View Full Version : Help diagnose: Bike does not start

krunkfoo
April 4th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I am in the process of removing the street parts from the bike . It looks like there is no power going through to ignition.All I can think of is making sure that the wire above the battery( 2 of them one black one white) are connected. I removed the sidestand, but the switch with the wires in it is pushed up( I think its the on position). What am I missing here? I am almost sure that its some other plug that I removed and forgot to plug back in.

Any help will be appreciated.

kkim
April 4th, 2011, 08:44 PM
http://www.mickeywebpages.com/users/jon/ninja/Ninja_250R_Wire_Dia_v1.1.gif

Postiez
April 4th, 2011, 11:34 PM
This may sound stupid but the wires under the seat are quite picky about how they lay down. I had power issues for a couple months about a year ago that I just couldn't figure out and finally I cleaned up the wires with some tape and I haven't had any issue whatsoever since doing so.

I would start it with the seat off and adjust those wires to see if having them sit in a different position helps it out.

krunkfoo
April 5th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. I checked the wires under the seat , and they seemed fine. The problem is that I took off everything and let the bike sit until yesterday, so I am not sure if I pugged all the wires back. I checked the battery, and its seems to have a full charge. When I turn the key to ignition, even the lights dont come on. ( I tested it by connecting the speedometer console back. )

As far as the bike stand goes, there was switch like thing that moves up when you kick up the stand . This is the on position right? Can anyone confirm?

kkim
April 5th, 2011, 08:33 PM
which lights? headlights don't come on until the bike is started.

krunkfoo
April 5th, 2011, 09:40 PM
console.... neutral indicator light.