View Full Version : Group buy on proven 415 chain/sprocket setup!!!

Order
May 9th, 2011, 02:04 PM
So here is the deal, I want a 415 chain/sprocket setup but it has to be a group buy so I'm hoping others here will buy into it. One of my sponsors will order if they can get ~8 orders.

This sprocket setup is race proven by tim61 on here. He's won all (4) 250 races with WMRRA this year. I believe the sprocket ratio is close to what you'd get with the stock 520 setup.

If you're interested, buy in and once ~8 are ordered they'll make a single order: http://www.aftermarketcycles.com/street/kawasaki-motorcycle-parts/ninja-ex250/ninja-250r-415gp-sprocket-set.html

EDIT: This setup requires the 415 chain, I highly suggest buying the 140 link chain! Otherwise you'll need to order 2 415 link chains from another site as they're only 120 links and rivet them together. It's cheaper/easier to purchase the 140 link chain.

Nemesis
May 9th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I'm in!

Kevin2109
May 9th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Dont want to sound ignorant here.... But I've been looking into changing out my sprockets. What is this 415 set up? Would you recommend it for city riding?

Thanks guys :thumbup:

farter
May 9th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Do you know the tensile strength of the chain?

Order
May 9th, 2011, 05:32 PM

From what I've found online I believe this to be true; "Average tensile strength is 4,090lbs."

tim61
May 9th, 2011, 05:32 PM

I wouldn't worry about manufacturer claims for tensile strength. I have been running the best 428 available on my 175, and it stretches like mad and wears out quickly. 2 race weekends, and 2 track days on my 250 with the 415 and the only time I adjusted the chain was when I changed tires! And the manufacturer claims the 428 has a higher tensile strength than the 415...But then, if you think about it, 125GP bikes are running 415. In interenational trim they are making probably 55hp, and when they come on the pipe, they come on hard. And they pretty much never break chains...

I really love this set up on my 250 racer. It saves about 3 lbs. or so, and the rear wheel spins like a bicycle. Free horsepower!!! Thats what I'm talkin' about!!!

TimO

Order
May 9th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Dont want to sound ignorant here.... But I've been looking into changing out my sprockets. What is this 415 set up? Would you recommend it for city riding?

Custom front/rear sprockets to allow the use of a 415 chain setup. This reduces rotating mass by ~3lbs as Tim wrote. No idea about city riding.

Order
May 9th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I'm in!

Woohoo! Spread the word... :thumbup:

tim61
May 9th, 2011, 06:27 PM

Probably not, unless you are really anal about cleaning and maintaining your chain. The 415ER is a non o-ring chain, so it likely will not do well if ignored.

TimO

Kevin2109
May 9th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Ok thanks guys :thumbup:

sowega
May 9th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I'm in.

Order
May 9th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I'm in.

:thumbup: Remember anyone who wants one needs to purchase via the link above, once enough people have the orders will be placed! I'll check with him in a few days to see how many have ordered.

Having seen this setup in action and the wheel spin, it's crazy why anyone wouldn't run this setup on the track.

Rexbo
May 10th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I'll order it tonite!

dino74
May 10th, 2011, 09:39 AM
FYI: Tim61's thread (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72339) on this conversion.

Nemesis
May 10th, 2011, 10:04 AM
For those who have ordered already please post up.

I'll place my order tonight as well.

So if we get 8+ peeps how much of a discount are we looking at?

Rexbo
May 11th, 2011, 12:41 PM
ordered!

sowega
May 11th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Just ordered mine.

kogary
May 11th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Okay, sorry in advance for the newb question, but as far as sprocket ratios go, is this pretty close to stock? Is this setup more so geared for short tracks or high speed tracks (e.g., would I start getting close to running out of gear on HPR's back straight away)?

Thanks!
-Gary

ztrack157
May 11th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Gary with the ratio on this setup you would likely not run out of gear. its like running a 44.5 (if it existed) rear sprocket with the stock front.

Order
May 11th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Gary with the ratio on this setup you would likely not run out of gear. its like running a 44.5 (if it existed) rear sprocket with the stock front.

:thumbup:

sowega
May 11th, 2011, 06:47 PM
What manufacturer/length chain are you using?

