View Full Version : So cal meet and greet?

Kevin2109
June 4th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Ken has been talking about it for a while, so I'll just start it :p

I think we should have a socal get together! There seems to be many socal guys and girls out here. It would just be a meet up and BS about bikes and whatever. And maybe go for a group ride after!

Whos in? And I'm always flexible where to meet up, I love to ride :thumbup:

Havok
June 4th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I am up for it, most will depend on how comfortable sharon is on the bike, if she is good then we will come on both bikes if not we will ride 2 up there, but i am always down.

Cazper
June 4th, 2011, 11:37 PM
You know I'm always down too as long as I don't already have something going on the same time you plan it... as far as I know (unless wifey reminds me of something else) I just have duty on the 18th of this month... and rifle range all next week... so other than that... I should be good :thumbup:

Kevin2109
June 4th, 2011, 11:45 PM
You know I'm always down too as long as I don't already have something going on the same time you plan it... as far as I know (unless wifey reminds me of something else) I just have duty on the 18th of this month... and rifle range all next week... so other than that... I should be good :thumbup:

I wanna shoot guns! :D I miss Oregon lol

And as this gets more interest we can start talking about a date

KJohnson21
June 7th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Awesome, thanks Kevin! :thumbup:

Unfortunately, I'll be out of town until the end of next week. So I'll probably miss the first one. :(

Havok
June 7th, 2011, 05:46 AM
What about 4th of July weekend? The 4th is on Monday what about Saturday the 2nd or Sunday the third. We can have a BBQ/hang out/ride kind of thing. We can either puck a spot at the beach and get a pit for a fire or chill at someone's house. I wish I could host so I kind of feel like a douche/leach trying to set one up.

TeamGreen
June 7th, 2011, 11:35 PM
I'm down. Too bad I missed the last tech day looks like you guys had fun.

Kevin you get your bike all sorted out?

Kevin2109
June 7th, 2011, 11:45 PM
What about 4th of July weekend? The 4th is on Monday what about Saturday the 2nd or Sunday the third. We can have a BBQ/hang out/ride kind of thing. We can either puck a spot at the beach and get a pit for a fire or chill at someone's house. I wish I could host so I kind of feel like a douche/leach trying to set one up.

That works for me, I'm lost on your last statement though :confused:

I'm down. Too bad I missed the last tech day looks like you guys had fun.

Kevin you get your bike all sorted out?

Yup bikes all good now, the runners to the pod filters got pinched and restricted air flow. Shes all happy now :thumbup:

Havok
June 8th, 2011, 01:32 PM
That works for me, I'm lost on your last statement though :confused:

Yup bikes all good now, the runners to the pod filters got pinched and restricted air flow. Shes all happy now :thumbup:

What is to be confused, i want to help set one up but since i cant host and we are looking to just hang out i feel like a douche trying to get someone to host it lol. Beach would be fun, BBQ at someones house would be fun

Keven you have to hit the next one up for sure.

Cazper
June 8th, 2011, 02:42 PM
I might possibly be able to host... my place isn't huge but I can definitely BBQ and I would have to look at the restrictions but there is a community pool right behind my house. Also, the beach isn't too terribly far from my place... if we wanted to we could ride down there together... just a feeler and I would have to ask the wife, but I know amount of people might make a difference. :idunno:

HypnoKhaos
June 11th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Let me know. I am always down so long as that thing called work isn't interfering with riding

Havok
June 11th, 2011, 09:58 PM
beach or house it all works for me.

TeamGreen
June 12th, 2011, 10:36 AM
beach or house it all works for me.

If you guys want to do beach/bay and we have enough notice I can bring the jetskis out for some water moto. Mission bay is my usual spot.

Kevin2109
June 12th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Keven that would be legit!
Posted via Mobile Device

Cazper
June 12th, 2011, 03:35 PM
That would be awesome! That's better than what I could do... I'm in! :thumbup:
Posted via Mobile Device

Cali619
June 13th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Im following the thread to see if I can make the meetup date and place once its determined.

Havok
June 13th, 2011, 04:54 PM
If you guys want to do beach/bay and we have enough notice I can bring the jetskis out for some water moto. Mission bay is my usual spot.

Ok so beach at mission bay works for me lets get a date set and get it going, Ill pick up some of the grub, figure we can do the normal burgers/brauts/sausage perhaps some carne asada and the like grill and chill on the beach, ill get some of the food and drinks.

Kevin2109
June 13th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Yes lets get a day together so I can make sure I have it off! And what do you guys need me to bring?

phr3ek
June 13th, 2011, 05:01 PM
so the plan is day at the beach, BBQ, and rides?
or just beach and BBQ?

speedgsx98
June 13th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Haha Keven...you are my new best friend. I live in Pt Loma myself on Shelter Island. Not too far from Mission Bay as you know.

Havok
June 13th, 2011, 05:10 PM
so the plan is day at the beach, BBQ, and rides?
or just beach and BBQ?

beach, BBQ, Rides, Jet skis, Frisbee, football etc. Bring the family out invite friends what ever, lets just have a kick ass time at the beach!

HypnoKhaos
June 13th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Let me know the day. Phr3kevin we can ride down.

phr3ek
June 13th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Let me know the day. Phr3kevin we can ride down.

i see what you did there :eyebrows:
no problemo
might invite my friends in san berdukie, riverside and ontario if they got nothing planned

TeamGreen
June 14th, 2011, 11:14 AM
There's two places i'm debating.

There's the 'jet ski area' on fiesta island.
Pros: park right on the sand near the water (maybe not so great for bikes), less water patrol (cops, lifeguards, a-holes), fire pits. Calmer water. Easier to keep tabs on people riding in case the ski takes a poo.
Cons: smaller riding area, no grass. Have to be careful walking around lots of **** in the sand, nail and glass, etc. Porta-johns.

There's also crown point/ski beach.
Pros: right on the wide open bay. Grassy areas. possibly bathrooms.
Cons: water cops, rougher water, sometimes a bit chaotic on weekends.

Also, just so everyone knows up front there is no fun allowed on city beaches or parks anymore. No drinking no smoking so. I'll usually have a couple beers (keep it low key) and no problems yet. Anyway, either way works for me.

Dates? 4th of july weekend is no good. Could possibly do the weekend after (9th or 10th). Weekend of the 16th is my b-day so no-go then.

Cazper
June 14th, 2011, 06:28 PM
I already have something going on the 1st and the 10th... the 10th is the b-day party for both of my sons... I can't miss that... mama would kill me. I'm not sure about the weekend after but Keven already said no to that one... not sure :noidea:

Ambar
June 14th, 2011, 06:43 PM
soo the 23rd then?

Ambar
June 14th, 2011, 06:44 PM
lulz ambar is logged into my computer

Cazper
June 14th, 2011, 06:57 PM
And apparantly still is :rofl:

phr3ek
June 14th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Twilight zone!!

TeamGreen
June 17th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Any more feedback on dates gentlemen? July 23rd or 24th? I hope this overcast crap weather goes away...

Nemesis
June 17th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I hope this overcast crap weather goes away...

Are you kidding me? I rather be nice and cool riding than hot & sweaty. :p

Kevin2109
June 17th, 2011, 02:28 PM

True that :P

And I have to give my work a two weeks notice if I want to take a Saturday off (I can do a week, but two is better)

Nemesis
June 17th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Where and when are you guys meeting at? If it's in O.C. then I may swing by.

Cazper
June 17th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I personally would prefer a Sat. only because then I can stay longer and relax on Sunday. I suppose I could always take Monday off as long as I get enough notice ahead of time... but I vote for Sat. :thumbup:

TeamGreen
June 17th, 2011, 05:13 PM

Normally i'd agree, but we're planning a day at the bay so bring on the sun and warm water.

Sat or Sun is fine I just need about 2 weeks notice or a shift trading miracle.

Havok
June 25th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Normally i'd agree, but we're planning a day at the bay so bring on the sun and warm water.

Sat or Sun is fine I just need about 2 weeks notice or a shift trading miracle.

Sat or Sun is good for me as well. I am in vacation so either or. Let's get a date set and rock it.