View Full Version : 250 Superbike Crash Video - Buttonwillow

Alex
March 24th, 2011, 08:06 PM
From AFM round 1 last weekend:

iaVUR2Cxlog

Thread about it on BARF right up here (http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362674).

Live2ride
March 24th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Ouch, and on turn 1, what a bummer.

choneofakind
March 24th, 2011, 08:26 PM
and geez what did the dude with the camera do to his bike that the rest of them missed?! he's blowing by the other riders off the line

Alex
March 24th, 2011, 08:29 PM
he's on a 450 single. That class was a pretty wide range of bikes. The 450's have much more hp, but the well setup 250's with fast riders on them seem to do just fine.

tiggen
March 25th, 2011, 12:05 PM
He lost the rear. I was totally expecting to see a front end tuck.

ps, hope he's ok.

CZroe
March 25th, 2011, 12:26 PM
He lost the rear. I was totally expecting to see a front end tuck.

ps, hope he's ok.

If it were that simple then I don't think that it would have flung around to the front. I think his front touched the bike in front of him and so he got tossed in a spin.

Alex
March 25th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Lost the rear as the tires weren't yet warm enough. He got caught out by the schedule and didn't have time to get them on warmers before heading out to the grid.

Rexbo
March 25th, 2011, 06:55 PM
ouch! Ominous skies too! Kinda glad I didnt head out there for that one...

ztrack157
April 4th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Rider down is Max Capps. Broke some lumbar spine. Went straight to grid from the pits. If he didn't lose it in one he would have in two. Should have laid back for a bit. The Guy taking the Video won the race. I brought Max's bike back to the pits for him and he seemed ok but was not all there. The foot peg from Mark McKinney's bike went through Max's leathers and cause a nasty looking bulge (like a head coming out of his stomach). Mark Went over the handle bars and landed on his head. Walked away with only muscle damage.

Nemesis
April 4th, 2011, 03:41 PM
^^^
Ouch!

Will check out vid when I get home.