View Full Version : Rocking the Milk Crate

Yasko
May 16th, 2011, 08:12 AM
I have a few tank bags and tail bag, but I was curious to how many riders use the old trusted milk crate method????

Photos of you rig if you do please... I love the look...:thumbup:

MrBrownTX
May 16th, 2011, 01:11 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73143

The milk crate tail bag is in this thread... I knew I had seen it somewhere recently but when I found it I see you already found it too.

Indy250r
May 16th, 2011, 01:18 PM
What is this, the KLR forum? :happy60:

heylookitsfranco
May 17th, 2011, 01:10 AM
i've been tempted to strap a milk crate on the back of mine for so long... glad I'm not the only one who's thought about doing that lol

Snake
May 17th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I don't like the look but if you like it I say go for it.

"A"
May 17th, 2011, 05:37 PM
The 'primary' purpose of having luggage on a bike is to carry items on your bike.

Milk crate is lightweight, practical and secure on the motorcycle, when done properly. Likely it has more capacity and support/carry more weight than most if not all hard luggage cases that's attached to a bike with metal racks.

Bungee cords allow movement of the luggage itself, less likely to bend the sub-frame when you drop/crash your bike against the hard pavement.

Personally, spending $200, $400 or even up to $1000 for Corbin Beetle Bags for hard luggage that put 15-20 lb. on your bike but only rated to carry 30-40 additional lb. of items... not very practical for any motorcycle.