ok, well as of right now I don't see myself being able/ready for a meet & greet ride at Half-Moon Bay in April. I will try to catch the next one though.

I might try setting up a meet & greet ride for those of us who are located east of the Bay Area, that is if there are any members besides myself in this area, lol.

Is there something wrong with the bike or do you have other things going on?

bluepoof
March 4th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Just noticed, if we choose a pub and intend on relaxing with a nice tall glass of beer then I'll skip the ride and take the car. Either way works.

While Cameron's does have excellent beer (and lots of it), when on the bikes, I recommend their root beer along with clam chowder and fish n chips! :thumbup:

setasai
March 4th, 2011, 12:30 PM
While Cameron's does have excellent beer (and lots of it), when on the bikes, I recommend their root beer along with clam chowder and fish n chips! :thumbup:

That sounds exceptional. Vote +1 on a definite Cameron's. I might just swing up there sometime to check it out myself.

AMMOCAN
March 4th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Is there something wrong with the bike or do you have other things going on?

Currently, I don't even have my motorcycle yet, as I am still waiting on the VA.

I do have a busy schedule right now, as I am in my last semester for my undergraduate degree, but probably the biggest issue is that Half-Moon Bay is quite a long journey for me (about 2+ hours), and I am not sure if my body and skill level will be up for such a daunting ride by that point.

We have lots of riding time ahead of us, so I am sure there will be other meet & greet rides coming up that I can catch.

maichang
March 16th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I am in, wherever you guys want to meet in NorCal. As long as my schedule can make it, i will attend.
btw, I think making a group is a good idea. It's hard for me to meet up other lit Ninja riders when I hit the road.
so count me in please.
you guys can reach me by: maichang114@gmail.com

CThunder-blue
March 16th, 2011, 02:47 PM
So April is near. How does April 16th work for everyone?

bluepoof
March 16th, 2011, 03:02 PM
So April is near. How does April 16th work for everyone?

Works for me! Meet around 11 at Cameron's and then people can ride afterwards if they want?

1410 Cabrillo Highway (Highway 1, just south of Hwy 92)

http://www.cameronsinn.com/

Fly'in Ninja
March 18th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I'm in for the Ninjette meet!! My work schedule/days off changes every quarter of the year, but I hope to make this one!!:thumbup:

setasai
March 18th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Im down.

Manimal
March 24th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Saturday's are generally no good for me. However, From time to time I get a small window of free time later in the afternoon. Sunday is my day to ride.

maichang
March 31st, 2011, 10:50 AM
i am down!!

Fly'in Ninja
April 6th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Counting down the days!! :happy60:

setasai
April 7th, 2011, 07:02 PM
What's the headcount up to now? I'm seeing maybe 8ish? Should we do something so that we know who we are... like wear a ridiculous top-hat or something?

CThunder-blue
April 8th, 2011, 07:44 AM
I think showing up on a 250 would be enough :), although I do have ninjette.org decals on my windscreen. lol

bluepoof
April 8th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I'm incredibly easy to locate -- I'll be the short chick with motorcycle gear. :lol: I'll also be with my husband, who's 6'4" with a long ponytail. We're the most conspicuous humans on earth.

Alex
April 8th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I was looking forward to this, but I'll be flying back home that morning and won't be here in time. I'll make the next one! :thumbup:

setasai
April 8th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Bummers Alex. We'll save you a root beer.

Fly'in Ninja
April 9th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Look out for ninja 250's in the parking lot...

Meet :)

eat :hungry:

ride :thumbup:

4-14-11 weather looks good for the saturday's meet, overcast but no rain!!

S14
April 15th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Support this!

bluepoof
April 15th, 2011, 02:26 PM
There's a non-zero chance that I may be showing up in my car instead of on the bike -- I rode too much for my back's ability last weekend and I've been in a world of hurt all week. I'm feeling better today than I have all week, but I'm not sure whether I'll want to get on a bike this weekend. Worst case we'll still swing by for lunch and to meet people and I'll just have to ride the next time. :D

setasai
April 15th, 2011, 07:03 PM
It's all good. Just show up and hang for a bit. I have to head to a friend's bbq right after so I'll need to leave after lunch anyways.

I'll be riding there with my buddy on a cruiser. He wants me to inform all of you that he will be wearing CROTCHLESS + ASSLESS leather chaps. I'll be the guy on the ninja next to him. I also have a friend I frequently ride with who rides his female(not girlfriend) friend's vino 125cc scooter. We're an odd trio but he's busy this weekend. Oh wells.

