View Full Version : 4 Dead in East Texas Motorcycle Wreck

Linuss
July 5th, 2011, 06:24 AM
As some of you know, I'm Paramedic. This past Sunday, there was a horrible motorcycle wreck just a mile from my station.

A Mustang crossed lanes and hit 2 Goldwings, each carrying 2 people. One Goldwing exploded on contact, the Mustang caught fire. 3 of the 4 motorcyclist died on scene, the 4th a short time later in the ER (3 of them were wearing helmets). Gruesome scene. In the Mustang, the driver and pasenger had several facial fractures, and their 3-yo in the backseat had a skull fracture (all 3 alive, kid is doing fine last I heard).

Driver is held with a $2 MILLION bond, and is being charged with atleast 4 counts of Criminally Negligent Homicide.

http://www.cbs19.tv/story/15020599/wreck-le

Very very sad story, as multiple families lives are ruined now, including the drivers.

Live2ride
July 5th, 2011, 06:40 AM
R.i.p. :(

kaiserz
July 5th, 2011, 06:43 AM
):

whiteboy
Dam that's horrible, sad day for all those family's. WTF was that dam mustang doing to hit 2 bikes

backinthesaddleagain
awful

Linuss
July 5th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Dam that's horrible, sad day for all those family's. WTF was that dam mustang doing to hit 2 bikes

Troopers are speculating falling asleep, and witnesses claim he was weaving just prior to it happening.

This part of the road is a 2-lane highway with speed limit of 60. About once a month or two we have a nasty wreck due to a car crossing the yellow lines. Scares the bejeezus out of me considering I ride on that road on my bike to get to work.

JeffM
July 5th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Troopers are speculating falling asleep, and witnesses claim he was weaving just prior to it happening.

From the article (updated?)

"DPS spokesperson Trooper Jean Dark said initial reports show the Mustang was traveling on the wrong side of the road, attempting to pass another car, when he hit the motorcycles."

Scary.

Linuss
July 5th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Yes, I know what the article states, but several articles also state that the 3yo was flown to the hospital (not true), that all 4 bikers died at the scene (not true), that it happened south of I-20 (not true) and several other things.

Honestly, I've never been a fan of journalists...

alex.s
July 5th, 2011, 10:00 AM
maybe one day people who don't want to pay attention to driving won't have to and our cars will drive themselves... the rest of us who actually enjoy driving will be better off.

ally99
July 5th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Stories like this really suck. Poor families. :-( In such a horrendous collision, the riders would have likely died or been at least seriously injured, even if they'd been in a cage.

n4mwd
July 5th, 2011, 10:52 AM
RIP X 4

BTW, I think the cops have it right this time. Whatever reason he crossed the line, 4 people died and it was his fault.

I had a friend get mangled by a truck driver that fell asleep and crossed the line suddenly. So I think the "sleepy driver" theory is very plausible.

ducducgooseit
July 5th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Condolences to the families of the slain.

Xoulrath
July 5th, 2011, 02:45 PM
My condolences to all the families involved in this horrible tragedy.

I really hope something can be done for the driver if it is found out that this was truly an accident. Certainly he is responsible and some type of punishment is in order, but he already has to live with the knowledge that he has killed four people for the rest of his life.

If the evidence proves he was driving recklessly, then I certainly think he deserves life in prison.

maybe one day people who don't want to pay attention to driving won't have to and our cars will drive themselves... the rest of us who actually enjoy driving will be better off.I can get on board with this.

bettysmith
July 5th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Yes, I know what the article states, but several articles also state that the 3yo was flown to the hospital (not true), that all 4 bikers died at the scene (not true), that it happened south of I-20 (not true) and several other things.

Honestly, I've never been a fan of journalists...

Didn't know you rode bikes Linus. (Glassjaw from Tippmann)

Awful story though.

Mizono
July 5th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Steve did you work that accident? I hope not man that is just brutal.

Fly'in Ninja
July 6th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Wow, That's Sad...RIP :(

Cab305
July 6th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Tragic, so sad. RIP