View Full Version : Just got a 2009 ER-6N. And another one gone, and another one gone...

Reddoak
March 21st, 2011, 07:37 PM
Didn't bite the dust, got traded in for a new (old stock) 2009 ER-6N. Loved the little red bike, but it got to be a bit overwhelmed when I put my 10 year old on the back to ride around... so... larger bike.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/fredsmithh/Motorcycle%20stuff/2011-03-19_21-38-34_323.jpg

I find myself comparing to the 250 a lot so far.

Handling: Just as good, so far. The 250 was more capable a bike than I was a rider. The Er is about the same.

Feel: A little more comfortable once rolling. I'm not tall (5'7") and I could flat foot both feet on the 250. Not so on the Er. Close... but not quite. The position with feet up and rolling feels better on the Er. But only by a small amount.

Seat: Yeah... they both aren't great.

Power: Who knows? I'm still breaking in the Er, so I'm taking it way easy. That said... It feels way more powerful keeping it under 4k than the 250 felt at 10k. There's just more, no surprise there, duh!

Looks: Um. The 250 looks nicer. I like the Er, but it's weird looking. The 2008+ 250R looks all business. It's a little dog dressed up as big one.

2 up riding: Hands down to the Er. No contest. Feels more capable right from the start.

Value: Well.... To be honest... the Er takes it. Only because I paid full MSRP for it (oops!) and paid $4,600 for a leftover Er. It was a hell of a deal. At MSRP, the 250 probably takes it.

Anyways, having had my 250 for 2 years and 11 months, I can honestly say it's a true classic in it's own right. Kawi really did right on this one, and it's one of the all time best bikes ever, small or large.

Yasko
March 21st, 2011, 09:56 PM
Hot looking bike...:thumbup:

backinthesaddleagain
March 22nd, 2011, 06:05 AM
Awesome, great deal too.

grandelatte
March 22nd, 2011, 06:09 AM
Nice bike. Congratulations!

bob706
March 22nd, 2011, 06:27 AM
Congrats :thumbup:

trex
March 22nd, 2011, 06:43 AM
i want one of these...wish they would bring the other colors over to the states...

gogoKawi
March 22nd, 2011, 06:44 AM
Congrats. Looks like it will be a fun bike.

pathfinder
March 22nd, 2011, 06:57 AM
That is best looking pic of an ER-6n I have seen. Good choice!

CC Cowboy
March 22nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
Clean your garage.

Did you realize that bike isn't green?

Reddoak
March 23rd, 2011, 05:36 AM
Clean your garage.

Did you realize that bike isn't green?

My garage is clean. All the clutter liked the new bike so much it crowded around to see the new guy. There were no green 2009 Ers...

Reddoak
April 1st, 2011, 07:29 PM
So after 3 years of having a 250 with a 2 Bros from day one... Even the wife thinks the new ride is too quiet.

2 Bros. is out. I liked it, but it was a bit... much.
Thinking Leo Vince or Vance and Hines. Any opinions?

Yasko
April 1st, 2011, 07:45 PM
How's that bike on the highway??? How are the brakes??? What kinda of mpgs do you think you will get??? How's the open air without a windscreen??? :thumbup:

I like that bike, but hard to find 2nd hand, and I was not sure about the no windscreen for highway ridding... Great under the radar bike... :thumbup:

Reddoak
April 2nd, 2011, 04:32 AM
How's that bike on the highway???
Terrific! It sits at about 5-6K rpms on the highway. Much nicer than the frenetic engine speeds of the 250. Acceleration, if you need it, is brisk. No downshifts needed. The bike is well planted and feels plenty stable. See below as far as wind goes...
How are the brakes???
Could be better. The stopping power is fine, but the feel is meh. Hard to define, but the 250 felt better, although the Er is fine. The one thing that is better for braking is the front forks. The 250 always felt like I was compressing them right to the bottoms, the Er is a bit stiffer.
What kinda of mpgs do you think you will get???
Low to mid 40s. I was getting 55 on the 250.
How's the open air without a windscreen???
In Florida, I like wind blast! On the highway, however, it's a different experience. If I did a lot of highway miles, I'd invest in a wind deflector (there are a few) because it's fairly strong at highways speeds. I find myself leaning forward to compensate, not uncomfortable, but it's there. On the 250, I found myself leaning forward to tuck and make it easier on the bike...
:thumbup:

I like that bike, but hard to find 2nd hand, and I was not sure about the no windscreen for highway ridding... Great under the radar bike... :thumbup:
I liked the 250, I like the Er just as much.

