View Full Version : There really HAD to be damage, damn you bad karma :-(

the big mike
July 16th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Two days ago my sister scraped against something with my mothers car when she came of our drive lane and I really laughed for hours about it. Today it has been raining all day but I had to go have a ride.

Bad karma's 1st try: I went to the highway and whilst turning onto it, I felt my front wheel slide a little, but somehow I didn't come down and I was very happy with that

Bad karma's 2nd try: I made it back home without any futher incidents. But my bike was wet and dirty. So I wanted to clean it. While I was putting it on it's rear standard, something went wrong and my baby tipped over the right side. It was the first time i'd ever seen a bike fall. But luckily, it fell right onto a carbage bag and some carpets. It put it back on it's wheels and I saw there's no damage at all. And I was very happy with that. As I was sitting on the bike in the garage I even thought what a nice thread I would post

Bad karma's final try: I then decided to get off the bike and I checked whether the kickstand was extended: affirmative. But as I tipped it over, I accidentally hit the kickstand with my foot and ... Yes. My bike had now fallen on its two sides in one minute. Even worse: this time there was no carbagebag but a bycicle to catch it. Resulting in this paint damage. i guess I've had luck with the small amount of damage but hell, I didn't have the good karma on my side. :)

Liber
July 16th, 2011, 07:59 AM
you got off easy. I dropped mine unloading it from the trailer 2 days after buying it. Had to repair cracks and a hole in the fairing. Still, you are right, what goes around comes around.

csmith12
July 16th, 2011, 11:50 AM
That sounds like a day I had but without dropping the bike.

had a bad day at work
rear slipped some for some unknown reason (clean dry road in a straight)
hit dog
front slipped on gravel
wasn't feeling the ride

That was the last straw. I turned around and went back home before I went down.

Some days are just not good riding days.

CZroe
July 16th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I picked my rear stand up a bit too quickly and made a very similar mark under mine but it was a bit farther so no one is going to see it unless they are checking out my sweet undertail, which will hopefully distract them. :)

SSR
July 17th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Two days ago my sister scraped against something with my mothers car when she came of our drive lane and I really laughed for hours about it.

This happened to me at Christmas time. My sister was backing my mom's car out of the driveway and just about put it into the ditch (she didn't, but was very close). I had a really good laugh at her expense. Next day, I'm backing out with my car and although I could do it blindfolded, for some reason, I actually did end up in the ditch. My sister had a really good laugh. "He who laughs last, laughs hardest". So...I think I learnt my lesson. Don't laugh at other people's misfortunes.

the big mike
July 17th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Damn liber, i feel really sorry. I think I would've cried all night if that happened to me.

the big mike
July 17th, 2011, 07:11 AM
I guess it all must have something to do with evil sisters :)

chalk
July 17th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Some days you get into your bed and wish you never left the house, I feel for you... I just dumped my bike in my front yard doing something I've done hundreds of times before. :cheers:

ducducgooseit
July 17th, 2011, 04:26 PM
:(