View Full Version : Rear signal lenses

Csmith9
March 15th, 2011, 01:17 AM
For those not informed Asian Cycle is no longer in operation.

Which leads me to a problem, ordering rear signal covers in amber color.
Does any one know of another place that carries these?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

coolbreeze
March 15th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Have you tried ebay? I see clear/smoke, but no amber.

coolbreeze
March 15th, 2011, 02:29 PM
http://www.d2moto.com/p-7046-1994-2006-kawasaki-ninja-ex250-smoke-tail-light-lenses-with-signals.aspx, more clear/smoke, but a lot cheaper than ebay (75).

Stogie
March 15th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Here are some Amber rear turn signials. Unfortunately they're currently out of stock.

http://www.d2moto.com/p-5704-1994-2007-kawasaki-ninja-ex250-250-amber-rear-turn-signal-lenses.aspx

choneofakind
March 15th, 2011, 06:30 PM
pretty sure these are in stock, nothing says otherwise

http://www.dashzracing.com/88-07-Kawasaki-Ninja-EX250-Euro-Amber-Rear-Turn-Signal-Lights-By-Volar/-p7549633.html

Csmith9
March 16th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Ya I did an hour of searching any where that I could and only found those other 2 sites. I want to get amber ones so the only choice I have is the GD $25 pair, which look a lot lighter of a color than those on Asian cycle. Also look differently shaped but I guess if I plan to ride soon I'll have to suck it up and try them out. I will let every one know how they fit and look once i get them.

choneofakind
March 16th, 2011, 05:27 AM
They're the ones by volar. I'm pretty sure they're the same as what's on D2moto and that's where I got mine from. They're a touch light, but you can always get amber 1156 bulbs for like $2 a pack. I use amber LEDs so I don't really have that problem, but I think the picture is deceptively light colored

Csmith9
March 16th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Good point about getting amber bulbs also if they are too light colored.
I actually looked at the full set of smoked ones and those don't look to terrible.
I don't know if they would be as noticeable as the colored ones though.

coolbreeze
March 16th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Good point about getting amber bulbs also if they are too light colored.
I actually looked at the full set of smoked ones and those don't look to terrible.
I don't know if they would be as noticeable as the colored ones though.
I think the smoked would look great on your bike since it's still kind of a light color.
As far as being noticed, you would definitely have to switch to amber bulbs.

Csmith9
March 16th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Ya don't go through dash Z racing if you live out of the states, the shipping is like 70 dollars. Looks like Amber lights are out of the picture for me..:(

Timon
March 16th, 2011, 04:47 PM
What is it for someone in the states? Might be more cost effective to have it shipped to the states then have someone else ship it to you.

Csmith9
March 17th, 2011, 12:35 AM
So I had another idea come to me while I was working today, that idea was to get smoked signals for the front and back so that they match. Ya not happening D2moto is out of stock for the smoked front signals..

Any ways I did some googling for addresses and such to try out on what it would cost if that some one I knew lived in Minot ND. It still came close to 50 dollars after shipping.

Thanks for the idea Timon but still dam expensive.:(

coolbreeze
March 17th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Have you tried CraigsList? You may find someone parting out a bike with exactly what you want.

CZroe
March 17th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Do they need to be amber to be legal? I placed a late-Feb order with them for front signals but did not order any rear lenses because the previous owner had already integrated them into the tail. I figured that they were supposed to be red. It is a friend's bike, BTW, and I haven't seen it in person (opposite sides of the continent).

Csmith9
March 17th, 2011, 10:46 AM
The law here says it needs to be 9 inches (i think) from center of brake light to center of signal light if its a different color. But if its red they need to be farther.
I'm quite certain I could put the red ones back in for a month till D2moto gets more stock in, but I would like to match the rear lenses to the front.

Thank you every one for the helpful ideas.
The rest of the decision making is now up to me haha.

coolbreeze
March 17th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Do they need to be amber to be legal? I doubt it, more and more autos are coming with all red tail lights.

Csmith9
March 17th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I doubt it, more and more autos are coming with all red tail lights.

A lot of those are all LED tail lights though, which are significantly more noticeable then just a bulb and a plastic cover. Especially during day time hours.