View Full Version : BOTM Section?

Cazper
June 5th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I tried to do a search to answer my question but didn't really come up with anything... I was wondering if a Bike Of The Month section has ever been discussed on here before? I know that a lot of other Forums do it (not just bike forums there are car forums that do it too) so that the members could compete for honors and be voted on by the other members.

Obviously if this is not something that is of any interest to anyone that so be it... I just know on some of the other forums 250's don't have much of a shot to win, but obviously here every month one would win and it's an opportunity to both showoff and to get ideas from those that have heavily modified bikes!!!

Anyway, thats my suggestion for today :thumbup:

ztrack157
June 6th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I've seen them win on kawiforums before.

Personally I am not for a BOTM on this site. BOTM generally boils down to who throws the most money at their bike (not the point of the 250). I had suggested a bike of the year deal a while back to alex but now I wouldn't do one.

Cazper
June 7th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure I believe that it would turn into a "who through the most money into their bike" problem... there are a lot of bikes on here that have really tastfully done schemes that maybe didn't drop a ton of money into their bikes.

Also, not sure what you mean by "not the point of the 250". In my opinion every type of vehicle out there has followings and there are just as many people out there to personalize or customize their particular vehicle and just as many people to check them out and use some of their ideas for their own.

Don't get me wrong Matt I don't mean to just bash your response as I feel you are a very reputable member on this site and I respect what you bring to this forum with your knowledge and products... I'm just sayin that I think it would be a very usable feature here to "showcase" 250's that people have put a lot of time and effort into. If I am truly wrong so be it... seems noone else is very enthusiastic about it anyway.

CynicalC
June 9th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Well you overlooked the most important part of this, which would be volunteering to do all the work. It's not really as simple as just adding a section and letting it fly. Someone has to draw up rules, moderate, sort the entries and standardize them and then post the poll, announce the winner and then start over again. Then you can worry about other things mentioned.

TnNinjaGirl
June 9th, 2011, 01:54 AM
We have the splash screen that shows off member's rides. I think that is a nice touch already.

Cazper
June 10th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I agree that it's a nice touch... there are a few problems with it though... first, it doesn't tell you anything about the bike or the owner. Secondly, it's completely random... no telling what is going to come up. Third, if you are like me I have my browser set up to come straight to the forums... I don't even ever see that page unless I purposely go up and go to the main page.

Again, if the powers that be don't think it's a good idea... so be it. Just still haven't heard or come up with a viable reason why not... as for moderating it... that would be up to the admin and moderators here... if I were staff on here I would be willing to do it... just sayin' :idunno:

00NissanNinja
June 10th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't mind it...Its pretty cool some of the time. ztrack is right that sometimes it comes down to a money fest but sometimes the really clean bikes win too.

Alex
June 10th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Appreciate the suggestion. Not going to happen any time soon.

Cazper
June 10th, 2011, 10:33 PM
...Not going to happen any time soon.
Any chance of elaborating on this... if need be it could go to PM's :idunno:

Alex
June 11th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Any chance of elaborating on this..

No. :D

Cazper
June 11th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Fair enough... you are after all "the boss" :yield:

greatwhiteninja
August 13th, 2011, 09:49 AM
it would be a good idea.. not even so much who has the most $$ in a bike but it also plays into consideration the member, how much he or she contributes to the forum. can be setup were a fellow ninjette member has to nominate another member, then you have "x" amount of days to post your best pic.. would be a good idea and fun thread .. +1 for me voting for there being a BOTM or ninjette of the month thread ;)