Rexbo
May 11th, 2011, 07:12 PM
hope its just not another online scam... tired of those

Order
May 11th, 2011, 07:48 PM
hope its just not another online scam... tired of those

Not a scam, it's legit! The link to Aftermarket Cycles (http://www.aftermarketcycles.com/street/kawasaki-motorcycle-parts/ninja-ex250/ninja-250r-415gp-sprocket-set.html) has Tim's (tim61 on here) bike with the Aftermarket Cycles logo on his bike with photos of the chain/sprockets on the bike!

I have plenty of posts here, on Kawi forums under the handle 'Order' and I post on my racing blog www.RacingOrder.com

After scouring the internet for a 415/428 setup for the 250R's and finding little to nothing. Tim did all the ground work/testing and offered up all the data for a sponsor to put together kits to sell. Since I really want one, I'm hoping others do too so I can get mine! I intend on doing a full writeup on my blog once I get it since I've been racing a 520 setup.

Nemesis
May 11th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Okay, I'm about to order this but I'm confused. If the group buy is directly to the e-commerce site where any individual can order and expect the product why do we need 8 peeps? And what happens if we don't get 8 peeps? No product? So we all get a refund?

And who is this "one of my sponsors"? Is it Aftermarket Cycles?

Dumb question here: Do I have to order the 140 links chain as well? I currently have the DID 520 Gold ERV3.

Sorry for the stupid questions but I'm lost on this group buy. I don't want to drop $166 and expect no product and fight to get my money back.

Order
May 11th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Okay, I'm about to order this but I'm confused. If the group buy is directly to the e-commerce site where any individual can order and expect the product why do we need 8 peeps? And what happens if we don't get 8 peeps? No product? So we all get a refund?

And who is this "one of my sponsors"? Is it Aftermarket Cycles?

Dumb question here: Do I have to order the 140 links chain as well? I currently have the DID 520 Gold ERV3.

Sorry for the stupid questions but I'm lost on this group buy. I don't want to drop $166 and expect no product and fight to get my money back.

I just called Mark @ Aftermarket Cycles (http://www.aftermarketcycles.com/street/kawasaki-motorcycle-parts/ninja-ex250/ninja-250r-415gp-sprocket-set.html) (that's the sponsor) to verify and he said no one will be charged until he has enough orders come in. If you have any questions you can contact him directly @ 586-524-7888.

Not a dumb question; you need to order the 140 chain as well, UNLESS you're going to buy 2 415 DID chains and rivet them together as they're not long enough if you only buy 1 online from other sites! I believe they're only 120 links each and that's TOO SHORT, so it's cheaper/easier/better to buy it with the sprockets.

Nemesis
May 11th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Gotcha. Thanks man.

I'll place an order but why does he have the product up on his site for purchase to begin with? Doesn't make sense. Sorry...I'm just thinking out loud here. LOL

EDIT: Order placed.

Order
May 11th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Gotcha. Thanks man.

I'll place an order but why does he have the product up on his site for purchase to begin with? Doesn't make sense. Sorry...I'm just thinking out loud here. LOL

Because he can easily put orders on "hold" until enough people order so he can place it. It's more professional to order through a website vs. any other method I can think of. I'm always leery of the typical; "Hey I have a great deal everyone paypal me $$$ and when I have enough people I'll order and send it to everyone..." -- that's sketchy, this way is far more safe/professional.

Bueller999
May 12th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Okay, sorry in advance for the newb question, but as far as sprocket ratios go, is this pretty close to stock? Is this setup more so geared for short tracks or high speed tracks (e.g., would I start getting close to running out of gear on HPR's back straight away)?

Thanks!
-Gary
Gary, I ran a 47 in the rear at HPR and hit 88 down the back straight, changed back to stock 45 and picked up 2 mph and did not run out of motor but I also liked the stock ratio around the rest of the track better.

They had a radar gun out there and the Ninja's were all around the 90 mph range with one @ 94.

Order
May 12th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Gary, I ran a 47 in the rear at HPR and hit 88 down the back straight, changed back to stock 45 and picked up 2 mph and did not run out of motor but I also liked the stock ratio around the rest of the track better.

