View Full Version : Southeast Tennessee

TheJimmyEnglish
July 28th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Looking for any 250 riders in Southeast TN to get a meet up going or if you already know of any that would be great to. Just wanting to hook up with other local 250 riders for in person feedback and some good group riding.

Alex
July 28th, 2011, 08:40 PM
:thumbup:

/moved to Group rides/Local Events area

EsrTek
July 28th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I'm not quite SE... but I don't mind going that way for a day's riding.
I'm down for a ride any weekend, maybe we can do Mounteagle area between us both.
But 1 day I do want to ride that road next to the river, in your vid's by your neck of woods :thumbup:

TheJimmyEnglish
July 28th, 2011, 09:44 PM
I can do the weekends. Although I work every Saturday at 6pm. But I may have a new job soon so my entire weekends may open up. If you know any other 250 riders or just good safe riders give them a a shout. I'd like to get a annual meetup going. Twice a month would be great. The roads up by me are great. I've not done Mounteagle.

EsrTek
July 28th, 2011, 10:22 PM
I'm on call every other weekend, but Sundays are only half the day, and usually the day I ride when on call.
So the every other week or even 1 time a month be good to get something going for me.

I'm on call this week, but planned on riding Sunday anyway...

You free Sunday? Anyone near the area or willing to come by would be nice too :)

TnNinjaGirl
July 29th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Oh oh! Me! Me! Me! Pick me!

TheJimmyEnglish
July 29th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Oh oh! Me! Me! Me! Pick me!

All is welcome NinjaGirl.

Bosgarage57
July 29th, 2011, 09:54 AM
where is cleveland in relationship to say, knoxville? Also Andrew, big Ninja gathering at the Gap august 4th-8th!

TheJimmyEnglish
July 29th, 2011, 10:17 AM
where is cleveland in relationship to say, knoxville? Also Andrew, big Ninja gathering at the Gap august 4th-8th!

Knoxville is about 50-100 miles from Cleveland

TheJimmyEnglish
July 29th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Also I can't make it to the Gap meetup because of work and I'll be spending the day with my daughter. If I could I would so be there.

oroboros
July 29th, 2011, 01:51 PM
So I took this from a post in ETR. I am not familiar with any of these roads as well....when I go riding I pretty much head towards the gap.

There is rather a lot of distance between us all. Kind of a Knoxville, Murfreesboro Cleveland triangle.

Got any suggestions for a good place to ride that is in the middle?

EsrTek
July 29th, 2011, 03:27 PM
All over the area in middle, although I would think I would need to travel a bit further, just to get the better roads, but I'm down w that.

Devils triangle is just above Knox (Oak ridge) but I'm not sure how safe I feel being that close to a nuke plant :(
I'm about to leave, but I did find a page once that listed some good routes to take all over TN.
There is one that looks harder than the gap, and it's not that far from it... goes from like robinsonville towards telico plains... starts as like Rt 143 from robinsville, turns to Rt 165 to telico plains.

I'll post links when i get home

TheJimmyEnglish
July 29th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I am wanting to hit up Murfeesboro for some White Castle

EsrTek
July 29th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Ah yes..reminds me of home, I go every so often it's right at the ext for 96 off 24.. Definitively not worth that trip though just for White Castle. But Nashville super speedway is about 5 miles from me (and I still I have no idea of they do track days, mainly cause I can't afford it :p) Maybe we plan one of those ;)

How's Mounteagle to Lookout Mnt sound to everyone this Sunday?

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/tn_southeast.html

TheJimmyEnglish
July 29th, 2011, 10:08 PM
I am unable to ride the next 2 weekends. :/

oroboros
July 30th, 2011, 07:56 AM
How's Mounteagle to Lookout Mnt sound to everyone this Sunday?

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/tn_southeast.html

I have heard that there are some decent loops that you can do in this area. This Sunday is tough for me...the following weekend in the gap meet.

EsrTek
July 30th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Yeah turns out this weekend is not so good, rain and all (pouring here, it's heading your way).
Next weekend is the GAP trip and I'm not sure how many of us will want to go on another long ride the weekend after the gap (I probably will).

But I'm game for short notice trips, so if any of ya do get time and make some plan to solo to some of these roads, post up maybe 1 of us can join ya :thumbup:

TheJimmyEnglish
July 30th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Yeah the weather shows big storm systems for this weekend and next. Idk if it will reach the Gap meetup though.

oroboros
July 30th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Stoopid rain :(

I might be up for short notice rides
Posted via Mobile Device

TheJimmyEnglish
July 30th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Word. Rain is terrible around here. I'm usually off on Mondays too if anyone can ride that day.