View Full Version : Boston Get-Together or Group Ride?

CantDecide
May 1st, 2011, 09:46 PM
Hi Bostonians,

Anyone interested in getting together at an interesting destination, or for a group ride? I'm just getting started and I'm not super fast, but I've seen a bunch of Ninja 250s around town and would like to meet some of their riders.

Any interest?

drowe531
May 25th, 2011, 09:53 AM
I actually have some free time this weekend for once, maybe if the weather holds out we can get together for a ride. More than likely will be sunday or late afternoon saturday

CantDecide
May 25th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I would love to, but I'm out of town until the end of June! It sounds like this weekend will be great though, so have a good ride!

jackxlee
May 25th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Hi Bostonians,

Anyone interested in getting together at an interesting destination, or for a group ride? I'm just getting started and I'm not super fast, but I've seen a bunch of Ninja 250s around town and would like to meet some of their riders.

Any interest?

where are you planning top ride too or meet up?

drowe531
May 25th, 2011, 10:29 AM
not sure, didn't really have anything in mind. I was supposed to ride 127 in gloucester a few weeks ago but didn't have time too. Supposedly that is supposed to be a pretty nice route.

GeneJunkie
May 25th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Wait I hear end of June and a 250 ride?! I'll be in CT at the end of June so I'm looking out to meet up with some riders on the east coast because sadly I have to abandon my SoCal family :(

Brian85
June 8th, 2011, 11:40 PM
I have been riding a lot latley but I don't know anyone around here that rides, is anyone on this forum in the Boston area?

bonbon76
June 9th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Hi Brian!

Im up in Wilmington. you may want to check out NESR (New England Street Riders). Its a good local site. They set up a lot of group rides from Boston all the way up to VT. Hit me up if you want to ride sometime.

bonbon76
June 9th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Hi Bostonians,

Any interest?
Hi Josh, where are you exactly?

CantDecide
June 9th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Where am I right now? Well, I'm sitting in the courtyard of a hotel in sight of the Great Wall in China. :)

I _live_ in Somerville, and I'll be back at the very end of June. I'd love to get together for a group ride, but I'm still just starting out on bikes though (less than a month of weekends), so I don't ride too aggressively yet.

bonbon76
June 9th, 2011, 06:32 AM
LOL.. ya would be tough fron China! :)

When you get back, shoot me a note. I have only been riding since mid April, So Im not too far ahead of you. Hopefully getting together with others to ride Sat.

Brian85
June 9th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks! I'm always riding around the South Shore area

CC Cowboy
June 9th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I used to ride Jerusalem Rd to Atlantic Rd down through Cohasset down into Scituate.

Hillside St and Chichatawbut Rd in Milton was my own private race track.

Anything south of Brockton (all the way to the Cape)is great fun.

Miles Standish is great for a 250 dirt bike.

Brian85
June 9th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Jerusalem Rd is fun, i actually work about 5 minutes from there down in Hull. I just took a ride through scituate and cohasset earlier

drowe531
June 14th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Alex do you want to just merge this one with this one:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72217

:wave: from Burlington.

Alex
June 14th, 2011, 08:36 PM
/merged

SSR
June 16th, 2011, 06:56 PM
make sure you guys plan a Stanley Cup parade of Ninja 250's!

*pondering* Although you'd have to make sure you secure the Stanley Cup well on the back seat. It is slightly large.

klix
June 17th, 2011, 07:57 PM
make sure you guys plan a Stanley Cup parade of Ninja 250's!

*pondering* Although you'd have to make sure you secure the Stanley Cup well on the back seat. It is slightly large.

haha :first:

First post here, but yeah I wouldn't mind meeting up with a few ninja riders at some point. I'm a bit of a newb too... only just started riding for real in early March of this year. I don't have any issues keeping up with the crazy guys, but I prefer to stay on the mild side (don't like getting pulled over).

So yeah, I'll check back here once in a while to see whats going on!

GeneJunkie
June 17th, 2011, 08:02 PM
OMG seriously guys lets get together. I just got into CT this morning and I'm dying to go for a ride. I have serious riding withdrawal right now...

drowe531
June 20th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Are you permenantly in CT or is that a stopover til somewhere else?

GeneJunkie
June 20th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Are you permenantly in CT or is that a stopover til somewhere else?

I'm permanently here, for a few years at least.

drowe531
June 20th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Ah ok, you are not to far from Springfield western MA which has some good roads around there. Myself, bonnie, michael, and josh are more north shore, which is roughly 2 hours on the highway just to get in the area.

GeneJunkie
June 20th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Western Mass is also about 2 hrs away from me as well. I rode there on Saturday. I don't mind riding out that far and I would like to meet up with other forum members. If you don't want a central CT rider polluting the MA grp its fine by me. ;)

theredsox
June 20th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I live in Quincy, work in Hingham. I sadly do not have my bike yet. I bought it two weeks ago, but it's sitting at Pilgrim Powersports in Plymouth until I can collect all the additional parts (lowering kit, sliders, custom dual levers) and have them install it. Hopefully I can be up and riding in a month and hop in on a fall group ride sometime. Starting in September I'll be living with another Ninja owner. We are hoping the weather stays decent to get some good rides in before winter comes around.

Ytse Frobozz
June 20th, 2011, 09:56 PM
I'm hoping to put something together to go to Funspot in Laconia, NH this year. First I have to ride my bicycle in the Cape Cod Getaway this weekend, though. Stay tuned!

drowe531
June 21st, 2011, 09:11 AM
Western Mass is also about 2 hrs away from me as well. I rode there on Saturday. I don't mind riding out that far and I would like to meet up with other forum members. If you don't want a central CT rider polluting the MA grp its fine by me. ;)

Haha I got nothing against CT people, just wasn't sure if you wanted to ride 2 hours on a highway to then ride more. I guess its because I don't like being on the highway and try to avoid it as much as I can.

CantDecide
July 12th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Hi Guys, I've been back from China for a few weeks and finally had a chance to catch my breath. The weather has been pretty good, if it holds up this weekend is anyone interested in a get together?

bonbon76
August 17th, 2011, 05:44 AM
We need to get something going... anyone have ideas on meet ups??

theredsox
August 17th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Not I says the guy w/o a bike. I don't know what these jokers at Pilgrim Power Sports in Plymouth are doing, but I gave them parts to install on my bike almost a month ago. Every time I call, I get the "It's almost done" statement. I don't hold out hope for riding soon.

PS: Anyone have a Boston area repair/maintenance place they'd actually recommend to others?

bonbon76
August 18th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Not I says the guy w/o a bike. I don't know what these jokers at Pilgrim Power Sports in Plymouth are doing, but I gave them parts to install on my bike almost a month ago. Every time I call, I get the "It's almost done" statement. I don't hold out hope for riding soon.

PS: Anyone have a Boston area repair/maintenance place they'd actually recommend to others?
Thats sucks... Just as the perfect weather arrives. I hope it works out for you soon.