Honko
July 28th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Is that your bike in the foreground? :D

adri99an
July 28th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Tis true sir...yes...why?

EsrTek
July 28th, 2011, 02:28 PM
What?? Where?? ....you call that a wheelie.. we wanna see sparks w/ it's nose in the air!!! :D (JK of course)

How modded is your bike to lift that easy.. didn't sound like a 9-10k clutch dump :confused:

caps
July 28th, 2011, 02:29 PM
um... I guess i will be the first one to say that this isn't really impressive.

The circles were horrible. I'm glad he can now claim he can drag his knee, but 30ft U-turns aren't really that great. And dumping the clutch, then crapping your pants and almost bailing isn't something that should really be practiced.

nickjpass
July 28th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I don't see the big deal of the video. I know I don't ride but, just doesn't seem very impressive.

Felipe the Ant
July 28th, 2011, 02:34 PM
How do you get the front up that high? I can never get it more than a foot. I'm assuming it's my technique but I may also be low on torque from removing the snorkel

adri99an
July 28th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Nick, Mat and Eric submit your vid of a wheelie attempt on a 250 and a figure 8 going left....

Your talk is just :blah:

I thought this vid my bring out the "opinionated ones" :rolleyes:

It's not as easy as it looks......try it

caps
July 28th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Nick, Mat and Eric submit your vid of a wheelie attempt on a 250 and a figure 8 going left....

Let's see you do it :pop2:

lol, I will make a video this weekend of a left hand turn just for you :thumbup:

adri99an
July 28th, 2011, 02:43 PM
How do you get the front up that high? I can never get it more than a foot. I'm assuming it's my technique but I may also be low on torque from removing the snorkel

That's not me doing the wheelie or the figure 8...FYI

His bike isn't modded much....K&N filter, jetted, and maybe a snorkel removal..can't remember....it is technique....he tried to get me to do it...:nono:

nickjpass
July 28th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I know I don't ride

Hint hint: I'm a newb :)

choneofakind
July 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I can honestly say I've never tried to wheelie my 250 because of the clutch dumping and relatively low speeds required to do it. I don't plan on trying it either. I've gone airborne semi-intentionally, but I don't have an itch to wheelie. just me.

EsrTek
July 28th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Ah looked like you in that first one, but watching closely I can see the red of his jacket at very end.
Was just curious, as other youtubes I seen they always stand on back pegs, I am not up for trying wheelies yet, and is one of my biggest reasons for not getting a zx6r instead of this bike ;) I think I got the wheel off ground once when tryin to get in front of a shitload of traffic, but I'm not sure it wasn't just the forks extending.

oh yeah,, an obligatory 'take it to the track' for ya sir :thumbup:

adri99an
July 28th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Let's see you do it :pop2:

lol, I will make a video this weekend of a left hand turn just for you :thumbup:

Can't wait for the vid:clap2:

adri99an
July 28th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Ah looked like you in that first one, but watching closely I can see the red of his jacket at very end.
Was just curious, as other youtubes I seen they always stand on back pegs, I am not up for trying wheelies yet, and is one of my biggest reasons for not getting a zx6r instead of this bike ;) I think I got the wheel off ground once when tryin to get in front of a shitload of traffic, but I'm not sure it wasn't just the forks extending.

oh yeah,, an obligatory 'take it to the track' for ya sir :thumbup:

Wow my first "take it to the track" of the day! Wheelie track?

I'm not much of a wheelie guy either....I do side wheelies by accident!

It is interesting to watch though.....

EsrTek
July 28th, 2011, 02:55 PM

LoL I missed this post before... I was just playin man, but I did think it was you in first wheelie.

I did try to wheelie on my 2004, all I did was jack and **** :p
This one is to pretty to screw up tryin dumb ****.

EsrTek
July 28th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Wow my first "take it to the track" of the day! Wheelie track?

Figured you be upset if you didn't get one of those a day:bounce:

adri99an
July 28th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Figured you be upset if you didn't get one of those a day:bounce:

Hahahahhaaaaa!

Don't you know everything you do you must "TAKE IT TO THE TRACK"

Going to the store on my bike...take it to the track

Going to the mall on my bike....take it to the track

Going to a friends house....take it to the track

Going for a ride....take it to the track

Going to wash and wax my bike...take it to the track

Motorcycling is fun...like in the vid...fun

Gorilla25
July 28th, 2011, 04:25 PM
was expecting a figure 8 wheelie...lol...misread the title

adri99an
July 28th, 2011, 04:43 PM
That wouldve been sweeeeeeet!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Cazper
July 28th, 2011, 06:28 PM
If you come to Chapparel (sp?) bike nights you can see wheelie figure 8's during the stunt show... it's good practice to do low speed circles working to get your knee down... to practice form and all. When I took the Lee Parks advance riding technique school we did just that both clockwise and counter-clockwise... good fun. Haven't bothered trying to wheelie though... I weigh too much to expect my bike to wheelie me :noidea:

Thanks for sharing the vid... :thumbup:

adri99an
July 28th, 2011, 06:33 PM
If you come to Chapparel (sp?) bike nights you can see wheelie figure 8's during the stunt show... it's good practice to do low speed circles working to get your knee down... to practice form and all. When I took the Lee Parks advance riding technique school we did just that both clockwise and counter-clockwise... good fun. Haven't bothered trying to wheelie though... I weigh too much to expect my bike to wheelie me :noidea:

Now that is one positive post.....thanks brother....no hate...just love....

