View Full Version : Dragon Run

TnNinjaGirl
June 16th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I'm headed up to the Dragon this Saturday early in the morning. For anyone who wants to join oroboro and I will meet you at 6am at the overlook. Hope to see you there!

ally99
June 16th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Bummer! Hubby and I are heading up there in a couple of weeks. Sure wish the timing had worked out! Have a wonderful time! Allyson

TnNinjaGirl
June 26th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Drew (oroboros) and I met up at 6am at the overlook. The roads were clear up and back. We ran the Gap a couple of times and then headed on our separate ways. I had a great time following Drew around (he's pretty dang fast!). Hopefully we can get some more locals up there next time. Also, The August 4th group ride should be awesome!

Snake
June 26th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Sounds like you guys had fun. I would love to try and conquer the Dragon if I didn't live so far away.

TenaciousD
June 27th, 2011, 09:31 AM
I'm about 12 hours from the Dragon. Have been there several times in my cars but really want to get up there with my Ninja. 6 AM is never going to happen, though!
Before I get too old to enjoy it, I will live near the mountains... Florida sucks.

Jesse8931
June 27th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Its real scary when you see them medivac some one out

GeorgiaHooligan
June 28th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Iv heard the Dragon isnt what it used to be. Over saturated with cops .

Bosgarage57
June 28th, 2011, 05:35 PM
we were up there late satuday. About 4:30ish. Yes it is over crowded. ALWAYS get behind a stinking harley weekend warrior just putt putting along. Thats what pull outs are for people! buy saw 2 cops saturday, I went a few weeks ago on a thursday and seen NO cops, so its best to go during the weekday if you can. I MUCH prefer the foothills parkway or the skyway. Also out of hotsprings NC going into Asheville NC there is a small winding road, about like a mini dragon. Much better roads around here then that one.

ally99
June 29th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Iv heard the Dragon isnt what it used to be. Over saturated with cops .

Yup. Cops that will pull you over clocked at 40mph in a 30. Thanks.