View Full Version : Orlando FL (Central Florida)

matha028
June 20th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Hey guys, I am in Orlando and looking for some other ninjettes to ride with. If you are from Orlando are you know Sanford to Clermont Apopka Kissimmee you know the area lets chat and set up some rides.

Vampyre
June 20th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I have a ninjette. I just met up with some folks that meet at the Steak n Shake near Aloma and 436 on Thursdays (they have all sorts of bikes, and were very welcoming). I am always looking for a reason to ride though.

Vampyre
June 20th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Off tomorrow for my b-day I might add, but I have to go to Kissimmee Motorsports to get an estimate on crash damage from a cager that happened last week.

matha028
June 20th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I'll be calling KMS to order some parts for my bike. I dumped mine Friday. Need a few parts to start riding again. What area is Aloma 436? Is that near full sail? That's not to bad of a ride. I can't ride tomorrow my bike is busted. I'm hoping to get The parts to fix it by Friday, and then be back on the road with it this weekend

Vampyre
June 20th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Yeah near Fullsail. I dumped mine last Thursday, but it is completely rid-able and you can't tell from 5ft away, but there are some scratches on some parts. At least it wasn't my fault. Have an appt for the repair est. tomorrow at 9, but I already have most of the repair parts.

matha028
June 20th, 2011, 08:29 PM
I need a new gear shifter, and signals. I think I'm gonna get the protons, and use my right front signal for my back left for a couple of week until I can get the tail light with led signals in it. Then save some money for fender eliminator. I will have to just deal with scratched plastics rather than get the insurance company involved.

Vampyre
June 20th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Hers will be footing this bill.

matha028
June 20th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Lucky you. I dumped mine on some dirt in the road as I was turning into my house. U better bet, I called the county and demanded a street sweeper come get that crap out of the road. So it sux all around. Once mine is back on the road, I'll be looking for a group. My friend has a 250, but she is out of town for a bit. So I can't ride with her.

Vampyre
June 20th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Not completely lucky. It was only 3 weeks old. I think I will continue to show up ant the Thursday events as they are so close to my house, but I am always willing to ride with another 250 rider. Hit me up when you get it fixed and are ready to cruise around.

sombo
June 20th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I gotta get some things done to my pre-gen before I ride it again. Like new right handlebar, helmet lock (not essential to riding but need to replace it anyway), carbs need retuned after KSM messed them up. It also needs a new cam chain put in, as well as new exhaust gaskets, the horn doesn't work, high beam pops the fuse, and now my neutral indicator died so it doesn't know it's neutral electronically speaking. *Sigh* I need about as much work as the bike is worth at this point. :(

I can still ride it though, but really want to get this laundry list of stuff done to it soon. She's my baby and I gotta get her healthy. Just need the money to do so. Don't suppose anyone knows someone who's looking for a project car to work on? Say a 1990 Corvette for $3000 OBO? (yah not the place for it, I know lol) :D

lonewolf05
June 21st, 2011, 05:11 AM
Adam is youre rear fender stock still? I was gonna say you could just dremel it down, there is a diy on here. If we were to do a meet sometime i have a dremel too if you dont have one

caps
June 21st, 2011, 10:13 AM
Adam is youre rear fender stock still? I was gonna say you could just dremel it down, there is a diy on here. If we were to do a meet sometime i have a dremel too if you dont have one

we need a Central Florida Dremel Day!

lonewolf05
June 21st, 2011, 10:56 AM
Lol yea, what a way to kick off and meet eachother
Posted via Mobile Device

areifel
June 21st, 2011, 11:23 AM
Hey guys, I am in Orlando and looking for some other ninjettes to ride with. If you are from Orlando are you know Sanford to Clermont Apopka Kissimmee you know the area lets chat and set up some rides.

i am in clermont!

Reddoak
June 21st, 2011, 12:24 PM
I don't have my 250 any more, but would still like to ride with people here.

caps
June 21st, 2011, 01:17 PM
As long as your not in the Mazda... I don't feel like looking at tail lights the whole time...

matha028
June 21st, 2011, 04:31 PM
I do still have a stock fender, prob a couple months. Not sure I want to dremel it. I will be upgrading my tail light to the one with integrated turn signals then investing in a fender eliminator kit. After that look for a fender on ebay. LoL Gonna try to sell what I can to recoup some money. Actually debating flush mounts for the back also. Not sure. I work with LED lights for a living, so I might try to deck it out without making it tacky.

caps
June 21st, 2011, 05:08 PM
Spoooph has some cusom led turn signals I think you might be interested in. Lemme see if I can find a link for ya.

caps
June 21st, 2011, 05:11 PM
Vex's: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71441
Spooph's: http://www.newninja.com/forums/f98/spoophs-take-on-travistys-take-on-flush-mount-turn-signals-5683-2.html

matha028
June 21st, 2011, 05:22 PM
thats alot of work. I think ill buy aftermarket parts.

caps
June 21st, 2011, 06:02 PM
It is, but if you can help me with the leds I can help you with the install.

matha028
June 21st, 2011, 06:14 PM
my LEDs are on christmas light strands. LoL not raw like that. I'm hoping my bike is back on the road by this weekend. and i am working in kissimmee saturday. If all goes well i could meetup after work weather permitting

lonewolf05
June 21st, 2011, 06:51 PM
The weather is supposed to suck this weekend actually supposed to get rain starting Friday its like 60% chance just saw it on the news
Posted via Mobile Device

matha028
June 21st, 2011, 06:57 PM
That sux! cuz I wanna ride so bad, I have been missing it this week.

matha028
June 21st, 2011, 06:58 PM
http://www.meetup.com/250ccsportbikes/

check it out y'all join and we can meet up and talk bikes, beers, and chics.

Vampyre
June 21st, 2011, 07:39 PM
I ride every day. I use it as my DD. Looking to do some group riding though.

matha028
June 21st, 2011, 07:42 PM
alright

lonewolf05
June 21st, 2011, 07:49 PM
Yea my bike is my Dd as well but definitely wanna do some group rides!
Posted via Mobile Device

matha028
June 21st, 2011, 07:53 PM
yeah i rode mine everyday until i dumped it, unless the weather people were forcasting outrageous rain on my ride to work or home. but that was only one day. then i dumped it and have had to drive this week til i get my shifter in, and new signals. but like i said my goal is to be back on it this weekend, back to riding and logging miles ASAP. thankfully gas has been lower this week. I love the efficiency of my bike since my Nitro gets only 17 to the gallon.

Vampyre
June 21st, 2011, 08:06 PM
Ahh didn't realize you had dumped it. I got in a wreck last week. A lady cut across two lanes to get to the right turn lane, but I was there. Very low speed. We may have actually just stopped when I bounced off her door. No real damage other than .5 mark on 2 fairings, some scratches on metal, and both front signals broke (still functional though). The estimate was 1500, but I had already ordered replacements for most parts before the wreck. Guess the money will help..lol

matha028
June 21st, 2011, 08:10 PM
yeah i dumped it on dirt in the street turning into my driveway. scratched my plastics im thinking i wont deal with that though. broke both left signals and gear shifter. so i ordered a new shifter and am hoping to pickup flushmounts friday and move my right front signal to left rear and be back on the road.

Vampyre
June 21st, 2011, 08:15 PM
Kissimmed Motorsports on John Young Parkway has a set of Proton flushmounts for a 250r in stock. They were on the wall when I was there today getting my estimates.

matha028
June 21st, 2011, 08:17 PM
yeah i saw them on Saturday. I think I will call them and see if Ernie will put them aside for me to pick up on Friday or Saturday.

matha028
June 21st, 2011, 08:18 PM
Ironically my friend in Sanford ordered some Friday and she has to wait 2 weeks cuz they are "backordered" from wherever Seminole PowerSports buys from

matha028
June 22nd, 2011, 07:04 PM
http://www.meetup.com/250ccsportbikes/

for those in here that havent joined yet. Mr Clermont! not to call anyone out or anything, it is just easier to organize group rides than on here

caps
July 26th, 2011, 12:55 PM
i am in clermont!

whatever happened to this guy? you orlando guys are slackin

areifel
July 26th, 2011, 12:57 PM
whatever happened to this guy? you orlando guys are slackin

I am still around. The bike has just been sitting in the garage due to all the rain. Gotta throw new tires on and also do the 7500 mile service which i am not looking forward too :(

caps
July 26th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I am still around. The bike has just been sitting in the garage due to all the rain. Gotta throw new tires on and also do the 7500 mile service which i am not looking forward too :(

so get that beast outta the garage and come ride with us! We have a coming up relatively close to you :thumbup:

http://www.meetup.com/250ccsportbikes/events/26618981/

areifel
July 26th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Does anyone know if Old Town still has bike nights on Thursdays?

Vampyre
July 26th, 2011, 01:22 PM
we meet at a steak n shake on 436 near aloma on thursdays, and htere isn't supposed to be any rain this week.

caps
July 26th, 2011, 01:23 PM
we meet at a steak n shake on 436 near aloma on thursdays, and htere isn't supposed to be any rain this week.

^^^that > old town

areifel
July 26th, 2011, 01:27 PM
^^^that > old town

haha, I'll check my schedule fellas. If you guys ever head out to the country side of florida such as clermont, groveland, or mascotte area let me know. lots of back roads and nothing but hills on this side of town.

caps
July 26th, 2011, 01:32 PM
haha, I'll check my schedule fellas. If you guys ever head out to the country side of florida such as clermont, groveland, or mascotte area let me know. lots of back roads and nothing but hills on this side of town.

sounds like a new group ride in the making...

MrEmmortal
July 26th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I like twisties and hills

caps
July 26th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I like twisties and hills

good man :thumbup:

Merc250r
July 27th, 2011, 06:24 PM

Is your ninja green? My store isin clermont

matha028
July 27th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Old town does not happen anymore

matha028
July 27th, 2011, 06:30 PM

That's where the Harley ride went last week! Lots of fun!

matha028
July 27th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Andrew are u part of the meet up group yet? If not join the group and hang out/ride with us

areifel
July 27th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Is your ninja green? My store isin clermont

Nope, black with red rim tape. is your store the motorcycle shop off of 27?

Merc250r
July 27th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Adam pm me your number as well as Andrew

Btw Andrew I'll be clermont section tomorrow

matha028
July 27th, 2011, 07:07 PM

Not any more! LoL

areifel
July 27th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Andrew are u part of the meet up group yet? If not join the group and hang out/ride with us

Sorry guys, i have been busy lately. i will do this now!!:thumbup:

areifel
July 27th, 2011, 08:57 PM
That's where the Harley ride went last week! Lots of fun!

:D Gotta love Lake county!

areifel
July 27th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Sorry for all the random posts! I multitask too much. Anyways, where is the link for the group ride? ill sign up ASAP. i have yet to meet up with another fellow 250 rider. All my friends have 600's and ride them like they stole 'em. I think all the other 250 riders are scared because i have the FASTEST color (back) :D

Merc250r
July 27th, 2011, 09:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=EbDMmrO-CAM

Did a small vid two brothers exhaust

areifel
July 27th, 2011, 09:19 PM
EbDMmrO

umm, what? lol

Mr.E
July 27th, 2011, 09:39 PM
That was shot with a phone?! It sounds better then most videos I've seen. @(O.O)@

EbDMmrO-CAM

+ the meetup site is http://www.meetup.com/250ccsportbikes/

areifel
July 27th, 2011, 09:40 PM
That was shot with a phone?! It sounds better then most videos I've seen. @(O.O)@

+ the meetup site is http://www.meetup.com/250ccsportbikes/

Thank you.

That pipe sounds beastly!

Mr.E
July 27th, 2011, 09:58 PM
(for the record that was Merc250r's vid that he posted in the link JIC you didnt notice) lol.

caps
July 28th, 2011, 05:25 AM
you guys need to start using the Chat Thread (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77916)

caps
July 28th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Sorry for all the random posts! I multitask too much. Anyways, where is the link for the group ride? ill sign up ASAP. i have yet to meet up with another fellow 250 rider. All my friends have 600's and ride them like they stole 'em. I think all the other 250 riders are scared because i have the FASTEST color (back) :D

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=335309