View Full Version : Chuckwalla Racers....check this out!

Nemesis
March 24th, 2011, 02:12 PM
CVMA sponsorship by SCM (http://www.socalmoto.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12556)

http://www.socalmoto.org/forum/images/smilies/woot.gif

If that doesn't get you excited about racing, I don't know what will.

Rexbo
March 24th, 2011, 06:44 PM

http://www.socalmoto.org/forum/images/smilies/woot.gif

If that doesn't get you excited about racing, I don't know what will.

I'm in, #250 :)

you happy now?

Nemesis
March 24th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I'm in, #250 :)

you happy now?

:lol:

Looking forward to some epic battle this time around. :thumbup:

KJohnson21
March 24th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Crissy and I will be there to cheer you guys on. It was great to meet y'all last time, and we plan on being at all of them.

:D

Peanut_EOD
March 25th, 2011, 07:11 AM
I'm in CVMA 137, are there going to be more 250's racing?

Nemesis
March 25th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Crissy and I will be there to cheer you guys on. It was great to meet y'all last time, and we plan on being at all of them.

:D

That's awesome! Thanks for the support!:thumbup:

Nemesis
March 25th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I'm in CVMA 137, are there going to be more 250's racing?

April's grid looks small but you just never know who's going to show up.

I hear there's going to be a lot of 125/250GP racers in April. I'm gonna try my best to follow them but doubt it. I'm anxious to see just how fast those guys can go and what lines they take.

Peanut_EOD
March 25th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I'm thinking about doing some more races next month. You in Nemesis? Lets race in some other classes.

Nemesis
March 25th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Man, I would do the shootout if they'd let us. :(

What other classes can we race in?

Peanut_EOD
March 25th, 2011, 09:58 PM
We can do the lightweight shootout. If you log in to the CVMA site and input your bike info it tells you which classes we're allowed to race in. It looks like they did give you and Steven points for Sundays race.

Rexbo
March 27th, 2011, 10:37 AM
We can do the lightweight shootout. If you log in to the CVMA site and input your bike info it tells you which classes we're allowed to race in. It looks like they did give you and Steven points for Sundays race.

I didnt get lightweight shootout points, but I did get amateur twins points. Theres always the formula 500 class we can race in too cuz theres only two other people in it, but the 250 gp/F450 bikes will dominate that one. If you just wanna race for fun and not really points, then it really doesnt matter what other classes you're running in, just choose the one with the least number of people on the starting grid that doesnt run with the 250 supersports.

Peanut_EOD
March 27th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Don't the Formula 500's race at the same time we do?

Nemesis
March 28th, 2011, 10:44 AM
It looks like they did give you and Steven points for Sundays race.

Really? :eek:

So, does this mean I have the lap record? :p

Rexbo
March 28th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Really? :eek:

So, does this mean I have the lap record? :p

For now :P

Nemesis
March 28th, 2011, 10:56 AM
For now :P

Ain't that the truth. :lol:

I'm thinking about changing the fork oils and upgrading the rearshock but I'm kinda wondering how I was able to pull those times considering my bike's all stock. http://www.socalmoto.org/forum/images/smilies/dunno.gif

In any case, we should be able to drop into the 2:10s.

:cheers:

Nemesis
March 28th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Since everyone's posting pics...here's mine :p :

http://www.cvmaracing.com/Competition_Bulletins.html

http://www.cvmaracing.com/images/cvmaraces7.jpg

Peanut_EOD
March 28th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Nice pic. I forgot to ask you at the track, who did your paint?

Rexbo
March 30th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Man, I would do the shootout if they'd let us. :(

What other classes can we race in?

I'm thinking Formula GP or Formula Twins would work! In April FormulaGP will be run RIGHT after the 250 supersport race, so you get to keep your nice hot tires :) It's going to be FormulaGP/Modern Vintage Heavy(RC51??!?!)/Vintage Heavy.

Description from rules: Formula GP – 125cc and 250cc two-stroke GP bikes, two-stroke street machines, 250cc four-stroke GP machines, 450cc dirt-based
four-stroke Singles (i.e., 450 SuperSingles). Formula rules.

Definitely outclassed... but oh well.

Formula Twins will run directly after that, and that will be lots of SVs, supermotos, formula singles and the like.

Nemesis
March 30th, 2011, 07:07 PM
^^^
Hmm...depending if this old body of mine will cooperate I may be down for it. :D

Nemesis
March 30th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Nice pic. I forgot to ask you at the track, who did your paint?

Chad from McProDesigns. He's located in San Diego.

Great guy, great painter. :thumbup:

Damn, my BP really sucks. I really despise my BP but I can't change it. Suxors. I think it's the bike because it looks nuthin like that on my 600. Let me find the pic.

Here it is: Okay...maybe it does. :lol:

Rexbo
March 31st, 2011, 06:35 PM
the bike's handlebars really try to keep you upright... i'm struggling with body position as well!

Peanut_EOD
April 1st, 2011, 09:58 AM
I signed up for 250 Supersport both days and Formula 500 on Saturday. Who's with me?

