View Full Version : What does it take to get banned?

Kevin2109
July 28th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I am completely lost on what it takes to be ban or put on ninjette vacation :confused: I have seen people put on vacation for obvious reasons, but there are others (recently) that were put on vacation for a non apparent reason. Lastly there are people that obviously should be put on time out, that have not been. So what is it :confused: How is a decision made to ban someone? Over emotions? Or is there a some equation that is used? :confused:

This isnt meant to start a lot of ****, or get me banned. I am just curious to how this all works :D

rockNroll
July 28th, 2011, 01:08 PM
i'm not even gonna reply to this

Snake
July 28th, 2011, 01:14 PM
This belongs in Off Topic or Forum Information

Alex
July 28th, 2011, 01:16 PM
The T.O.S. is in my sig, and at the bottom right of every page on the site. Anyone and everyone who does their best to live up to what they already agreed to in there is going to be A-OK for as long as they choose to be here. It's no more or less complicated than that.

/thread moved to Forum info and /closed

Alex
July 28th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I was thinking more about this thread today, and realized that I didn't set context that well. For people who haven't been around here that long, they may not really know yet what the general tone, feel, rules, accepted norms, etc. are.

So - we're approaching 6700 members on this site, and are right around 3 years old. We're growing at a clip of about 4000 members per year right now, which doesn't make this board huge, but it's no longer small, either. Over that time period, a total of 13 members have been banned or penalized for any length of time, or 0.17% of the user population. Some of those 13 came right back afterwards with no further issues, some chose to stay away. There is no team of moderators sitting here eager to whip out the ban hammer. There's just me. All I can do, and all I do do, is try and keep this place on an even keel, allowing us to attract new members and retain the ones who already like it here. The rules leave for a particularly wide berth, and are intended to promote friendly conversation and useful dialogue among folks who are here because they like their 250's. For some time now I haven't been able to follow every single post on the site like I once was, the volume is to a certain point and my other responsibilities are such that the time in the day just isn't there. Most of the times I am alerted to something needing some attention with an offensive post, an online spat, or anything similar because someone used the "report this post" button, which then does alert me pretty quickly. And that's OK. :thumbup:

Happy posting, folks.