When's the next bike nite?

oblivion007
July 28th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I don't get it... were those circles skills?

What does getting your knee down do anyways? Maybe I should apply some of my math/physics to see whats up.

Never done physics of motorcycles o.o

adri99an
July 28th, 2011, 07:19 PM
What does getting your knee down do anyways?

Nothing.......just looks freakin' sweet:jumping30:

Try the circles...not as easy as it looks but good for practicing low speed maneuvers....:thumbup:

ducducgooseit
July 28th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Does anyone know the dimensions of the MSF's dreaded BOX?

alex.s
July 28th, 2011, 07:34 PM
HEY!!!

i recognize that lookout!

it's midway on s.grade palomar! clearly the best parking spot ever... well except for the other lookout on the other side... jeez you feel like you can see forever on the other side of the mountain

Havok
July 28th, 2011, 08:07 PM

You can do it easy, i know you can because i can, roll at about 3k clutch rev to 10 k and dup it it will come up NP. I was doing them in a parking lot when i put my new tires on. 3k rolling and 10-11k dump is what was working for me. Start at 8 k to dump at and go from there :)

alex.s
July 28th, 2011, 09:07 PM
:nono: don't you know, only 600s are allowed to wheelie!

lol

adri99an
July 28th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah- well we dont git out much round here...we tret them 250s like they was 600s :p

alex s...remember..........
:cheer2: Be kind!

Havok
July 28th, 2011, 10:25 PM
:nono: don't you know, only 600s are allowed to wheelie!

lol

I have one of those as well! that one is more fun because it just needs a yank on the throttle. 250 wheelies are a novelty, fun to do because you feel like being dumb lol.

Live2ride
July 28th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Safety first...always

Looks like fun :thumbup:

oblivion007
July 28th, 2011, 10:32 PM

Try the circles...not as easy as it looks but good for practicing low speed maneuvers....:thumbup:

I can pull a circle of that radius o.o unless you mean with that lean then dunno lol...

Cazper
July 28th, 2011, 11:38 PM

Actually not true... getting your knee down allows you to lean the bike less with still having the center of gravity lower to keep you in the corner and by having the bike more upright it has better traction because more of the surface of the tire is in contact with the ground.

It does look pretty cool too though :thumbup:

Cazper
July 28th, 2011, 11:39 PM
You can do it easy, i know you can because i can, roll at about 3k clutch rev to 10 k and dup it it will come up NP. I was doing them in a parking lot when i put my new tires on. 3k rolling and 10-11k dump is what was working for me. Start at 8 k to dump at and go from there :)
Well I guess if you can do it... I should be able to do it too :noidea: maybe I'll give it an actual try... just for the sake of argument of coarse :rolleyes:

rockNroll
July 29th, 2011, 03:37 AM
What... no smokey burnout at the end? pffft :p

Havok
July 29th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Well I guess if you can do it... I should be able to do it too :noidea: maybe I'll give it an actual try... just for the sake of argument of coarse :rolleyes:

I either weigh more then or we are close to tue same so I know if it can get my fat butt up on one wheel with just shims and snorkel remove yours will pop up easy have fun and don't drop it :)

nickjpass
July 29th, 2011, 10:44 AM
wheelie sucked, the replay of frame shots sucked, WTFBBQ

You're such a troll.

adri99an
July 29th, 2011, 10:54 AM
wheelie sucked, the replay of frame shots sucked, WTFBBQ

You need help...(discuss)

adri99an
July 29th, 2011, 10:55 AM

Let's see it!!!!! :p

Kevin2109
July 29th, 2011, 12:23 PM
You're such a troll.

Nick has learned fast! :thumbup: He is a troll

adri99an
July 29th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Drtroll?? LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

Kevin2109
July 29th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Drtroll?? LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol thats awesome

nickjpass
July 29th, 2011, 01:20 PM
a foot came down on the wheelie, which is a huge no no

Basically I don't go through life giving atta boys and undeserved pat on the backs. I give the unfiltered truth, and while I understand that is hard for some people to handle, it is indeed the truth.

also the video was presented to us like it was some 5star elite riding which it clearly wasnt... If it would have said learning to do wheelies I would have said keep trying.

and anyway intentionally trying to do an intentional wheelie on a public road is dangerous.

I have been yelled at by my father for being a critic. But the difference between you and me, is that I have respect for everyone. I know when to say something and know when to keep my mouth shut.

