View Full Version : Atlanta Georgia riders!!?

atl-ninja250
May 5th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Looking for some 250 riders in the metro atlanta area to ride with!

Keep in mind...I said "ride"...not race :D

CZroe
May 8th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Bought my 250 while I still lived in GA, rode it for three months, ended up staying in San Diego. :) I lived my entire life in GA before that. GL finding someone. :thumbup:

atl-ninja250
May 9th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Oh yea? Daang too bad. Well, good luck in CA! I've got a house in florida too, guess ill be sticking to these states for now :P

Jojah17
May 9th, 2011, 01:26 PM
I live in the Va-Hi neighborhood. Right by Atl Moto-Repair... Ride every weekend...

bdavison
May 9th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Not in atlanta, im in warner robins, if your ever down here, id be more than happy to go riding (not racing). Even if you come close, message me and maybe we can meet up for a ride.

Outlander Systems
June 11th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I'm in the Northside OTP, if anyone wants to race...er...ride.

GeorgiaHooligan
June 30th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Im down for a drag race

Michaeldphotography
June 30th, 2011, 09:36 AM
im in alpharetta where do you ride

ally99
June 30th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Hubby and I (and Kevin on this site!) are in Athens! You ever out this way? Some nice country riding to be done out here!

LazinCajun
June 30th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I'm going to be moving to ATL in about a month, although I'm not sure the ninjette will be making the move too :(

Outlander Systems
June 30th, 2011, 06:51 PM
im in alpharetta where do you ride

I'm in the Acworth/Kennesaw area. Give me 200 miles so I can wrap up my break-in.

Michaeldphotography
July 1st, 2011, 05:24 AM
Aw man I know that feels good still breaking it in. Where did u get yours

Outlander Systems
July 1st, 2011, 07:33 PM
Mountain Motorsports in Marietta.

Xoulrath
July 1st, 2011, 08:12 PM
I hate those guys. I bought my 250 from the Conyers location last year. I was excited when the sales manager there told me that they had purchased Motions, which was to me only so-so as dealerships go.

Well, the entire first three months of this year I spent looking at different bikes trying to figure out if I wanted to get something new or keep the Ninjette a bit longer. Long story short, after looking and looking, I end up at the Marietta location and find an SV650SF. I ask them for an OTD and the guy wants to run my credit. I tell him no deal on running my credit and ask again about the OTD. He tells me it's MSRP, despite Suzuki having rebates at the time.

Whatever, I went down the street to WOW and checked out the blue ZX I had been lusting over for a week. They dealt with me and I brought them a check Tuesday morning. About two months later I went back to MMS and they still had that SV sitting there. Idiots, they could have sold that bike if they weren't such asses. I sure hope your dealings with them were better than mine.

LazinCajun
July 1st, 2011, 08:52 PM
To be fair, they really can't give you a final price without running your credit if you're financing. If you weren't, then that's all kinds of stupid.

Outlander Systems
July 1st, 2011, 09:07 PM
I hate those guys. I bought my 250 from the Conyers location last year. I was excited when the sales manager there told me that they had purchased Motions, which was to me only so-so as dealerships go.

Well, the entire first three months of this year I spent looking at different bikes trying to figure out if I wanted to get something new or keep the Ninjette a bit longer. Long story short, after looking and looking, I end up at the Marietta location and find an SV650SF. I ask them for an OTD and the guy wants to run my credit. I tell him no deal on running my credit and ask again about the OTD. He tells me it's MSRP, despite Suzuki having rebates at the time.

Whatever, I went down the street to WOW and checked out the blue ZX I had been lusting over for a week. They dealt with me and I brought them a check Tuesday morning. About two months later I went back to MMS and they still had that SV sitting there. Idiots, they could have sold that bike if they weren't such asses. I sure hope your dealings with them were better than mine.

My experience is so-so. They absolutely refused to budge off of MSRP - period. Everyone else I talked to was more than willing to play ball. I should note, that this was a cash purchase. I ended up going with them, due to the fact that they were the only shop in the metro with a Kwacky green SE.

The service department there has been top-notch, though.

