View Full Version : Picked up a 2009 CBR 600RR

clintalmighty
July 9th, 2011, 11:08 AM
So after searching for a stable mate for the Ninjette for a while, I finally came across a new ride. For months I longed for an R6, the 2009 Raven edition with the gold wheels to be exact; it was just sooooo sexy. After I sat on the CBR, R6, and GSXR, I quickly realized how aggressive the seating position really was on the R6; but I told myself I would get used to it and wouldn't be happy if I didn't have the bike of my dreams: the razor sharp R6. So I scanned CL and SearchTempest almost daily evaluating the market for weeks after weeks. Then one day I went with my friend to the local dealer to check out if they had an new CBR 250s, and while he is looking for his first bike, I was looking for an upgrade, and was looking/sitting on the 600/650s the whole time. Once I wiped the drool off my face from the new candy red R6, I noticed the all black 2011 CBR, sat on it, and was impressed. It was shorter, narrower, and had higher handle bars than the R6; not to mention that every available review says its the best street bike, and that the R6 is a more raw, less street friendly bike designed for the track. So my head had always said Honda, my heart was always with the R6. It all changed that day, and I began looking for CBR's.

I was prepared to wait until the offseason in order to snag the best deal, but I stumbled across a deal I couldn't pass up. A mint condition 2009 600RR, with Leo Vince slip on, fender eliminator, and frame sliders. It was a little more than I wanted to pay, but it already has the mods I would first do to it, so I save money on not having to do them myself.

The ride home was....well, amazing. And i didn't even go over 7k rpm. It was so smooth and stable, yet ultra responsive at the same time. Handles freeway speed without breaking a sweat. Other than that, I have not ridden it yet, I gotta get the tags/insurance/inspection and what not. So I can give a nice review later if anyone is interest.

Also, I know there are a few other members on here with a CBR, so if you got any tips/thing I should know about this bike feel free to let me know in this thread. Thanks

Here she is
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1815/img0463lj.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/img0463lj.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

SpeedDemon
July 9th, 2011, 11:58 AM
SUPER SEXY bro, Congrats. I am in the exact same situation as you with the R6 Raven that is my dream bike aswell but like u said after sitting on it my back would hate me everytime i went for a ride. I am looking for a CBR600RR up here but there arnt too many used ones for a sale where i am. I still will always love the R6 and if i can get a good deal on one i dont think i would be able to say no to her. If you dont mind me asking wut kind of mileage was on the bike and what did u get it for?

alex.s
July 9th, 2011, 12:06 PM
sweet bike. be careful. how many miles on 2-wheels do you have?

clintalmighty
July 9th, 2011, 12:14 PM
SUPER SEXY bro, Congrats. I am in the exact same situation as you with the R6 Raven that is my dream bike aswell but like u said after sitting on it my back would hate me everytime i went for a ride. I am looking for a CBR600RR up here but there arnt too many used ones for a sale where i am. I still will always love the R6 and if i can get a good deal on one i dont think i would be able to say no to her. If you dont mind me asking wut kind of mileage was on the bike and what did u get it for?

Yeah, even the CBR's riding position is going to take some getting used to, but that's because I was so used to the 250. The bike had 2090 miles on it, and I got it for $6200. 6k was my max i wanted to spend it, but you add the exhaust, fender kit, taillight/intergrated turn signal, and frame sliders, which is ~$800 worth, and he threw in his like new Icon Arc jacket ($300), it was too good to pass up.

sweet bike. be careful. how many miles on 2-wheels do you have?

~4500ish

greatwhiteninja
July 9th, 2011, 05:50 PM
nice bike.!

SpeedDemon
July 9th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Yeah, even the CBR's riding position is going to take some getting used to, but that's because I was so used to the 250. The bike had 2090 miles on it, and I got it for $6200. 6k was my max i wanted to spend it, but you add the exhaust, fender kit, taillight/intergrated turn signal, and frame sliders, which is ~$800 worth, and he threw in his like new Icon Arc jacket ($300), it was too good to pass up.

Thats a great deal up here they want ~8+ for one congrats again and always keep the shiny side up :rock:

clintalmighty
July 9th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Thats a great deal up here they want ~8+ for one congrats again and always keep the shiny side up :rock:

Yeah I have seen ones with more miles that are stock for 8k. Where are you located?

SpeedDemon
July 10th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Yeah I have seen ones with more miles that are stock for 8k. Where are you located?

Toronto Canada, MSRP on a new 09 is ~12,5 ive found some used ones with as low as about 12,000 kms or like 7457 miles to as high as 30,000kms or 18,600 miles ranging on mods, most have slip on flush mount signals fender eliminator and so on on the low end they are ~8 and on the high end ~10.
I cant believe how much more expensive it is to ride in Canada than the US, u guys have it lucky compaired to us. I got a quote on a 600CC SS bike befor i got the 250 and they wanted 15,000 for insurance on an 02 CBR that was worth 4 grand :ibeenripped: just some food for thought when u think its expensive in the US

clintalmighty
July 10th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Toronto Canada, MSRP on a new 09 is ~12,5 ive found some used ones with as low as about 12,000 kms or like 7457 miles to as high as 30,000kms or 18,600 miles ranging on mods, most have slip on flush mount signals fender eliminator and so on on the low end they are ~8 and on the high end ~10.
I cant believe how much more expensive it is to ride in Canada than the US, u guys have it lucky compaired to us. I got a quote on a 600CC SS bike befor i got the 250 and they wanted 15,000 for insurance on an 02 CBR that was worth 4 grand :ibeenripped: just some food for thought when u think its expensive in the US

Wow, I knew riding was expensive up there, but man you guys get ripped off on insurance!

amsterdam212
July 10th, 2011, 11:30 AM
once again congrats bro, really sweet ride! with the kawa colour lol

CC Cowboy
July 10th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Nice bike. Looks like it needs a track to attack.

clintalmighty
July 10th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Nice bike. Looks like it needs a track to attack.

Thanks. Trust me, I can't wait to get to one

gogoKawi
July 11th, 2011, 11:38 PM
CBR is a great choice in a bike. Can't go wrong with that one.

And I have to give it to Honda for having the ballz to make a green motorcycle. :D

clintalmighty
July 12th, 2011, 06:20 AM
CBR is a great choice in a bike. Can't go wrong with that one.

And I have to give it to Honda for having the ballz to make a green motorcycle. :D

Yeah, I like it because it is unique, as I have never seen on in person before. And the green is the metallic paint with the sparkly stuff in it. It looks way better in the sun than a Kawi...:p

bonbon76
July 12th, 2011, 06:52 AM
usually not a green fan for a bike, but thats HOT! Love it! :thumbup: Congrats and ride safe!

Bosgarage57
July 12th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Yes please do a write up when you can, I realllllly like that paint on it. Be careful on it though. I had a friend buy a 97 CBR, he couldnt ride so I got to ride it to his place (about 3 hours ride) in a TN winter, froze my butt off, but MAN that bike handled amazing and the seating position was great. I know that was a long time ago, and the ergo's have changed a lot, but that one doesnt look to bad.

clintalmighty
July 12th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks guys for all the positive comment, the paint is absolutely stunning in person because it is metallic, not just solid like the Kawi green, the Kawi green is also more neon. Pics don't do it justice.

And I am very careful with the bike, and plan to continue to be. It pulls so smooth but powerful all they way to 7k before I shift to stay out of the power band. I am only using half the RPM range so far and I still have to wipe the drool out of the inside of my helmet...I love this bike!

SpeedDemon
July 12th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I saw i same bike today and the green IMO is much nicer than the kawi green (Dont hate me for saything that lol) ONLY due to the metallic paint, if kawi did this it would blow them outta the water. Love the bike Clint, if u cud write a review of the bike once u get ur head wrapped around everything i would love to here what you think about the bike, this is probably what i will be stepping up to in the near future. Unless i find that amazing deal on the sexier than ever 09 R6 raven that is :D

clintalmighty
July 12th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I saw i same bike today and the green IMO is much nicer than the kawi green (Dont hate me for saything that lol) ONLY due to the metallic paint, if kawi did this it would blow them outta the water. Love the bike Clint, if u cud write a review of the bike once u get ur head wrapped around everything i would love to here what you think about the bike, this is probably what i will be stepping up to in the near future. Unless i find that amazing deal on the sexier than ever 09 R6 raven that is :D

Yeah, I have only ridden it twice; To get it home and to go get the inspection today. It is awesome, and I am street legal now, so a review should be forthcoming. Along with more pics:thumbup:

gogoKawi
July 12th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I like it because it is unique, as I have never seen on in person before. And the green is the metallic paint with the sparkly stuff in it. It looks way better in the sun than a Kawi...:p

Kawi's 650, Z1000, Ninja 1000 (Euro), and ZX14 have the metallic green. Kawi's is a bit brighter and darker.

Loving the CBR, just looks weird in green. It's like seeing a Resol Kawasaki. :D

SpeedDemon
July 12th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I have only ridden it twice; To get it home and to go get the inspection today. It is awesome, and I am street legal now, so a review should be forthcoming. Along with more pics:thumbup:

Congrats again buddy im sooo jealious lol :( cant wait to see some more pics and here abouut the bike i want one so bad lol

kogary
July 15th, 2011, 09:35 PM
That is a good looking bike! Congrats! :)

ducducgooseit
July 15th, 2011, 09:57 PM
:)

Snake
July 16th, 2011, 02:22 AM
Great looking bile. I like the paint scheme.

ASquared150
July 17th, 2011, 12:14 AM
sexy bike - I'm actually thinking of trading up from my 250 to a CBR. Hoping not to spend too much more than what I might be able to get for my 09 Ninja, but I'm also not looking for a CBR as new as that green beast you got. I've been riding with my friend who has an R6 and am getting really tired of being passed at blazing speed all the time haha.

clintalmighty
July 17th, 2011, 06:57 AM
sexy bike - I'm actually thinking of trading up from my 250 to a CBR. Hoping not to spend too much more than what I might be able to get for my 09 Ninja, but I'm also not looking for a CBR as new as that green beast you got. I've been riding with my friend who has an R6 and am getting really tired of being passed at blazing speed all the time haha.

Idk about in Indiana, but down here the 03-06 models with low mileage in good condition are going in the $4k range. Those are a good bikes. I have seen a few 07's listed at $4.5k. Good luck on finding a new toy!

ASquared150
July 17th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Idk about in Indiana, but down here the 03-06 models with low mileage in good condition are going in the $4k range. Those are a good bikes. I have seen a few 07's listed at $4.5k. Good luck on finding a new toy!

Thanks for the info. I'm really hoping to find an '07, particularly the white/silver one. So pretty.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ed/2007HondaCBR600RR-003.jpg/800px-2007HondaCBR600RR-003.jpg

Damn I just love looking at that picture haha.

Buffalony
July 17th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I rode with a few 600's a couple months ago and two of them had cbr600's. One had a metalic green like yours and the other guy had the Leyla theme. Both good looking bikes. I was partial to the Leyla though. He had a two Bros can on it and it was way too loud ;)
http://www.bestcarupdate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Honda-CBR600RR-2010-1-560x420.jpg

backinthesaddleagain
July 21st, 2011, 02:40 PM
Awesome ride

"A"
July 22nd, 2011, 02:53 PM
Don't hurt yourself.

aznboi250r
August 15th, 2011, 03:49 PM
oh man your bike looks super intense

blink
September 6th, 2011, 08:01 AM

Maybe if you baby it with full... Basic coverage on my 05 gsxr600 is 450 a year in Alberta...

azimmer11
September 6th, 2011, 11:21 AM
my dream bike is an R6 as well. you shouldve got the R6 :(

backinthesaddleagain
September 6th, 2011, 07:11 PM
my dream bike is an R6 as well. you shouldve got the R6 :(

Why should your dream bike be his dream bike? R6 is awesome looking bike and I almost got one. Not to mention 26K valv intervals, but ergo's for the street are tough, and the R6 is a top end type of powerband, much more so than even other 600's.

blink
September 24th, 2011, 10:36 AM
R1's sound nice

akima
September 24th, 2011, 10:49 AM
That's a really good looking bike Clint. I imagine you're pretty excited by it!