Nemesis
April 1st, 2011, 11:26 AM
I signed up for 250 Supersport both days and Formula 500 on Saturday. Who's with me?

Do you still have your stock rear cowl? If so, sport a passenger rear seat, and I'll ride with/behind you. Literally. :p

Peanut_EOD
April 1st, 2011, 02:20 PM
Ok, but only if we can get Steven to ride on the handlebars India style!

Rexbo
April 1st, 2011, 04:12 PM
We can do this:

tNm8dQVN_Zw

5 person knee drag

Nemesis
April 1st, 2011, 04:18 PM
:lol:

In for threesome!!! :D

dino74
April 1st, 2011, 04:24 PM
Ok, but only if we can get Steven to ride on the handlebars India style!
I think they got you beat :p
http://payvand.com/news/07/dec/Family-on-motorcycle-Herat.jpg

Peanut_EOD
April 1st, 2011, 06:13 PM
Oh My ****ing God! That was like a track day blooper reel. I should not have watched that the night before a track day at a new track. Gary McCoy has nothing on those guys as far as sliding through a corner.

Rexbo
April 1st, 2011, 07:03 PM
Oh My ****ing God! That was like a track day blooper reel. I should not have watched that the night before a track day at a new track. Gary McCoy has nothing on those guys as far as sliding through a corner.

hahaha i know right??!? seriously went on CL and started looking at supermotos right after watching it

Peanut_EOD
April 1st, 2011, 07:40 PM
I think they got you beat :p
http://payvand.com/news/07/dec/Family-on-motorcycle-Herat.jpg

They have more people on one bike than we had in our race!:wtfsign:

Peanut_EOD
April 3rd, 2011, 05:04 PM
Hey Steve it looks like its just you and I for the next race. No one has signed up yet.

Rexbo
April 3rd, 2011, 09:15 PM
Hey Steve it looks like its just you and I for the next race. No one has signed up yet.

hopefully more sign up! I'm waitlisted for friday practice right now... not sure if I should just show up and hope for the best or what

Nemesis
April 3rd, 2011, 09:38 PM
I usually signed up at the last minute. I'll sign up next week.

Peanut_EOD
April 4th, 2011, 07:06 AM
We need to get the field bigger. How can we get more 250's to race?

Rexbo
April 4th, 2011, 06:16 PM
We need to get the field bigger. How can we get more 250's to race?

get rid of WSMC? haha jk i wouldn't want that

Peanut_EOD
April 4th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Pass out CVMA fliers at WSMC events. Maybe a shuttle out to Desert Center.

Rexbo
April 5th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Pass out CVMA fliers at WSMC events. Maybe a shuttle out to Desert Center.

haha also you're all totally gonna have the 1up on me this comin race because I'm not gonna be able to make friday practice... and I've never been on chuckwalla CCW! Should be fun :)

Peanut_EOD
April 6th, 2011, 06:41 AM
I'm in the same boat.

cynicalkit
April 8th, 2011, 04:05 PM
how many people are on the grid for cvma 250 right now?

Peanut_EOD
April 8th, 2011, 04:36 PM
As of this moment, 2. Assuming all 6 racers from last month return, 6. Like I've said before, we need more. I can't believe our class is so small. They are slow, but they are so much fun!

Rexbo
April 8th, 2011, 04:41 PM
its 4 right now... andrew on the orange ninja is coming again for sure, then nemesis said he's coming too, and hopefully that guy and his gf (I suck with names) come too. I'm also gonna be camping out at the track this time so I dont get my **** stolen again also hopefully snagging a spot near the SE corner of the lot where John and his crew were last time!

Peanut_EOD
April 8th, 2011, 05:06 PM
That guy and his girlfriend were Andrew and Niccole. I figured the whole field we had last month would return, but I just checked registration and you and I are the only ones signed up as of now. I'm sure the rest are just waiting until the last moment.

Peanut_EOD
April 8th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Isn't WSMC running the same weekend as CVMA this month? If thats the case Andrew and Niccole may not show up. They seemed pretty loyal to WSMC.

Nemesis
April 11th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Andrew and Nicole will not be at CVMA this weekend. It's not so much that they're loyal to WSMC but rather they have set a personal goal (laptime wise) they want to accomplish @ Big Willow.

With the turnout being so small for both race orgs, sooner or later one will eventually migrate to the other. Hopefully that being WSMC racers moving over to CVMA since Big Willow is not really suited for the Ninja 250r but still fun to ride nonetheless.

CVMA has to be the perfect track for the 250s. CVMA = Buttonwillow + Streets of Willow minus the bumps/potholes. Freakin' awesome track!

BTW guys, the drawing will be held tonight. So any of you CVMA racers who haven't signed up for the raffle...GO DO IT!!!

Peanut_EOD
April 11th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Andrew and Nicole will not be at CVMA this weekend.

They will be missed.:angry7:

Rexbo
April 11th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Andrew and Nicole will not be at CVMA this weekend. It's not so much that they're loyal to WSMC but rather they have set a personal goal (laptime wise) they want to accomplish @ Big Willow.

With the turnout being so small for both race orgs, sooner or later one will eventually migrate to the other. Hopefully that being WSMC racers moving over to CVMA since Big Willow is not really suited for the Ninja 250r but still fun to ride nonetheless.

CVMA has to be the perfect track for the 250s. CVMA = Buttonwillow + Streets of Willow minus the bumps/potholes. Freakin' awesome track!

BTW guys, the drawing will be held tonight. So any of you CVMA racers who haven't signed up for the raffle...GO DO IT!!!

Speakin of that... where do we get the stickers at? Hard to sport them if you can't obtain them!

Peanut_EOD
April 11th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Speakin of that... where do we get the stickers at? Hard to sport them if you can't obtain them!

:whathesaid:

Nemesis
April 11th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I'll have at the track. Hopefully
Posted via Mobile Device

Peanut_EOD
April 11th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Sweet!

Rexbo
April 12th, 2011, 12:16 PM
So looking at the schedule... if anyone wanted to run a 2nd race each day, we could on saturday do either formula GP race #5 (directly after 250 race #4) or formula 500 race #7. Then on sunday 250 race is #3 and the lightweight shootout is #5.

I'd vote Formula 500 race #7 on sat & Lightweight shootout race #5 on sunday if anyone wants to battle for a while!

Nemesis
April 12th, 2011, 12:24 PM
My body can't do back to back races. Shoot, even for trackdays I can only manage 3-4 laps per session. This body is old. :lol:

If I do decide to do a 2nd race it will have to be for formula 500 race #7.

I was looking at caliphotography's photos for Jan. and Feb. of 2011 and there were a few ninja250 riders doing trackdays. Pretty good lean angle too riding in B group.

We need to get the word out. Also there's a few guys racing in WSMC that I may be more than willing to jump ship but sadly I don't have their phone numbers or other means of contact.

Richard will be at WSMC this weekend. Hopefully he'll do a couple rounds with us and show us how to really corner/ride @ Chuckwalla. :lol:

cynicalkit
April 12th, 2011, 08:25 PM
maybe ill join you guys next year...

Rexbo
April 12th, 2011, 08:34 PM
maybe ill join you guys this weekend...

much better!

cynicalkit
April 12th, 2011, 08:40 PM
lol... well i was going to go to willow friday but ive been taking too many days off work already... but im doing the m1gp race saturday... otherwise i would totally be out there with you guys

Peanut_EOD
April 12th, 2011, 10:31 PM
So looking at the schedule... if anyone wanted to run a 2nd race each day, we could on saturday do either formula GP race #5 (directly after 250 race #4) or formula 500 race #7. Then on sunday 250 race is #3 and the lightweight shootout is #5.

I'd vote Formula 500 race #7 on sat & Lightweight shootout race #5 on sunday if anyone wants to battle for a while!

I'm already signed up for the Formula 500 race.

Rexbo
April 18th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Great weekend guys... cept it was FREAKIN hot. Next month will be brutal!

Peanut, sorry about the bike (and the sore ass), how did SBK paint take it? Hope no tears haha! Cheeks and John apparently had a pretty good race going as well. Lets hope next time registration isn't all jacked up again. My camera was being dumb, so I couldnt get it working, so no videos from this last time, dangit. Oh well, I'll post some pics up in a bit!

Nemesis
April 19th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Great race guys!

Everyone did so well this month. Really proud of you guys. Sorry I couldn't give you a race Steve. I believe I'm at the limit of my stock settings and will have to upgrade my fork springs/oil, rearshock, gearing. I kept getting crazy chatter/skips every time I apexed or slightly past apex and it drifted me out to the outside rumble strip. Bike also couldn't hold it's line in the turns that I wasn't getting chatter. Hopefully I can get the parts in time for next month's race.

But even with the upgrades I don't know if I can give you a race cuz you are one FAST mofo! :lol:

Did you know one of the AMA guys posted a 2:11.xxx laptime out @ Chucky? I don't know which config but I just found out this morning. Pretty cool we're right there with them. Um, excuse me...I mean you're right there with them. LOL!

Oh, and sorry about your crash Peanut. Glad you weren't seriously hurt except for your butt. :lol: Hope you get her fixed in time for May's race.

Kawi_LA
April 22nd, 2011, 08:16 PM
hey guys, sorry niccole and i missed this last chuckwalla weekend. we are hoping to make it out for the may race weekend though. it sounds like all of you got freaking fast :eek:. i'm going to a star school up there in a couple weeks so hopefully i can get things sorted out to be up there battling with you guys. :thumbup:

cynicalkit
April 25th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Great weekend guys... cept it was FREAKIN hot. Next month will be brutal!

Peanut, sorry about the bike (and the sore ass), how did SBK paint take it? Hope no tears haha! Cheeks and John apparently had a pretty good race going as well. Lets hope next time registration isn't all jacked up again. My camera was being dumb, so I couldnt get it working, so no videos from this last time, dangit. Oh well, I'll post some pics up in a bit!

sbk paint? did tovar paint peanuts bike?