View Full Version : L.A. ticket to ride

Havok
April 21st, 2011, 06:19 PM
Who is going? Who wants to meet up and ride together? Post up and if we have a decent group we can set up meeting spots along the way like we did for the SD tech day.

phr3ek
April 21st, 2011, 06:31 PM
im going

coming from san bernardino

Cazper
April 21st, 2011, 10:09 PM
I'm going and you know where I'm coming from :thumbup:

Only thing is that you really want to get there really early. If it's anything like the SD ticket was you can sign up for bikes at 0700 and the first ride goes at 0800. I got there at 0900 because I didn't know any better and the soonest I could get on the ZX-6R was 1200 and the soonest I was able to reserve the ZX-10R was 1445. I'm just sayin' I know I still want to ride the ZX-14 and I plan to ride the ZX-10R again (WOW what a bike!!!!) so I want to get there early. :thumbup:

HypnoKhaos
April 21st, 2011, 10:36 PM
I am going too.
San Bernardino is on my way there from Yucaipa. I actually work in S.B.

phr3ek
April 21st, 2011, 11:17 PM
I'm going and you know where I'm coming from :thumbup:

Only thing is that you really want to get there really early. If it's anything like the SD ticket was you can sign up for bikes at 0700 and the first ride goes at 0800. I got there at 0900 because I didn't know any better and the soonest I could get on the ZX-6R was 1200 and the soonest I was able to reserve the ZX-10R was 1445. I'm just sayin' I know I still want to ride the ZX-14 and I plan to ride the ZX-10R again (WOW what a bike!!!!) so I want to get there early. :thumbup:

what bikes have you ridden?!
i wouldnt want to mess with the zx10r since im still learning my 636

I am going too.
San Bernardino is on my way there from Yucaipa. I actually work in S.B.

finally, someone in my area
if you wanna ride together out there just pm me a meeting place and time :thumbup:

Cazper
April 22nd, 2011, 06:26 AM
At the SD ticket I rode;
1700 Nomads
Vulcan 900 Custom
ZX-6R
Ninja 1000
ZX-10R (twice :thumbup:)

The reason I rode the cruisers is because almost noone signed up for them so if there is an open bike anyone thats signed the waiver can take it out. Don't be afraid of the 10... its all about throttle control ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

phr3ek
April 22nd, 2011, 10:12 AM
^^^i meant other than at the event but that works ;)

if i can touch the floor on the z1000, ima try that
but i mainly wanna try the zx6r
dont even care about the zx10r

Cuongism
April 22nd, 2011, 10:27 AM
Hey Dustin, I saw a '06 zx10r for $6499 at Tork Motorsports. That seemed like a good deal, but I haven't really been researching the zx10r. From 27 hp to 173hp...

Kevin2109
April 22nd, 2011, 05:16 PM
I'm going now! :D Who wants to meet up for the ride to L.A.?

KJohnson21
April 22nd, 2011, 05:53 PM
I plan on being there.

We all know that it's next week, right!?

:)

phr3ek
April 22nd, 2011, 09:45 PM
we're going this weekend so we get first dibs :D
sleep over :grouphug:

hehe, imagine that

should i wear my leather suit or will i seem like a dumbass poser?

Cazper
April 22nd, 2011, 10:30 PM
Hey Dustin, I saw a '06 zx10r for $6499 at Tork Motorsports. That seemed like a good deal, but I haven't really been researching the zx10r. From 27 hp to 173hp...
I have a co-worker of mine selling his 06' that only has about 3K miles on it for $6K... I almost went for it but I really do want the 09' model... I'm stuborn that way. Also, you don't have to fool us Cuong you have a CBR 600... you wouldn't be jumping that far ;)

I'm going now! Who wants to meet up for the ride to L.A.?
Not sure that you would be on the way... but I'll be heading up from down here... maybe we could meet up somewhere :confused:

I plan on being there.

We all know that it's next week, right!?
Yes... we know it's next weekend... we just like to try to plan ahead :thumbup:

should i wear my leather suit or will i seem like a dumbass poser?
I personally don't think it's necessary... but if thats what you like to wear to ride than go for it. I don't own a race suit so thats not an option for me.

Cuongism
April 22nd, 2011, 10:37 PM
Lol, I have no interest in getting a liter bike. My next bike would be a 675 if I can just find one, but for some reason the new gsxr is growing on me. This is why I try to avoid test riding bikes...it starts that itch to buy :D

Cazper
April 23rd, 2011, 10:57 AM
What year are you looking for? I did a quick search on cycletrader and found 11 near me... I think this one would be sweet:
http://images.traderonline.com//img/5/dealer/5793492/98304090_1thumb_550x410.jpg
$7995, 2009 TRIUMPH DAYTONA 675, Pristine immaculate condition. Only 1114 miles. Not a flaw on it. Very expensive upgrades, Two Brothers carbon fiber exhaust, fender eliminator kit, double bubble windscreen

Retail is only $6930 so I wouldn't pay them any more than that... or there is this one:
http://images.traderonline.com//img/5/dealer/901624/96013591_5thumb_550x410.jpg
$5499 (retail is $5480), 2007 TRIUMPH DAYTONA 675, NEW LOWER PRICE. THIS VERY NICE TRIUMPH DAYTONA 675 ONLY HAS 2,801 MILES ON IT. THE BIKE HAS A CUSTOM RED PAINT ON IT. VERY NICE LOOKING. FAST LOOKING. THE BIKE CAME TO US WITH SOME DAMAGE BUT IT HAS BEEN REPAIRED. ALL THE BODY WAS REMOVED FOR PAINT AND INSPECTION. THE BIKE COMES WITH A CALIFORNIA SALVAGE CERTIFICATE AND CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PARTROL VIN NUMBER INSPECTION CERTIFICATE. THIS IS A VERY NICE BIKE AT A GREAT PRICE. PRICE IS PLUS TAX, LICENSE AND DOCUMENTAION FEE

with a salvage title you can definitely make them come down on the price... if you really want one they are out there :thumbup:

CC Cowboy
April 23rd, 2011, 11:13 AM
So is the new ZX-10R everything it is played up to be?????????????

I'd like to try one to see if it is as good as the BMW.

Kevin2109
April 23rd, 2011, 11:24 AM
Not sure that you would be on the way... but I'll be heading up from down here... maybe we could meet up somewhere :confused:

I'm right off the 5 by tustin/santa ana if thats on your way :confused:

Cazper
April 23rd, 2011, 11:35 AM
I've never riden the BMW but I'll say the ZX-10R is a bad bike! It's definitely going to be my next bike!

I'm pretty sure you are on my way... I want to get there early though. You can sign up at 7am.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kevin2109
April 23rd, 2011, 11:39 AM
I've never risen the BMW but I'll say the ZX-10R is a bad bike! It's definitely going to be my next bike!

I'm pretty sure you are on my way... I want to get there early though. You can sign up at 7am.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok cool :) yeah I want to get there early too! ZX6 is on my list for sure.

Lets meet at Wendy's, 13922 Red Hill Avenue, Tustin, CA 92780. Its right off the 5 and redhill

Cuongism
April 23rd, 2011, 04:52 PM
Dustin, where'd you see the red daytona? I checked cycletrader and that listing doesn't come up. I tried going to a local place that says they have a 07 Daytona, but by the time I got there they were closed :(. Their website says they close at 5, but I guess Easter?

Cazper
April 23rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
Dustin, where'd you see the red daytona? I checked cycletrader and that listing doesn't come up. I tried going to a local place that says they have a 07 Daytona, but by the time I got there they were closed :(. Their website says they close at 5, but I guess Easter?

I found it on cycletrader... I looked at Daytona 675 LE and it's in LA so make sure you broaden your search as far as distance goes... it was the only one when I put 150 miles from me (92058)

phr3ek
April 24th, 2011, 10:53 PM
frakkin hell

i thought the event was in LA
but its not, its in POMONA, 40 min. away from my house :)

Cazper
April 25th, 2011, 05:22 AM
40 mins is nothing... I wish I was that close... heck I wasn't even that close to the SD one...lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

phr3ek
April 25th, 2011, 04:47 PM
i know its not far, im glad i googled the location or i would have gone to the LA convention center which is 1 hour on bike

pomona is 30 min on bike

Cazper
April 25th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Ok cool :) yeah I want to get there early too! ZX6 is on my list for sure.

Lets meet at Wendy's, 13922 Red Hill Avenue, Tustin, CA 92780. Its right off the 5 and redhill

Thats cool with me... from there it looks like a little over 30 mins to get there... so plan for me to be there about 0615 so we can roll out no later than 0630 to get there about 0700. Sound good?

Kevin2109
April 25th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Thats cool with me... from there it looks like a little over 30 mins to get there... so plan for me to be there about 0615 so we can roll out no later than 0630 to get there about 0700. Sound good?

Good thing I know military time :P lol that's on 20110430 right (Sorry just had to show off :o )

And damn thats early! :eek: But sounds good, I'm so excited!

Cazper
April 25th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Good thing I know military time :P lol that's on 20110430 right (Sorry just had to show off :o )

And damn thats early! :eek: But sounds good, I'm so excited!
You could have thrown more people off by just putting 110430...lol.

It is early... but you'll thank me when we get to ride the bikes we want to earlier than 1200... I'm just sayin' :thumbup:

Kevin2109
April 25th, 2011, 09:30 PM
You could have thrown more people off by just putting 110430...lol.

It is early... but you'll thank me when we get to ride the bikes we want to earlier than 1200... I'm just sayin' :thumbup:

lol True :thumbup:

The ZX6R Is so mine that day :P

Havok
April 26th, 2011, 08:00 AM

I think I'll meet you guys up there, I was going to roll across and meet up with Kevin and then wait for you Dustin but I would have to leave at like 5 am lol and that just is not going to happen in my day off lol. I don't mind being there later in to ride.

I want to ride the versys, z1000 and ninja 1000 my try and get in the zx6r as well lol

Cazper
April 26th, 2011, 05:37 PM
No dedication man... I'm probably going to have to leave at least by 0500 to get to the Wendy's by 0615 and then to Pamona by 0700... lol... I'm just givin you a hard time... we'll see you there!! :thumbup:

Kevin2109
April 27th, 2011, 10:16 PM
So now I dont know if I'm going to go. My 250 is throwing a fit :mad: I am having a huge fuel starvation problem and dont even know where to start :( The damn thing lost all the power on the freeway, F'ing sketchy!

I'll do more testing to see if it does it again tomorrow. If nothing happens again then I think I'm still down

Cazper
April 28th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Worst case you can take your cage instead... trust me you don't want to miss the opportunity to ride all these bikes!
Posted via Mobile Device

Havok
April 28th, 2011, 07:26 AM
So now I dont know if I'm going to go. My 250 is throwing a fit :mad: I am having a huge fuel starvation problem and dont even know where to start :( The damn thing lost all the power on the freeway, F'ing sketchy!

I'll do more testing to see if it does it again tomorrow. If nothing happens again then I think I'm still down

Since you pulled your clean air thing off I would start there and see if any of the hoses came unclamped an make sure it's all the way it is supposed to be. After that check your carbs and make sure your needles and shims are the way they are supposed to be. After that check the throttle mod you did.

Lol Dustin that is just too damn early lol. We should hit up baldy that afternoon for a quick ride. Ach and gmr are a bit trashed still I think but baldy will be a good kick back ride to the top.

Kevin2109
April 28th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Worst case you can take your cage instead... trust me you don't want to miss the opportunity to ride all these bikes!
Posted via Mobile Device

I dont have a cage :( Twofiddy is my only transportation

Since you pulled your clean air thing off I would start there and see if any of the hoses came unclamped an make sure it's all the way it is supposed to be. After that check your carbs and make sure your needles and shims are the way they are supposed to be. After that check the throttle mod you did.

Lol Dustin that is just too damn early lol. We should hit up baldy that afternoon for a quick ride. Ach and gmr are a bit trashed still I think but baldy will be a good kick back ride to the top.

I'm going to look at all the line tonight. It happens randomly, only the first time yesterday that it happened on the freeway. It did it one other time a month ago. I'm going to do the gas cap mod and see if that helps. I think im just getting vapor lock.

I'm down to ride if you dont mind possibly having to pull to the side of the road if it happens again :eek::confused::mad:

Cazper
April 28th, 2011, 08:56 PM
That's no problem... hell you can ride passenger if you want too... :redface:

Just ask alex... he didn't seem to mind :thumbup:

Kevin2109
April 28th, 2011, 09:58 PM
That's no problem... hell you can ride passenger if you want too... :redface:

Just ask alex... he didn't seem to mind :thumbup:

Lol ok I guess I'll go :thumbup: I think it may be bad gas :confused: It didnt start happening like this till after I filled up last

phr3ek
April 28th, 2011, 10:25 PM

how did it lose power?

happened to me twice on the freeway on one trip
i was applying constant throttle, then bike started slowing down
started twisting the throttle, but there was no response
after 3-5 seconds throttle response comes back like nothing was wrong

Zombiphone
April 28th, 2011, 11:12 PM
I'm about 90% certain I'll be going to this right now. I really really want to try out a 650, since I'm strongly considering adding one to my stable- and for some weird reason, I find myself unreasonably attracted to the z1000. And while I'm 50 some miles out of my way, I may as well hop on anything else I can get my hands on :D My 250 is the biggest bike I've ever ridden, so I'm a bit nervous to try some of these, but I'm hoping a full liter isn't as crazy as it sounds :)

Saturday's iffy for me, but I'll definitely try to make Sunday if I can't push back my plans. Not sure what day you guys are all going?

Kevin2109
April 29th, 2011, 06:33 AM
how did it lose power?

happened to me twice on the freeway on one trip
i was applying constant throttle, then bike started slowing down
started twisting the throttle, but there was no response
after 3-5 seconds throttle response comes back like nothing was wrong

When I was on the freeway it kinda felt like I was loosing gas, but I just filled up the night before, and the RPMs dropped to 4000 and when i pulled in the clutch to slow down on the shoulder of the road the bike just died.

Its happened a couple times now after filling up Tuesday night, not on the freeway though. And its weird, one time I was on it hard and I pulled in the clutch preparing for a light and the bike instantly died, 9k to 0 right away. Then yesterday I pulled to the side of the road to wait for a friend and the bike refused to idle anything higher then 1k, and if I gave it any gas is shut off, with the choke on I could at least keep it running.

I'm so lost on this one, nothing makes sense, I'm going to check that little ass fuel filter and see if its clogged, if it is i,m draining the gas. If its not I'm checking plugs

I seems to me that it happens after the bike has been ridden then let cool for like 20-30 min then ridden again. If I leave it over night then ride it, it seems to be ok:confused::confused::mad:

Cuongism
April 29th, 2011, 06:50 AM
It sounds like the gas vent issue. Have you tried opening it (or does the bike just start right up after dying?).

Cali619
April 29th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Lol, I have no interest in getting a liter bike. My next bike would be a 675 if I can just find one, but for some reason the new gsxr is growing on me. This is why I try to avoid test riding bikes...it starts that itch to buy :D

Have you looked into the Ducati 749?

Kevin2109
April 29th, 2011, 07:19 AM
It sounds like the gas vent issue. Have you tried opening it (or does the bike just start right up after dying?).

Yup, no noise when I open it up, still seems to have a hard time starting back up even if I open the gas tank, or if I dont (well ive always opened the tank when it died so not sure)

If I let her sit for a couple minutes then she starts back up, little hesitant, but still starts and I am on my way. Then the problem doesnt seem to happen till I let the bike cool down, then ride it again

Cazper
April 29th, 2011, 03:30 PM
So is the verdict that I'm still stopping to pick you up at 0615 at the wendy's tomorrow?

Kevin2109
April 29th, 2011, 04:52 PM
So is the verdict that I'm still stopping to pick you up at 0615 at the wendy's tomorrow?

Yup :D Looks like it, I did http://www.kawiforums.com/ninja-250r/107901-gas-tank-noise-elimination-mod-pictures.html Today and it seems to have worked really well, have been testing the bike the last hour. Just took it on my first little canyon run and it was great :thumbup: Going to let the bike cool then take it out and see if it does the same thing it used to. Lets hope it doesnt :o

Kevin2109
April 29th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Dustin- How does it work with bringing items with us? Like a backpack? I have medical stuff I have to bring and I want to bring my extra helmet shield in case it gets dark lol :o

Cazper
April 29th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I brought my tank bag with me and I just put it on whatever bike I was riding... I'm sure if you wanted or needed to wear a backpack you can certainly do it! I really need to get to bed... long ride tomorrow!!! :thumbup:

Zombiphone
April 30th, 2011, 09:03 PM
The ninja 650 was out of commission right before I was suppose to get to ride it :Cry: I waited all day because that was the one and only vehicle I wanted to ride, but no- someone had to go break the mirror off. Le sigh.

They offered me the Ninja 1000 or the Versys in its place, so I took the Versys since it was in the same power range and I was already scheduled to ride the Ninja 1000. While I'm sure there's someone out there who would have some use for a bike like that, I found it awkward to maneuver, overly tall, and I didn't like the seating position at all. It absorbed bumps well enough, and it came alive at 9k rpms, but it ultimately just felt like a heavy, less fun version of my dirtbike :/

The Ninja 1000, though, was pure love. I wish I had just ridden that one twice afterall, because I was grinning ear to ear the whole time. Perfect seating position, predictable but noteworthy power, not too tall or heavy, effortless turn in- SOOOOO much fun! They dun good on this one. I'm still pretty dead set on getting a 650 as an extra track bike (If I ever get a chance to ride one <_<), but the 1000 would be a crazy fun street toy, even if it does commit felony speeding a little too comfortably :p

That said, it took me a second to remember how much more I need to rev my little ninja for the ride back, but I also immediately remembered just how much I love that about it. It's just not as great when you don't get to hear her scream :D Oh, and I now have a snazzy Kawasaki hat! Good times.

Havok
April 30th, 2011, 09:14 PM
The ninja 650 was out of commission right before I was suppose to get to ride it :Cry: I waited all day because that was the one and only vehicle I wanted to ride, but no- someone had to go break the mirror off. Le sigh.

They offered me the Ninja 1000 or the Versys in its place, so I took the Versys since it was in the same power range and I was already scheduled to ride the Ninja 1000. While I'm sure there's someone out there who would have some use for a bike like that, I found it awkward to maneuver, overly tall, and I didn't like the seating position at all. It absorbed bumps well enough, and it came alive at 9k rpms, but it ultimately just felt like a heavy, less fun version of my dirtbike :/

The Ninja 1000, though, was pure love. I wish I had just ridden that one twice afterall, because I was grinning ear to ear the whole time. Perfect seating position, predictable but noteworthy power, not too tall or heavy, effortless turn in- SOOOOO much fun! They dun good on this one. I'm still pretty dead set on getting a 650 as an extra track bike (If I ever get a chance to ride one <_<), but the 1000 would be a crazy fun street toy, even if it does commit felony speeding a little too comfortably :p

That said, it took me a second to remember how much more I need to rev my little ninja for the ride back, but I also immediately remembered just how much I love that about it. It's just not as great when you don't get to hear her scream :D Oh, and I now have a snazzy Kawasaki hat! Good times.

LOL that kid was all rattled when he got back after dropping it, he all most dropped it again when he got off he was so dazed he forgot to put the kickstand down and walked off it a guy had to grab it.

I agree with you 100% on both the versys and the ninja 1000. The 1000 will be my next bike for sure. I am shocked we didn't run into each other or did we lol.

Zombiphone
April 30th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Ha, I have no idea if I saw any of you guys. I saw a bunch of 250s in the parking lot, but had no idea who owned them. I was the chick with the long messy hair and the full white leather scorpion gear :p

Kevin2109
April 30th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Ha, I have no idea if I saw any of you guys. I saw a bunch of 250s in the parking lot, but had no idea who owned them. I was the chick with the long messy hair and the full white leather scorpion gear :p

I think I did see you!

Havok
April 30th, 2011, 09:51 PM

I saw you then, i remember the gear lol. Yea a guy saw a girl and all he can remember is the MC gear she had on. I wonder if i am addicted to this whole motorcycle thing lol. We were camped out by where the radio station was, we won like 4 hats and an water bottle standing there.

HypnoKhaos
May 1st, 2011, 06:23 AM
It was great meeting everyone yesterday. Today will be just as good. See you all there.

Cazper
May 1st, 2011, 09:38 AM
What a great time!!! I've definitely solidified beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will get an 09' ZX-10R once I return from Afghanistan next year!!! After riding every sport/supersport bike they had I'm convinced!!!

Tiffani,
We definitely saw you... wish we could have hung out though. We even all went to Bravo Burger (awesome tacos BTW) for lunch... it was a 250R sight to see in the parking lot!!!

Jeremy,
Great meeting you... we will definitely have to hang out again at the next GTG or group ride!!! Loved checkin' out your 11' (glad you got the green... it's the fastest).

Kevin (Phr3ek),
Great meeting you too... your 636 is sick!!! Wish we would have hung out more... you'll have to join us at a GTG or group ride as well... I'm gonna have to search for your video that you posted... that would be cool to see!!

Ken,
Was really cool finally meeting you and hanging out with you!!! Bravo Burger was an awesome call!!! I still shouldn't have gone on the cruiser ride though... but at least you got the opportunity to ride the 10!!! You should definitely come out to more of our GTG's whether you ride your wifes' 250R or whatever bike... we always have a great time!!!

Kevin and Jeff,
You guys know the drill... always a pleasure hanging out with you guys!!! Let's figure out what or where we will do or go next!!!

Oh yeah... almost forgot that we met 3 pretty cool women when we first got there that were test riding the 250R because they all 3 planned to buy one and ride together!!! We talked to them most of the day and told them about the website and they seemed super excited!!! I'll be pretty suprised if they don't join and if they don't start coming to more events as well!!!

phr3ek
May 2nd, 2011, 08:38 PM
EDIT***

will repost everything when i get all vids up

Kevin2109
May 2nd, 2011, 08:55 PM
[

more to come: ninja 1000, z1000, 2nd z1000 with kevin on zx10 in front, kevin getting busted on zx10, and chris' 250r ride

Cant wait to see that one! :p

phr3ek
May 2nd, 2011, 09:33 PM
_wDP1rFva4o

KJohnson21
May 2nd, 2011, 09:36 PM
I had some excellent rides this weekend, and it was great to visit and compare notes with everyone the rest of the time.

It was awesome to meet everyone and to be able to put faces with names. Crissy/ManyCavies and I will definitely have to do some get togethers with y'all. :thumbup:

Kevin2109
May 2nd, 2011, 09:38 PM
Ii6Z9mnJOS8

Hahaha love it :D Do you mind uploading the majority of the video in HD? :confused: I dont know how long it takes though for you to do, so if its a big thing then its ok :thumbup:

phr3ek
May 2nd, 2011, 09:41 PM
im working on it right now

but i cant seem to get a vid with more than 480p :confused:
i was able to get up to 720p on my older vids after a couple minutes, so idk why it cant go higher

Cazper
May 2nd, 2011, 09:42 PM
You definitely took it a lot easier on that ZX-10R than I did...lol. I kept thinking... okay, here's his chance to wind it up and catch up... and you kinda just casually rode along...lol. Cool video none the less though bro! :thumbup:

Kevin2109
May 2nd, 2011, 09:47 PM
im working on it right now

but i cant seem to get a vid with more than 480p :confused:
i was able to get up to 720p on my older vids after a couple minutes, so idk why it cant go higher

upload to http://vimeo.com/ HD looks way better then youtube

phr3ek
May 2nd, 2011, 10:28 PM
OtZ0PpjeiS8

xAHGJcvsbrY

it takes significantly longer to upload an HD vid (1 hour per vid) so hopefully i get everything up by thursday

KJohnson21
May 3rd, 2011, 08:47 AM
AARRRRGGGHH!!!!

There's a brand new ZX10R parked here at work this morning. And it's the green one that I like. Now I get to see that every day. :(

Gonna have to track 'em down and introduce myself! ;)

Kevin2109
May 3rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
AARRRRGGGHH!!!!

There's a brand new ZX10R parked here at work this morning. And it's the green one that I like. Now I get to see that every day. :(

Gonna have to track 'em down and introduce myself! ;)

I'm extremely in love with that bike now! The raw power is amazing. How effortlessly it pulls through every gear :D My insurance will triple with that bike though :eek: Gotta wait till im a little older :mad:

Kevin2109
May 3rd, 2011, 08:51 AM
xAHGJcvsbrY

it takes significantly longer to upload an HD vid (1 hour per vid) so hopefully i get everything up by thursday

Thank you Kevin! :thumbup:

Cazper
May 3rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
lol... now everyone else is obsessed with the ZX-10R... and everyone was kinda thinking I was a bit nuts for wanting it... I TOLD YOU!!!! :thumbup:

KJohnson21
May 3rd, 2011, 10:48 AM
I'm extremely in love with that bike now! The raw power is amazing. How effortlessly it pulls through every gear :D My insurance will triple with that bike though :eek: Gotta wait till im a little older :mad:

You can buy it and insure it under my name to keep your rates down... What are friends for!?! :D

Kevin2109
May 3rd, 2011, 11:02 AM
You can buy it and insure it under my name to keep your rates down... What are friends for!?! :D

If I had the money that would sound like a plan :thumbup: $14,000 is a little much for my budget right now :rolleyes:

Cazper
May 3rd, 2011, 11:32 AM
If I had the money that would sound like a plan :thumbup: $14,000 is a little much for my budget right now :rolleyes:
Thats why I'm gonna get an 09'... they retail for $8050 :thumbup:

Kevin2109
May 3rd, 2011, 12:10 PM
Thats why I'm gonna get an 09'... they retail for $8050 :thumbup:

Thats so much better! But I absolutely love the look of the 2011 <3

Cazper
May 3rd, 2011, 01:51 PM
I don't know... they really aren't that different :thumbup:
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/cazper_77/Misc/2009ZX-10R.jpg
http://www.kawasaki.com.au/kawpublic_images/Latest%20news/New%202011%20Ninja%20ZX10R%20Unveiled/2011%20Ninja%20ZX10R%20ABS%20Unveiled.jpg

Kevin2109
May 3rd, 2011, 02:24 PM
I don't know... they really aren't that different :thumbup:
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/cazper_77/Misc/2009ZX-10R.jpg
http://www.kawasaki.com.au/kawpublic_images/Latest%20news/New%202011%20Ninja%20ZX10R%20Unveiled/2011%20Ninja%20ZX10R%20ABS%20Unveiled.jpg

Its just the lights for me in the front lol The design is more square with sharp edges, while the 2009 is more rounded? idk I'm picky :thumbup:

Cazper
May 3rd, 2011, 02:34 PM
Yeah I can see that... I'm just biased because the 09' is gonna match my 09' :thumbup:

phr3ek
May 3rd, 2011, 03:04 PM
i like the back end of the older gen and the front end and exhaust
of the new gen
the front end really separates it from the zx6

i daydreamed that they raffled off the flat black zx10 and i won it :rolleyes:

Cazper
May 3rd, 2011, 04:57 PM
I usually don't pay much attention to the stock exhaust... I know that I would replace it no matter what anyway. They are both so big and bulky. Just not sure if I prefer the yoshi exhaust:
http://www.stdreams.com/catalog/images/catalog/yoshimura-kawasaki-zx-10r-08-09-TRC-CARBON.jpg
or the akrapovic:
http://www.v9sportbike.com/2781-7157-thickbox/2008-2009-2010-kawasaki-zx10r-akrapovic-hexagonal-slip-on-street-legal-exhaust.jpg

Cuongism
May 3rd, 2011, 05:05 PM

Does it look like it has a tank cover in person or is it the lighting/angle?

Cazper
May 3rd, 2011, 05:21 PM
No it looks like it has a tank cover on it... it's because they did the top part in black... the back part is the actual tank and the front really is a cover... I know because my tank bag doesn't stick to the front because it's plastic :thumbup:

WAIT A SECOND.... I just looked at your Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675?!?!? You went ahead and got one!!!! PICS or it didn't happen!!!!!

Ninja Chris
May 4th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Hey guys, I uploaded the first half of my ride on youtube, and it's ready in all its 720p glory:) Thanks again Kevin for the video! You can all hear him at the beginning of the video, the 250 is built for high RPMs lol

Any tips for how to embed the video?

http://youtu.be/590qVru0t9M?hd=1

phr3ek
May 4th, 2011, 07:18 PM
590qVru0t9M

(youtube)590qVru0t9M(/youtube)
just replace the parenthesis with brackets

i was gonna upload your vid too
why the fcuk did i walk with a limp?!?!?

Kevin2109
May 4th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Absolutely love the camera angle kevin! Good job :D

phr3ek
May 4th, 2011, 08:34 PM
decided to start a new thread for vids

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=287976#post287976