Fly'in Ninja
April 16th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Hey all,

Sorry I can't make this meet.
I gotta cover a shift at work, bummer!!
Hope you'll have a Great time!!
Looking forward to the next meet!!!

bluepoof
April 16th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Had a great time meeting everyone! :D Hopefully I'll get to ride next time...gotta get a pre-gen in the mix to represent. :D

kkim
April 16th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Had a great time meeting everyone! :D Hopefully I'll get to ride next time...gotta get a pre-gen in the mix to represent. :D

Pic!!! We need pics!!! :photo:

Alex
April 16th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Glad it went well! We're back home this afternoon, but we started out this morning on the other side of the country. 3:45 AM wakeup call in order to make the plane. :eek: Sorry I couldn't join you all, but I hope to make the next one! :thumbup:

Sushilover
April 16th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Sorry I couldn't make this one either! Next time I'll try to be there!

setasai
April 16th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Haha, good point. We didnt actually end up taking pics. We just met up, had lunch and chilled for a bit and then headed out. Cool place though. Definitely up for meeting up again.

CThunder-blue
April 16th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Yeah, it was really fun meeting everyone! We should get together next month.

CThunder-blue
May 12th, 2011, 09:20 AM
So who's up for meeting in June? I can't make the 11th or 18th so either first or last weekend in June?

bluepoof
May 12th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I'll likely have to work the first weekend in June, so either day of the last weekend would be better for me. :thumbup:

setasai
May 12th, 2011, 08:59 PM
The last weekend of June would be optimal. I have my MCAT exam on June 16th and Tommy (cruiser friend with crotchless/assless chaps) has the exam a little earlier as well so any other weekend wouldnt work out.

CThunder-blue
May 13th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Sounds good so far. We'll say the last Saturday of June then. Anyone want to pick a spot to meet at/ have lunch?

CThunder-blue
May 16th, 2011, 08:42 AM
suggestions for meeting places?

setasai
May 16th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I really liked Camerons last time. The environment was fantastic. Was a nice and relaxing ride and was not crowded at all. If we cant find somewhere else, I'd be down to go back there or further south to Santa Cruz/Pescadero region.

CThunder-blue
May 16th, 2011, 11:20 AM
It'd be nice to find a good place to take photos as well.

bluepoof
May 16th, 2011, 11:37 AM
It'd be nice to find a good place to take photos as well.

We could do Sam's Chowderhouse, which is a few miles north of Cameron's, also on Hwy 1 in Half Moon Bay.

http://www.samschowderhouse.com/

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5024/5610219652_41547db957_m.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5141/5610220032_d88b323252_m.jpg

It's right on the beach so it would be easy to take nice pics after lunch (without the bikes, though, as the parking area is back from the ocean).

It's annoyingly difficult to find good photo op places for the bikes along Hwy 1 -- they're all either sandy pullouts that are usually full of surfers, or they're parking lots out of sight from the actual water. :mad:

Montara State Beach is just a little ways north of Sam's and would be a good place to pose the bikes with the ocean.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5307/5609639333_f0acd2b2b9_m.jpg

The best local place I know of for photo ops along 1 is down near Pescadero, which also has awesome lunch places. I don't think I can ride that far yet though (my doc thinks otherwise but given that yesterday's 35 minute elliptical session left my back sore and burning, I'm not optimistic).

CThunder-blue
May 16th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Let's do Sam's Chowderhouse! I'm always down to try new places.

setasai
May 16th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Haha Carolyn, You're just full of ideas aren't you? Awesome. Sounds good to me.

bluepoof
May 16th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Haha Carolyn, You're just full of ideas aren't you? Awesome. Sounds good to me.

Ha, I've been reduced to riding a 50 mile radius for almost 2 years and I'm a project manager. The combination means that I will obsessively over-plan anything within my riding range. ;)

CThunder-blue
June 1st, 2011, 07:49 AM
Bumped! Anyone else coming? I wonder if we should start a new thread since the first post on this one says the meet already happened.

Fly'in Ninja
June 3rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
Good Idea:thumbup:...cause new members in the area might be lookin to attend a meet.

paterick4o8
June 3rd, 2011, 10:01 PM
oops. I just saw this. next time. set up another one yeah?

CThunder-blue
June 3rd, 2011, 10:10 PM
oops. I just saw this. next time. set up another one yeah?

We have another one on 6/25. The last saturday of this month. I'll post a new thread.

CThunder-blue
June 3rd, 2011, 10:16 PM
Here ya go: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=303166#post303166