Sales staff...eh.

I've had a lot of good experiences with Metro Cycles, and Canton Kawasaki. I believe Canton Kawasaki was bought out though.

WOW has the best selection of gear I've seen in the area, hands-down. Mountain Motorsports' riding gear selection is a joke at best.

Jojah17
July 2nd, 2011, 10:19 AM
Im up in Atlanta- in the Highlands neighborhood. I'm on a ratted out silver and red 2008. Hope to run into y'all sometime. Go Dawgs!

Outlander Systems
July 3rd, 2011, 07:10 PM
Im up in Atlanta- in the Highlands neighborhood. I'm on a ratted out silver and red 2008. Hope to run into y'all sometime. Go Dawgs!

Absolutely. We need to do an ATL meetup. Anywhere but the BP on North Avenue.

Outlander Systems
July 4th, 2011, 04:52 PM
So, let's get some suggestions going for a weekly/monthly meetup time/place/spot, and/or group ride up to the North GA twisties.

:cool:

Atlantic Station?

The Varsity?

Just throwin' some stuff out there.

mishka
July 5th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I live in Roswell and frequent Kennesaw and GaTech. Theres a pretty amazing Cuban place off Chastain called Papi's that makes the best sandwiches. They have a place in Midtown off Ponce as well that's low key.

Jesse85
July 5th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Don't live in Atl but I only live 60 miles away in Rome. Not that far away.

Michaeldphotography
July 5th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Hey I live in Roswell too

Outlander Systems
July 5th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Hey I live in Roswell too

I live in Roswell and frequent Kennesaw and GaTech. Theres a pretty amazing Cuban place off Chastain called Papi's that makes the best sandwiches. They have a place in Midtown off Ponce as well that's low key.

I'm right down 92 from you guys, in Acworth.

I've never had Cuban food, but I am definitely game. Anyone like Mexican?

Don't live in Atl but I only live 60 miles away in Rome. Not that far away.

Rome's not too far at all. I go up to Cave Spring a lot.

I've been wanting to hit SR 52, supposedly there is some nice driving that way.

mishka
July 5th, 2011, 06:47 PM
The place is cheap. The sandwiches are amazing. Their regular food is good, but nothing really special. I eat just their sandwiches. Add yellow rice and beans and I leave stuffed. :)

There is a bar called Bailey's off Barrett Parkway that I go to watch UFC fights. There is pool and darts and the staff is really great. Food is rather impressive for bar food. Their pretzels are really damn good. There is smoking inside so if you don't mind smelling like smoke for a bit before you ride, its a cool place. Since its by KSU the crowd will be more college aged.

There is also Mazzy's off Jimmy Carter. They have two other locations but the one off Jimmy Carter is the only one smoke free. They have pool and darts. Deep Fried Cheesecake is pretty tasty.

I love food so I am game for whatever. Right now, I am on a quest to find the best calzone in Metro ATL. So far my favorite is from Marietta Pizza Co off Whitlock Ave. by the Square because they offer whole grain. Then there is a place called Alessio's off 92 by Roswell High School and their calzones are large. The pizza is fulfilling as well.

I would also like to find a good sushi place that is affordable, a BBQ joint that is amazing (I remember going to one somewhere in Blue Ridge that has pigs on a hill and that so far is by far my favorite but too far away to be a place to eat frequently), and the best gyro!

I typically work 7-3 and weekends so any long trips in the future I'll need advance notice but other than that, I'm down for some food anytime!

Outlander Systems
July 6th, 2011, 07:51 PM
MPC on the Square has AWESOME Calzones! Sounds like a good meetup spot.

Who else is in?

Michaeldphotography
July 7th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I like Mazzys off of jimmy carter. they have nice pool tables and the food is pretty good but im down for whatever. Hopefully you guys wont go for another two weeks when my bike is here but if not i would like to still come out and get some great shots ( im a photographer) to put on the site.

mishka
July 7th, 2011, 12:38 PM
I am off Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday next week so I will be free to ride anytime. I think even if you don't have your Ninja with you, you can still join us!