They had a radar gun out there and the Ninja's were all around the 90 mph range with one @ 94.

I'm pretty sure Tim's bike according to his GPS topped out @ 102mph.

Bueller999
May 12th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I'm pretty sure Tim's bike according to his GPS topped out @ 102mph.

@ HPR?

We have full intact airboxes w/snorkel, pump fuel spec class racing @ 5000'

Order
May 12th, 2011, 10:30 AM
@ HPR?

@ Pacific Raceways

We're running pump fuel, no snorkel, jetted, full pipe.

My GPS claims I hit 102mph as well, but I'm only 150lbs. :)

Nemesis
May 12th, 2011, 11:14 AM
So we have 4 guys who ordered and need 4 more.

C'mon guys...jump on the band wagon or is it off the band wagon. I always get those mixed up. LOL!

So is there a deadline or is this gonna be a ongoing forever dragging until we get 8?

Order
May 12th, 2011, 11:32 AM
So we have 4 guys who ordered and need 4 more.

C'mon guys...jump on the band wagon or is it off the band wagon. I always get those mixed up. LOL!

So is there a deadline or is this gonna be a ongoing forever dragging until we get 8?

I posted on Kawiforums to see if a few of those guys jump onboard.

There isn't a deadline, but it didn't take too long to round up 4 so I hope it won't take much longer for the rest.

I'm certain once everyone gets their setup and realizes it's the real deal everyone who tracks/races will want it!

Nemesis
May 13th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Damn...I paid through Paypal and got charged.

http://notcapitalizing.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/doh.jpg

No worries, I'll file a dispute if this doesn't go through in 2 weeks.

dino74
May 13th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Can you run the 415 chain in the rain? Just wondering for that occasional track day when the sky is pouring.

tim61
May 14th, 2011, 08:49 AM
The gearing listed works real well on our track. I run a 150 rear and hit 102.5mph according to my GPX. I think I could possibly run one tooth smaller, but if you didn't get a perfect drive off every corner, it would probably slow you down.

The chain I am using is a D.I.D. 415ER. I am not sure which chain Mark is planning on selling with the "kit", as we are limited by readily available lengths. These chains are intended for RS125 and TZ125 applications, so they only come ina 120 pin length. It takes 138 pins for our bikes, so you end up needing 2 chains to make one. That gets a little spendy, as the chains are about $65 or $70 each. I know Mark is turning over every rock trying to find 140 pin length on a high quality chain for these kits. But, at worse, he is going to buy extra chains and assemble 140 pin chains himself in order to save you money on this kit.

I run mine in the rain without any problems. But, I take very good care of my chain. I clean it and lube it at the end of every race day. It is time consuming and makes a big mess when cleaning, but I feel it is worth it to have access to ALL available horsepower. The local suspension guru tells me Motorex chain cleaner and Motorex or Silkolene lube are the hot ticket. That is what I am using, and so far, no wear that I can detect.

Turn around on your orders is not really dependant on Aftermarket Cycles as much as it is on the supplier making the sprockets. And that supplier is limited by how quickly he can get the countershaft sprockets back from being case hardenend. So, I hope everyone will be patient while these are being made. In my opinion, the set-up is well worth the wait!

TimO

tim61
May 14th, 2011, 08:51 AM
@ HPR?

Might want to think about ordering a 55 rear and a 17 front as well. When I did the prototype set-up, I ordered these as extras, as in my experience at Miller, I will need the 17 front to make up for the HP I lose at altitude.

TimO

Order
May 15th, 2011, 10:46 PM
2 more and the order gets placed!!

Nemesis
May 24th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I'm giving this till June 1st and if it doesn't happen I'm disputing my charges.

Once you guys get 7 peeps let me know and I'll replace my order.

Order
May 24th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I'm giving this till June 1st and if it doesn't happen I'm disputing my charges.

When I spoke to Mark he'll refund anyone for any reason, no problem.

But I really hope a few more get on board with this, for as many threads I've found about the better chain/sprocket setup for these 250's I'm surprised more people haven't ordered.

Nemesis
May 24th, 2011, 11:45 AM
6 is not good enough?

ztrack157
May 24th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I've thought about ordering but I did the math and can't justify switching from my 428 setup.

tim61
May 24th, 2011, 01:05 PM

In that case, you should just ask Mark for a refund, and he will give you your money back ASAP. He is completely at the mercy of the machinist, who is at the mercy of the case hardener. This is all unobtanium for our bikes, so it is simply not possible to make it happen any quicker.

It took about 5 months to get the 2 prototype sets. So I admit that I was very patient. And I am certainly glad that I was. I love this set up, and no way in hell would I go back to the clunky 520!

TimO

Order
May 24th, 2011, 02:40 PM
6 is not good enough?

Unfortunately only 4 have actually ordered... slackers!

Nemesis
May 25th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Unfortunately only 4 have actually ordered... slackers!

4? Is that including yourself?

Last I heard they were machining the sprockets as we speak (or rather as I type this) for those who already paid.

Might want to check with Mark again and give us an update.

Nemesis
June 1st, 2011, 11:24 AM
Hello 415 Chain and Sprocket Orders,

I want to thank you for your order of 415 chain and sprockets from Aftermarket Cycles. We have 5 sprocket sets in production right now. My goal was to get 10 sets pre-ordered because of the price breaks but I also didn't want to make the 4 who did pre-order wait forever. Included in your chain purchases is a 415 Tsubaki SHT Hi-Performance Racing Chain that will be a great chain for your needs.

The reason I am emailing you is to let you know we have sourced DID415ER Chains (well known in the racing world for quality) and you can upgrade the chain for $50.00 additional. We are not making a dime off these chains because they are hard to get and I am going to have the vendor ship them directly to you guys.

If you are interested in the upgrade I need to have a ALL IN commitment because the vendor doesn't want to ship one at a time.

Call me if you have any questions and I hope this doesn't come across as trying to up sell to make more money because the only reason I am doing this is to help out my racers.

Mark Yeoman | Aftermarket Cycles | Seattle WA
W: www.aftermarketcycles.com P: 586-524-7888

Just got this via email.

$50 more for an upgrade chain even if you've already ordered a chain with your sprockets.

IndyTwoFiddy
June 1st, 2011, 09:18 PM
What does this do? Is it something for casual riders? I commute to work and ride on the weekends...thanks

SPG
June 2nd, 2011, 02:15 PM
No not for the casual rider. It is a nice performance upgrade, at the cost of slightly more wear on the chain and sprocket. Not worth doing for a street bike which racks up the miles. For a race bike which usually gets a lot of maintenance per mile, it is more easily justified.

As the "other guy" who took the plunge with Tim to try the protptypes out, these chains and sprockets are the nuts. If your rear brakes are set up to not drag, you can put the bike on a stand and the rear wheel spins freely. The factory chain will stop the rear wheel almost immediately. It's actually a pretty cheap way to free up some horsepower in a tightly regulated class.

As some readers on the Kawi Forums missed, the sprockets are almost the same diameter as the factory ones. The reason for the higher tooth count is that the teeth are closer together.

sowega
June 11th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Has anyone else who paid via paypal seen a ship date or anything?

Rexbo
June 12th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I emailed mark on friday and he said that the sprockets are out for hardening/plating right now. Not sure how long that means but thats last I heard.

SPG
June 13th, 2011, 08:34 AM
For what it's worth guys, Mark is a stand up guy and wants to get these kits out the door as much as you do. Having dealt with the vendor who is making the sprockets before, I know that there is not a lot of control over the production speed. The only thing I know for sure is that; 1) You will get your parts, 2) You will get them faster that anyone else will make them for you, and 3) If something goes sideways with the production (unlikely), Mark will make it good for you.

Give it a chance. You'll be glad you waited.
-Sean

aftermarketcycles
June 20th, 2011, 02:14 PM
415GP Customers:

Currently the sprockets are still being hardened and I have called the manufacturer several times to keep on them. Part of the game with custom manufacturing is I am at the mercy of them and they are at the mercy of their vendors for hardening.

Today I placed another order for 5 additional sets due to more orders for this kit. 2 sets are spoken for and 3 will be available as today so if you are reading this and are interested please place the order at www.aftermarketcycles.com.

