View Full Version : sold the 250 and got zx6r

TXninjaGirl
June 2nd, 2011, 09:14 AM
SO I decided to sell the 250 and get its big brother into my garage! I bought a 2011 zx6r right off the salesroom floor.... and so far.... I LOVE IT!!!

KGar
June 2nd, 2011, 09:21 AM
Very nice machine. Gotta love the power increase too!

Live2ride
June 2nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
That's a sweet looking bike! I haven't seen the blue color scheme yet, I really like it! How do they compare in the twisties / feel of the bike?

TXninjaGirl
June 2nd, 2011, 10:09 AM
thanks guys!... I love the color scheme too but i cant wait to get those graphics off, im not a big fan on those... well ive only had it a day.. so not much twisties, lol.. beside i live in the heart of DFW it takes at least an hour in any direction to get close to "twisties" lol, but the power increase is great, I feel much more stable on it, and turns are easier too.. I did have it lowered though, because i'm pretty short and when i first got on I was almost not able to touch ground, lol, but now that its lowered im much more comfortable, I'm not gonna be going crazy on it yet, lol, i still have the break-in period, and it takes a little getting used to, coming from a 250 to a 600c bike, especially the way you sit on it, so different from a 250.. anyways..I love it all the same!!

Hitman
June 2nd, 2011, 10:23 AM
How much is it lowered? Did you lower the front as well?

bonbon76
June 2nd, 2011, 10:27 AM
Congrats!!! Great looking bike and car:)

Im a blue girl all the way too:thumbup: Best of luck with the new toy...

TXninjaGirl
June 2nd, 2011, 10:39 AM
All they did was add some lowering links to her... i believe it lowered it about 2 inches.. i can almost flat foot when i come to a stop.... i just wasnt comfortable not havin it lowered because oming to a stop, i would be leaning to put my foot down, and ushing up to take off... i love the way it rides and looks now.

cerberusrex25
June 2nd, 2011, 10:41 AM
http://zx6r.com/forums.php

Get there ASAP, this people are as awesome as the ninjette community and I have never been so welcomed in my life on a forum like I do here and on that site. sign up if you haven't already and make some new friends there.

If you haven't and are signing up just say cerberusrex referred you.

backinthesaddleagain
June 2nd, 2011, 12:15 PM
Looks sweet, good luck, and be careful.

clintalmighty
June 2nd, 2011, 12:38 PM
Props on the new bike! Got a final tally of miles on the 250?

ricochet08
June 2nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Congrats! that is definitely the sexiest blue scheme i've seen, i'm not much of a Blue fan but i'd rock that :D

Mizono
June 2nd, 2011, 02:38 PM
WHAT girl we havent even gotten a ride in for the DFW crew and yah upgraded???? LMAO its all good though. the bike looks gorgeous congrats. You still better come out on a ride with me and Linuss sometime

gogoKawi
June 2nd, 2011, 05:22 PM
http://zx6r.com/forums.php

Get there ASAP, this people are as awesome as the ninjette community and I have never been so welcomed in my life on a forum like I do here and on that site. sign up if you haven't already and make some new friends there.

If you haven't and are signing up just say cerberusrex referred you.

LOL. I was about to say the same thing. :thumbup:

Congrats! You will love your bike. It's an awesome machine.

TXninjaGirl
June 2nd, 2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks Everyone! This bike is really great, and of course it turns many heads! lol
cerberusrex25: thanks!! looks like a great site to join and learn all about my new baby :D
clintalmighty: well.. I had my bike for almost exactly a year, (it wouldve been 1 yr, June 16) .. and my total miles were ... drum roll please... 3,577.. i never felt comfortable on the highway with it, and i was driving 90 miles to then 90 from school 3 days a week for 2 semesters, so i drove my car alot, BUT with this one, itll be all highway for me!! lol:thumbup:
Mizono: yeah, im still down to ride, just have to actually be off work when yall go ride, let me know in advance if possible so i can maybe work something out :)

Liber
June 2nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
Mizono: yeah, im still down to ride, just have to actually be off work when yall go ride, let me know in advance if possible so i can maybe work something out :)

No S***. If they would put something together during the weekend I might even consider driving over from here to tag along. 10AM on a Wednesday morning? geez.

MikeCG23
June 2nd, 2011, 10:32 PM
I'm jealous! That's what I want to get next!

wtfh4xx
June 2nd, 2011, 11:47 PM
Damn.
Those look gorgeous next to each other ;)

alex.s
June 3rd, 2011, 12:00 AM
nice bike.

Mizono
June 3rd, 2011, 08:30 AM
No S***. If they would put something together during the weekend I might even consider driving over from here to tag along. 10AM on a Wednesday morning? geez.

LMAO well due to our jobs weekdays just work out easier. But we MIGHT be doing a ride next Saturday if i can slip outta the house for a few hours. TXninjagirl you let us know when your free and we can make something happen to get a ride in.

2fiddy
June 3rd, 2011, 08:35 AM
If you don't mind me asking, what did they give you for your trade?

TXninjaGirl
June 3rd, 2011, 08:44 AM
let me look at my schedule for next week and ill see when i can do anything, i work random days and hours so its kinda tough for me ...... They gave me $3200 for it, i thought that was a pretty good deal considering i probably wouldnt be able to sell it for much more than that, plus they threw in the lowering link and labor for free, it was a deal i didnt want to pass up :) lol

blink
June 3rd, 2011, 09:05 AM
Awesome bike! I was wanting to upgrade at the end of the season to a 2006 636 plasma blue zx6r! Just need to save up =[

Beatiful bike! Stay safe =]

Mizono
June 3rd, 2011, 09:18 AM
let me look at my schedule for next week and ill see when i can do anything, i work random days and hours so its kinda tough for me ...... They gave me $3200 for it, i thought that was a pretty good deal considering i probably wouldnt be able to sell it for much more than that, plus they threw in the lowering link and labor for free, it was a deal i didnt want to pass up :) lol

sounds good just let us know. I am out of town Wed and Thursday of next week but any other days I am good.

MrBrownTX
June 3rd, 2011, 11:24 AM
Looks awesome and I would say that trade in deal was very good.

tac12345
June 3rd, 2011, 08:36 PM
Congratz !

I need to save to get this bike ... hehe

rusninja
June 8th, 2011, 12:44 AM
my guess is its a v6 x] but i may be wrong :]

PsychoNinja
June 8th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Nice ZX6R! :thumbup:

I'm debating on either the Ninja 650R or ZX6R when I get my 250 paid off. I've sat on both and I am comfortable on both of them, just gotta decide what one to go with when I am ready.

Liber
June 8th, 2011, 08:55 AM
http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/2011-supersport-shootout-street-91040.html

Motorcycle.com seems to agree with your purchase.

Archerzz
June 8th, 2011, 04:56 PM
SO I decided to sell the 250 and get its big brother into my garage! I bought a 2011 zx6r right off the salesroom floor.... and so far.... I LOVE IT!!!

How do you like buying a new bike? As everyone I talk to says to buy new, just something about a bike being brand new and knowing that it wasnt abused etc.

I'm toying with the idea of going to a dealer at the end of the season and seeing what kind of deal I can get trading in my 250 on a 2011 ninja650.

Too40gawlf
June 9th, 2011, 08:59 AM
my guess is its a v6 x] but i may be wrong :]

Looks like it - doesnt have the GT foglights.

Besides, V6 Mustangs are girl cars :p

nebraskan
June 9th, 2011, 06:01 PM
awesome!

Too40gawlf
June 9th, 2011, 08:35 PM

Sick trade in value. However, I suspect they probably juiced the OTD on the ZX-6R. Would you be willing to share how much you paid for the ZX-6R?

rusninja
June 10th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Looks like it - doesnt have the GT foglights.

Besides, V6 Mustangs are girl cars :p

i thought cause of the bumper but the rims look the brembo package from the gt :cool: the v6 is a good car it has alot of power :thumbup:

TXninjaGirl
June 21st, 2011, 10:15 AM
actually yes it is a 2010 mustang v6... i bought it because at the time i was looking for a 2007+ used mustang GT but when i saw this on the lot i fell in love with it and had to have it!. The color is awesome and unique, and gets great gas milage compared to gt models. PLUS there are so many things that you can to do a base v6 model car. So far I havent touched the engine, but have spent around 7k on the interior and exterior to make it my own. Eventually i do want to put in a super charger, but for now, my car is my own and i wouldnt trade it for the world.:thumbup:

peachdiddy
June 21st, 2011, 10:20 AM
Beautiful bike! And a great choice, I might add.

rockNroll
June 22nd, 2011, 10:28 AM
Sweet ZX6R ....Yummy! :thumbup:

Snake
June 22nd, 2011, 02:02 PM
Great looking bike! I like the fact that you stuck with Team Blue.

rusninja
June 22nd, 2011, 05:17 PM
the only thing i dont like about supercharging the v6 is you cant get a root sc :{

jamesio
June 25th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Wow, that is awesome. I want the zx6 to be my next bike as well.

greatwhiteninja
June 26th, 2011, 08:31 PM
the new v6 stangs are like 305hp..not bad for a v6.. would probably beat most stock gt's up to early 2000's loL! nice bike btw!

LazinCajun
June 27th, 2011, 04:18 AM
I dont consider the v6 a mustang.

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/CertifiedTroll/god-haters-gonna-hate-eagle.jpg?t=1275182241

U5er
June 27th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Awesome bike! Of course the good paint schemes are never available in Canada. You have only been riding a year and already upgraded?

