View Full Version : $25 dollar leather jacket

dk58
July 19th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Saw this on another forum, thought I should share it with the Ninjetters, hope this is the right place:thumbup:

http://www.bikebandit.com/yoshimura-track-leather-jacket

alex.s
July 19th, 2011, 12:07 PM
what the hell how is this possible?

dk58
July 19th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I have no idea, all I know is that I ordered two :D

Bosgarage57
July 19th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Thank you, I just ordered a yellow one :)

kaiserz
July 19th, 2011, 12:10 PM
That's insane. . .

Vampyre
July 19th, 2011, 12:11 PM
They also had an 80's version with perforated front.

http://www.bikebandit.com/yoshimura-80s-leather-jacket

alex.s
July 19th, 2011, 12:12 PM
they have other styles too... http://www.bikebandit.com/yoshimura-80s-leather-jacket

Vampyre
July 19th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I am getting one of each.

alex.s
July 19th, 2011, 12:16 PM
same here... 1 of each... even if they suck at 25$... jesus.

Vampyre
July 19th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I needed to get some new gloves anyway

alex.s
July 19th, 2011, 12:18 PM
fyi: the jacket at motorcycle superstore http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/39/14479/ITEM/Yoshimura-80s-Leather-Jacket.aspx

dk58
July 19th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I was concerned about fit, but for the price, it will be an easy resell if it won't fit.

austexjg
July 19th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I went for the retro black - would have gotten both, but none in my size in black.

kiler
July 19th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Just ordeed one. Size and colors are kind of limiting...I got the yellow one. I will post a review when I get it. I fear it may be crap at that price.

SdSy675
July 19th, 2011, 01:11 PM
If this was a mis-advertised price, do they still have to honor it?

Vampyre
July 19th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I got the retro in black and the racing in black\red

Bosgarage57
July 19th, 2011, 01:17 PM
no they do ot, overstock.com had xbox 360's for $8 last week and I bought 10 of them. They promtly refunded me.

Jiggles
July 19th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I ordered 2. Even if they are complete crap, I could probably resell them on craigslist for at least $50

Cuongism
July 19th, 2011, 01:23 PM
There's probably fine print about misadvertised prices (Sears just had ipad 2's for $70 which they refunded to everyone). I got the red track leather for kicks as a fashion jacket since it doesn't look like it has armor. With my BanditBucks, it was only $24 with shipping. :thumbup:

dk58
July 19th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Says CE armor in shoulders and elbows, with a back pad. I thought it didn't at first as well.

Cuongism
July 19th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I saw it say that for the 80's jacket (wanted the white one, but not available), but didn't see it for the track leather. Did I miss it somewhere?

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy304/cuongism/569f74bd.jpg

caps
July 19th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I needed to get some new gloves anyway

i LOVE my new ones

and I ordered a jacket :)
I wanted the red but they dont have my size :(
I got Black :)

kamikaze
July 19th, 2011, 01:39 PM
nice, tried to check out and the cart is crashing

SdSy675
July 19th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I saw it say that for the 80's jacket (wanted the white one, but not available), but didn't see it for the track leather. Did I miss it somewhere?

I thought the same thing, but did a search on the jacket... Supposedly it does have armor...

I'm just waiting for an e-mail from BikeBandit saying that they're refunding me my money due to a mis-print... It's worth a try!

dk58
July 19th, 2011, 01:44 PM

I thought I read it on Bikebandit, but obviously it doesn't say that. I looked on Amazon and Motorcycle-superstore and they both say it has armor, so I must have seen it on one of those. I guess we will find out? Lol

kamikaze
July 19th, 2011, 01:52 PM
i think the cart was crashing cause I had a black one in my cart and there weren't any left. snagged a blue one tho, and ordered my brake pads at the same time. here's hoping they don't cancel...

austexjg
July 19th, 2011, 01:53 PM
The retro one is no longer available on the website.

Jojah17
July 19th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Im gonna bet on a cancel but hey why not. In for one!

Jiggles
July 19th, 2011, 01:57 PM
The retro one is no longer available on the website.

Wow, I'm glad I got one when I did

Powerlogix
July 19th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I just picked up a blue one. I was going to order blue and black jacket, but when I refereshed the black one was no longer available.

Jiggles
July 19th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Im gonna bet on a cancel but hey why not. In for one!

If they do cancel just write them an email saying you will not be purchasing any more products from their website if thats how they will be doing business.

alex.s
July 19th, 2011, 02:15 PM
"We're sorry, this product is no longer available."
we'll see if the honor the orders already placed... im betting on no but i'll be complaining about wasting my time if they cancel it... demand many bandit bucks.

Jojah17
July 19th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Nah, I'm looking at it as a price mistake. Happens all the time when I use slickdeals.net. Can't fault a company for that IMO.

alex.s
July 19th, 2011, 02:17 PM
they just cancelled my order.

Vampyre
July 19th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Canceled mine as well. ****ers.

Jojah17
July 19th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Hahaha no offense but these price mistakes should be looked at as a slim to none chance. If it doesn't go through it's worth the 0$ and 30 secs of time. Why do they owe u anything?

Bosgarage57
July 19th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Yea ordered canceled, I'm gonna buy one for $430 and send them the bill since they canceled mine :) jk, oh well

kamikaze
July 19th, 2011, 02:34 PM
checked my order status, they've removed the jacket but left the price and the brakes...they'd best be cancelling the whole thing

dk58
July 19th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Was worth a shot! Kinda sad now though, I thought I scored big

Vampyre
July 19th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Ir was mislabeled
the item was a hat

Bosgarage57
July 19th, 2011, 02:40 PM
checked my order status, they've removed the jacket but left the price and the brakes...they'd best be cancelling the whole thing

You better cancel it yourself or it'll ship.

kamikaze
July 19th, 2011, 02:43 PM
You better cancel it yourself or it'll ship.

that's what I'm trying to do right now.

the only reason i added the brakes was because the shipping was the same either way...there's no way in hell I'm paying $33/set plus $40 shipping for 2 sets of pads when I can get them cheaper here.

austexjg
July 19th, 2011, 02:44 PM
They charged my card, but no cancellation on the order - yet.

kamikaze
July 19th, 2011, 02:47 PM
i'm playing dumb with the livechat operator, wondering why the jacket was cancelled LOL

here's the explanation I was given:

This jacket used to be listed on the bike bandit site. They discontinued this a while back. What happen was the old part number was recycled & now being used for an alternate item. when we uploaded the new item with this part our system recognized it and uploaded the old listing.

oh well, worth a shot

Bosgarage57
July 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM
buySAFE 3-in-1 Guarantee - Benefits Terms and Conditions
What does the buySAFE Guaranteed Seal mean?
buySAFE has inspected this merchant, monitors their performance daily, and allows them to post the buySAFE Seal on their website. buySAFE Merchants are certified to be reliable, stable and able to fully perform on all their terms of sale. Wherever you see the buySAFE Seal, you can feel confident that you're visiting one of the best merchants on the web.

What is a buySAFE 3-in-1 Guarantee?
buySAFE Guaranteed Merchants have partnered with buySAFE to provide their buyers with additional peace of mind on every purchase. When you buy from a buySAFE Guaranteed merchant, you receive – at no cost to you – a buySAFE 3-in-1 Guarantee with your purchase that includes the following benefits:

$500 Purchase Guarantee. Get what you paid for, or your money back. All the terms of sale for your purchase are guaranteed, including product authenticity, up to $500. Tell me more...
Identity Theft Protection. Comprehensive ID theft coverage for 30 days. Your identity is protected and you have access to free professional ID theft remediation services for the next 30 days. Coverage applies for all online and offline identity theft, wherever it occurs. Tell me more...
Lowest Price Guarantee. If the published store price drops, we'll pay you the difference, up to $100 Tell me more... (Exclusions apply, see terms and conditions)
To receive these benefits, your buySAFE 3-in-1 Guarantee must be authentic and valid. buySAFE reserves the right to require more information from you and/or the merchant in order to authenticate your buySAFE 3-in-1 Guarantee.

There is no additional cost for these benefits. This is not a subscription service, you will not be billed for this and there is nothing for you to cancel. The benefit expires 30 days from the date of purchase.

Someone needs to email BB with this information, stating we want the item or our $500 :)

kamikaze
July 19th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Someone needs to email BB with this information, stating we want the item or our $500 :)

yea, but it says you get the item or money back, and they are doing the money back thing. it would have been different if they'd actually shipped the hat or whatever it was in lieu of the jacket, then they would have been in for a shitstorm of complaints.

Vampyre
July 19th, 2011, 03:11 PM
It says or your money back. So as long as you get that, then there is no use making a fuss. I mean it was pretty obvious it was a mistake and we tried to capitalize on it.

kamikaze
July 19th, 2011, 03:17 PM
It says or your money back. So as long as you get that, then there is no use making a fuss. I mean it was pretty obvious it was a mistake and we tried to capitalize on it.

it honestly could have been a closeout on a skid of stuff they found in the back of the warehouse that they'd already written off, but yea, it was bound to get canceled. the livechat operator didn't give me any grief canceling the rest of the order so no harm done. I just wish that someone would price match the $50 front BT-016 from Rocky Mountain ATV so I could get front and rear from the same place cause RM-ATV doesn't carry the rear in the 150/60-17. Every site I've tried says they are violating MSRP agreements, so nobody will pm it. :(

austexjg
July 19th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Did you recieve an email about the cancellation?

Vampyre
July 19th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I got an email.

caps
July 19th, 2011, 04:34 PM
i still havent gotten an email or cancellation. however my paypal account says its pending

Powerlogix
July 19th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Mine is not cancelled yet, but I'm sure it will be based on everyones else cancellation.

Kevin2109
July 19th, 2011, 04:43 PM
EDIT: my last message was me talking crap. After contacting bike bandit they told me they told me that they would give me my money back AND bandit bucks in the amount of the two jackets that I purchased. Thats pretty good IMHO

kamikaze
July 19th, 2011, 06:20 PM
EDIT: my last message was me talking crap. After contacting bike bandit they told me they told me that they would give me my money back AND bandit bucks in the amount of the two jackets that I purchased. Thats pretty good IMHO

wtf, i wasn't offered anything :mad:

edit: as i hit submit on this post, I got an email from bikebandit, crediting my account with $26.96 in bandit bucks. That's pretty damn good of them i agree. i'm wishing now that i'd tried to order 4 of them :o

Jiggles
July 19th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Dear sean,

Thank you for taking advantage of our recent Yoshimura Jacket Promotion! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of requests we received for the jacket you ordered, we have unexpectedly sold out our supplier's current stock in a very short amount of time. Your credit card will not be charged for this item, and any remaining items that were a part of this order will be updated/shipped soon! (View My Order Status).

We apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause, and Bandit has credited your account with $22.46 in Bandit Bucks that you can redeem towards the purchase of another choice of jacket or gear.

If you have further questions, please feel free to email a member of our BikeBandit Team at: service@bikebandit.com

wtf, i wasn't offered anything :mad:

edit: as i hit submit on this post, I got an email from bikebandit, crediting my account with $26.96 in bandit bucks. That's pretty damn good of them i agree. i'm wishing now that i'd tried to order 4 of them :o

I ordered 2 jackets so shouldn't they give me $45!?!? LOL :D

kamikaze
July 19th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Dear sean,

Thank you for taking advantage of our recent Yoshimura Jacket Promotion! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of requests we received for the jacket you ordered, we have unexpectedly sold out our supplier's current stock in a very short amount of time. Your credit card will not be charged for this item, and any remaining items that were a part of this order will be updated/shipped soon! (View My Order Status).

We apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause, and Bandit has credited your account with $22.46 in Bandit Bucks that you can redeem towards the purchase of another choice of jacket or gear.

If you have further questions, please feel free to email a member of our BikeBandit Team at: service@bikebandit.com

I ordered 2 jackets so shouldn't they give me $45!?!? LOL :D

check your account and see if they've actually credited the bandit bucks, cause I don't have any yet...

Jiggles
July 19th, 2011, 06:38 PM
check your account and see if they've actually credited the bandit bucks, cause I don't have any yet...

