View Full Version : Annie's first ride on her ninjette!

Alex
September 26th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Our 2008 is theoretically Annie's bike, but I've been the only one racking up the miles on it since we purchased it. But today, we had some kid-free time, and decided to go on a short motorcycle ride. As our little one just had his first birthday, that means this was the first day with her back at the controls in almost two years! :thumbup:

She said she was surprised it came back to her so quickly. Sorta like riding a bike. With a motor. :dancecool:

http://www.ciurczak.com/photos/380862465_hHjYa-L.jpg

http://www.ciurczak.com/photos/380861977_AZQ78-L.jpg

Rest of the pics are up right here... (http://www.ciurczak.com/gallery/6072431_jnkk9#380860418_f6nD6)

Annie
September 27th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Today was my maiden voyage on my new baby ninja! Since being pregnant and then taking care of a newborn (he's 1 now!) it had been about 2 years since I'd been in the saddle (as the rider, not passenger).

I don't have clear memories on the feel of my old baby ninja (2004), but the new one felt pretty good. I was amazed at how easily I could touch the ground! I'm not the tallest person in the world and seat height is always a concern for me. The new ninja, although taller in inseam specs, actually seems easier for me to touch the ground - BONUS!

We (Alex and I) didn't take a long ride. Initially, it was just around the block... then we went down the road a bit, U-turn, and home. Then I rode around the block without Alex so that he could get some "action" shots of me coming home.

Looking at the pics... I'm thinking a new helmet might be in order... the PINK clashes with the RED, but we'll see... The PINK helmet was a Christmas gift in 2006 - I was pregnant, but didn't know it yet, so the helmet hasn't gotten much use! Either that... or I guess I could get another bike that matches! :p

Doug
October 10th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Good for you! :clapping:

BlueTyke
October 17th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Looking good!! I clash with Tyke all the time, her blue me gray. From a female prespective it doesn't matter as long as your safe and having a great time! :)

kkim
November 10th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Today was my maiden voyage on my new baby ninja! Since being pregnant and then taking care of a newborn (he's 1 now!) it had been about 2 years since I'd been in the saddle (as the rider, not passenger).

I don't have clear memories on the feel of my old baby ninja (2004), but the new one felt pretty good. I was amazed at how easily I could touch the ground! I'm not the tallest person in the world and seat height is always a concern for me. The new ninja, although taller in inseam specs, actually seems easier for me to touch the ground - BONUS!

We (Alex and I) didn't take a long ride. Initially, it was just around the block... then we went down the road a bit, U-turn, and home. Then I rode around the block without Alex so that he could get some "action" shots of me coming home.

Looking at the pics... I'm thinking a new helmet might be in order... the PINK clashes with the RED, but we'll see... The PINK helmet was a Christmas gift in 2006 - I was pregnant, but didn't know it yet, so the helmet hasn't gotten much use! Either that... or I guess I could get another bike that matches! :p

Congrats, Annie. I wish you the best of luck with your new bike and "new bike" riding career. I think the pink matches just fine. :)

Annie
November 13th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks Everyone!

TheDuck
November 19th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Awesome! But is that riding gear or a snowsuit?

Thanks for the pics, and welcome! :)

kkim
November 19th, 2008, 08:32 PM

Thanks for the pics, and welcome! :)lol... Annie is Alexs' main squeeze... she sorta owns the joint. :o

TheDuck
November 19th, 2008, 09:00 PM
lol... Annie is Alexs' main squeeze... she sorta owns the joint. :o

Well, shows how much I know!

I'll just stick my head back under my gas tank and tear out my carbs again.

kkim
November 19th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Well, shows how much I know!

I'll just stick my head back under my gas tank and tear out my carbs again.

hey, the good thing is, we're all newbies here. :)

I thought you were going to say you were going to stick your head under your wing.

TheDuck
November 19th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Nah my head is too big... and unfortunately my wang is too small.

Alex
November 20th, 2008, 12:22 AM

:pound: Yup, it is snowsuit-like, but maybe not as much as a one-piece Aerostich, which does make you look like you just got off your snowmobile. Annie's wearing BMW gear. For quite awhile, BMW was one of the only companies that made gear tailored for women's sizes (especially small women!). That has changed a bit just in the last 2 or 3 years, so maybe the next time she goes gear shopping she'll have more options.

Annie
November 20th, 2008, 08:33 PM
lol... Annie is Alexs' main squeeze... she sorta owns the joint. :o

Main Squeeze? Joint? Next you'll be calling my husband a "haole" and our kid a "happa" :p

No, I'm not from Hawaii, but there are enough Hawaiians in the Bay Area, that you hear some of the slang.

Annie
November 20th, 2008, 08:35 PM
:pound: Yup, it is snowsuit-like, but maybe not as much as a one-piece Aerostich, which does make you look like you just got off your snowmobile. Annie's wearing BMW gear. For quite awhile, BMW was one of the only companies that made gear tailored for women's sizes (especially small women!). That has changed a bit just in the last 2 or 3 years, so maybe the next time she goes gear shopping she'll have more options.

Are you saying I can go shopping?

I remember a few years back when I got the BMW suit and you were upset over the $$$ it cost to buy the suit + liners.

kkim
November 20th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Main Squeeze? Joint? Next you'll be calling my husband a "haole" and our kid a "happa" :p

No, I'm not from Hawaii, but there are enough Hawaiians in the Bay Area, that you hear some of the slang.

lol... you need to hang out with a better class of hawaiians. :D

you're not from hawaii??? ... that's okay, I won't hold that against ya'. ;)

Alex
November 20th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Are you saying I can go shopping?

Of course! Now that we're keeping this bike for awhile, some ninja-specific gear should definitely be in the cards! (also, uh, you're the one bringing in the big $ :D)

I remember a few years back when I got the BMW suit and you were upset over the $$$ it cost to buy the suit + liners.

When we can either get 1 suit with liner, or 7 sets of trackday tires :eek: , you can see my apprehension. But the BMW gear does hold up quite well, seems to be awfully comfortable, and even holds its value reasonably well on the back end.