View Full Version : 400 miles on my '11 250...traded for '11 ZX6R

mowad1
July 3rd, 2011, 10:21 AM
The same itch that drove me to purchase a beautiful white 250R last month was present once again this week. After some negotiation and considering an '09 CBR I ave upgraded to a '11 ZX6R. :thumbup:
Nothing against the 250 but I just didn't feel enough power in every phase of my ride especially on the freeway. One example is how high my rpm had to be to go 85mph on the 250 about 11-12,000 versus under 8,000 rpm for the ZX6R.

Live2ride
July 3rd, 2011, 10:24 AM
400 miles :(...

Be careful with that power.

mowad1
July 3rd, 2011, 10:27 AM
With great power comes great responsibility. Words to live by:thumbup:
I've been riding for more than 400 miles but only that much on the 250.

Live2ride
July 3rd, 2011, 10:33 AM
With great power comes great responsibility. Words to live by:thumbup:
I've been riding for more than 400 miles but only that much on the 250.

True words of wisdom. Nice bike btw :thumbup:.

mowad1
July 3rd, 2011, 10:37 AM
Thanks, I really like her. Glad I didn't modify the 250 like planned because I got about $4,500 in trade for it. :) It came with a Jardine exhaust, which sounds sweet on a 250 btw:p

alex.s
July 3rd, 2011, 10:40 AM
was the 250 your first bike?

mowad1
July 3rd, 2011, 10:45 AM
owned but not ridden. just never had the cash in the past.

clintalmighty
July 3rd, 2011, 12:33 PM
Nice ride. Watch out for the people who will bash you for abandoning the 250 so soon. I agree with the freeway issue as well. I will crank my ninjette up to 85-90 on spirited backroad rides, but on the freeway...Hell no, that thing can't get out of its own way, let alone a semi-truck. I feel very unsafe on that buzzing, near redline machine while amongst other cars, I know it CAN do it, but it wasn't MEANT to do it

Alex
July 3rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
:rolleyes:

scotty
July 3rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
Nice ride. Watch out for the people who will bash you for abandoning the 250 so soon. I agree with the freeway issue as well. I will crank my ninjette up to 85-90 on spirited backroad rides, but on the freeway...Hell no, that thing can't get out of its own way, let alone a semi-truck. I feel very unsafe on that buzzing, near redline machine while amongst other cars, I know it CAN do it, but it wasn't MEANT to do it

It was in fact made to be like that and handle long rides on the high ways.:thumbup:

clintalmighty
July 3rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
It was in fact made to be like that and handle long rides on the high ways.:thumbup:

I disagree. If it was, it would have been geared a hell of alot taller. But it is what it is, a cheap, fun, noob-friendly bike that is fun to rip around pretending to be a Moto GP rider, while developing the ability/skills and learning how a bike handles.....or a very practical, efficient daily ride for experienced riders

alex.s
July 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
If it was, it would have been geared a hell of alot taller

what makes you say that? if it was geared taller you would have an unusable area in the top of your gear range

Suave
July 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
nice bike! :thumbup: I plan on getting either a 600cc CBR, Ninja, or ZZr next year (leaning towards the ZZr600; sooo comfy), but I don't think I'll ever get rid of my 250! :cool:

clintalmighty
July 3rd, 2011, 01:13 PM
what makes you say that? if it was geared taller you would have an unusable area in the top of your gear range

so you can cruise on highway at lower rpms. nothing a sprocket change can't help out with though; but without losing acceleration

sorry OP for unintentionally jacking your thread, I'm out

scotty
July 3rd, 2011, 01:15 PM
I disagree. If it was, it would have been geared a hell of alot taller. But it is what it is, a cheap, fun, noob-friendly bike that is fun to rip around pretending to be a Moto GP rider, while developing the ability/skills and learning how a bike handles.....or a very practical, efficient daily ride for experienced riders

It is a cheaper bike, that is easy the learn one. It's a 249cc bike, it's geared the way it is so you can have power to move. Having put on a taller gear so you can sit at 8,000 RPM on free ways would be a nightmare for our Ninjette. It would not be able to produce enuff power to move. Our bikes make the most power at high RPM's. Kawasaki has been doing this with the 250's for many years. Pre gen to the new gen. It works, and it's the way they made it. :cool:

SES2009
July 3rd, 2011, 01:23 PM
I agree with Scotty that It was made for the high revs.... Just look at the powerband and it's apparent that the engineers made our little ninja no be ran in the higher RPM's. I don't know if it's just me but I think that it takes a lot of skill to ride the 250, yeah going in a straight line is easy, probably all bikes but where it gets interesting is in the corners no matter what's sitting between your legs. When I do upgrade I think I'll be going with the Z1000. It's sexy, fast, and more practical For me than a Super sport, I do love the ZX6 tho...

You have a beautiful bike and in the fastest color too :-)

NathanUc
July 3rd, 2011, 03:42 PM
I.... I like the high revs...

Nice bike though! I'm still torn as to get a zx6r or a 650r. I'm well aware of the benefits of each, just not sure what I actually want haha.

My 'goal' is to get myself one or the other when I graduate next year. Should be around 6k miles or so on the 250 I'm guessing

pucktoplay1
July 3rd, 2011, 03:59 PM
What was your OTD price if you don't mind me asking? :o

gogoKawi
July 3rd, 2011, 06:04 PM
Congrats. You've got an excellent bike there. Too bad you didn't enjoy the 250 more. It takes some time to grow on you. But, I can't blame you for moving to the ZX6R. It's a fun ride!

wtfh4xx
July 3rd, 2011, 06:51 PM
Poor ninjette, it looked gorgeous. Love the pearl white.

Enjoy the new zx6r and be safe!

greatwhiteninja
July 3rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
nice.. i seen one the other day at the dealer and really considered getting it..lol! they have them at $7300 brand new 2011's.. black one like yours and a blue one.

clintalmighty
July 3rd, 2011, 08:18 PM
nice.. i seen one the other day at the dealer and really considered getting it..lol! they have them at $7300 brand new 2011's.. black one like yours and a blue one.

Wow, that's a helluva deal.

greatwhiteninja
July 3rd, 2011, 08:20 PM
i know.. thats why i almost got one,lol! they got the zx14's for a little under $10k

choneofakind
July 3rd, 2011, 09:23 PM
great looking zx6r! I've been riding a friends' CBR600RR the past couple weeks along with my 250. I love the cbr, but I also love my 250. for different reasons. I cant afford both, but so long as I only have one, I'll want the other. urgh. Guess I just have to wait like 4 years until I'm done with college and can get a real job and afford a bigger bike...

Lt Tom
July 7th, 2011, 08:27 AM

Watch out for those who don't care enough to be concerned about you! You didn't really ride the 250 long enough to learn anything from it, so in effect you're starting out on a race bike. The odds of successfully learning on that bike are not very good. "Be careful" is meaningless if you don't know how to be careful yet.

She is pretty! Good luck with her.

And actually, it was meant to do it. ;)

Have Fun,
Lt Tom

Snake
July 7th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Nice bike, congratulations.

Azhyen
July 7th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Just be safe and nice bike!

ducducgooseit
July 7th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Another one leaves the fold. :(

almost40
July 7th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Nothing against the 250 but I just didn't feel enough power in every phase of my ride especially on the freeway. One example is how high my rpm had to be to go 85mph on the 250 about 11-12,000 versus under 8,000 rpm for the ZX6R.

HO-humm another line about not enough power.

alex.s
July 7th, 2011, 04:42 PM
HO-humm another line about not enough power.

clearly if they can't make it do something, it can't be done. :rolleyes:

almost40
July 7th, 2011, 06:38 PM
To each his own.
Hope that one of those times that 85mph isnt fast enough doesnt turn you into a meatwaffle. Dont let that ego write a check thats gona bounce.
Good luck and God speed

jamesio
July 7th, 2011, 09:09 PM
meat waffle... :lol:

ungluck
July 24th, 2011, 11:40 PM
lol

BlackNinja
July 25th, 2011, 09:43 AM
To each his own.
Hope that one of those times that 85mph isnt fast enough doesnt turn you into a meatwaffle. Dont let that ego write a check thats gona bounce.
Good luck and God speed

There's a lot of truth in this statement. It'd be who of you to adhere to it...for your safety.

:thumbsup:

2011Ninja250R
July 25th, 2011, 04:23 PM
behoove

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/behoove

aznboi250r
August 15th, 2011, 03:49 PM
damn in n out of that dealership haha