View Full Version : 2011 Bike Week Demo Rides

illrational
March 8th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Has any one done demo rides before and what did they ask of you before they let you ride?

sombo
March 8th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Did demo rides on a Can-am Spyder RS and a Yamaha FZ6R last Saturday. For the Spyder you didn't need much more then you and a motorcycle endorsement (permit not enough). If you didn't have a helmet they had helmets to borrow. For the other 3 (Kawasaki, Yamaha, and Suzuki, Honda isn't doing demo rides) you need long pants, long sleeves, closed toe shoes, your own helmet and of course your MC endorsement. Get there EARLY, the Kawi sport bike demos for the entire day were full by 1000 Sat morning. The others still had openings for their sport bike demo rides until about noon.

The Yamaha demo driver took us on a nice route that had a decent mix of back road twists and a few nice straights. He also told us before starting that he likes to accelerate hard from turns and lights if it is clear, so don't be afraid to wring the bike out. Just don't go beyond your comfort level of course. I will be going back this weekend to try and get there soon enough to ride a Kawasaki Ninja 650. I got there after they filled up last weekend. :(

Above all else keep safe, obey their rules (no stunting or doing something stupid, they all have ZERO tolerance), and have fun playing with the bike(s). :D

illrational
March 8th, 2011, 07:51 AM
damn i didnt go to dmv to get my mc endorsement i just took class and have been riding around, **** i have to get that done

caps
March 8th, 2011, 08:50 AM
damn i didnt go to dmv to get my mc endorsement i just took class and have been riding around, **** i have to get that done

seriously? its $32 and about 20 min if you make an appointment and have all your paperwork.

CC Cowboy
March 8th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Did demo rides on a Can-am Spyder RS and a Yamaha FZ6R last Saturday. For the Spyder you didn't need much more then you and a motorcycle endorsement (permit not enough). If you didn't have a helmet they had helmets to borrow. For the other 3 (Kawasaki, Yamaha, and Suzuki, Honda isn't doing demo rides) you need long pants, long sleeves, closed toe shoes, your own helmet and of course your MC endorsement. Get there EARLY, the Kawi sport bike demos for the entire day were full by 1000 Sat morning. The others still had openings for their sport bike demo rides until about noon.

The Yamaha demo driver took us on a nice route that had a decent mix of back road twists and a few nice straights. He also told us before starting that he likes to accelerate hard from turns and lights if it is clear, so don't be afraid to wring the bike out. Just don't go beyond your comfort level of course. I will be going back this weekend to try and get there soon enough to ride a Kawasaki Ninja 650. I got there after they filled up last weekend. :(

Above all else keep safe, obey their rules (no stunting or doing something stupid, they all have ZERO tolerance), and have fun playing with the bike(s). :D

Harley test rides are at the other end of the track. I highly recommend it for anyone who has never owned or ridden a Harley. Be careful it can be addicting.

sombo
March 8th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I thought they said it was over at the Harley dealership nearby?

Either way, they keep to themselves and don't associate with the rest of the demo's so I didn't bother to go look for them. Therefore they are not counted in the regular demo ride area. :p