The chains are in the shop and awaiting sprockets to ship. I assure you that you will all get your sprockets and chain and if you have any questions about this kit please call me directly at 586-524-7888.

Mark
Aftermarket Cycles

Nemesis
June 20th, 2011, 02:38 PM
415GP Customers:

Currently the sprockets are still being hardened and I have called the manufacturer several times to keep on them. Part of the game with custom manufacturing is I am at the mercy of them and they are at the mercy of their vendors for hardening.

Today I placed another order for 5 additional sets due to more orders for this kit. 2 sets are spoken for and 3 will be available as today so if you are reading this and are interested please place the order at www.aftermarketcycles.com.

The chains are in the shop and awaiting sprockets to ship. I assure you that you will all get your sprockets and chain and if you have any questions about this kit please call me directly at 586-524-7888.

Mark
Aftermarket Cycles

Thanks for the update and assurance.

assripp3r
July 20th, 2011, 08:20 AM
So here is the deal, I want a 415 chain/sprocket setup but it has to be a group buy so I'm hoping others here will buy into it. One of my sponsors will order if they can get ~8 orders.

This sprocket setup is race proven by tim61 on here. He's won all (4) 250 races with WMRRA this year. I believe the sprocket ratio is close to what you'd get with the stock 520 setup.

If you're interested, buy in and once ~8 are ordered they'll make a single order: http://www.aftermarketcycles.com/street/kawasaki-motorcycle-parts/ninja-ex250/ninja-250r-415gp-sprocket-set.html

EDIT: This setup requires the 415 chain, I highly suggest buying the 140 link chain! Otherwise you'll need to order 2 415 link chains from another site as they're only 120 links and rivet them together. It's cheaper/easier to purchase the 140 link chain.ill order one but im in canada so i cant make the order myself can you ship it to me? maybe COD or paypal? email is assripp3r@hotmail.com

Rexbo
July 21st, 2011, 07:54 PM
ill order one but im in canada so i cant make the order myself can you ship it to me? maybe COD or paypal? email is assripp3r@hotmail.com

Your email address is why I didn't even try to get a job with UPS. Just sayin...

Also, no update, no parts yet... comin up on 3 months

assripp3r
July 21st, 2011, 10:02 PM
Your email address is why I didn't even try to get a job with UPS. Just sayin...

Also, no update, no parts yet... comin up on 3 months

lol that was for paypal so you bill me now and i can buy when your ready

Order
July 21st, 2011, 11:33 PM
I spoke with Mark today and got the story behind what has been taking so long... Unfortunately the person who is doing the hardening isn't the same person who makes the sprockets and the order was screwed up after a long wait. They've dropped the business who was hardening them for one that has quick turn around. I've been told they should be complete in 7-10 days, this has been entirely out of Mark's hands and I ping him ~5 times a week to get an update. So I think he's tired of hearing from me, I doubt I'm the only person who's calling/texting about them.

Since I know Mark as he's local, I expect to get mine first and I'll post photos/details when I do. I'd expect everyone to have theirs shortly after unless local (Washington.)

aftermarketcycles
July 22nd, 2011, 10:53 AM
ORDER UPDATE:

We have the rear sprockets and chains at the shop and we are waiting on the counter shaft sprockets from the manufacturer who recently informed me that they made a huge mistake and built the wrong tooth front sprockets (that we have been waiting 6 weeks for hardening). I can not express the amount of frustration I have about this because all of you are waiting patiently and now we have to wait another 10-14 days for correct front sprockets to be hardened from a new source that the manufacturer is using. They made 10 front sprockets today and are sending to the hardener right away with a expected turn around of 10 days plus shipping time.

I am ashamed to even have the Aftermarket Cycles name on any of this because this is not how we do business. This has become a huge learning experience on getting custom parts made. I apologize for the wait and if anyone who placed an order wants a refund please call me directly at 586-524-7888 and we can take care if that right away no problem.

On a good note if this works and the new source for hardening can deliver we can get lots more of these made and quickly.

Any questions or concerns please call me directly!

Mark
Aftermarket Cycles

Rexbo
July 25th, 2011, 07:58 PM
appreciate the update... just hoping to get these on before racing starts back up in sept... haha i like to plan ahead

assripp3r
July 26th, 2011, 03:28 PM
ORDER UPDATE:

We have the rear sprockets and chains at the shop and we are waiting on the counter shaft sprockets from the manufacturer who recently informed me that they made a huge mistake and built the wrong tooth front sprockets (that we have been waiting 6 weeks for hardening). I can not express the amount of frustration I have about this because all of you are waiting patiently and now we have to wait another 10-14 days for correct front sprockets to be hardened from a new source that the manufacturer is using. They made 10 front sprockets today and are sending to the hardener right away with a expected turn around of 10 days plus shipping time.

I am ashamed to even have the Aftermarket Cycles name on any of this because this is not how we do business. This has become a huge learning experience on getting custom parts made. I apologize for the wait and if anyone who placed an order wants a refund please call me directly at 586-524-7888 and we can take care if that right away no problem.

On a good note if this works and the new source for hardening can deliver we can get lots more of these made and quickly.

Any questions or concerns please call me directly!

Mark
Aftermarket Cyclesso you didnt send me an price on paypal? why? cant you ship to canada?

Rexbo
July 26th, 2011, 07:54 PM
so you didnt send me an price on paypal? why? cant you ship to canada?

you should email/call him directly, you'll probably have more luck.

assripp3r
July 27th, 2011, 12:17 AM
you should email/call him directly, you'll probably have more luck.

I did already, if its the same guys here http://www.aftermarketcycles.com/ninja-250r-415gp-sprocket-set.html

aftermarketcycles
August 8th, 2011, 01:24 PM
UPDATE:

WHOOOOHOOO! Sprockets are being sent overnight to me tomorrow so pending any issues you should all have your chain and sprockets in the mail by this Friday.

Thank you for your patients and if you need anything else for your bikes please don't think of this transaction when considering average lead times ; )

assripp3r - I sent you an email responding yes I can ship to Canada and I should have enough to send you a set.

Call or email me if you have any questions,

Mark
Aftermarket Cycles

Rexbo
August 8th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Awesome, thanks for the update!

Nemesis
August 9th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Awesome, thanks for the update!

Cool!

Steve and I were just talking about this over the weekend. Can't wait.

assripp3r
August 13th, 2011, 12:35 AM
UPDATE:

WHOOOOHOOO! Sprockets are being sent overnight to me tomorrow so pending any issues you should all have your chain and sprockets in the mail by this Friday.

Thank you for your patients and if you need anything else for your bikes please don't think of this transaction when considering average lead times ; )

assripp3r - I sent you an email responding yes I can ship to Canada and I should have enough to send you a set.

Mark
Aftermarket Cyclescould you send me an email or bill it to me now through paypal assripp3r@hotmail.com my address should be on my profile

sowega
August 13th, 2011, 01:20 PM
UPDATE:

Mark
Aftermarket Cycles

Has anyone received anything or heard from Mark regarding this?

Rexbo
August 13th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Has anyone received anything or heard from Mark regarding this?

Nothin yet in the mail, but hopefully some goodies show up next week!

sowega
August 15th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Good luck with the sprocket/chains, fellas. I'm out.

Nemesis
August 17th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Um...anyone receive anything?

I'm starting to get really impatient now.

Rexbo
August 17th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I emailed him and heres what i got:

"Parts were going to ship Friday but supplier failed me again and his CNC Machine broke. I am mailing chains and front sprockets Wednesday so everyone has something and the rear I am going to ship asap. This guy is a complete idiot and I am taking the heat for it.

Mark "

Nemesis
August 17th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Mark just emailed me back right now and he said he's shipping it Friday. So, which is it?

aftermarketcycles
August 18th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Latest update

Here is the Timeline of this nightmare:
Proto's get made for racers
Place order for 10 kits told 3-4 weeks
8 weeks later still not made
New hardening company sourced
He shipped me rears - lost in the mail by USPS (August)
Needs to make new rears
Machine breaks down - Parts for machine not in until Friday 8-12
Shipped Fronts - (this week)
Needs to make new rears and will overnight

The guys machine was down, he was remaking the rear's yesterday and was sending overnight to me when he gets them done. I am truly dealing with the most unorganized, lack of professionalism, false promises shop on the planet. They have given me every excuse in the book and has tried to get out of making these. I have continued to deal with this guy because there are limited places that will make custom sprockets in the country.

