View Full Version : Complete Debadge?

frankfong
May 21st, 2011, 01:49 PM
I just finished debadging my Blue 04...well almost. The last remaining pieces are the racing stripes on the tank. It appears that these decals are underneath the clear coat. Has anybody had an success getting them off without stipping and repainting the tank? I think my bike looks so much cleaner now and I think it is slightly faster because of the lower weight!

Yasko
May 21st, 2011, 02:41 PM
Looks good to me...:thumbup:

FrugalNinja250
May 23rd, 2011, 07:28 AM
No way to remove the decals without repainting, mainly because even if you were super delicate and careful to only sand the clear and decal off, the basecoat would rapidly fail because all of the weathering/UV resistance was in the clearcoat. However, you could probably find some vinyl in a dark blue and cover the stripes with that, at least it wouldn't be so obvious that way.

TXJ
May 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Looks good as is, way better than with the stickers all over. You could shop around some hardware/hobby/online stores and see if you can find like colored tape. IMO though if you're not going to repaint it, I'd just cut to shape, and put on some reflective 3M tape. Since the lines are there to stay, might as well make them useful. :thumbup: