View Full Version : Passed my MSF - BRC today!

PsychoNinja
March 20th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I passed my Safety Course today! I am happy. I am planning on going to the DMV tomorrow so I can get my endorsement after 5 months of having my learner's permit. :D

BTW, the box on the skills assessment sucks! :mad:;) Just thought I would share that little tidbit. LOL

choneofakind
March 20th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Congrats!!!

I got my temps, walked into an MSF course that night, and then got my license last summer. All within a week, and never having ridden or even sat on a motorcycle in my life :thumbup: The box is actually nice. one of the roads I ride dead-ends. I actually use it all the time

warlord
March 20th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Congrats!

Did you need a learners permit for your MSF? I didn't have one (and it wasn't an issue). Then again I didn't own a motorcycle or have anyone who could go riding with me anyway...

choneofakind
March 20th, 2011, 08:50 PM
In Ohio you need a valid learners permit to get your license.

Yasko
March 20th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Congratulation...Be safe...:thumbup:

AMMOCAN
March 21st, 2011, 12:23 AM
Congratulations!

PsychoNinja
March 21st, 2011, 02:49 PM
Congrats!

Did you need a learners permit for your MSF? I didn't have one (and it wasn't an issue). Then again I didn't own a motorcycle or have anyone who could go riding with me anyway...

I believe I needed a learners permit for the MSF where I live, but other states might have different laws regarding that. I got my learner's permit 1 week after getting my bike and took the MSF 1 month before it expires, so I'm good! :thumbup::D

wvninja
March 21st, 2011, 04:22 PM
congratz, i was the only one in the class to get the box perfect during my test. my last name starts with a C so i guess it was first person luck cause we did it alphabetically and i went first.

Powerlogix
March 21st, 2011, 04:31 PM
Congrats on passing th MSF. Make sure you tell your insurance that and some vendors will also give a one time discount on merchandise if you show them you passed.

JeffM
March 21st, 2011, 05:13 PM
Congratulations

:goodjobsign:

Havok
March 21st, 2011, 08:34 PM
Grats. In CA you do not need your permit for the msf course.

Live2ride
March 21st, 2011, 08:51 PM
That's great! I actually took the msf course to get my permit. At the end of the course in virginia, if you pass, they give you a 30 day temporary permit or license if your 19 or older. I had to wait 9 months with my permit to get my license here in Virginia...I'm getting my license tomorrow :D

PsychoNinja
March 22nd, 2011, 06:35 AM
Thanks everyone! :thumbup:

I got my new license yesterday, just need to wait for it to come in the mail. Now that I think of it, I should've worn my helmet for a few minutes prior to getting my dorky picture taken so I had helmet hair for my new license photo! LOL :D

choneofakind
March 22nd, 2011, 06:58 AM

I got my new license yesterday, just need to wait for it to come in the mail. Now that I think of it, I should've worn my helmet for a few minutes prior to getting my dorky picture taken so I had helmet hair for my new license photo! LOL :D

oh thats a good idea why didn't I think of that last summer!! :D

Sushilover
March 22nd, 2011, 09:34 AM
Congratulations!

Don't forget to keep practicing the skills you learned!

MiniCog
March 22nd, 2011, 03:42 PM
BTW, the box on the skills assessment sucks! :mad:;) Just thought I would share that little tidbit. LOL

LOL yeah, that's to only problem I had taking it a couple years ago, doing the figure 8 inside that little box. Good thing I've been riding dirtbikes for 1/2 my life, made a 100 on riding (and written)!

What bikes did you guys use? Rebels or Eliminator 125's?

I had to renew my licence when I got my car licence (had the bike licence for a year, of course). I rode up to the DMV after a couple hours of riding and met my dad there, my current picture has helmet hair... Too bad I need to renew it. :(

choneofakind
March 22nd, 2011, 08:11 PM
The helmet hair is perfect. Seriously that would make my license that much better. Oh well...

I think I road a Suzuki DR200 or something like that at the MSF course? It was a 200cc dual-sport. fun.

Live2ride
March 22nd, 2011, 08:21 PM

I went to the dmv today and got mine (7-10 days to get here). The woman made me retake the picture, she said "You can't show your pearly whites in the picture, Hun". I think she was attempting to hit on me during the process, but I'm not into the whole 40 years age difference between us :eek:.

MiniCog
March 22nd, 2011, 08:30 PM
The helmet hair is perfect. Seriously that would make my license that much better. Oh well...

I think I road a Suzuki DR200 or something like that at the MSF course? It was a 200cc dual-sport. fun.

Lucky, We had to ride Eliminator 125's...

Since the instructors "kinda knew" that me and another guy have been riding dirtbikes for at least 1/2 our lives, they let us try wheelies and I tried to top it out in the parking lot... 0-60 takes like 8 years on those bikes.

choneofakind
March 22nd, 2011, 08:30 PM
I went to the dmv today and got mine (7-10 days to get here). The woman made me retake the picture, she said "You can't show your pearly whites in the picture, Hun". I think she was attempting to hit on me during the process, but I'm not into the whole 40 years age difference between us :eek:.

not true. I was grinning like an idiot the day I got my motorcycle temps picture taken. :D

MiniCog
March 22nd, 2011, 08:34 PM

Yeah, when they look at my licence with messy hair and then look at me, they just kinda look confused for a second. I guess that's when they see the Class CM instead of just C... Bank tellers can be weird.

Live2ride
March 22nd, 2011, 08:34 PM
not true. I was grinning like an idiot the day I got my motorcycle temps picture taken. :D

Haha, I hope she didn't take the extra picture for her creepy cougar scrap book or something :ohno:. I remember them telling me the same thing for my driver's license though. Maybe it's just Virginia :confused:.

choneofakind
March 22nd, 2011, 08:52 PM
Haha, I hope she didn't take the extra picture for her creepy cougar scrap book or something :ohno:.

If she did, you should take it as a compliment :eek:

Live2ride
March 22nd, 2011, 08:59 PM
O no, don't get me started, for some reason I am very attractive to cougars, just ask my step moms sister who tried to pick me up in a bar before she realized I'm my fathers son and not his friend...but that story is for another time.:focus:

MiniCog
March 25th, 2011, 06:40 AM
That happened to me. There was some 35-40 year old lady working art Sonic with me. She was always hitting on my friends and me. It was awkward. I knew her son.

Yes, back to topic!