View Full Version : What was he thinking?!

Kevin2109
May 25th, 2011, 09:32 AM
This must hurt so bad! What was he doing? It makes me sad at the same time cuz the other guy crashed :(

MiUj4Tw0PQ8

bdavison
May 25th, 2011, 09:49 AM
His bike stalled...so he was holding his hand up to let the other riders know. One of the other riders clipped him as he went by, and knocked him off the bike...then it was chaos from there on out.

CmichRider
May 25th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Wonder what kind of damage was done to the guy...that's a devastating hit. I'm guessing at the least, broken ribs, limbs, and internal bleed. No way he was getting up and walking away from that. Videos like this need an update to let us know how things turned out!

Green Streak
May 25th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Yea, that looked really bad. I hope the guy turned out alright.

dino74
May 25th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Looks like his name is Tristan Lentink. I found this through google:
Latest update on Tristan Lentink his injuries are a broken pelvis, 2 broken upper-legs, many tore muscles in his right knee and life-threatening internal injuries. He remains in a stable but critical condition in a hospital in Groningen.

CC Cowboy
May 25th, 2011, 03:12 PM
This happened to Scott Russell at Daytona years ago. It's devastating.

Cazper
May 26th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah I was going to say as already stated looks like bike trouble... that does really suck, hope he recovers.

CZroe
May 27th, 2011, 02:53 PM
This must hurt so bad! What was he doing? It makes me sad at the same time cuz the other guy crashed :(

MiUj4Tw0PQ8

TWO other guys crashed. Hopefully, after the explanation, you feel bad for all three. It was just an unfortunate series of events.

Mizono
May 27th, 2011, 02:59 PM
holy crap that was a hard hit. I hope both he and the others involved recover.

Snake
May 27th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Wow not good at all.

phr3ek
May 27th, 2011, 07:58 PM
i remember that vid

3 bikes were involved

guy with hand up stalled, tristan
another behind him clipped tristan's right foot
then the 3rd guy ran tristan over

tristan suffered Broken pelvis, both femurs, muscles and ligaments torn on the right knee, internal injuries

also to kevin, race bikes have the bare essentials to make it run
there is no ignition, they have to be jump started by a wheel attached to a lawnmower engine

here's another POV
he's 1st row, 2nd column from the left

its weird how you dont get the sense of speed they're going at until you see how hard the bikes flip

uPODJwp2rmk

wEQFIQrVDBU

Alex
May 27th, 2011, 09:47 PM
also to kevin, race bikes have the bare essentials to make it run there is no ignition, they have to be jump started by a wheel attached to a lawnmower engine

Some racebikes have no starting systems onboard, but most of the production based classes still do. I had thought that all of the WSBK and WSS classes still had starter motors and still fit within the minimum weight limit, but I could be wrong. I think that Tristan's bike had a larger problem that prevented restarting, and at that point it's safer to put the hand way up to try and alert people.

00NissanNinja
May 27th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I saw that on Tosh.o just a few days ago. That really sucked, hope they all heal up well.

phr3ek
May 27th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Some racebikes have no starting systems onboard, but most of the production based classes still do. I had thought that all of the WSBK and WSS classes still had starter motors and still fit within the minimum weight limit, but I could be wrong. I think that Tristan's bike had a larger problem that prevented restarting, and at that point it's safer to put the hand way up to try and alert people.

all i know is all super-hyper-mega-race bikes cant be started w/o that thing i mentioned

i do know that some race bikes that race at local tracks do still have that push button starting system

Alex
May 27th, 2011, 10:08 PM
all i know is all super-hyper-mega-race bikes cant be started w/o that thing i mentioned

And what class would they run in? :p World Supersport (the class that the first video is from) is production-based, just like World Superbike that it's affiliated with. The WSS class runs 600's, the WSBK run's 1000's. They have production frames, production motors that have been breathed on a bit, but by and large are closer to a standard bike than one might surmise.

The last class for those super-hyper-mega that you speak of is MotoGP, which requires all entries in the top class to be prototypes, and in that case, they do not have starters on board.

Kevin2109
May 27th, 2011, 11:55 PM
i remember that vid

3 bikes were involved

guy with hand up stalled, tristan
another behind him clipped tristan's right foot
then the 3rd guy ran tristan over

tristan suffered Broken pelvis, both femurs, muscles and ligaments torn on the right knee, internal injuries

also to kevin, race bikes have the bare essentials to make it run
there is no ignition, they have to be jump started by a wheel attached to a lawnmower engine

here's another POV
he's 1st row, 2nd column from the left

its weird how you dont get the sense of speed they're going at until you see how hard the bikes flip

uPODJwp2rmk

wEQFIQrVDBU

Hmm see I didnt know that! Thanks for letting me know :thumbup:

The first video you posted made me cringe! hes moving so fast, o man

I hope there all ok! :(

skilletmo
May 20th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Is the track safer?:eek:
NVaWPU_k1iQ

Here it is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVaWPU_k1iQ), idk what i did!

Aurodox
May 20th, 2013, 01:46 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7xjjevoeE1rn95k2o1_250.gif

NVaWPU_k1iQ
FTFY

miss_syn
May 20th, 2013, 01:47 PM
NVaWPU_k1iQ

There's a Youtube format button that all you have to do is put the part after the equals sign in and it will fill it out.

kirk595x
May 20th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Good God man!!

Alex
May 20th, 2013, 02:20 PM
This was from the World Supersport (WSS) race at Assen in 2010, not MotoGP. Rider's name who was hit is Tristan Lentink, and he recovered to race again.

Another angle:

uPODJwp2rmk

Alex
May 20th, 2013, 02:23 PM
/merged

alex.s
May 20th, 2013, 02:33 PM

is riding on the track safer than riding on the street? yes.

is racing safe? no.

Gurk
May 25th, 2013, 07:18 AM

Yes. How long do you think it would take for an ambulance to come to the scene if something similar happened on street?

choneofakind
May 25th, 2013, 07:29 AM
^^ also, much more traffic would have potentially run him over/caused other accidents. In both directions.

Still a much more controlled environment than the street.

Aggrotech
May 25th, 2013, 09:07 AM
what actually happen to cause the fall? cant tell if he lost his footing on the right side of the motorcycle causing him to fall, or letting go with his left hand and tipping over that way

choneofakind
May 25th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Looks like he had technical difficulties, so he slowed and put up his hand to signal that he was going slower than traffic.

Then it looks like he got clipped by a passing rider.

Then he got hit.

allanoue
May 25th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Looks like he had technical difficulties, so he slowed and put up his hand to signal that he was going slower than traffic.

Then it looks like he got clipped by a passing rider.

Then he got hit.

:whathesaid: