View Full Version : Stay off the lines.

JeffM
April 30th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Combine a nice dry day with a little runoff moisture over the double yellow and voilą:

eD3CtUgGXEw

kkim
April 30th, 2011, 10:54 AM
lol... yep, learn to be very precise with bike placement.

dino74
April 30th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I love the rnickeymouse channel!

CC Cowboy
April 30th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I can't believe the fool did it twice. I would have learned the first time.

rockNroll
April 30th, 2011, 12:37 PM
nice form

JeffM
April 30th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Yeh, I just noticed how crossed up he is.

setasai
April 30th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Amazing how little damage there is to the bike. I'm always surprised at how durable these things are.

RedCromwell
April 30th, 2011, 05:30 PM
I can't believe the fool did it twice. I would have learned the first time.

:lol: And it looks like he slowed down a bit the second time...

00NissanNinja
May 1st, 2011, 11:43 AM
And for that matter stay off those crosswalk markings. I slipped on one once on this roundabout to get on the highway. I caught the bike though.

spidime
May 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM
I slipped on lines like that about a week ago. Leaned right in to the corner at around 60, took it a bit too sharp, back wheel wobbled about for a bit, nearly pooped myself! Brought it back up and rode on my way making a mental note to pay more attention. Not a nice feeling!

Xoulrath
May 2nd, 2011, 03:37 PM
Someone should probably let that rider know he can use the whole lane. His, not the adjacent one. They should also probably tell him the bike can lean.

CoinSlot
May 3rd, 2011, 03:55 AM
Yep, wet lines sure are interesting:

Cazper
May 5th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Yeah, scanning ahead can help prevent those problems so that you at least know the road condition. It's all about placement... there was no reason for him to be that close to the center line much like there was no need to be as close to the shoulder in the post above me.

akima
November 30th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I noticed that he chopped the throttle during the turn: did he do it before his front wheel completely lost traction or did he do it after? I was wondering if that might have been the final cause of him going down (after the fact he chose to ride on the wet line and had really bad body position).

csmith12
November 30th, 2012, 11:39 AM
It's because his rear wheel is pink.

alex.s
November 30th, 2012, 11:41 AM
if you freeze frame the slowmo you can see he starts to tuck the front and it spooks him so he chops the throttle and drops it

rojoracing53
November 30th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Same crap at the race tracks, exiting turn one at miller touched the paint line on the outside while WOT and voila instant 100+mph highside :mad:

When I came in on the crash truck my team was like "how the hell did you end up on the inside of turn one" :mad2:

The only time paint is safe is if its an FIM event

Motofool
November 30th, 2012, 11:49 AM
if you freeze frame the slowmo you can see he starts to tuck the front and it spooks him so he chops the throttle and drops it

http://forums.superbikeschool.com/index.php?showtopic=1548

akima
November 30th, 2012, 11:59 AM

Should he have stayed on the throttle (maybe even given it more throttle) and stood his bike up a bit to get more front wheel grip, before leaning in again after he passed the wet spot?

csmith12
November 30th, 2012, 01:39 PM
This guy crashed because of one simple thing... he was to tight on the bars. Sure, he had BP issues that didn't help and he did have a hickup in throttle before hand but it wasn't the deciding factor of the crash. Watch his hands, the front wheel didn't have a chance of realigning with the rear.

If he had just relaxed he might have been able to ride it out, assuming good throttle control or he may have just crashed anyway. Depending on his front tire psi and temps it might not have ever regained traction when it got off the paint. Maybe with better bp and less lean he may have not slipped at all... :noidea:

In the end, I feel that taking a better photo/looking cool is what was most important to him. While looking through the corner, he should have seen the wet pavement, maintained throttle and picked it up a bit. And for sure stayed off the paint by altering his line with a slight countersteet. Every rider should know, wet paint is slippery.

I feel for the guy crashing and all but it was sooooooooo easily avoidable. He had like forever to prep for that little bit of water.

tuan3742
November 30th, 2012, 04:44 PM
one thing i noticed was he didn't keep his line consistent, when he first enters the corner, he inches towards the line, moves away, then goes over the line again.

akima
November 30th, 2012, 04:45 PM
one thing i noticed was he didn't keep his line consistent, when he first enters the corner, he inches towards the line, moves away, then goes over the line again.

Maybe he took the cornering tip "pick a line" a bit to literally :p

tuan3742
November 30th, 2012, 04:49 PM

lol. good one

himynameisjoe
November 30th, 2012, 07:18 PM

O for the love... did you really just say that? :lol:

azn370z
November 30th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Do you think traction control would of prevented the crash?

himynameisjoe
December 1st, 2012, 12:04 AM
I'll be honest, I thought this thread was going to be more about this

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2011/2/23/1298479318332/image-of-lines-of-cocaine-007.jpg

RedOctober
December 2nd, 2012, 09:59 PM
Do you think traction control would of prevented the crash?

Wrong tire