I hope you are not over confident. As soon as I became like that, I crashed my machine and my ego. Stay safe!

ultraquick1
June 27th, 2011, 05:03 PM
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/CertifiedTroll/god-haters-gonna-hate-eagle.jpg?t=1275182241

Man let a hater do they muthafu@#ing job,(Katt Williams):angry7::director:

ninja3575
June 28th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Good choice !! I also upgraded my 250r and got an 09 zx6r.. you'll love the bikes extra power and handling... be careful out there :thumbup:

ninja3575
June 28th, 2011, 12:51 AM

Ok... so what do you say to the guys that say the 250R's not a real motorcycle? Not trying to pick a fight... just messin with ya... :D

fyv0h
June 28th, 2011, 09:22 AM

I didn't either, until one walked my fox 5.0. And used less gas than me doing so.

fyv0h
June 28th, 2011, 09:48 AM
I've spanked them in my impreza outback sport I used to have numerous times... to the point it made me wonder if they knew they did not have the real mustang when they initiated the race.

new 305HP v6? or that tired old 190(3.8L)/210(4.0L)HP V6? That's an ungodly difference. I'd run the old 3.8L with my little cousin's BMX. The 2011 V6 is a beast, and judging by the "used to have" statement, one can assume that you didn't run a new sixer. The new ones make me ashamed to own the old 5 liter.

fyv0h
June 28th, 2011, 04:37 PM
the old one, which is what the picture is in this thread.

she DID say 2010 didn't she? I stand corrected, oh master of reading all relevant posts. :imsorry:

I hold the position on the 2011 V6 though. Effin spectacular.

GeorgiaHooligan
June 28th, 2011, 04:46 PM
First off just wanted to say I love Texas women (from tx originally) and I love the new zx6r. Congrats!! I cant wait until the winter, Green zx6r for me, Id like to find a 636.

pucktoplay1
July 1st, 2011, 07:01 PM
:focus: Sweet bike! I'm jealous. I'm going to be looking at getting a ZX-6R soon as well. If you don't mind me asking, what was the OTD price? I just want to get a sense of how much dealers are willing to negotiate these days. :confused: :focus:

TXninjaGirl
July 8th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Ok... so what do you say to the guys that say the 250R's not a real motorcycle? Not trying to pick a fight... just messin with ya... :D

I agree with him, but I'm not messin with ya. The v6 is a very practical car. And there is nothing wrong with making my car look the way I want. Should I just have bought a POS car instead of a v6 just because I cant afford a GT and the insurance? Thats about the dumbest thing I've heard. Beside what do you drive drsketch? A 250 and ...? I got tired of people telling me the 250 wasn't a real motorcycle, even though I know better, you're being a hypocrite by saying the 250 is a motorcycle but then going out and bashing people for "not having a REAL" car. Shame on you!

TXninjaGirl
July 8th, 2011, 08:12 AM
:focus: Sweet bike! I'm jealous. I'm going to be looking at getting a ZX-6R soon as well. If you don't mind me asking, what was the OTD price? I just want to get a sense of how much dealers are willing to negotiate these days. :confused: :focus:

Well, i got them down a bit on the bike... I got it down to $10500 OTD, when they wanted $11500 OTD.. I'm not sure i got a great deal, but hey, I wanted the bike lol.

greatwhiteninja
July 8th, 2011, 08:28 AM
they have the 2011 zx6r at my local powersports store for a little over $7k brand new! im sure they may be able to be talked down a little from there even. not sure if there trying to get the 2012's in or what. they have a black one and a blue one.. well that was a week ago they did anyway.

clintalmighty
July 8th, 2011, 09:43 AM
they have the 2011 zx6r at my local powersports store for a little over $7k brand new! im sure they may be able to be talked down a little from there even. not sure if there trying to get the 2012's in or what. they have a black one and a blue one.. well that was a week ago they did anyway.

Buy it! lol

greatwhiteninja
July 8th, 2011, 11:17 AM
ill wait till dead of winter and see what there going for :)

clintalmighty
July 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
ill wait till dead of winter and see what there going for :)

Good move if they still have a couple left! :thumbup:

clintalmighty
August 21st, 2011, 04:42 PM
found your bike on CL

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/mcy/2549495792.html

TXninjaGirl
September 3rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
yeah, ive run into some un forseen finacials, so ive got to sell it :( but i love my bike, ill eventually buy another after i save up again in a year or two :( sad to dee it go, but some things just cant be helped

clintalmighty
September 4th, 2011, 11:18 AM
yeah, ive run into some un forseen finacials, so ive got to sell it :( but i love my bike, ill eventually buy another after i save up again in a year or two :( sad to dee it go, but some things just cant be helped

:(

Lil_Green_Demon
September 10th, 2011, 10:13 PM
:( I wish I could buy that bike off of you. It's so nice looking!
GL with the sale.

coondog
September 12th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Finest bike in the world for under $10k ($9999). And best performing half-litre. Grow into him.