View Full Version : Touring Configuration

SV-Mark
September 17th, 2008, 06:08 PM
The Nelson Rigg bags showed up today, like $60.00, cool. I had bought this tankbag from a local shop last week (support the local shop:thumbup:) and it looks like I'm ready to tour, planning an overnight in a couple weeks, northern CA, plan to take some pics, keep posted

JCCJMM_
September 17th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Cool. I got the Silver Streak minis and they are great quality. Thought much about a tail bag? It would increase your luggage capacity by quite a bit. I bought the Dowco value tail bag for like $40. Its really good quality for the money and includes a sewn-in rain cover.

dw8
September 18th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Stupid question, but is your tank bag on backwards? It looks identical to the one I use. That is why I am asking.

SV-Mark
September 18th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Backwards?? I don't know it didn't come with instructions, it very well may be backwards, does the carry handle go towards the front or rear? set me straight.

dw8
September 18th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Mine didn't come with instructions either. :lol: I put mine with the handle towards me. The other side is contoured to fit around the triple tree. Not too mention, mine has a clear map lid on it. And putting it your way would slope the map in the opposite direction. :thumbup:

SV-Mark
September 18th, 2008, 09:26 PM
OK, I got it, actually the magnets seem to be better located with the handle towards me, I was wrong (that was the first time, ever;)) I'm glad I put it out there for the world to see:o

dw8
September 19th, 2008, 05:02 AM
We all do silly things from time to time. Glad to have helped. :thumbup:

barrypz
September 19th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Mine has the handle toward the rider, the front has a clip for the safety strap that goes around the handlebars and keeps the bag from falling off.
Barry

BlueTyke
October 17th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I have the cortech tail bag that works nicely for me. You can even by additional saddlebags too.

Touring on a Two-fifty is tough but well worth it..

SV-Mark
October 17th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I'm looking forward to touring on it Sunny, my partner faked out on my last planned trip, still going to get it together however:thumbup:

BlueTyke
October 17th, 2008, 05:11 PM
I'm looking forward to touring on it Sunny, my partner faked out on my last planned trip, still going to get it together however:thumbup:

aaah what a flake! Thats a shame. I have done two over nights on my little ninja and did alright. Though I haven't done anything that involved a tent. The key is to pack lightly but bring everything you need. I think the most I have done in one day was about 450 miles (give or take) Luckily I didn't feel it to badly!

SV-Mark
October 17th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Yea Sunny, I'm not planning on tenting it, A few years ago I borrowed someones cot while tenting it at Stonyford riding dirtbikes, A coleman cot is a much better alternative to a leaky air mattress, I will probably be staying in motels on my "little" sport touring adventures. Beds are great :thumbup:
What's the latest on your bike? I have been hoping for a plugged up fuel vent hose for you, No good reason for a low milage ninja 250 to die like yours did, I assume you had oil and coolant, I'm hoping for something minor, keep us posted :)

BlueTyke
November 4th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Sorry life took me away.

I like the nice bath/shower after a long ride :D thats why I would probably always stay somewhere.

As for Tyke... Still no real news. She is at a local Kawai shop. I got the extra warranty so we are still hoping its all covered. The 'quick' diagnosis is that a bearing went out in the engine, metal shavings in the oil. They wouldn't be able to tell until they took the engine apart and then they could also tell if it is covered then too. But because i kept the records of all of my maintence, including recall checks etc..., and the fact that there was oil in it... The tech is going to try to do everything he can to see if it falls under the warranty. This was as of last, last Thursday. The guy didn't get a chance to look at her last week (which I think is bum because she's been there with the approval to do the work for a week already and when they had to get the approval they had it within the hour. Approval many because if it is not covered I have to pay for the break down of the engine).

So long story short... We still waiten... :(

SV-Mark
November 4th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Worse than I would have expected, good news on the warranty however, probably missing the last few decent riding days, good luck with the repairs:thumbup:

BlueTyke
November 4th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks. I'll keep everyone posted.