View Full Version : My poor lil ninjette

almost40
July 25th, 2011, 09:27 AM
After taking a nice ride with one of ninjettes fellow members yesterday.
I crashed my poor little baby 100 yards from my home. Getting distracted by a waving neighbor and my effort to turn my garage door opener over in my pocket along with the feeling of being safe in familiar surroundings led me to loose track of my position on the road and not slow down enough for the 90 to the left.
I was only going 15-20 mph and when I realized my position in relation to the turn I overleaned (which was real easy to do at slow speed) and down she went.
I was wearing my gear so....... not a scratch on me
BUT........
My poor lil ninjette is now rashed on both sides. once from the track, once from the street.

Had to order a new shifter $40. Thats it.
The woodcraft rearset bent a little (I bent it back) and I gound off a little of the bottom of the peg. (not enough to replace it as im sure she will be sliding on its side at the racetrack in the hopefully very distant future) The bars were good as my clip-on rotated and moved the important things out of the way. Turn signal broke in a way that it can be put back together.

Leason learned???
Yep. FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS You are in danger of making poor judgements when your in motion.
Wave to the neighbor...... Stop the bike in the driveway........ THEN fish out your garage door opener. Problem solved.

Alex
July 25th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Oops. :) Glad you're OK, and the bike's pretty much OK as well. :thumbup:

/moved to General

austexjg
July 25th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Glad it wasn't worse - I had a situation one time doing the same thing with the garage door opener. Now, I park the bike on the sidewalk and remove my gear as the door opens.

almost40
July 25th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Oops. :) Glad you're OK, and the bike's pretty much OK as well. :thumbup:

/moved to General

OOOOPS sorry Alex thought I was in general.

Yeah bikes good. These little 250's are tough.
Distracted riding is NOT a good idea. Even when you can see your house.

ducducgooseit
August 1st, 2011, 06:24 PM
bike :(
you :)
back at it soon :thumbup:

SSR
August 1st, 2011, 06:39 PM
I low sided my bike last year (really sharp turn, took a bit of a lean and there was sand. A lot as they hadn't cleaned the roads from the winter yet). I was only doing 40kmh (25mph) with full gear so I picked myself up, but my left side of the bike is scratched to smithereens.

I haven't done anything with it becuase it customizes the bike, gives me a unique paint job, reminds me not to be an idiot, gives me something to bring up a conversation and is a pretty good theft deterent (who wants to steal a scratched up 250?)