Yasko
April 2nd, 2011, 07:05 AM
Thank you very much...

DR1300R
April 2nd, 2011, 09:00 AM
Looks like a mini B King... Ugly.. :boink:

Very good review though.. :thumbup:

Reddoak
April 2nd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Looks like a mini B King... Ugly.. :boink:

Very good review though.. :thumbup:
Kawi says it has "sharp masculine styling" not a weird looking snout. So... I'm on a dude? What? I'll stick with weird. I drive an weird looking car, too, so what the hell?!

It is a bit insect like, sort of... I like it, but the 650R is the nicer looking bike of the two. The only real gripe I have is the turn signal/radiator cowlings on the sides.

I rode around my 250 w/out fairings for a few days (working on stuff) and it looked pretty homely without its clothes on, too!

Yasko
April 2nd, 2011, 05:20 PM
I love the look...:artist:

It's also cool that not everyone has one...:thumbup:

Reddoak
April 2nd, 2011, 06:45 PM
It is kind of interesting, the comments are different now:

Before: It's a Ninja 250.
Comment: Oh. Should have got a literbike.

Now: It's an ER-6N
Comment: A what? Should have got a literbike.

c-dog
April 2nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
-

Yasko
April 3rd, 2011, 06:51 AM
It is kind of interesting, the comments are different now:

Before: It's a Ninja 250.
Comment: Oh. Should have got a literbike.

Now: It's an ER-6N
Comment: A what? Should have got a literbike.

Yes it's can get to be a pain... I get "You look like a state road worker in that safety vest..."
I respond with "Can you see me???, Then shut the Hell up..."

Xoulrath
April 5th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Nice bike. There are some great deals to be had on the ER-6n at some of the dealerships here in Georgia. I have seen them as low as $4,999. I imagine you could probably get on for close to $5,500 OTD. Great looking bike, it is weird yes, but weird is good. I have a friend who wanted to buy one but he has a baby on the way and is in the middle of finishing school.

Reddoak
April 6th, 2011, 10:19 PM
My boring ride to work... Compare it to Kkims epic video... This is how the other half lives!

UI7WmD7cxHU

Davis937
April 7th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Congratulations on the new bike ... I envy you. Yeah, like some of the other posters I've been an admirer of the ER6N ... Call me quirky ... but ... I think the bike is really nice looking (granted, different from the ninja 250) but beautiful in a ... hmmm ... quirky sort of way. At least people will do a double take of your bike. How do you like the "upright" riding position ... almost like a cruiser, I imagine. I'm very interested in your impressions of the bike and how it handles ... I don't know anyone who owns an ER ... I really like that there are not too many on the road. It's nice to be special, no? Ride safe ...

p.s. I'm also a short rider (only 5'4") ... I understand the 2010 or 2011 ER has a reduced seat height of 29 inches ... that helps.

dtyndall
April 7th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Congrats on the new purchase, man. Sounds like you got a great deal. I personally prefer the 650R but for the steal-of-a-price I would've jumped on it too. What's next for ya?

Reddoak
April 8th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Congratulations on the new bike ... I envy you. Yeah, like some of the other posters I've been an admirer of the ER6N ... Call me quirky ... but ... I think the bike is really nice looking (granted, different from the ninja 250) but beautiful in a ... hmmm ... quirky sort of way. At least people will do a double take of your bike. How do you like the "upright" riding position ... almost like a cruiser, I imagine. I'm very interested in your impressions of the bike and how it handles ... I don't know anyone who owns an ER ... I really like that there are not too many on the road. It's nice to be special, no? Ride safe ...

p.s. I'm also a short rider (only 5'4") ... I understand the 2010 or 2011 ER has a reduced seat height of 29 inches ... that helps.

Handling.... Hmmm.... Well, I know it feels like I could take a corner faster on the 250 at this point. The Er handles bumps better, the 250 seems a bit jumpy on rough roads. Odds are, I would enter at a higher speed on the 250, but exit it faster on the Er. The 250 felt a bit tighter, if you know what I mean. The Er is noticable heavier, but carries its additional bulk low enough that I was comfortable very quickly in a parking lot or driveway, so there's no problem there. The 250, being lighter, was quicker to flip from a left to right leaning position (or the other way) than the Er is.

As far as seat height, the 2009 I have is a little higher than the 250 was. At 5'7" I can just flat foot it with boots on. The bike is narrow. At 5'4" I suspect you would be one footing it at lights. The lower 2010+ might help. There are lowering links out there if not.

The position is a bit more upright than the 250, by not by loads. My wrists definitely like it better!

Congrats on the new purchase, man. Sounds like you got a great deal. I personally prefer the 650R but for the steal-of-a-price I would've jumped on it too. What's next for ya?
If anyone asked what my next bike would be for the last three years, I would have probably said the 650R, as well. Seems like the logical next larger bike from the 250R. I've liked the ER-6N since they came out, however. And at the price? It was a no-brainer...

Next? Nothing for a while. This may sound stupid... but I may save up and buy a pre-gen 250 just to screw around with. They are stupid fun... In some ways I preferred the little Ninja. It was nice to open the throttle full bore, all the time.

dtyndall
April 8th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Next? Nothing for a while. This may sound stupid... but I may save up and buy a pre-gen 250 just to screw around with. They are stupid fun... In some ways I preferred the little Ninja. It was nice to open the throttle full bore, all the time.

All while getting roughly 50-60 mpg, right? lol. By the way, I just signed up on Fuelly, add me on there. My username is dtyndall!

Reddoak
April 8th, 2011, 10:08 AM
All while getting roughly 50-60 mpg, right? lol. By the way, I just signed up on Fuelly, add me on there. My username is dtyndall!

Done! I got about 53 on my 2008 as an average...

dtyndall
April 8th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Done! I got about 53 on my 2008 as an average...

That's not too bad. Come to think of it I would only get ~170 miles out of a topped off tank. Probably from trying too make up for the lack of speed by winding the hell out of it, lol.

Anyway man, take care and congrats again on the purchase. I'll see you around on here and keep track of the new bike on fuelly.

caps
April 8th, 2011, 02:35 PM
LOOK AT THAT SWEET MAZDA3!

Lol, but seriously I was up at the Ducati dealership by you today (my buddy works their) and he was offering me some stupid low prices on a Duc, but as soon as I sat on one I knew instantly that it wasn't the bike for me. I want something that I could hop on and run up to the Wednesday night meet, or go to Daytona for the weekend with the wife. A Duc just isn't that bike... at all!

I'm leaning towards a CBR lately.

Xoulrath
April 8th, 2011, 02:42 PM
I want something that I could hop on and run up to the Wednesday night meet, or go to Daytona for the weekend with the wife. A Duc just isn't that bike... at all!

I'm leaning towards a CBR lately.What Duc are you looking at? I have heard nothing but rave reviews about the Multistrada 1200. Sure, it only does mild off-road duty, but that shouldn't be a problem given what you are looking for. Cost is the factor for most people I would imagine.

caps
April 8th, 2011, 02:46 PM
I was going to get the only Black 1198 SP for sale in the country. The only other one was purchased a few days ago by the owner of Patron.

They did have a flat black 848 EVO that was gorgeous, but im a Subaru man and could never own anything referred to as an EVO

Reddoak
April 8th, 2011, 07:19 PM
At my signal, unleash hell...

Reddoak
April 8th, 2011, 07:19 PM
NOW!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/fredsmithh/Motorcycle%20stuff/2011-04-08_21-50-51_535.jpg

Reddoak
April 23rd, 2011, 04:58 PM
Left my house at 5:30 this morning. Stopped by my office, then headed south. 225 miles and 4 1/2 hours later I was in Miami.

Longest ride yet on the Er...

Live2ride
April 23rd, 2011, 06:50 PM
Left my house at 5:30 this morning. Stopped by my office, then headed south. 225 miles and 4 1/2 hours later I was in Miami.

Longest ride yet on the Er...

Nice! I bet that was one hell of a fun time. :D

GeorgiaHooligan
April 23rd, 2011, 07:01 PM
Sweet, except for the front . Its ugly as hell.

