View Full Version : Squid Video Productions Presents...Cornering at GMR

adri99an
June 30th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Had a few of my favorite twisties all to myself yesterday.....took the FLip camera out and the tripod to get some footage of me into some turns....had a blast....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx-tHhVYN40

Cazper
June 30th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Really cool video!!! thanks for sharing... and here you go... embeded:

Wx-tHhVYN40

adri99an
June 30th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Really cool video!!! thanks for sharing... and here you go... embeded:

Wx-tHhVYN40

Thanks for the embed-ation.... I thought I needed someone to video tape me- all I need is a tripod and some patience. You're next when we hit GMR. Nothing like seeing yourself in action.:thumbup:

alex.s
June 30th, 2011, 02:47 PM
are you dragging a knee in jeans? don't they catch? get torn up? are you wearing something underneath? sweet lean angles

adri99an
June 30th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Yup- destroyed my jeans yesterday. I've got the Icon shin guards on underneath and took some of that plastic off as well. Now I need some serious riding pants:thumbup: I found that as I kept making the turns- the lean became easier and easier. Alex.S. you will star in Squid Video Productions when you hit GMR with me!

alex.s
June 30th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Yup- destroyed my jeans yesterday. I've got the Icon shin guards on underneath and took some of that plastic off as well. Now I need some serious riding pants:thumbup: I found that as I kept making the turns- the lean became easier and easier. Alex.S. you will star in Squid Video Productions when you hit GMR with me!

haha sweet. i can't wait. you should sew velcro onto your jeans and stick sliders on them :eek::p

adri99an
June 30th, 2011, 03:34 PM
haha sweet. i can't wait. you should sew velcro onto your jeans and stick sliders on them :eek::p

That's not a bad idea.....save me some $$$$...I need some pucks!!!

rockNroll
June 30th, 2011, 06:52 PM

Don't need no velcro... Gorilla Tape! :cool:

zilaniz
June 30th, 2011, 06:58 PM
You need to get yourself a suit now

alex.s
June 30th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Don't need no velcro... Gorilla Tape! :cool:

psh. ductape. you can tell people the duc is short for ducati

alex.s
June 30th, 2011, 07:06 PM
seriously though get some leather. you wont regret it :)

csmith12
June 30th, 2011, 07:09 PM
No knee draggin in jeans. Please get you some riding pants.

Nice riding too. :thumbup:

choneofakind
June 30th, 2011, 07:17 PM
looks like a great road. I wish I could ride it. Unfortunately Ohio doesn't have great places like that

csmith12
June 30th, 2011, 08:26 PM
What part of OH you in?

Cazper
June 30th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Yep... definitely think we need to do a group meet/ride to GMR and video all of us getting into the corners!!! :thumbup:

adri99an
June 30th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Fo sho! Probably best to do a vid on a week day when no one is up there. I'm down for that as well. I go to GMR at least 5 times a week now that I'm on summer break! Cazper- lemme know...I'm 1/2 Asian so video taping comes naturally. :cbrsmiley:

adri99an
June 30th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Here's another version featuring Incubus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMO5nflcOkY

HypnoKhaos
June 30th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Let me know next time you're going. I'll come join you.:thumbup:

adri99an
June 30th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Let me know next time you're going. I'll come join you.:thumbup:

What's your schedule like?

HypnoKhaos
June 30th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I get Thurs and Fridays off every 3rd week. July 21,22 are my next ones. Other then that I work mostly 8 to 5 Mon thru Fri and every 3rd weekend.

adri99an
July 1st, 2011, 09:10 AM
I get Thurs and Fridays off every 3rd week. July 21,22 are my next ones. Other then that I work mostly 8 to 5 Mon thru Fri and every 3rd weekend.

July 21st sounds good....GMR is so much nicer on a week day in the morning ALL TO YOURSELF! The weekends are plain psycho up there!

choneofakind
July 1st, 2011, 09:20 AM
What part of OH you in?

'tween Akron and Cleveland. the best road here is in the cuyahoga valley in the brecksville reservation. it's curvy and awesome just like GMR but it's like 3 miles long...

HypnoKhaos
July 5th, 2011, 02:31 PM
let's go tomorrow

Kevin2109
July 5th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I agree for tomorrow morning!! I have that day off because of the bike night thing. I think that would be a pretty good day :thumbup:

O wait, I still have my stock IRC's on :eek: They scare me. But I do have my new leather riding pants :p Is 10,000 miles to much for the stock IRC's? I'm getting the other tires mounted on the 7th or 8th

adri99an
July 5th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Hypno and Kevo- 8am? Its toooo freakin hot after that!
Posted via Mobile Device

Kevin2109
July 5th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Damn thats early for a long drive lol hmmm yeah F'it I'll be there. But seriously do you think my tires are fine? Or should I not risk it and wait for the new ones before some twisties?

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/4156/img20110705162251.jpg (http://img641.imageshack.us/i/img20110705162251.jpg/)

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2959/img20110705162258.jpg (http://img268.imageshack.us/i/img20110705162258.jpg/)

adri99an
July 5th, 2011, 04:27 PM
First timers at GMR are to go really sllloooowwww- you'll be fine. Its good to go and just check it out- feel it out. 9am might be better.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kevin2109
July 5th, 2011, 04:29 PM
O'k for sure, lets split it 8:30? Give me a place and I'll be there

Oh do you call your bike a ninjer because of this video?

5Ns-kXeQCMk

adri99an
July 5th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Going to roll by GMR later today to see if it's open- it was closed 4th of July weekend but I'm 90% sure it is re-opened. 8:30 sounds good...maybe I should post up a meet up tonight for tomorrow? Actually- it's sweeter to go 2-3 of us rather than 8-10. Most likely we'll meet at the Flagg gas station on Lone Hill and Foothill Blvd right off the 210 ( Lone Hill exit).

Kevin2109
July 5th, 2011, 04:46 PM
You think that many people will show with that late of notice? lol

adri99an
July 5th, 2011, 04:47 PM

5Ns-kXeQCMk

Freakin hilarious my Ninja!!!

I don't know- maybe not.....

HypnoKhaos
July 5th, 2011, 05:01 PM
8:30 tonight? I am down! or tomorrow morning?

Kevin2109
July 5th, 2011, 05:03 PM
am (tomorrow) lol maybe tonight? How is it at night?

HypnoKhaos
July 5th, 2011, 05:05 PM
ok. GMR reopened July 5th according to website, my ninja

adri99an
July 5th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Alrightyyy then! 8:30 AM

I'll be the one on the motorcycle

8:30am 8:30am 8:30am

Flagg Gas Station Address>>> 1861 East Route 66 Glendora, Ca. 91740

Lone Hill/Route 66 (off the 210 fwy)

http://www.losangelesgasprices.com/map_gas_prices.aspx?z=11&lat=34.131496&long=-117.829414&ft=A&tl=All

adri99an
July 5th, 2011, 08:45 PM
am (tomorrow) lol maybe tonight? How is it at night?

Never been at night- wouldn't want to!!!

Kevin2109
July 5th, 2011, 08:56 PM
It seems kinda sketchy but could be really cool! Maybe I'll mount some flood lights on the front of my bike and we can go some day. Just a slow run but I think the night factor would be cool

HypnoKhaos
July 6th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I am at the starbucks across the street from the flagg gas station.... thought I would try this coffee everyone talks about.

alex.s
July 6th, 2011, 10:56 AM

5Ns-kXeQCMk

i just died laughing. :thumbup:

HypnoKhaos
July 6th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Made it home safely. Bike in garage. Time to see doctor.

alex.s
July 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM
oh no! what happened?

adri99an
July 6th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Moto GP Kevin and Super Bike Jeremy hit A LOT of debris in a turn....

The three of us hit GMR this morning around 8:40 am.... Both Kevin and jeremy did very well on all the technical turns (I was impressed since it was their first time there)...we all came down into Azusa Hwy 39...lots of straight aways with some sweepers....made our way toward Crystal Lake with Kevin leading- Jeremy following and me bringing up the rear.... (I had lead all the way until now....wanted to get footage of these two ripping it up). They were doing great for some time (10-15 min)...really getting into the turns- good speed......and what lay ahead.....a nice sweeper going right with A TON of debris...I mean dirt that you could see at least 300 yeards away....when I saw it I thought to myself....gentlemen please go around it!!!! These two Super bike psychos go into the mouth of the devil....I slow down and and I've already made up my mind that I have to go around it....there goes Jeremy low siding and just around the bend is Kevin picking himself up. Kevin had this HUGE grin on his face....he looked like he enjoyed himself...he was like ATGATT!! His frame sliders and Jeremy's frame sliders worked!!!!!!! Minimal damage to the bike.