Quinnthouzand
July 8th, 2011, 02:14 AM
I live right downtown in the mattress factory / north Druid hills. I ride an orange / black 07 track bike, and a black naked rat. I regularly go out and ride the twisties around the Emory area between 1am - 5am ish for about 45minutes at a time. The rat needs a new engine though, I think. It's got about 25k on it, loosing compression.. (but the CR31 strapped to it is brand new).

Outlander Systems
July 8th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I am 99% positive I should be through my break-in by next Friday. :cool:

Anyone want to shoot for a next Friday night meetup?

I like Mazzys off of jimmy carter. they have nice pool tables and the food is pretty good but im down for whatever. Hopefully you guys wont go for another two weeks when my bike is here but if not i would like to still come out and get some great shots ( im a photographer) to put on the site.

What colour you gettin'? What shop!?

Michaeldphotography
July 8th, 2011, 10:19 PM
I am 99% positive I should be through my break-in by next Friday. :

What colour you gettin'? What shop!?

I'm torn between blue and red. I saw blue at wow and canton motorsports. I see a couple of reds on craigslist. If the dealer will make a good deal I'll prob go blue. If not I may go craigslist if the two reds I've been eyeing are there

mishka
July 9th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I'm in for Friday the 15th.

I feel like bikes at WoW are greatly over priced.

Michaeldphotography
July 9th, 2011, 10:37 AM

Yeah the one I want is priced high but I'm hoping with cash in hand they will work with me

mishka
July 9th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I paid $2700 for mine from a private seller who was asking $3100 for an 08 with 4450 miles on it. Then I had to spend about $150 for some TLC on it. I would keep checking Craigslist and CylcleTrader. From what I hear, they don't really budge from their prices, but its worth trying.

Xoulrath
July 9th, 2011, 10:50 AM
WOW bikes are priced a bit higher, no doubt about it, but I feel like you are paying for an inspection with that higher price. I have watched them countless times testing and inspecting the bikes that go through there and well, that costs money and time.

I've been burned personally one time buying used from a private seller and it cost me more than it would have to simply buy new from a dealer or used from WOW. And that was just a dirt bike.

They will deal with you, but I think they generally have more room to wiggle with trades than the cost of the bikes themselves. They were only going to give me $2000 for my Ninjette and I told them they give me $3000 (which was craigslist going average at the time) and they had a deal. They did, and so I got my ZX from them. So honestly it was pretty much a wash.

Good luck with getting it.

Outlander Systems
July 9th, 2011, 07:42 PM

Ditto on the 15th. I should be free in the evening. I've been pulling 70 hour weeks lately. :rolleyes:

We need to get more folks on board, and figure out a meetin' spot.

WoW's not bad, but I think their sticker prices are pretty steep. I know that Metro Cycle was going to do $4800 OTD on a white 2011 SE. I want to say that Canton Kawasaki was going to do a pretty absurdly good deal on a '10 in Red when I was up there.

Craigslist is home of some really good deals. We picked up my wife's '01 EX250 off Craigslist, and the original owner absolutely babied this thing. Other than some rust in the obvious areas, the bike is immaculate.

Michael, go with the blue. That metallic blue is one of the nicest colours I've ever seen on a bike.

iamramekin
July 9th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I met up with a GA rider this weekend:

http://youtu.be/20efaODKmZw

Had a great time. Definitely going to keep meeting the fellow Georgia riders!

highpsiguy
July 9th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Kevin from Athens chiming in here.

Outlander Systems
July 10th, 2011, 08:15 AM

Got a subscription out of me. I like the @$$hole bikers video. Get in on this meetup, homie!

mishka
July 10th, 2011, 09:50 AM
I think we have a solid crew forming!

Outlander Systems
July 10th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Indeed! I'm somewhat surprised there's as many of us as there is.

Michaeldphotography
July 11th, 2011, 09:17 AM

Love your channel on you tube. I'm hoping I get my bike before u do your group ride

Ninja_Moose
July 12th, 2011, 05:41 AM
How did I miss this thread? I am in Smyrna and it would be nice to have other people to ride with.

Jojah17
July 12th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I may be going up to Rockmart to ride with my buddies (1200 Nightster and 750 Shadow) this Sunday if anyone is interested in tagging along. Some good country roads I hear.

mishka
July 12th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I work early morning. What time you guys riding?

Outlander Systems
July 14th, 2011, 03:43 PM
So we doin' this, or what? What time, what place?

Ninja_Moose
July 14th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I have a quick meeting Sunday afternoon, otherwise I would be in.

mishka
July 14th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I'll be free around 5-6ish pm. Distance is not really an issue going to any of the places mentioned so far. Would be nice to get some pictures up on the gallery. If not, we should start a new thread with a concrete date.

Outlander Systems
July 14th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I'm free as of about 6-7'ish.

Someone come up with a decent meetup spot.

mishka
July 14th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Let's do MPC at 7. Hopefully the weather will be permitting!

Outlander Systems
July 14th, 2011, 05:16 PM
See you there!

Directions for anyone else that wants to get in on this:

http://www.mariettapizza.com/location.html

Jojah17
July 15th, 2011, 05:50 AM
What day are y'all talking about?

Ninja_Moose
July 15th, 2011, 05:55 AM
This Sunday (7/17) at Marietta Pizza around 7pm.

Outlander Systems
July 15th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Okay, then. See you fellas at the pizza joint, Sunday at 7!
Posted via Mobile Device

Outlander Systems
July 16th, 2011, 07:05 PM
So, who all's goin' tomorrow?

Ninja_Moose
July 16th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I'll show up tomorrow.

mishka
July 17th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Me.

Outlander Systems
July 17th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I'll be the guy on the Ninja 250.

Michaeldphotography
July 17th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Everyone still meeting up

mishka
July 17th, 2011, 02:33 PM
:thumbup:

Going to head out soon and enjoy the weather! I'm going to try and park somewhere around the the center.

Ninja_Moose
July 17th, 2011, 02:38 PM
I'll be there.

Michaeldphotography
July 17th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Unfortunately I'll be the guy with the camera and no bike

mishka
July 17th, 2011, 08:09 PM
We must have missed you. We waited in front of MPC until 7:20 then sat at a table right in front of the door.

Outlander Systems
July 17th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Ninja Moose's bike was camouflaged in the darkness of night.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8803/ninjettemeetup.jpg

iamramekin
August 3rd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Just wanted to post in here that we had our first Georgia Torque meetup at the mall of GA a few weekends ago. Had a great turnout.

Mistershakie
Ramekin
Motoduelist
Silentblade
xboxbob3
brentm099
chasein3d
outlandersystems
travelersjaunt
Tyler

(Hope I didn't miss anyone... )

Anyway, had a great time. I think the best part of all was getting footage of mistershakie almost breaking his ankle during our picture:

3NrsifucB2o

GeorgiaHooligan
August 3rd, 2011, 09:10 PM
damn mistershakie, how many drinks did you have? HAHA

Outlander Systems
August 11th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Any of you guys interested in meeting up at the Tilted Kilt on Barrett Parkway in Kennesaw on Saturday evening around 8:00? A buddy of mine's band is playing there, and thought it wouldn't be a bad spot for a meetup.

Lemme know if you're in!

mishka
August 11th, 2011, 07:59 PM
This Saturday the 13th? I may be working, I'll find out tomorrow. If not, I'm in!

Outlander Systems
August 12th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Yeah, it's short notice, but it is this Saturday the 13.

CZroe
August 12th, 2011, 08:52 AM
You guys better start having tech days when I come back! Best "meeting spot" ever. :)

Jojah17
August 29th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Anybody know the brand spanking new blue ninja in the Atlanta area? Was parked outside of Dark Horse in the Highlands all day Sunday...also have seen a Kawi Triple up there in the past....maybe he changed rides?

NDspd
September 14th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Savannah area for me...sucks I'm so far from anyone.

Hopmix
September 14th, 2011, 09:08 AM
sup guys. let me know if any meet ups coming up!

mishka
September 16th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I vote we have another meet up!

Hopmix
September 19th, 2011, 11:39 AM
are you ITP Mishka? Any Torque meet ups scheduled ramekin?

Outlander Systems
September 19th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Count me in. When do you fellas wanna do this?

mishka
September 19th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I am OTP Mishka but I do go ITP. I do travel on a blue 250 and a zx6r :)

Hopmix
September 19th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I live in ITP, Ansley Park but work in Marietta on weekdays. So I'm usually out by you Outlander. Game for whatever though. Sat music midtown, gonna hit that up but other than that I'm pretty much free until oct 1. MSF class that weekend so I'm hosed. Weather looks like **** until friday though. Jojah?

Outlander Systems
September 19th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Marietta Pizza again FTW?

Hopmix
September 19th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Im in ... I think. Whats FTW?

Outlander Systems
September 19th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I knew it as something else..."F the world" but nowadays it's "For the win".

Hopmix
September 19th, 2011, 12:21 PM
yeah. i googled that ish. Urban dictionary said For the Win. Wasn't sure though. ha!

Michaeldphotography
September 19th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I'm down. Are we talking this Saturday? I'm ampere up and ready. This weekend was the first weekend on my bike and I was loving it. Ready to ride with yall

Hopmix
September 19th, 2011, 01:04 PM
sat no good for me unless y'all wanna meet up at music midtown/piedmont park. ill prolly head there about 4ish so if you wanna go before that I'm game.
friday evening after work good though. MPC for a slice and a brew.

Ninja_Moose
September 19th, 2011, 07:34 PM
It sounds like a good time, I am in depending on the time.

GeorgiaHooligan
September 21st, 2011, 10:26 AM
When I worked for Delta , I Stayed by college park where the crack heads hang out at the airport Hilton for 6weeks (good times). Always something to do in the Atl.

Jojah17
September 21st, 2011, 10:29 AM
Im out this weekend due to Music Midtown and other plans...plus I might've re-broken my wrist at a Frisbee tourney last weekend so probably best to stay off the bike for a minute. I definitely want to meet up soon though.

CZroe
September 21st, 2011, 11:30 AM
I knew it as something else..."F the world" but nowadays it's "For the win".

On the other hand, I used to think FML was "For the Mother-F@$#ing LOSS" specifically because I know what FTW meant. :)

Anyway, I'm back in town but need some work before I do much riding but I might be able to manage a meet-up. I'm supposed to go to WV this weekend though.

mishka
September 28th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Is the idea dead?

Hopmix
September 29th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I can do after 6 this weekend! Msf sat and sunday so ill prolly be sick of exhaust fumes but still down for a meet up.
Weekend after next game to if weather permits. Lets do this!!!!

Jojah17
October 3rd, 2011, 12:19 PM
Nice new ICON jacket Hopmix. I swear im not stalking you but I literally see you once every couple of days.

Outlander Systems
October 3rd, 2011, 12:35 PM
Dudes, I am sooooo down. My usual runnin' crew is runnin' thin. Let me know when and where and I will be there. I am on the North side of town, but I can be to Atlantic Station in about 20 minutes.

You guys wanna do a group meetup or a group ride? That is usually what makes the plans change mightily.

Hopmix
October 3rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
lol. thats funny. Were you on morning side? I thought I saw someone wave for a second. Next time pull up beside me and give me the bird or something so I know its you. Had jacket for a while but been to hot for it. liner is thick as hell.

Getting a meet up going has been damn near impossible it seems. I guess people are actually out riding getting in last bit of weather and not checking forums which sounds like the plan. Beautiful weather this whole week... SUP PEEPS! Lets do this!

Hopmix
October 3rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Dudes, I am sooooo down. My usual runnin' crew is runnin' thin. Let me know when and where and I will be there. I am on the North side of town, but I can be to Atlantic Station in about 20 minutes.

You guys wanna do a group meetup or a group ride? That is usually what makes the plans change mightily.

down for either or both.

Ninja Assassin
October 3rd, 2011, 01:03 PM

A lot of times the finance manager is the one setting the final price whether its a financed bike or not. BUT he only gets a commision on what's financed. So he's not really going to have any motivation to work with you even if you're standing there with cash in hand. Stupid setup but i've discovered thats how alot of dealershps around here work. WOW is setup different and that's why they'd play ball with ya on it.

Xoulrath
October 3rd, 2011, 06:43 PM
I guess people are actually out riding getting in last bit of weather and not checking forums which sounds like the plan. Beautiful weather this whole week... SUP PEEPS! Lets do this!Last bit of weather? Dude, do you live in the same Georgia I live in? LOL.

Man, I put my bike up for like a month and a half last year, and I felt bad doing that. It was more for the convenience of me sleeping in that I took the car. The right gear and a few extra minutes to get it on, and you can easily ride comfortably here all year long.

Hopmix
October 4th, 2011, 08:11 AM
lol. yeah man. I moved here two years ago from So Cal. My year around attire there was t-shirt jeans and some chucks. I would occasionally wear a jacket because it was fashionable. When I moved here everyone told me about the mild seasons and how I would love the weather. Both winters all I heard was... this is cold as hell for Atlanta and its NEVER LIKE THIS!!. Freezing balls, crazy wind chills and SNOW? It got into the teens several times last year. Off the bike dec through march for me. Ill be doing cosmetic upgrades then.

Xoulrath
October 4th, 2011, 06:31 PM
The thing about that weather is that's pretty normal. That's what it was like when I moved here in the late 80's. A good snow once a season of at least a couple inches north of Atlanta was normal. The early and mid-2000's were milder in terms of snow, but the temperatures still dipped into the teens about two weeks a year, typically late January or early February. The mountains almost always see several snowy and icy conditions a year.

As far as overall temperatures though, IMO, Georgia is tolerable all year long on the bike. The biggest challenge I have faced is the 25 degree morning that turns into a 55 degree afternoon. The temperature swings are huge. Layers are a must.

Hopmix
October 6th, 2011, 05:31 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/30324

This guy is riding this weekend Mos Def!
Whos in. I gotta come to your house and start your bike for ya? j/k

Ramekin
Motoduelist
Silentblade
xboxbob3
brentm099
chasein3d
outlandersystems
travelersjaunt
Tyler
Jojah
mishka
Ninja_Moose
Michaeldphotography
Xoulrath
Ninja Assassin
Hooligan

Who'd I miss?

Ninja_Moose
October 6th, 2011, 06:49 PM
There is a pretty good change that I can make it this weekend. I still have to work of getting my car running though.

Xoulrath
October 6th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Damn, sounds fun. I'm putting tires on the bike Saturday hopefully, but I may still try to meet up if it goes down. I'll just take it easy.

CZroe
October 6th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I have work at 11PM. What time are you guys planning to do this? Not sure I'll be able to even if the time works for me. I need tires, sprockets, chains, etc, so I probably shouldn't come. :(

Hopmix
October 6th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I'm up for a group ride or meet up either day! I haven't ridden anywhere but the city so Im up for getting out of the city. Group ride in the afternoon meet up after for the folks that cant make it out in the day. North Ga somewhere then MPC after? That or Grindhouse in the city. Burgers and booze shakes usually where I grub on the weekends.

streetracer744
October 6th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Im in the Sandy Springs Area if we ever want to meet up and ride!

Outlander Systems
October 8th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Anyone wanna meet up tomorrow for some country riding?

I had to move my parents all day, and then shot by Marietta Motorsports to get some preload adjusters installed.

I am free ALL DAY tomorrow (Sunday).

Hopmix
October 8th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Bro you shoulda hit me! I rode right by there around 4 bells. Im in for sunday. Where we meeting?

Ninja_Moose
October 8th, 2011, 05:05 PM
If it is later in the day, I might be able to make it. I need to finish adjusting the valves on my car first :(

Outlander Systems
October 8th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Damn dude. I woulda had I known. Huey said your bike was a monster down low. As soon as I got done moving, I blitzed down there. I've broken my safety switch twice, trying to install clutch levers, so I took it down there for them to do it. While I was there I had em slap my preload adjusters on. I tried to install the new brake reservoir cap, and didn't put the rubber gasket on from the OEM one, so I was slinging brake fluid everywhere. Not cool at all. Huey has henceforth banished me from doing my own work.

As for tomorrow, wherever, whenever. I am up for anything. A nice twisty ride in the Red Top area is a lot closer than Blood Mountain, and a lot less precarious.

I'm also down for whatever, if you and anyone else wants to stay closer to the metro.

Outlander Systems
October 8th, 2011, 05:34 PM
If it is later in the day, I might be able to make it. I need to finish adjusting the valves on my car first :(

Benny!!!! Yes! Bring it! I need to hear the thunder of your Area P!

Hopmix
October 8th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Red top it is. Noon good or earlier? Meet on barrett? Make the call outlander.

Outlander Systems
October 8th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Red top it is. Noon good or earlier? Meet on barrett? Make the call outlander.

Noon'll work for me.

You know the meetup spot. It rhymes with ShmikStip.

Hopmix
October 8th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Who else up for a red top run?
12 noon at
105 Barrett Pkwy
Marietta‎ GA‎ 30066-3341
United States

Im in the city so if anyone wanna roll up with mr about 11:15. (JOJAH ahhm ahmm.). Lesdoit.

Outlander Systems
October 8th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Who else up for a red top run?
12 noon at
105 Barrett Pkwy
Marietta‎ GA‎ 30066-3341
United States

Im in the city so if anyone wanna roll up with mr about 11:15. (JOJAH ahhm ahmm.). Lesdoit.

We are not going beyond anyone's limits. There will be no wrecking tomorrow, and the newest rider will set the pace. Unless it's just you an' me Hop. Then we'll be doing burnouts, wheelies, stoppies, and helmet drags.

If anyone wants a route preview, follow the link in my signature and peep the Red Top Mountain vid. The speed limit at Red Top Mountain is around 35, as there are a lot of hairpin turns, and lots of wildlife and pedestrians. On SR-113 there's no PoPo so we can be bad news Hooligans.

Ninja_Moose
October 9th, 2011, 06:55 AM
I'll be there today...just found out that my car broke a valve retainer and dropped the valve :mad:, at least I still have the Ninjette.

k12.usmc
October 9th, 2011, 07:09 AM
I go to State and live in Homepark off 14th. My bike is at my parents in the garage halfway finished with an efi mod need to get some custom cables and pods/breather. Next on my to do list is exhaust and paint.

Outlander Systems
October 9th, 2011, 07:14 AM
I'll be there today...just found out that my car broke a valve retainer and dropped the valve :mad:, at least I still have the Ninjette.

Awesome that you're coming; sorry about the valve retainer, dude.

Outlander Systems
October 9th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Ride today was awesome. It was great meeting Hopmix as well as seeing NinjaMoose again.

Here's some vid from today's ride. All my audio was hosed, so no vlogging. I had two hours of useless video from extreme clipping.

The video:

KzcybnzsC8w

I'm also planning a group ride for Sunday, October 23 unless the weather goes south on us fast. Location will probably be Blood Mountain, unless everyone wants to go somewhere else.

Alex
October 9th, 2011, 07:36 PM
:thumbup: Really great video quality!

Outlander Systems
October 9th, 2011, 08:10 PM
:thumbup: Really great video quality!

Thanks, man! This site rules. I've met some really cool people that I would've never crossed paths with if it weren't for Ninjette.org.

:thumbup:

tanman2003
October 9th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Hey all, looks like a cool run, maybe it would be a good idea for those who haven't chimed in to fill out the member map.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11545

Outlander Systems
October 10th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Alright fellas...

I've got a group ride planned for the 23rd of this month. To...Blood Mountain! I will probably try and shag out of the metro early enough to get breakfast at some local spot up that way, probably in Dahlonega.

That's one of my favorite things to do; chow down like a hound at a local eatin' spot.

At any rate, I think the plan is to zip around Blood Mountain for a bit, and then cruise all gangsta like around the scenic backroads in that area.

So far, I've got at least five dudes confirmed for the ride. Most likely, more of the runnin' crew will show up.

So....