Once the order is officially canceled it will probably update.

alex.s
July 19th, 2011, 06:42 PM
spoke to one of the guys on their webchat thing and he was a pretty big dick about it... i might have been one of the earlier people to talk to them after they cancelled all the orders as they didn't want to really do all that much. heard kevin bitched them out and they told him they would credit his account with like 60 bandit bucks which pissed me off even more but just now they sent me an email saying they would credit my account the cost of the jackets with bandit bucks... looks like daddy's getting a free valve cover gasket :D

i still would have preferred two leather jackets for $50 though.

p.s. their bandit buck thing says it takes between 1-2 days for new banditbucks to show up... we'll see

caps
July 19th, 2011, 07:51 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24/capsisking/Picture12-1.png

alex.s
July 19th, 2011, 08:12 PM
i would like to know who develops their point of sale software... i've only built 3 POS systems before but all 3 had stringent requirements on prevention of this type of thing... if an updated price that was received from the imported data was larger than a certain percentage, update of that item was either held back and a notification sent, or in the simpler pieces, presented to the person handling the manual data import process. i'm actually extremely surprised something like this happened

Powerlogix
July 19th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Odd, my order has not been canceled yet and I don't have any bandit bucks.

Kevin2109
July 19th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Odd, my order has not been canceled yet and I don't have any bandit bucks.

Same for me on one of my jackets. But when I asked they told me it was canceled :confused:

dk58
July 19th, 2011, 09:01 PM
I got the email about the bucks, and a cancellation notice for only one of my orders, which was for two jackets. The total was 58 something, but the email says they will credit me 26.96. I ended up ordering 3, so I'm wondering if I'll get the bucks for everything, and the refund. As long as I get my money back I'm not too worried about the banditbucks, but if everybody else gets the full amount, I may call them. I am still curious as to why I only received a cancellation email for one order though.

Kevin2109
July 22nd, 2011, 09:01 AM
**** this company! Now they wont honor the two jackets I purchased. Only one, after I was specifically told too, multiple times. I spelled it out to the that I wanted credit for both jackets, and now they say I didnt. AND all of my conversations with them are in writing, and they refuse to check back on them for me. This company blows. I will never purchase from them again :mad:

austexjg
July 22nd, 2011, 09:06 AM
They still have not refunded my credit card, but I have bandit bucks on their site. The order still says "processing" on their webiste.

Bosgarage57
July 22nd, 2011, 09:16 AM
alright so I just got off of chat with a BB rep, she said that they are refunding my whole order, AND giving me bandit bucks for 1 jacket. Trying to find a front sprocket now :)

caps
July 22nd, 2011, 09:26 AM
if you find the sprocket on their site let us know

Bosgarage57
July 22nd, 2011, 09:30 AM
if you find the sprocket on their site let us know

They only had OEM.

Vampyre
July 22nd, 2011, 09:41 AM
They still have not refunded my credit card, but I have bandit bucks on their site. The order still says "processing" on their webiste.

That is just a pre-charge. Once they ship they will charge you the actual amount. They did the same to me, but the final charge was the correct amount for my order.

CynicalC
July 25th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Most website have a disclaimer saying they aren't liable for price mistakes and don't have to honor them. Come on guys, new to the internet?

Also, they got hammered by slickdeals, a site with almost a million registered users. Ninjette is just a drop in the bucket of people who placed the same order you did.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3126986

kamikaze
July 25th, 2011, 01:34 PM
**** this company! Now they wont honor the two jackets I purchased. Only one, after I was specifically told too, multiple times. I spelled it out to the that I wanted credit for both jackets, and now they say I didnt. AND all of my conversations with them are in writing, and they refuse to check back on them for me. This company blows. I will never purchase from them again :mad:

dude, it was a pricing mistake, should be happy they are giving you anything at all. Think about it, you're getting a free $25 from them that you got by being in the right place at the right time. I didn't expect anything out of this when they cancelled other than my money back. be thankful they didn't keep your money and offer you a credit like some places would.

alex.s
July 25th, 2011, 03:08 PM
dude, it was a pricing mistake, should be happy they are giving you anything at all. Think about it, you're getting a free $25 from them that you got by being in the right place at the right time. I didn't expect anything out of this when they cancelled other than my money back. be thankful they didn't keep your money and offer you a credit like some places would.

its true. i'm pretty happy about getting some free parts.
new clutch lever, throttle tube, and a second bar-end mirror for the fzr! only had to pay an extra 4$ to cover the rest of shipping :D
i need to get a speedometer... :-/

personally i think they handled their screw-up pretty well. i'll be doing more shopping at bike bandit now because of it