Jeremy on the hand- the way he went down...I believe popped his collar bone out of place. We decided not to pop it back in in fear of more pain and he was in pain!!! We didn't noticed his collar bone sticking out till we saw a huge bump under his shirt....I was like daaaaammmm. There was no cell service- we were 10 min from Crystal Lake.....and about 25 min from the freeway... (I think Kevin was reaaallyyy thirsty- and that's why he was racing up the canyon)...We gathered our bearings and got Jeremy's jacket on (dude was in so much pain) and headed out of the canyon together- UNITED- as Ninjetters do (Semper Fi). We ALL got out of the canyon together and back on the freeway. Kevin and I hit a gas station for some drinks (90+ degrees by now). We were going to hit GMR again but Kevin noticed his front brake was acting weird- so we departed. I headed back up GMR!!! I had t get my RIDE on!!

Will post this on new ride report thread.....

Kevin2109
July 6th, 2011, 12:49 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showpost.php?p=321203&postcount=17

adri99an
July 6th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Kevin's fault...he said race ya to the top and took off!

Xoulrath
July 6th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Glad to hear you guys had fun, and glad all is well after the mishap.

Havok
July 6th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Made it home safely. Bike in garage. Time to see doctor.

Nm missed the summation.

I hope you guys are ok.

adri99an
July 6th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Did you go down in gmr as well?

Kevin and Jeremy did....and it wasn't GMR it was Azusa Hwy 39

alex.s
July 6th, 2011, 03:03 PM
dang jeremy get well soon! collar breaks suck pretty bad.

adri99an
July 6th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Okay Jeremy is fine----badly bruised shoulder!!!!! And a good video of him doing it...coming soon!

adri99an
July 6th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Okay Jeremy is fine--:amen: diagnosis>>>>badly bruised shoulder!!!!! And a good video of him doing it...coming soon!

ducducgooseit
July 6th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Ok. THAT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ns-kXeQCMk) video is very very very funny.

Havok
July 6th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Okay Jeremy is fine--:amen: diagnosis>>>>badly bruised shoulder!!!!! And a good video of him doing it...coming soon!

Glad to hear both of you guys are ok, lay off the brakes in turns.

Kevin2109
July 6th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Glad to hear both of you guys are ok, lay off the brakes in turns.

Hey now, there was no braking. Just gravel and gravity lol

Alex
July 6th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Hey now, there was no braking. Just gravel and gravity lol

Your taillight betrays you. ;)

EDIT: Sorry about that, I was confusing you and Jeremy. In the future, let's limit the tip-overs to one ninjette per ride so we can keep them straight. :)

almost40
July 7th, 2011, 11:12 AM
OUCH.
Bummer.

Kevin2109
July 14th, 2011, 02:37 PM
FQDbQMcNJ_0

adri99an
July 14th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Nice vid buddy...where do you get your music from? I liked that 2nd song.

:thewave:

jamesio
July 15th, 2011, 08:01 AM
FQDbQMcNJ_0

It's so...flashy :shocked:

k-os
July 15th, 2011, 08:07 AM

Yeah I'm not sure I like all the transitions in the video. Would have liked to see just a straight ride. Seeing all these ride videos makes me want to get a GoPro even more.

ninja250
July 15th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Get an iphone with a RAM mount. Works just as good and triples as phone and music and appstore on wheels..

PS the first song was tight. Need to find out who that is!

Kevin2109
July 15th, 2011, 08:57 AM
First song

Ephixa - Lost Woods (Dubstep Remix)

Second song

Mt Eden Dubstep - Sarah Mclachlan Silence

Maybe its just me but I'm not a fan of just one long footage, It gets boring lol

adri99an
July 16th, 2011, 10:07 PM

Daaam that boy in front can ride!!! Who dat????

