View Full Version : Found new storage

alex.s
June 1st, 2011, 08:07 PM
OK, i'm sure i'm the only one who didn't realize you could do this, but when i figured it out i felt so dumb-struck that i thought i should share incase someone else like me didn't realize this...

you can fit tons of crap under your jacket... i mean TONS. carried 2 gallons of water back from the store with a completely full backpack (it had the food). :cool:

k-os
June 1st, 2011, 08:27 PM
Definitely depends on how tight of a jacket you have. I know for sure I wouldn't be able to fit anything close to that under my jacket.

Yasko
June 1st, 2011, 08:30 PM
I uses to do that, but now I keep my Cortech tail bag on all the time... I use the helmet lock to lock it to the bike...

kamikaze
June 2nd, 2011, 07:23 AM
I've started carrying my clear helmet shield in my jacket, in the little bag that came with the helmet but it's not exactly ideal. anyone know of a better way to carry a spare shield? don't have a tank or tail bag, and I don't want to carry a backpack just for that.

edit: just found this gem: http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street-gear/luggage/128228.php

Live2ride
June 2nd, 2011, 07:32 AM
OK, i'm sure i'm the only one who didn't realize you could do this, but when i figured it out i felt so dumb-struck that i thought i should share incase someone else like me didn't realize this...

you can fit tons of crap under your jacket... i mean TONS. carried 2 gallons of water back from the store with a completely full backpack (it had the food). :cool:

You probably looked like a really fat person, or an old lady with huge, saggy...you get the jist. I definitely don't have room for a gallon jug or anything like that, your jacket must fit huge on you. I can imagine riding down the road and watching a biker go down, then have 2 gallons of milk squirt out of his chest :rotflmao: (as long as he wasnt hurt of course). Imagine pulling up to a stop and another biker rides up next to you and says..."bro...your bikes leaking 2%". :lol:

Bosgarage57
June 2nd, 2011, 07:40 AM
If you can fit that much under your jacket you need a tighter jacket. Although it would be a nice way to cool off.

Liber
June 2nd, 2011, 07:58 AM
With my thorax/chest protector and back protector on, I barely have enough room to put my pistol under my left shoulder. Personally, I like my jacket to be as tight as possible without getting uncomfortable.

Jinx250
June 2nd, 2011, 08:25 AM
Your jacket is waaaay too big.

bdavison
June 2nd, 2011, 08:37 AM
And a lot of people dont know that on the new-gen, where the toolkit is...you can remove the toolkit keeper...a plastic piece, and it expands the storage considerably.

Live2ride
June 2nd, 2011, 08:46 AM
And a lot of people dont know that on the new-gen, where the toolkit is...you can remove the toolkit keeper...a plastic piece, and it expands the storage considerably.

That's what I did, I never store anything other than the tool kit, insurance info and a few fuses in it though. I don't understand why they would allow space for things to fall into the under tail / air filter area of the bike though, seems like a bit of a design flaw imo

Penguin250
June 2nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
That's what I did, I never store anything other than the tool kit, insurance info and a few fuses in it though. I don't understand why they would allow space for things to fall into the under tail / air filter area of the bike though, seems like a bit of a design flaw imo

Or the opposite, and give rodents a way to get up into it and nest... :mad::angry7:

blink
June 2nd, 2011, 01:43 PM
A sport backpack is PERFECT for me. They are nice and tight, amde of rugged material and hold up against rain. But when you need lots of room this backpack can fit a helmet plus a few little things.

http://www.google.ca/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1259&bih=823&q=puma+ferrari+backpack&gbv=2&aq=1&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=puma+ferrari+bac

HKr1
June 2nd, 2011, 01:47 PM
Top unzipped like you have big breast's?

CZroe
June 2nd, 2011, 02:07 PM
I have a nice, large jacket. I've carried home cat litter and dog food in it.

Havok
June 2nd, 2011, 02:28 PM

I have done this many of times, You can stuff so much crap in there its crazy, My jacket has lock down waist adjusters so i undo them cram as much crap in my jacket as i can then pull them tight, I look goofy as hell but it works lol.

Nice to see i am not the only one that after buying my stuff realizes it wont all fit in the back pack lol.

alex.s
June 2nd, 2011, 04:37 PM
I have done this many of times, You can stuff so much crap in there its crazy, My jacket has lock down waist adjusters so i undo them cram as much crap in my jacket as i can then pull them tight, I look goofy as hell but it works lol.

Nice to see i am not the only one that after buying my stuff realizes it wont all fit in the back pack lol.

Hahaha. exactly. my a* jacket is the smallest size i could get for my height, but is extremely adjustable. (yes yes, i'm tall and scrawny) most of the time its close to skin tight but expands about 2 or 3 waist sizes up. so a little unzip and pow, tons of storage. but yeah you nailed it... bought too much then tried to get it in the pack and it wasn't happening.

RedCromwell
June 3rd, 2011, 11:57 AM
I've only ever carried the Sunday paper under my jacket. And even then I found it too distracting while riding. I kept checking it to make sure it wasn't sliding out.

So, for a weekend fun ride, the only things I keep in my jacket are my phone, ipod, wallet, house keys.

During the work week I use an Ogio backpack for my commute to carry a change of clothes, laptop and my lunch.

headshrink
June 3rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
I would be lying if I said I never did it, but you really SHOULDN'T. Whatever is in your jacket might be in you if you fall.

CZroe
June 3rd, 2011, 07:10 PM
I would be lying if I said I never did it, but you really SHOULDN'T. Whatever is in your jacket might be in you if you fall.

I'm sure that I would rather land in a pile of dog food than most road surfaces!

NathanUc
June 4th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Funny related story:
Yesterday I was mad hungry after work.. I was tired of eating at the same places over and over so I took a 20minute-ish ride to Cheeseburger in Paradise. I went in, got my burger and walked out and realized.... I didn't have my backpack and I didn't have my tank bag..... and I was wearing my 1piece suit.... needless to say, it probably would have been smarter to smash the heck out of it and put it in the rear cowl rather than putting it in my suit.

Got home, the burger was in my knee and all squished :( It didn't get out of the bag or anything but the burger was a huge mess and less than enjoyable to eat

I'm going to write Alpinestars an angry email regarding lack of burger storage in these suits.

CZroe
June 4th, 2011, 08:50 AM
FAR too often I find that food items in my tank bag leaked all over even when in ssealed containers and wrapped in plastic bags. I pretty much have to stop carrying anything liquid and never carry the bag by the handle if there's anything greasy or saucy in there.

headshrink
June 4th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I'm able to stash my cover in the rear cowl.
I've thought of coming up with a mod that officially makes the cowl extra storage, like velcro straps, or flexible bottom piece....

CZroe
June 4th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I forgot to mention that I carry a Timbuk2 Hidden Backpack in my tank bag just in case. Only needed it once or twice before though. It actually barely holds as much as the tank bag so I usually use it to hold smaller things and make room in the tank bag.

I'm able to stash my cover in the rear cowl.
I've thought of coming up with a mod that officially makes the cowl extra storage, like velcro straps, or flexible bottom piece....

Wouldn't be able to lock your helmet anymore. :( Is it a half-cover or something? There is no way my cover could fit. Folded and rolled, it's about the size of the stock exhaust! That gives me another idea. Has anyone ever fabbed a second exhaust to use as stealthy storage? ;)

headshrink
June 4th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Yes, it's a 1/2 cover. I can't lock my helmet anyways with the cowl. I'm not sure why, but for some reason it only worked with the rear seat. I prefer to take with anyways.

CZroe
June 4th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Yes, it's a 1/2 cover. I can't lock my helmet anyways with the cowl. I'm not sure why, but for some reason it only worked with the rear seat. I prefer to take with anyways.

In early 2008 they redesigned the cowl with a notch for the helmet on one side. Does yours have this?

headshrink
June 4th, 2011, 08:35 PM
In early 2008 they redesigned the cowl with a notch for the helmet on one side. Does yours have this?

it does, but the cowl itself is to big for the ity-bitty helmet strap. It BARELY fits with the seat. (Arai Profile)

CZroe
June 4th, 2011, 11:21 PM
it does, but the cowl itself is to big for the ity-bitty helmet strap. It BARELY fits with the seat. (Arai Profile)

:confused:

It sounds like you are trying to wrap it around the cowl.

NathanUc
June 4th, 2011, 11:23 PM
:confused:

It sounds like you are trying to wrap it around the cowl.

You can buy extenders that allow more room tbh. I personally don't ever keep my helmet on my bike. Even with it locked I don't trust people not to be stupid and vandalize it/ steal visor.

TrueFaith
June 5th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I've started carrying my clear helmet shield in my jacket, in the little bag that came with the helmet but it's not exactly ideal. anyone know of a better way to carry a spare shield? don't have a tank or tail bag, and I don't want to carry a backpack just for that.

edit: just found this gem: http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street-gear/luggage/128228.php

I have one of these and it works great. You don't even know it's there.:

http://www.shieldsak.com/