As always if anyone wants a refund I am more than happy to do so......I will sell all of these because you all have seen what it takes to get them made. Keep in mind this is a completely custom setup.

Thank you for your patience!

Mark

aftermarketcycles
August 19th, 2011, 10:23 AM
In an effort to keep everyone some what happy I will be extending a 20% off on new orders until September 20th 2011 to any of you who had placed an order for the 415GP sprocket kit and your friends. If you see or need something for your beloved Ninja or anything else call me an I will get you pricing "NO CUSTOM PARTS" lol. We have or can get anything that is made in the industry.

Mark
Aftermarket Cycles

aftermarketcycles
August 22nd, 2011, 10:35 PM
UPDATE:

I have all the chains, front sprockets and rear sprockets and I will be shipping tomorrow to the following paid orders (who have been extremely patient thank you)

Steven D.
Jonathan H.
Adam G.
David K.
Kirk E.
Tim W.

Items will be shipping tomorrow for Steven and Jonathan others have been contacted about payment, confirmations etc.

Thank you all again for your patience and I appreciate the business,

Mark

aftermarketcycles
August 22nd, 2011, 10:52 PM
Looks like I will have 3-4 available for purchase first come first serve!

If you are interested (these may not be made again depending on demand) I do have these on hand no waiting

http://www.aftermarketcycles.com/ninja-250r-415gp-sprocket-set.html

Mark

Rexbo
August 23rd, 2011, 07:37 PM
UPDATE:

I have all the chains, front sprockets and rear sprockets and I will be shipping tomorrow to the following paid orders (who have been extremely patient thank you)

Steven D.
Jonathan H.
Adam G.
David K.
Kirk E.
Tim W.

Items will be shipping tomorrow for Steven and Jonathan others have been contacted about payment, confirmations etc.

Thank you all again for your patience and I appreciate the business,

Mark

Thanks very much for making this happen... after a while haha

Peanut_EOD
August 23rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
I'll buy a set If you still have a set already made.

aftermarketcycles
August 24th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Peanut_EOD - Place order online and I will ship out right away

Peanut_EOD
August 24th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Peanut_EOD - Place order online and I will ship out right away

Done!

Rexbo
August 25th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Got mine in the mail today, TBH I thought it wasn't gonna be everything because the box was so light... won't have time this weekend to try an install, maybe next week. Appreciate that Mark stuck with it and saw this through to delivery, I know 90% of the time on a group buy the end buyer gets the shaft.

Thanks!

Order
September 6th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Anyone interested take a look at my writeup with a weight comparison from my old 520 EVR3 and Pit Bull sprockets vs. 415 sprockets and DID chain.

http://www.racingorder.com/2011/09/2008-2011-ninja-250r-415-chain-sprockets-weight-comparison/

I wish I had my stock sprockets to weigh, there is a huge overall difference from stock > 415, even with mine it was over 1lb reduction.

Nemesis
September 6th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Yeah, I noticed a huge difference in weight savings: Stock sprockets & ERV 520 vs 415 chain/custom sprockets.

But like I mentioned in another thread, the chain stretched by an inch or more on top of the 1 inch free play. So, the chain was 2 to 2 1/2 inches loose. Scary cuz it looked like the chain was about to come off.

I hope it's a one time thing cuz I'd hate to have to check the tension every session.

I wonder if it's because the chains are Non-O-ring chain? IDK. Maybe Tim61 or Mark can shed some light.

Indetrucks
September 6th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I wanna order this set up, too late?
Who can I contact?

*EDIT*
Clicked the link, looks like it's $200 for the complete set up now?
How much was the group buy? Is there any chance to get it for less than $200 complete :(

Nemesis
September 6th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Call Mark and ask him.

Indetrucks
September 7th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Ordered today, would be RAD to get this in the next week or so for this months race.
I needed to order a 45T lightweight sprocket anyway and I couldn't pass up a weight savings like this.