Reddoak
April 23rd, 2011, 07:09 PM
Nice! I bet that was one hell of a fun time. :D

Well... I could lie about it...

Mostly it was long. Here's the deal: Last Sunday I had a work delivery in Biscayne Key, all the way on the south end of Miami. On the way out, my E150 van started shuddering violently and clunking. The bad kind of clunk... The tow truck kind of clunk...

Anyways, I got it towed to a repair shop (with me sitting in the van, on the flatbed, whee!), and rented a mini-van from the airport to get my gear and the guy I had with me back to Orlando. I called the repair shop the next morning to let them know what was going on, then mailed them the keys.

They called back, the front wheel bearings were toast, 170,000 miles on the van, so... I had them repair them. Problem is, I'm super busy at work, and couldn't find time to get down and get my van back.

So this morning, I dragged my ass out of bed at 5:00, drove to my office and picked up paperwork, the rode south to Miami. It was cool and foggy, and I pretty much froze until I broke out my rain gear and put it on over my jacket. The bike is pretty comfortable, all things considered, but by the time I got down there, I was ready to be off of it!

Three of the mechanics came out to give me hand loading the bike in the van. All three were riders (NICE!) and one even owned a Z1000 (very NICE!) so I had help from people that actually didn't want to bash up up my bike.

So, bike in truck, I drove back to Orlando. I went as early as I did, because my family had plans to visit my parents for Easter dinner (both work tomorrow) at 3pm. So... Early, and long, day for me. I haven't got back to my office to drop off the van yet, so it (with my bike in it) are spending the night in my driveway. I'll drop off the white whale tomorrow sometime... And get another nice Sunday ride in, heh heh!

Honestly, if I had had more time, I would have taken back roads (US441 mostly) the whole way, at a slower pace. I would have enjoyed that a bit more than bombing down the highway at 75-85 MPH, but hey! Any excuse ...er... reason to ride is good enough for me!

One nice thing though, I'll fill out an expense report, and be reimbursed the current mileage rate (I think it's around $0.50 per mile or so) for using my own vehicle... So it was a free ride!

Reddoak
April 23rd, 2011, 07:11 PM

Shaddup.

Yeah, they are a bit weird looking... I've only seen one other on the road since I've gotten mine. So they never really caught on. Ride one sometime, the front looks fine from behind the handlebars!

Live2ride
April 23rd, 2011, 07:31 PM

I love the look of the er6n, I'm just not a big fan of the dash. :rolleyes:

Xoulrath
April 23rd, 2011, 10:22 PM
the front looks fine from behind the handlebars!And that's the only thing that matters! :D

Reddoak
April 24th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I lied, it only took me 14 seconds to ride down there:

ukqSGqsVcmQ

c-dog
April 25th, 2011, 03:31 AM
-

ScorpionNinja
May 9th, 2011, 10:08 AM

Lol, but seriously I was up at the Ducati dealership by you today (my buddy works their) and he was offering me some stupid low prices on a Duc, but as soon as I sat on one I knew instantly that it wasn't the bike for me. I want something that I could hop on and run up to the Wednesday night meet, or go to Daytona for the weekend with the wife. A Duc just isn't that bike... at all!

I'm leaning towards a CBR lately.

a CBR600-1000RR Isnt good for 2-UP riding. Nor is ANY 600cc supersport.

Come to my state, and lets duel.

Me and my GF riding 800 miles, on my Ninja 650R,

vs you and your wifey, on a CBR600RR riding 800 miles. (of course with gas stops ONLY)

and well see how well your wife "Loves" being on the back of a SS 600cc bike for long distances!!! Her Butt wont be happy! :lol:

Reddoak
May 9th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I wouldn't want to be on my ER... for 800 miles in one stretch. 220 was enough.

But that Caps kid, he ain't right. He might try! And he isn't above kissing his wife's ass to make it better if she's sore. But they've been married less than a year, IIRC...

caps
May 9th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I wouldn't want to be on my ER... for 800 miles in one stretch. 220 was enough.

But that Caps kid, he ain't right. He might try! And he isn't above kissing his wife's ass to make it better if she's sore. But they've been married less than a year, IIRC...

you've ssen my wife. their was some serious ass kissing to nab her :D
but now shes mine, and i already told her if she leaves il just follow her :thumbup:

and Scorpion we have done 3 trips that were over 300 in a day on the little ninjette and been fine. but next i want an r6 or a cbr 600 with abs. its that simple, if i wanted a cruiser style bike i would just drive home and pick up the 06 goldwing that is at my disposal 24/7

Reddoak
May 26th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Got a Yoshimura TRC slip on on the way! Whoo hoo! Bike won't sound like an air compressor for long!

caps
May 27th, 2011, 07:21 AM
nice! i ned to get a wednesday evening off work so i can run up their and see it

Reddoak
May 30th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Should be here Wednesday or so... According to UPS, anyways. Hopefully I have time Wednesday afternoon to put it on. If I do, Mat, I'm likely as not headed to the Wed. night meet on it.

Reddoak
June 5th, 2011, 02:32 PM
And it arrived Wednesday...

And I installed it last night...

And it sounds good...

That is all!

Reddoak
June 6th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/fredsmithh/Motorcycle%20stuff/2011-06-06_14-39-26_189.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/fredsmithh/Motorcycle%20stuff/2011-06-06_14-39-40_317.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/fredsmithh/Motorcycle%20stuff/2011-06-06_14-40-20_468.jpg

TXJ
June 7th, 2011, 07:09 AM
I like the lines of the ER6N, the exhaust kind of upsets that since it doesn't sit underneath. But it makes it look like a mean machine sticking out like that. Sound clips when you get a chance! :thumbup:

Reddoak
June 7th, 2011, 03:03 PM
It's more tucked under than it looks, but not as much as the stock can. The tucked under exhaust was one of the the things I really liked about the Kawi 650s.

Sound clips, eventually. They never really do it justice. There is a really good write up of <$250 exhausts for 650s on Kawiforums that has about the best sound clips I've found. That's the one that swayed me towards the Yosh. That and about a zillion bikes over the last who knows how many years that have had them... Can't argue with a good rep.

Vampyre
June 7th, 2011, 07:13 PM
What is this Wed night meet you speak of?

Reddoak
June 7th, 2011, 07:45 PM
What is this Wed night meet you speak of?

Subaru meet, Sonic @ 436 and 408, 9pm. Caps is a Suby nutcase, not just a Ninja nutcase...:thumbup:

When I feel the need for speed I drive this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/fredsmithh/Car%20stuff/DSC_9025.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/fredsmithh/Car%20stuff/DSC_9024.jpg

Yasko
June 7th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Dang your bike and car are bad to the bone...:leghump:

nebraskan
June 9th, 2011, 06:03 PM
do you like the er6n for touring?

Reddoak
June 9th, 2011, 06:36 PM
do you like the er6n for touring?

The answer is... you can tour on anything if you try hard enough. No wait, that's a crap answer.

Yes, I do. However... the lack of wind protection makes it not the best choice out there.

I've ridden a Versys, and that would be a better choice. More wind protection, better visibility, and a more comfortable riding position. The only issue with the Versys would be the ride height, since I'm on my toes at lights. Fine for riding long distance, crap around town, where most of my riding takes place.

Ergonomics and power wise, the ER-6n is great. I've ridden 200+ miles on a trip as my longest ride so far, and made it with no undue hardship. I bet with a windscreen and a good set of bags, it would be very good choice as a touring bike. Possibly a riser for the handlebars, if that's more comfortable. And the stock exhaust, which was very quiet. Again, great bombing around town. On a longer trip? The very quiet stock might be better.

The Ninja 650r might be a better choice, since it already has a full fairing. But for the difference in price, you can find a new old stock ER-6n and set it up the way you want it.

wtf
June 9th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Nice Bike and car ;). I have a GR STi as well (WRB SE).

I really like the way the styling on the ER6n looks. They are definitely sexy.

Vampyre
June 9th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Man that car is bad-ass. Saw a bunch of sportbikes tonight when I drove by the Steak n Shake near 436 and Aloma. I live off of Aloma. You drive by my mom's house on the way to your work. I used to work down there in that same area.

nebraskan
June 10th, 2011, 08:50 AM
The Ninja 650r might be a better choice, since it already has a full fairing. But for the difference in price, you can find a new old stock ER-6n and set it up the way you want it.

the price difference is the reason im curious actually. and the er-6n is a good loookin bike!

Reddoak
June 10th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Nice Bike and car ;). I have a GR STi as well (WRB SE).

I really like the way the styling on the ER6n looks. They are definitely sexy.
Seems like more people own 250s and Subarus... Beauty and the beast?
Man that car is bad-ass. Saw a bunch of sportbikes tonight when I drove by the Steak n Shake near 436 and Aloma. I live off of Aloma. You drive by my mom's house on the way to your work. I used to work down there in that same area.

Tell your mom I'm sorry about the noise. I'll back off the accelerator going past her house.

the price difference is the reason im curious actually. and the er-6n is a good loookin bike!

I like the 650R, but it's just too expensive for what it is. And to be honest, I really like the naked bike look. I was real interested when the ER-6n was finally offered in the states. When they started selling leftover 09's at a nice discount... yeah... Winner!

The only weird part was the front turn signal plastic bulges. If I get the time and money I'd love to replace the headlight with a single round one... or two smaller side by side ones... still up in the air over it.

Like I said, if you can find an 09' at the discount, you'd have enough in the price difference between a 650r and that to make the ER what you want it to be.

Reddoak
June 24th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Pulled out the baffles in the airbox. It was a more pronounced difference than in the Ninjette. LOUD!!!!!

Snake
June 25th, 2011, 03:14 AM
Great looking bike. Go team blue.

Reddoak
July 24th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Giggity!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/fredsmithh/Motorcycle%20stuff/2011-07-24_16-04-23_30.jpg

caps
July 24th, 2011, 03:05 PM
That's pretty sweet

Reddoak
August 7th, 2011, 08:53 PM
That's pretty sweet
The best part is that most people don't even realize it's a vanity plate... What the hell's ER-6N mean?

In any case... finally installed the Power Commander (that's the equivalent of re-jetting, to you Ninjette folks) and it smoothed out the power considerably. It might make a little more at peak, but it definitely feels better for on-off throttle transitions and more powerful in the 4,000 to 7,500 RPM range. Nice!

Oh, and for those that mentioned the STI... Gone. Traded a few weeks ago for an Outback. Now I have a faster bike that uses more gas and a slower car that uses less... I'm averaging out.

Reddoak
December 8th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Went and looked at a 2010 Z1000 today... But didn't get it.

Price was good enough, but when I talked to them on the phone they said $3,600 to $4,000 as a trade for the ER. I have someone interested in the pipe and Power Commander, so it was worth talking it over with them.

Bike looked good. They looked over my bike and even the mechanic said it was in great shape. Then they offered me $3,600 on a trade. I held my ground, they wouldn't budge, I walked away. By wouldn't budge, I mean they wouldn't even make an offer to raise the trade or lower the sale price by $1. Nothing. Even throwing in a deal on accessories would have kept the negotiations going. I've never seen a dealer so stupid that they have no negotiation skills at all. **** you, Cycle Springs in Clearwater, FL. Thanks for a 200 mile drive for nothing.

They missed a $9,500 sale today over a $400 difference. I want a Z1000... but I don't need one. Feels good to stand your ground sometimes.

After clutching up a few little wheelies on the ER in my work parking lot, all was better anyways... Brrrrrrrap... whee!

r311music
December 20th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Went and looked at a 2010 Z1000 today... But didn't get it.

Price was good enough, but when I talked to them on the phone they said $3,600 to $4,000 as a trade for the ER. I have someone interested in the pipe and Power Commander, so it was worth talking it over with them.

Bike looked good. They looked over my bike and even the mechanic said it was in great shape. Then they offered me $3,600 on a trade. I held my ground, they wouldn't budge, I walked away. By wouldn't budge, I mean they wouldn't even make an offer to raise the trade or lower the sale price by $1. Nothing. Even throwing in a deal on accessories would have kept the negotiations going. I've never seen a dealer so stupid that they have no negotiation skills at all. **** you, Cycle Springs in Clearwater, FL. Thanks for a 200 mile drive for nothing.

They missed a $9,500 sale today over a $400 difference. I want a Z1000... but I don't need one. Feels good to stand your ground sometimes.

After clutching up a few little wheelies on the ER in my work parking lot, all was better anyways... Brrrrrrrap... whee!

Yea I had the same issue when I was looking into trading in my 650r for a zx6r. They would not budge on $3700 or do anything with the price of the bike. But like you, I realized on my ride home that the 650 is still an awesome bike and I'm probably not ready for the next step anyways.

94fiveohvert
December 20th, 2011, 06:52 PM

I dunno about you but I saw a pretty sweet impreza wrx in the neighbors driveway.

matha028
December 20th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Bill if you do find a good deal, I know a guy with a 650, that would be interested in negotiating on a price for ur slip on and power commander. And buy negotiating I mean talking about price over a drink at McDonalds! Maybe a McDonalds with a big *** TV a foot away from my stool. If you know what I mean.

matha028
December 20th, 2011, 07:29 PM
My boring ride to work... Compare it to Kkims epic video... This is how the other half lives!

UI7WmD7cxHU

So what I gather from you videos tonight Bill is this. Traffic in Orlando sucks! if it takes you 12 minutes to get to work, and only 14 seconds to get to Miami. That means, we need to fix our traffic situation!
But Scott from lakeland recommended "2uptouring.com" that has ride plans for some windy backroads rides. So if you guys in Orlando area wanna check out the site and we can plan a ride on one of the maps and wear in some of the outsides of our tires. Hit me up on meetup.com search for central florida ninjas

Reddoak
December 20th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Bill if you do find a good deal, I know a guy with a 650, that would be interested in negotiating on a price for ur slip on and power commander. And buy negotiating I mean talking about price over a drink at McDonalds! Maybe a McDonalds with a big *** TV a foot away from my stool. If you know what I mean.

You would have to thumb wrestle for it with a guy that owns a Versys... He wanted me to buy the Z1000 for 3 main reasons:
1. He was going to buy the stuff you want and put it on his bike. He hears the exhaust more often than you do... and likes it, too.
2. I was going to shut up about it. Finally.
3. Test ride.

matha028
December 20th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Yeah I wanna test ride it. LoL oh the mythical versys. LoL I'm sure there are some parts he couldn't use. Like...something. LoL

Reddoak
February 10th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Still looking at Z1000s... And Ninja 1000s...

See, I like parts of both. For example:

Looks: The Z kills it. Great looking bike. Ninja... too much plastic bodywork.

Gauges: Ninja all the way. Yellow? WTF? Really Kawi? Oh, but it's got an adjustable angle on the Z. Whoo-hoo! Can I adjust the yellow out of it?

Seating position: It's a wash.

Windshield: Ninja 1000 again. Small, adjustable, win!

Mirrors: The Z. I like being able to move my mirrors with the handlebars.

Headlight: Z again. I like being able to move the headlight, too.

Exhaust: They both lose. I'm not sure if Kawi could have made it worse, ugly cans showing at the back, and a hideous 1982 Buick muffler underneath. Blech.

Price: The Ninja would be about 10,700 out the door at KMS. The Z (if they had one) would be about $500 less. Less is always better... But I don't want to pay that much in any case. Which is why no bike yet.

Also, the FZ8 looks tempting. More power than the Er, terrific naked bike look (even more so than the Z1000) and a bit less expensive. But... a wider seat makes the ground seems farther (sat on one today, then walked over to a Z1000 for comparison) and the pegs are right where my legs want to be. The Z1000 is more comfortable, at least at a standstill. Plus, it's a Yamaha. Nothing against Yamahas, but I like Kawis...

r311music
February 10th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I think Orlando Yamaha/Kawi has a z1000. I agree, the z1000 hands down looks way better than the Ninja 1000 out of the two. So much cleaner looking. I almost bought it, but in the end I really wanted a zx6r, so I went that route instead.

Reddoak
February 11th, 2012, 08:10 AM
They do, they also had an fz8, so I went and compared the two. I like the price on the Yamaha, but like the Z better overall.

For reference, Orlando YK has the following fees:
Freight $599
Assembly $399
Paperwork/dealer fee $199

Kissimmee motor sports:
Assembly/delivery $599
Dealer fee $199
Posted via Mobile Device

caps
April 16th, 2013, 08:00 AM
You haven't traded this thing in yet?

Reddoak
April 19th, 2013, 07:25 PM
You haven't traded this thing in yet?

Still thinking about it... That $53 a month payment isn't exactly draining me...