View Full Version : Quarter Mile at a time...

wyckedflesh
March 20th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Yup, my son and I went out to the Saturday Night Drags last night, basically the run what ya brung drags. He rode the 250, and I rode my Ducati.

At a whopping 130lbs, 145lbs in gear, he ran a quickest of 15.88s ET at 79.13mph.

Two Brothers Slip On
Dynojet jetting (112 main, Needle on the 2nd from bottom, no shims, drilled slides)
Unipod Filters
14/42 gearing
140 Sport Demon

This was a last minute decision so I didn't bother switching to the stock gearing since I don't have a larger rear sprocket for more acceleration.

This was also his very first time running the drags, and after an initial run of 17.08, he stayed in the 16's until the last run. Generally launching at 10K, with one attempt at 13.5K.

His trap speeds averaged 75-77 mph with a single run topping out at 81.05mph.

Going to order a 46T rear for our next foray. As well as taking the bike in to a local shop that does Dyno tuning to get the jetting more nailed down. I am running a 112 main because during the summer, the 110 main ran a bit lean still. The winter has the 112 to fat, but it isn't hurting the gas mileage and the bike still pulls good. May also look into an adjustable ignition box to dial the timing in for race fuel at the track. (Make a map already and just swap maps at the track)

Oh, the Duc ran consistent 13's, and with a better rear sprocket gearing I know I can get it down into the 12's, possibly the 11's with a drag radial.

Anyone else run at the drags? (search didn't come up with much)