View Full Version : A humbling experience.

gogoKawi
May 26th, 2011, 09:28 PM
All I could do was smile after seeing this vid. Made me think about my first track day. Oh, and pay attention to the other bikes on the track. :thumbup:

edwDCelsbqk

kkim
May 26th, 2011, 09:33 PM
is that you on the 6 being passed by 250Rs?

gogoKawi
May 26th, 2011, 09:39 PM
is that you on the 6 being passed by 250Rs?

It would be an honor to be passed by 250s like that. But sadly, it wasn't me.

I wouldn't mind going to Cali and hitting Thunderhill. That track looks like loads of fun, especially for the 250. :thumbup:

Cazper
May 26th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Looks like some really good riders... I wouldn't be embarassed by that. Ride your ride and the better you get at it the faster you'll get. I could only hope to get out on a track. Not sure if I'm ready for that or not yet... looks like fun though :thumbup:

KazMan
May 28th, 2011, 07:19 AM
The person with the camera is a friend of mine, he is a track day rider and commutes with this R6 everyday. The riders in the video on the 250's are some of the front runners in the AFM.

CC Cowboy
May 28th, 2011, 08:20 AM
I noticed the bike still had it's mirrors on. I don't like this for a couple of reasons:

You get nervous when you notice other bikes coming up on you. This could make you move into their path, could make you slow down too much, or could make you lose a mirror (or two).

lux
May 28th, 2011, 09:00 AM
The person with the camera is a friend of mine, he is a track day rider and commutes with this R6 everyday. The riders in the video on the 250's are some of the front runners in the AFM.
I smiled while watching this video too, and after reading the description and the comments. He's posted a video or two here, which led me to watching most of his other videos, and registering on BARF. Seems like a very nice and level-headed person. Please ask him to post more FNR videos. :D

gogoKawi
May 28th, 2011, 09:04 AM

That's awesome! I figured someone on ninjette would know the video creator or was probably riding on the track that day.

Bueller999
June 3rd, 2011, 07:00 AM
That is awesome lol. Our fastest guys could finish mid pack with the Novices on 600's on a 2.5 track with long straights. On open track days I pass some of the bigger (street) bikes and wonder if they know or if they even care that they got passed by a 250. I know a few have been surprised by it in the pits when they ask about the bike. :D

Alex
June 4th, 2011, 11:04 AM

That's awesome! I figured someone on ninjette would know the video creator or was probably riding on the track that day.

This is Solomon, right? He's a ninjette.org member (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/member.php?u=2412) as well.

Nemesis
June 6th, 2011, 10:10 PM
That guy got swarmed by 250s. LOL

binlagin
June 12th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Great video! Those are some amazing 250 riders there... but it's still pretty good example why you should learn on smaller bikes before getting on an 600+

bob706
June 12th, 2011, 11:24 AM
The guy passing at :47 - holy frickin hell! :eek: Great video.