View Full Version : Scraping kick stand mount

cuong-nutz
May 19th, 2011, 04:23 AM
I was curious to know much of y'all scrape hard parts in turns? I was cleaning my bike yesterday and I found out that I had scraped my stock exhaust and ground my kick stand mount down. I then realized I almost low sided because of the kick stand mount at the track (thought it was just the peg feelers then). My new exhaust should alleviate the stock exhaust scraping but what can I do about the kick stand? I need my kick stand because my ninjette is not a dedicated track bike but commuter.

JS73
May 19th, 2011, 05:38 AM
If you can't remove it, you may just have to slow it down a tad for left handers. Be careful, that kickstand bracket can send you on a "ride".

The only other thing I could think of is having some sort of removable bracket made for your kickstand. Something you could bolt/unbolt form the bike so you could cut the stock one off. Just throwing out an idea.

Jinx250
May 19th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Stiffen up your suspension and work on your form.

kogary
May 19th, 2011, 09:53 AM
When I converted the bike to a track only bike, I chopped off the kickstand bracket. I was getting close to grinding a few times and I'd rather avoid low/high siding if at all possible.

If your bike is street/track, you can just remove the stand itself (keeping the bracket) and gain about 1/2 inch of clearance.

Bueller999
May 19th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Raise rear ride height. I did it for bike geometry problem but it would also add more clearance.

cynicalkit
May 19th, 2011, 10:33 AM
When I converted the bike to a track only bike, I chopped off the kickstand bracket. I was getting close to grinding a few times and I'd rather avoid low/high siding if at all possible.

If your bike is street/track, you can just remove the stand itself (keeping the bracket) and gain about 1/2 inch of clearance.

mine is now sawed off too