HypnoKhaos
July 17th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Awesome edit Kevin:thumbup:

adri99an
July 17th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Kevo- I thnk your vid needs MORE transitions...I kept blinking thinking my eyes were dry but it was the video blinking-

Rexbo
July 19th, 2011, 08:18 PM
come out to a track day soon... quit messing around in the mountains! There's two fairly cheap track nights coming up at streets of willow with motoyard. You'll learn more in one night than in a week in the mountains

Kevin2109
July 19th, 2011, 08:20 PM
How much is cheap? I would love to go

adri99an
July 19th, 2011, 09:20 PM
come out to a track day soon... quit messing around in the mountains! There's two fairly cheap track nights coming up at streets of willow with motoyard. You'll learn more in one night than in a week in the mountains

Give us a track day scenario....

price? protection? bike changes?

Zombiphone
July 19th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Give us a track day scenario....

price? protection? bike changes?

I can help with this. You will need:
-A truck/cargo van/vehicle with a trailer (You can technically ride your bike there, but I really wouldn't recommend it in case you crash and because you won't be able to transport anything. I tow my bike with a Celica, so where there's a will, there's a way)
-Either a one piece suit or a two piece that zips together, along with an uncrashed helmet/full length boots/gloves/and in most cases a back protector (I also recommend earplugs, but those aren't mandatory)
-Bike prep- Tape or remove mirrors/reflectors/license plate and tape off any wheel weights and lenses, pull the fuses or plugs on the brake and head lights, swap coolant for water wetter, straight water, or engine ice, and good tires. (If anyone thinks it'd help, maybe I'll do a simple DIY on the conversion when I'm prepping for my next day out?)
-A lot of drinking water

Once you have that squared away, it gets pretty easy. Typically, the price of admittance for the day is anywhere from $100-$200 depending on the track/day/organization, and most track organizations have classes for first timers (Sometimes at an additional charge). You sign up online in advance then you'll arrive at the track, unload your bike, and confirm your registration. Then you'll take your bike to tech and they'll do a simple inspection. Afterwards, everyone will be called to a mandatory rider's meeting and they'll teach you about entering and exiting the track, flags, what to do if you crash, desert tortoises (:D), ect ect ect.

In most cases, the day will run in a 3 group format (Advanced/Intermediate/Beginner), each group getting 20 minutes of each hour on the track starting at 9:00, ending at 5:00 (Doesn't sound like much, but trust me when I say it's plenty- especially during the summer when it's over 100 out). At all times, there will be Control Riders or Instructors on the track who will be more than happy to give you a tow, show you lines, follow you and critique your riding, and just generally be fantastic. Use these guys liberally <3

And that's all there is to it. The hardest part is getting everything you need for your first time, but after that it's pretty simple to get out there. I feel like I learned more in my first day than I did an entire year on the street. The road will never feel the same afterwards.

Some great orgs to ride with:
TrackDaz (http://trackdaz.com/ti/trackdaz/index.html?id=Y4BG2FSR) (My personal favorite)
Motoyard (http://www.motoyard.com/trackday/index.aspx)
Ti2TT (http://ti2tt.com/ti/ti2tt/index.html)
TrackXperience (http://trackxperience.com/)

[/tl;dr post]

ninja250
July 19th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Have fun at the track, ladies. :D

Zombiphone
July 19th, 2011, 10:56 PM
fun at the track

Right, and you will have a ridiculous amount of this. You'll never believe how elating cornering is when you can do it at the edge of your ability, faster than you've ever considered on the street, with the entire road at your disposal, clear vision of the entire corner, and no fear of hazards or oncoming traffic.

There's really nothing else like it <3

ninja250
July 19th, 2011, 11:06 PM
I don't need a track.
I don't want a track.
I don't like 99% of the people who go to the track. Nor their attitudes. (which is where my 'tude came from)
I will not have fun under that type of pressure.

I have fun when I am relaxed. Riding at my own free will. There's really nothing else like it.
I don't need people to have fun on my bike. I learn at an amazing pace on my own.

PS if I ever did learn to track you'd all be in trouble anyway. You know it.

I never took my BMX bikes to the track. I rode flatland.
Dirtbikes, never. Freestyle.
Never took my hondas to any tracks. I drifted and canyon raced.
I'm not taking my bikes to a track. I play with the devil.
I'm satisfied with that.

I also work and go fishing and have 200 other hobbies. I don't have time to load my bike up and drive away to ride it. Let alone time to finish the damn gear gauge for it.

I'm glad you found the track. It sounds like it suits you well.

Zombiphone
July 19th, 2011, 11:21 PM
:pound: :pound:

It's cool, dude. None of this was directed at you. No one is going to force you to have fun on a closed circuit. But for those who ARE interested in learning and enjoying the benefits that the track has to offer, I just thought I'd break it down a bit. I apologize for acknowledging that things that you have no interest in have to exist. Carry on.

ninja250
July 19th, 2011, 11:31 PM
directed at you. Carry on.

When I'm quoted I may get that impression. Sry! :thumbup:
Glad to see you can take it so maturely, like most rats of the track.

adri99an
July 20th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I can help with this. You will need:
-A truck/cargo van/vehicle with a trailer (You can technically ride your bike there, but I really wouldn't recommend it in case you crash and because you won't be able to transport anything. I tow my bike with a Celica, so where there's a will, there's a way)
-Either a one piece suit or a two piece that zips together, along with an uncrashed helmet/full length boots/gloves/and in most cases a back protector (I also recommend earplugs, but those aren't mandatory)
-Bike prep- Tape or remove mirrors/reflectors/license plate and tape off any wheel weights and lenses, pull the fuses or plugs on the brake and head lights, swap coolant for water wetter, straight water, or engine ice, and good tires. (If anyone thinks it'd help, maybe I'll do a simple DIY on the conversion when I'm prepping for my next day out?)
-A lot of drinking water

Once you have that squared away, it gets pretty easy. Typically, the price of admittance for the day is anywhere from $100-$200 depending on the track/day/organization, and most track organizations have classes for first timers (Sometimes at an additional charge). You sign up online in advance then you'll arrive at the track, unload your bike, and confirm your registration. Then you'll take your bike to tech and they'll do a simple inspection. Afterwards, everyone will be called to a mandatory rider's meeting and they'll teach you about entering and exiting the track, flags, what to do if you crash, desert tortoises (:D), ect ect ect.

In most cases, the day will run in a 3 group format (Advanced/Intermediate/Beginner), each group getting 20 minutes of each hour on the track starting at 9:00, ending at 5:00 (Doesn't sound like much, but trust me when I say it's plenty- especially during the summer when it's over 100 out). At all times, there will be Control Riders or Instructors on the track who will be more than happy to give you a tow, show you lines, follow you and critique your riding, and just generally be fantastic. Use these guys liberally <3

And that's all there is to it. The hardest part is getting everything you need for your first time, but after that it's pretty simple to get out there. I feel like I learned more in my first day than I did an entire year on the street. The road will never feel the same afterwards.

Some great orgs to ride with:
TrackDaz (http://trackdaz.com/ti/trackdaz/index.html?id=Y4BG2FSR) (My personal favorite)
Motoyard (http://www.motoyard.com/trackday/index.aspx)
Ti2TT (http://ti2tt.com/ti/ti2tt/index.html)
TrackXperience (http://trackxperience.com/)

[/tl;dr post]

Thanks Tiff....that is a great breakdown of a trackday. I see you love it and are very knowledgeable. I will consider a track day in the future...

Let me know when you're ready to hit GMR now that you've TRACKED it up and have more experience under your belt I've named that turn you lowsided on....Zombi-Turn.:eek:

I just got back from hitting GMR for 3 hours and I had a blast.:cool: I'm going to have to try and get to a track to compare. I guess what I love is that GMR is 5 minutes from me and on a weekday 8-7pm it is pretty empty. I've been up there so much it is kinda my "track" although I don't treat it as such but I pretty much know every corner and what type of turn it is as well as the speed I will need or not need....I'm so comfortable up there it's like my second home. :p

Anyhoo---thanks for the info and I'm going to say KC will NOT be going to a track anytime soon!:p

Zombiphone
July 20th, 2011, 01:45 PM
They don't call it Glendora Mountain Raceway for nothin'! :p

Haha, I still have the fairing scrapes for decoration. I went out there after my first trackday, rode through it properly without crashing, and haven't been back since. That was the defining moment that took me from just wanting to go to the track to actually doing it, so all's well that ends well :D I don't ride street much anymore, but if you guys ever end up doing a nice, easy cruise, maybe I'll try to tag along

But yeah, if you ever have any questions about getting out to the track, I've accrued a reasonable amount of knowledge over the last year and I'd be happy to help. I'd highly recommend experiencing it at least once. And there aren't nearly enough 250s out there anyways sooooo you guys should probably work on fixing that :whistle: