View Full Version : Pictures sub-forum

CThunder-blue
June 23rd, 2011, 08:11 AM
Hey Alex, can we get a pictures sub-forum that we can post non-moto related pics to? It'd be cool to see all the fun/art pics people take. It might also contain a thread on photography so the experts can help the noobs with cameras and taking photos.

kaiserz
June 23rd, 2011, 08:19 AM
:thumbup:

Alex
June 23rd, 2011, 09:12 AM
Sounds more like a thread than a forum, off-topic would work great for it until we start to get dozens and dozens of different threads about the same topic. I'm not opposed to setting up subforums for just about anything, but they need to have enough content to be vibrant and useful. If I can't find 50 threads on the topic that are currently buried elsewhere, the traffic just isn't there to support it. Right now I can only remember a very small handful, and even some of those had motorcycle content in 'em?

Empty and non-busy subforums tend to complicate a forum and lower traffic to those areas, IMO.

CThunder-blue
June 23rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
So you're ok with us posting pics in the OT section or is the picture forum ok?

Alex
June 23rd, 2011, 09:59 AM
Either one is likely fine. If it's of bikes, perhaps the pictures section. If has nothing at all to do with bikes, maybe off-topic is a better spot.

I realize that the Pictures and Videos section descriptions as currently written both assume that the pics/videos will be only of our ninjette. But there are so many other motorcycle pictures and videos in there that it's probably that the description is wrong, rather than people putting things in the wrong forum.