View Full Version : ZX-6R Officially Mine...Thanks for the memories Ninjette!

Xoulrath
April 5th, 2011, 08:29 PM
It is official. I am the very proud owner of an '08 ZX-6R. I will post pictures of both bikes, hopefully tomorrow.

I want to thank Ninjette.org for being such a great forum and thank the forum members for being such great people. I'm not actually going anywhere, I'll still be lurking here like always and posting when I have the time to do so.

I also want to thank my ex-Ninjette for being such a great teacher. I know I started my riding career off properly and I would not have wanted it any other way. I learned so much on that little bike, and I know she still had some tricks to show me. Thanks Ninjette.

jmgrande
April 5th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

P.S. Congrats on the new bike!

gogoKawi
April 7th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Congrats. You have a mighty fine make, model, and year bike. I should know! :D

Come over to the ZX6r.com site. It's just as friendly as ninjette. And you will learn a lot about your bike.

If you haven't done so already, check to see if your valve cover seal has been replaced. It's was a recall for the 07/08 model. After that, you should be good to go.

Enjoy and ride safe.

Yasko
April 7th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Congrats...

:beatdeadhorse: Any photos???

jmgrande
April 7th, 2011, 09:31 PM
He's probably too busy either riding at it or staring at it... :D
:worthlesswithoutpic:

or too busy on a 6R forum :(

sharky nrk
April 8th, 2011, 03:46 AM
congras on the purchase

Xoulrath
April 8th, 2011, 08:16 AM
If you haven't done so already, check to see if your valve cover seal has been replaced. It's was a recall for the 07/08 model. After that, you should be good to go.

Enjoy and ride safe.Thanks for the heads-up on that.

He's probably too busy either riding at it or staring at it... :D
:worthlesswithoutpic

or too busy on a 6R forumNo way, I love this forum! I will hit up the forum Andre mentioned, but I'll definitely still be here. Too many great people!

And yes, I have been riding it. I have already filled it up twice in two days. But the real reason the pictures haven't made it yet is because the one free memory card I have available has been formatted to my wife's camera and not her video recorder. The recorder takes better pictures. We have been having some weird warranty related issues with her PC, so she is hesitant to let me save the files and reformat to the recorder. She doesn't even want to use mine she is so scared of losing the pictures (trips with sister and cousin).

I promise the pictures should be up by Sunday, in addition to the few pictures I was able to take of the 250 when it wasn't blasting down the road. It didn't like to stand still for pictures either! :thumbup:

Xoulrath
April 9th, 2011, 08:25 AM
OK, I should get some pictures of the bike this weekend. I need to go buy a new memory card, and the pictures may not be up until tomorrow. But they are on the way!

jmgrande
April 9th, 2011, 02:22 PM
At least tell us what color is it!

Snake
April 9th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Congratulations on the new bike.

Xoulrath
April 9th, 2011, 05:34 PM
At least tell us what color is it!

BLUE of course, same as the 250 was! :D

Xoulrath
April 10th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Here they are: a few of my ZX, one of the wife's TU, and our lovely driveway which will be paved within a couple of weeks!

EDIT: Added a picture of the 250 after a bath, and a picture of our kid giving her KLX110 a wash.

jmgrande
April 10th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Friggan sweet man! Congrats again and good luck with it!

Xoulrath
April 10th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks, Jon!

Also, in case you missed it, I added a pic of the 250 and one of my daughter's dirt bike for good measure.

Xoulrath
July 18th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I decided to just post this pic here, rather than start a new thread. I was out taking pictures of my bike for the chicken strips thread and it occurred to me that I never posted a picture of our new driveway I mentioned in a thread a few months back. So here it is.

It's nice to not have to deal with gravel anymore. We've had it since about the end of May. I will never again live in house without a paved drive. Yes! :happy100:

ducducgooseit
July 18th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Another one leaves the fold. :(