Saving weight on rotating mass is golden.
They say it's like a 2.5:1 ratio
So 1lb shaved from rotating mass is comparable to shedding 2.5 lbs of dead weight.

Of course I've also heard of a 10:1 ratio as well as 4-5lbs for every 1lb of rotating mass shed.

Either way, I think it's well worth it if you're racing these little 30hp bikes.

dino74
September 7th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Where you able to get it cheaper than the website price?

Indetrucks
September 7th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Where you able to get it cheaper than the website price?

Ya know, I didn't even try.
I figured I'd be dropping $50 or so on a new lightweight 45T sprocket anyway. So what's $150 more for a lighter chain and front sprocket... lol

I also understand the little profit earned with small production runs for specialty parts, so I decided not to be a CAR.
Cheap
Ass
Racer

My only concern is the longevity of the sprockets. Since they seem to be "one off," I'm crossing my fingers they will be around when the time comes to replace.

Order
September 7th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Ya know, I didn't even try.
I figured I'd be dropping $50 or so on a new lightweight 45T sprocket anyway. So what's $150 more for a lighter chain and front sprocket... lol

I also understand the little profit earned with small production runs for specialty parts, so I decided not to be a CAR.
Cheap
Ass
Racer

My only concern is the longevity of the sprockets. Since they seem to be "one off," I'm crossing my fingers they will be around when the time comes to replace.

Chances are you won't need to replace the front and that's the one that takes longer due to hardening. The rear sprockets are much easier to get ahold of and 415 chains can be found in a variety of brands.

Nemesis
September 7th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Dang...you ordered one. LOL

Hoping I'd have an edge on you for this month's race.

Indetrucks
September 7th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Sounds good to me. I figure it's 30 HUGE hp coming outta these bad boys, so the bits should last a little longer than the liter bikes. haha

Indetrucks
September 7th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Dang...you ordered one. LOL

Hoping I'd have an edge on you for this month's race.

I'm hoping they're in stock like the site says :)
Dood, you got MAD seat time on me yo!

And I'll be racing other classes with a totally diff. bike.
So you got that!

Order
September 7th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I'm hoping they're in stock like the site says :)
Dood, you got MAD seat time on me yo!

And I'll be racing other classes with a totally diff. bike.
So you got that!

I picked mine up from Mark @ AftermarketCycles a few days ago in person and I know he has a few left....but once these are gone who knows when there will be another batch made.

Nemesis
September 7th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I noticed my rear wheel doesn't rotate in neutral any more after I adjusted the chain and lubed it.

Maybe the stretch has settled in.

Indetrucks
September 7th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I noticed my rear wheel doesn't rotate in neutral any more after I adjusted the chain and lubed it.

Maybe the stretch has settled in.

lol, that depends on how much you tightened it. :eek:

Order
September 7th, 2011, 08:27 PM

..yeah, what he said. If it doesn't rotate in neutral, you really over tightened it!

dino74
September 7th, 2011, 09:30 PM
How much chain slack is recommended for this setup? Same as Manufacturer?

Nemesis
September 7th, 2011, 09:38 PM

Um...yeah, about half an inch or slight more but no more than an inch slack. :D

Dean, you gonna make it out to Chuckwalla 9/23?

dino74
September 7th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Um...yeah, about half an inch or slight more but no more than an inch slack. :D

Dean, you gonna make it out to Chuckwalla 9/23?

Nah. Going to Vegas tomorrow and probably returning with a hang over :yuck: and an empty wallet :sad:

Nemesis
September 7th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Nice...I might hit up the casino this weekend too.

aftermarketcycles
September 13th, 2011, 08:37 AM
2 Sets LEFT IN STOCK -

Place order online to get before they are gone forever! (*dramatic music*)

Depending on demand of course

Shipped (3) orders today and you should have by end of the week or Monday next week.

Enjoy!

Indetrucks
September 16th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Got mine, looks great. Thanks!

aftermarketcycles
September 16th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Still have 2 more Front and REAR sprockets if your interested place order online

http://www.aftermarketcycles.com/ninja-250r-415gp-sprocket-set.html

copperaxe
September 27th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Soooo Tempting..... :cool: