View Full Version : lowsided my ninjette

gt_turbo
July 30th, 2011, 05:17 PM
i low sided while doing some canyon carving with my buddies. it was on a decreasing radius corner at the bottom of a downhill straight. i failed to look all the way thru the turn, took my eyes off the exit and looked at the edge of the road for a split second, i ran wide and tried to lean more and apply more throttle to pull it out. but it was too late, tires hit the dirt and the bike slipped out from under me. i wore all my gear and had a little slide in the dirt/grass on my butt and left shoulder. my helmet didn't even touch the ground so that's good. so i made out ok, confidence is a little shaken, but i'll slowly work my way back up. i will make the most of this mistake and learn from it.

as for the ninjette, it's going to need some work. both fairings and tank are scratched. the top of the front cowl and my 1 week old ZG double bubble got shattered. my rear right tail fairing cracked in pieces. and my 1 week old woodcraft clip on right hand bar got bent to a 45 degree from parallel. i was able to ride it home safely. right turns were a little hard.

i'm planning on painting my bike from red to white. the previous owner had dropped it on both sides, chipped the tank in various places, and did a crappy job trying to hide it. so now it gives me more of a reason to go thru with the paint job. if any body knows where I can get the front cowl and rear tail for decent prices let me know. also how do i go about getting a new woodcraft clip on aluminum bar? i ordered mine from Richard on this board. does anybody know if he is able to sell replacement bars, or is that something you gotta go thru woodcraft for. ride safe guys ATGATT!

csmith12
July 30th, 2011, 05:39 PM
glad your ok! sorry bout the bike... fix it, and get back out there.

Best of luck.

nickjpass
July 30th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Sorry to hear that? Can we see pictures of the damage? Maybe we can help?

Cuongism
July 30th, 2011, 06:20 PM
I got replacement bars from revzilla for $13 each.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/woodcraft-replacement-bars-each

ducducgooseit
July 30th, 2011, 06:55 PM
:(

almost40
July 30th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I took my bar to a local hardware store and bought a 2 foot matching piece for $4 then cut it to fit.