View Full Version : hit and run

alex.s
April 2nd, 2011, 02:28 AM
this whole situation was all kinds of stupid. not only is lane splitting overly dangerous all around, but don't follow people that hit and run... they might hit you next.

UVeLzVSrlF4

p.s. the fuzz took a copy of the video and used it to bust the guy

CZroe
April 2nd, 2011, 03:12 AM
Who recorded it? A friend of yours? I see that you uploaded it, they ride a 250, and it was in San Diego too but, based on your critique, I have to assume it wasn't you.

alex.s
April 2nd, 2011, 12:25 PM
No it was me. Im just overly critical :)

Mako
April 2nd, 2011, 01:02 PM
Yay people who get busted with video evidence! Reminds me of this one.

nHKD_GqxU9o

Cazper
April 2nd, 2011, 01:57 PM
Alex... you're such a good samaritan... however, you need a better camera and a cleaner windscreen...lol :thumbup:

alex.s
April 2nd, 2011, 02:20 PM
yeah the camera takes a bit better quality but it was taking too long to upload to youtube so i butchered the resolution... but yeah sweet bugs on the wind-screen :D

CZroe
April 2nd, 2011, 07:45 PM
WTG, Alex. :thumbup:

Cuongism
April 2nd, 2011, 11:29 PM

nHKD_GqxU9o

What was the surprise? I thought he was gonna run back and see that the license plate fell off.

Random question, but if I painted my windscreen, where else can I mount my gopro? It's a bit tedious to put it on/off my helmet.

Mako
April 2nd, 2011, 11:48 PM
What was the surprise? I thought he was gonna run back and see that the license plate fell off.

Random question, but if I painted my windscreen, where else can I mount my gopro? It's a bit tedious to put it on/off my helmet.

"the front plate was attached to the bumper and police arrested the person in front of his house. Let's just say this he is a Mexican national. There was insurance paper in the car, but when I called his insurance to file claim for my injury/damage they said the insurance was invalid due to nonpayment. I love how people can just go online and print up "insurance" and don't pay, yet still have "proof" of insurance. Court date is in a few days, I doubt he will even show up." - Rider in the vid.

alex.s
April 3rd, 2011, 12:04 AM

they make tint spray so you can tint it yourself without going full black, though i'm not sure what the clarity is like... otherwise, i've been toying with the idea of hiding a camera inside the headlamp housing with controls on the handlebars, but can't find a decent camera with external controls that isn't ridiculously expensive. not sure how safe it would be (likely rocks and dirt all over it) but you could stick it between your forks on your front fender maybe?
you only technically need one mirror, so you could use your right-side mirror as a camera mount.... on the left handlebar there's also a threaded hole you could mount a camera to... though for that the left mirror would probably be in the way. also i've seen some ind. bikes with those front license plate mounts... not saying it would be pretty, but it's an option ;)

Cazper
April 3rd, 2011, 09:21 AM
I've also seen people put that same mount you had on your helmet and they put it on the front fender... unobstructed view :thumbup:
Posted via Mobile Device

Cuongism
April 3rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
Front fender is an interesting option, but camera won't be able to be controlled while on the bike (I also feel I'm gonna forget I have it there). Im probably gonna get a clear windshield or figure out how to strip the paint.

CZroe
April 3rd, 2011, 10:05 AM

nHKD_GqxU9o

Well, the video evidence isn't what busted him, but :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

It's weird that an impact great enough to do that to the bumper wasn't enough to even knock the rider off his feet. :D

alex.s
April 3rd, 2011, 01:26 PM
Front fender is an interesting option, but camera won't be able to be controlled while on the bike (I also feel I'm gonna forget I have it there). Im probably gonna get a clear windshield or figure out how to strip the paint.

careful stripping the paint of that plastic. i melted the surface off my last windscreen in a similar way ;) nice and frosted now... can't see anything through it

Mako
April 5th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Well, the video evidence isn't what busted him, but :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

It's weird that an impact great enough to do that to the bumper wasn't enough to even knock the rider off his feet. :D

Ah, true true.

And yeah, would have thought he would have sustained at least somewhat of a fall.

aldenso
May 3rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
This thread is my last straw. I'm buying a gopro very soon because of this.