View Full Version : New Bike for me DL 650

littledog
April 2nd, 2011, 05:50 PM
Here it is

Yasko
April 2nd, 2011, 07:57 PM
Very nice... How long did you have your Ninja(miles)??? Can you give a ride report when you get some time in the seat???

littledog
April 2nd, 2011, 08:31 PM
Very nice... How long did you have your Ninja(miles)??? Can you give a ride report when you get some time in the seat???

I bought the ninja new as my first motorcycle the day after thanksgiving in 2009. I put 32.5k miles on it.

I rode the strom 110 miles today. It is much taller than the ninja, fits my 6'0" 190# much better than the ninja. My knees, butt, and wrists like this bike. The motor has an awesome sound to it. Quiet, but strong and deep sounding. 1/8 turn of the right grip does everything you need to merge onto the highway. It feels more stable at highway speed than the ninja.

There is a lot of wind noise at highway speed. I stopped and moved the windshield to the "up" position. (the stock strom windshield has two positions) better but then I found there is a very nice quiet zone I can put my head in by leaning forward. Some simple mod, I hope, will extend this quiet zone back some. If so much quieter wind wise than the ninja. If not, about the same.

I ride alot. Sometimes in the rain, so ABS is a big plus. All 2011 stroms have ABS.

110 miles was 1 bar out of 5 on the gas gauge. I am one to carefully measure mileage. I will post my results.

Xoulrath
April 5th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Great bike man! I love the utilitarianism of bikes like those.