Break out your boots, grab your gloves, and let's do this.

Let me know. I am probably going to get up there earlier than everyone else to stuff my face. If you're an early bird type of rube, feel free to join me for the morning shift. The meetup spot for up there is the Chevron on 400 North of Dahlonega. If you're passing through the North metro part if town, we can rendezvous for chow time and blitz our @$$es out of the concrete jungle, and make like hell's Angels to the nearest biscuit and pancake shop.

Xoulrath
October 10th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Damn, sounds fun. I may have to try to make that trip.

I'll PM you closer to the date for some more info.

Ninja_Moose
October 11th, 2011, 04:58 AM
I'll try to make that trip too. I'm not sure if I am going to take the Contour with me though, all of the audio was wind noise.

Outlander Systems
October 11th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Here's the meetup location:

1203 South Chestatee
Dahlonega, GA 30533

It's in between the Chevron on 400, and the turn through town to head towards Blood Mountain.

Bring your appetites. Hope you fella's are coffee drinkers.

http://www.dannysindahlonega.com/

I'm planning on getting there early birdy like.

I am definitely going to try and get to the breakfast spot no later than 8:00.

We may have to phase the meetup into those who are doing breakfast, and those who are meeting for cruisin' only. :thumbup:

Hopmix
October 12th, 2011, 09:14 AM
70 miles for me. I would have to leave at 6:45. eres loco hermano.

Outlander Systems
October 12th, 2011, 09:33 AM
70 miles for me. I would have to leave at 6:45. eres loco hermano.

I don't think everyone is going to breakfast. Hell, man, 64 is coming up for breakfast from COLUMBUS! You got this, homie! Ain't nothin' but a thang.

kimboEX250
October 13th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I'M IN!

If any of you SQUIDs are interested, I'll be camping saturday night at DeSoto Falls at the bottom of Blood Mountain.

Outlander Systems
October 13th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I'M IN!

If any of you SQUIDs are interested, I'll be camping saturday night at DeSoto Falls at the bottom of Blood Mountain.

Damn, talk about a short ride to the Mountain.

I might have to take yo' azz up on that. :thumbup:

kimboEX250
October 13th, 2011, 07:06 PM
yeah man, sure beats screamin up 400 first thing in the morning, in the dark, and half asleep

Xoulrath
October 16th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Hey Matt, where about in Dallas are you? That's my neck of the woods.

kimboEX250
October 16th, 2011, 05:49 PM
T - across the street from wally world on dallas hwy. is your zx6r black n red? i've been seein one around our territory lately

Xoulrath
October 17th, 2011, 06:17 PM
OK, cool. I live off of 61 going towards Villa Rica.

Not my ZX, though. Mine's blue.

Ninja_Moose
October 21st, 2011, 03:28 PM
Anyone plan on cruising up 400 for breakfast?

Outlander Systems
October 21st, 2011, 03:40 PM
Anyone plan on cruising up 400 for breakfast?

I am! See you at Danny's for the 8:00 breakfast!

tanman2003
November 3rd, 2011, 10:35 AM
So what happened with the ride?

Ninja_Moose
November 3rd, 2011, 09:20 PM
It was a fun ride and breakfast was pretty good, didn't recognize anyone from Ninjette at the meet though. Made the trip up and down the mountain a few times with a few vloggers.

tanman2003
November 3rd, 2011, 11:46 PM
sweet. Btw anyone know someone in Georgia looking for a pregen Ninjette?

Outlander Systems
November 18th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Anyone wanna cruise out this Sunday?

Hopmix
December 16th, 2011, 01:09 PM
i don't think anyone checks this anymore. might be a good time to start a new one

KevDotsonEMT
February 16th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Hey guys, and gals, I live down in Dublin Ga, used to live in Blue Ridge, were looking to move back up north and looking at the Athens area, anywhere but here would be nice, its too flat down here, anyway , me and the fiance are looking to find some Georgia couples to go on rides with and go do fun stuff together where we dont feel so on our on, been to six flags a few times and lake wannepasoka (spelled wrong), we also like to go to TN and NC especially to Cherokee and around the Nantahala.