Kevin2109
July 29th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I have been yelled at by my father for being a critic. But the difference between you and me, is that I have respect for everyone. I no when to say something and know when to keep my mouth shut.

Amen!

illrational
January 15th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Im torn about posting this but come one....he commited cardinal sin one when wheelieing by taking his fot of rear brake and i have done tighter circles on my 250 right on seat and have leaned bike over on basketball court at shallower angle and tighter circle i dont have proff and not writing this to hate but there is definitely room for improvement...no where near capability of the little ninja..i dont have proof so feel free to take with a grain of salt...and i think everyone should take it to the track its so much fun

Firehorse
January 15th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Wow, what a bunch of whining little old ladies..:rolleyes:

Doing those skills or ANY skills at slow speed is awesome. Tons of people can get a knee down but do it slowly without dropping the bike, not as easy.

Any wheelie on the ninjette is also impressive, It's not really designed for that kind of thing so I think it's awesome and it was in a safe place so even better. :thumbup:

Nice control. Not partly out of control like those japanese sport bike dudes. Nice and smooth, he looked totally comfy, relaxed arms, just having fun.

When I don't back my bike out of a parking spot but ride it around in the perfect full bar turn, I'll be happy. If you can't do that at least guys, shut up. Look at your turning radius in the manual and try it. Slow skills are awesome!

Thanks for sharing - these are the reasons I like to practice.

cri22le
January 17th, 2012, 01:57 PM
http://youtu.be/wbnJhwEC0jc

Kevin2109
January 17th, 2012, 02:02 PM
http://youtu.be/wbnJhwEC0jc

not bad dude, youre getting there :)

cri22le
January 17th, 2012, 05:23 PM
not bad dude, youre getting there :)

thanks man, hopefully in a few months ill be good enough to ride a wheelie for awhile:thumbup:

NDspd
January 17th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I've done a few wheelies by accident, and I don't intend to repeat them.

I do agree those circles could be a little tighter, but we have to start somewhere.

Kevin2109
January 25th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Got bored today... Commence flaming -_-

hf1gsGeLA7I

Felipe the Ant
January 26th, 2012, 01:08 AM
I'm already at like 12k at 40 in 2nd gear, something's wrong here

choneofakind
January 26th, 2012, 09:28 AM
something's wrong here

it's cuz you don't have that custom bore/stroke job and intake/exhaust porting job that kevin got that adds 386cc's of displacement to any 250R! Trust me, you could do those wheelies if you spent as much money at the machine shop as kevin :p

Kevin2109
January 26th, 2012, 09:42 AM
it's cuz you don't have that custom bore/stroke job and intake/exhaust porting job that kevin got that adds 386cc's of displacement to any 250R! Trust me, you could do those wheelies if you spent as much money at the machine shop as kevin :p

Are you kidding?! My bike never goes into a shop! **** that noise, I do all the work myself :thumbup:

Oh and its 387 ;)

choneofakind
January 26th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Oh and its 387 ;)

and it's that one cc that makes all the difference right?

crash666444666
January 26th, 2012, 01:15 PM
not impressed at all.

if you want to be able to do wheelies and other stunts then you need a bigger bike. not saying that it is easy to do fig 8's on any bike but really trying on a 250 come on

nickjpass
January 26th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Kevin2109 cool video :)

akima
January 27th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Kevin2109: that's a funny looking key/keyring/thieves-tool you have stuck in your bike. What is it? I'm curious!

Kevin2109
January 27th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Kevin2109: that's a funny looking key/keyring/thieves-tool you have stuck in your bike. What is it? I'm curious!

Its called a keyport! Its so awesome! :thumbup:

http://mykeyport.com/

akima
January 27th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Its called a keyport! Its so awesome! :thumbup:

http://mykeyport.com/

oooOOOOOOOoooooooooo! Shiney!

I want one! It's my birthday in 4 weeks. HINT HINT :rolleyes:

That does actually look quite practical for a bike. It solves the problem of having other keys on your keyring touching the tank paintwork.

Edit: Booo. They don't sell them in the UK. No shiney trinkets for me :(

Kevin2109
January 27th, 2012, 12:28 PM
oooOOOOOOOoooooooooo! Shiney!

I want one! It's my birthday in 4 weeks. HINT HINT :rolleyes:

That does actually look quite practical for a bike. It solves the problem of having other keys on your keyring touching the tank paintwork.

Edit: Booo. They don't sell them in the UK. No shiney trinkets for me :(

Exactly! Its so convenient, it may be expensive but it pays for its self over and over

Come to the US for your birthday! I'll take you out ;) What kind of food do you like?

akima
January 27th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Exactly! Its so convenient, it may be expensive but it pays for its self over and over

Come to the US for your birthday! I'll take you out ;) What kind of food do you like?

I like italian food (but not spaghetti)... BUT if I was going to travel anywhere using my hard earned coins I've got a pretty big list of places that would come up before the states.

choneofakind
January 27th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Ight people this isn't e-harmony or facebook... :p :thumbup: