Think I might go and upgrade the 2 week old ninja 250r for a

2011 FZ6r yamaha over the ninja 650r

Alex
July 31st, 2011, 01:48 PM
Um, OK?

Merc250r
July 31st, 2011, 01:50 PM
Um, OK?

:confused:http://cdn2.mixrmedia.com/wp-uploads/girlybubble/blog/2011/07/troll-face.pngproblem

Bosgarage57
July 31st, 2011, 02:24 PM
I had an 05 fz6, nice bikes.

the big mike
July 31st, 2011, 02:25 PM
haha, I understand none of the above :thumbup:

why not keep your ninjette?

ally99
July 31st, 2011, 02:35 PM
Well, that's quite a, um, dramatic subject for such an obscure thread. :drama:

Snake
July 31st, 2011, 03:24 PM
The only thing it is missing is umm...discuss. Lol

2011Ninja250R
July 31st, 2011, 03:26 PM
:confused:

Trailerboy531
July 31st, 2011, 03:36 PM
Um, OK?

+1

CynicalC
July 31st, 2011, 03:40 PM
:confused:http://cdn2.mixrmedia.com/wp-uploads/girlybubble/blog/2011/07/troll-face.pngproblem

http://i.imgur.com/U2adt.jpg

Sailariel
July 31st, 2011, 03:50 PM
And you meant???

nickjpass
July 31st, 2011, 03:55 PM
I've got a better idea, get the FZ6 (Why anyway? You've only ridden for two weeks.) and keep the Ninja...but you should stay on the Ninja for much longer. There is no way you have mastered it, unless you're MotoGP worthy. Forget the larger bike. Just because it can go 140MPH doesn't mean you should get it. The Ninja 250R is definitely capable of getting your license revoked.

Also, you said "over the 650R". Why? I'm staying with Kawasaki...also, why were you looking for a larger bike? You can research them, and decide which you want in the future. But, the future shouldn't be tomorrow. You've had the Ninjette for two weeks!!!

csmith12
July 31st, 2011, 03:56 PM
my interpretation...

OP got a 2fiddy 2 weeks ago and is now considering an upgrade.

nickjpass
July 31st, 2011, 04:02 PM
Your observation. He thinks he's "ready". Your never ready. 2fiddy is beast.

Vampyre
July 31st, 2011, 04:04 PM
I am not trying to be mean or anything, but I saw you leave from the Steak N Shake meet 1.5 weeks ago. I really think you should keep the 250 for a bit longer and work on you throttle/clutch control before deciding so abruptly to upgrade. Mistakes that seem like nothing on the 250 can be quite disastrous on bigger bikes. It just seemed like weren't as smooth as you could be.

wtfh4xx
July 31st, 2011, 04:10 PM
Better idea, keep the 250r and learn to ride.
What your experiencing now is a confidence override from not crashing in 2 weeks time.
It will happen, especially if you have it in your head that you can handle a 600 right now.

I say keep the 250 for a year and then get a used 600 with scratched fairings if possible.
Thats my own personal plan.

Merc250r
July 31st, 2011, 04:18 PM
I am not trying to be mean or anything, but I saw you leave from the Steak N Shake meet 1.5 weeks ago. I really think you should keep the 250 for a bit longer and work on you throttle/clutch control before deciding so abruptly to upgrade. Mistakes that seem like nothing on the 250 can be quite disastrous on bigger bikes. It just seemed like weren't as smooth as you could be.

:cool: good advice

Merc250r
July 31st, 2011, 04:19 PM
Don't get me wrong love the bike, but I don't want to hit 2012 and lose more value on the bike, was thinking upgrade now before I lose anymore. Not sure what they will give me for it :o

adri99an
July 31st, 2011, 04:47 PM
Once you leave the lot- it's yours for life.....didn't you read the disclaimer?

TenaciousD
July 31st, 2011, 04:59 PM
Don't get me wrong love the bike, but I don't want to hit 2012 and lose more value on the bike, was thinking upgrade now before I lose anymore. Not sure what they will give me for it :o

Yeah, it's usually best to keep any vehicle no more than two or three weeks. That way they don't depreciate at all and you can just keep getting new ones and not lose any money. :rolleyes: ;)

Merc250r
July 31st, 2011, 05:02 PM
yeah, it's usually best to keep any vehicle no more than two or three weeks. That way they don't depreciate at all and you can just keep getting new ones and not lose any money. :rolleyes: ;)

that"s what i"m talking about:d

nickjpass
July 31st, 2011, 05:02 PM
The 250 you have right now lost about (at least) a third of it's value.

Vampyre
July 31st, 2011, 05:07 PM
Looking at the selling prices and what one of our little meetup group members just got for his 250. Keeping it for a year will not effect what you can sell if for. His was a 2009 and he got 3800. Just don't try and sell it in winter and you should be fine.

nickjpass
July 31st, 2011, 05:09 PM
In NY usually they depreciate significantly. Or people are idiots. Either way, if you buy used, go on Craig's List.

Merc250r
July 31st, 2011, 05:25 PM
Looking at the selling prices and what one of our little meetup group members just got for his 250. Keeping it for a year will not effect what you can sell if for. His was a 2009 and he got 3800. Just don't try and sell it in winter and you should be fine.
:thumbup:

Jiggles
July 31st, 2011, 05:59 PM
You should get an R1

highpsiguy
July 31st, 2011, 06:04 PM
I am offended by your title to this post.

CynicalC
July 31st, 2011, 06:09 PM

Just wait until you see the rest of the internet. :rolleyes:

ducducgooseit
July 31st, 2011, 06:11 PM
:painkiller: :bunnycake: :ganja:

CZroe
July 31st, 2011, 06:15 PM
haha, I understand none of the above :thumbup:

why not keep your ninjette?

Troll, troll, troll your boat. (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&xhr=t&q=trollface&cp=8&qe=dHJvbGxmYWM&qesig=HQzJ-VPoWTH9tknqRokiJg&pkc=AFgZ2tlZykEoOrHOXGhQluKdWSOIB4jFXwQ0Ppx8RFD9cYgcFn4oCvb-5hGvDNqmM7AHhOXRD-2E5UIbxeAs6BZ5s8gsYL2S4A&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1360&bih=658&wrapid=tljp1312161147940014&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi)

He's trying to get a rise out of you by coming into your domain and saying something that he believes will cause us to react. It's the very definition of "Internet Troll."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

At least he's honest about it. ;) Most trolls will troll as long as there are people reacting ("feeding the troll") without ever letting on that they are a troll.

highpsiguy
July 31st, 2011, 06:19 PM
Just wait until you see the rest of the internet. :rolleyes:

Offended nontheless. :squint:

adri99an
July 31st, 2011, 06:30 PM
Think I might go and upgrade the 2 week old ninja 250r for a

2011 FZ6r yamaha over the ninja 650r

You should get a BUSA or a zx14....

Then post pics of your lowside or highside or whatever might happen to you:p

Snake
July 31st, 2011, 06:53 PM

I suggest you PM the OP and discuss your concerns with him there. If you do it here this thread could turn ugly.

nickjpass
July 31st, 2011, 07:42 PM

Make sure you have Nitrous on it :thumbup:

kyrider
July 31st, 2011, 08:04 PM
Blasphemer!

nickjpass
July 31st, 2011, 08:06 PM
Blasphemer!

What?

almost40
July 31st, 2011, 08:17 PM

Nahh TURBO BUSA.
You can handle it. YOU DA MAN.

Gurk
July 31st, 2011, 08:24 PM

+million. had my first real ride today. wasn't bad but there were two occasions where my clutch/throttle control failed miserably and I'm pretty sure if I was on a 600, let alone an R6, I'd be initially on 1 and then on 0 wheel. Infact where I'd go, cc's wouldn't matter ;)

rusninja
July 31st, 2011, 11:27 PM
Money wont buy skill, and no skill could bring injury or atleast embarrassment ;]

azimmer11
August 1st, 2011, 05:33 AM
buy an r1 and install a turbo kit

rusninja
August 1st, 2011, 06:07 AM
Lets not get mean now. Its just that losing money is no good reason to get a bigger bike especialy when the bigger bikes lose more value. The 5k gixxer people buy used was once 10k+ new msrp and The ninja 250 is 3500 avg when msrp is 4k.

gt_turbo
August 1st, 2011, 06:29 AM
buy an r1 and install a turbo kit

you joke, but i know a guy who has done that. he bought a brand new 250R, rode for a month, then sold it for half the cost, and picked up a '03 R1. he's been riding for 3 seasons now. i went riding with him and this guy rides pretty slow. trail braking thru the corners, afraid to lean his bike, and even slow in the straight aways because he's afraid of the power. he told me he regrets selling his 250 so soon. and was thinking about getting another one. :rolleyes:

nickjpass
August 1st, 2011, 11:22 AM
We just don't want him to do that.

JS73
August 1st, 2011, 11:39 AM
Practice more and then do a track day or track school. You'll soon find out how capable the little Ninja really is. I see you are in Orlando, if you can trailer the bike, Jennings is only a 2hr drive away.

Merc250r
August 1st, 2011, 11:51 AM
Lets not get mean now. Its just that losing money is no good reason to get a bigger bike especialy when the bigger bikes lose more value. The 5k gixxer people buy used was once 10k+ new msrp and The ninja 250 is 3500 avg when msrp is 4k.too late :p:p

here she is http://upshizzle.com/pfiles/10767/Bike.jpg

pay her off next week and pic her up.

Jiggles
August 1st, 2011, 11:58 AM
too late :p:p

here she is http://upshizzle.com/pfiles/10767/Bike.jpg

pay her off next week and pic her up.

You need to change your name now to MercR1deceased

Jesse8931
August 1st, 2011, 11:58 AM
you know what they say about a fool and his money.

Alex
August 1st, 2011, 12:03 PM
/moved to the ex-ninjetters lair.

FZ6R is no more of a steaming pool of death than our beloved 250, and is also marketed as a sensible starter machine. Whether trading in a 2-week old bike is Suze Orman approved is a different matter, but it's not our money either.

Bosgarage57
August 1st, 2011, 12:07 PM
Wow the FZ6R, sure is a big difference than the 05 FZ6 I had, looks wise. Very nice bike. Just be careful on the throttle response, on mine it was jerky, like nothing then all of a sudden INSTANT go, no roll on what so ever. But maybe they fixed that in the 6 years its been out. Anywhoo, good looking bike. Hope you stay around and let us know how you like it.

oroboros
August 1st, 2011, 12:12 PM

FZ6R is no more of a steaming pool of death than our beloved 250, and is also marketed as a sensible starter machine. Whether trading in a 2-week old bike is Suze Orman approved is a different matter, but it's not our money either.

Thanks Dad. :)

Always the voice of reason.

ps, Suze would probabaly not approve unless he has a wicked portfolio.

Merc250r
August 1st, 2011, 12:19 PM
holy S H I T what's with the hate? the ninja250r does not accelerate on the highway good luck passing anyone with my ass being 220 lbs it's not going anywhere.

Merc250r
August 1st, 2011, 12:19 PM

that's an ignorant statement to make

Jesse8931
August 1st, 2011, 12:20 PM
holy S H I T what's with the hate? the ninja250r does not accelerate on the highway good luck passing anyone with my ass being 220 lbs it's not going anywhere.

you just dont know how to ride it. I rode mine on the highway everday no problem

Alex
August 1st, 2011, 12:23 PM
that's an ignorant statement to make

You're on a roll. How so?

Jiggles
August 1st, 2011, 12:25 PM

I know what you mean, at 200lbs I was only able to get mine up to 95mph the other day before I had to slow down :D

Merc250r
August 1st, 2011, 12:26 PM
you just dont know how to ride it. I rode mine on the highway everday no problem

you're a gigantic moron that is all, I read a couple threads in this section and all I see is hate for those that leave their 250's wtf

Merc250r
August 1st, 2011, 12:27 PM
You're on a roll. How so?
so then wtf is the point of having a bike over 250? so you're saying the 600's 750's 1000 are all useless

Alex
so then wtf is the point of having a bike over 250? so you're saying the 600's 750's 1000 are all useless

No - learn to read for content. I was defending your choice and you attacked me.

/'Merc's on a short break (1.4, 2.1). Enjoy the FZ6R.

Merc250r
I know what you mean, at 200lbs I was only able to get mine up to 95mph the other day before I had to slow down :D

accelerating from 65-80 which is most highway driving is a nightmare stop the bullshit

Jesse8931
August 1st, 2011, 12:28 PM
Also, why are you even getting an Fz6? So slow.

If you want speed, get an R6.

better yet, get an R1.

No wait - if highway speed is your craving, get a GSXR1300. That'll do it.

But good luck when you find yourself at a turn. Because you will be too terrified to do anything, having never actually learned how to ride a bike :rolleyes:

I had a friend who had a r6 who would do 140+ in a strait line well there was one turn that was known around here for motorcycles to speed through I went trough it around 80mph leaned in and made it through he got scared at 65 and lowsided it. bike was done for but best of all his ego was hurt. I truly believe that crash saved his life because another buddy was killed speeding and hit a truck. And my friend took the msf and bought a cruiser.

Bosgarage57
August 1st, 2011, 12:31 PM
I'm not hatin!! Glad you got a bike, hope you have the experience for it and just be careful. I could careless what people ride, as long as your can take that turn coming towards me and not kill me and you!

Jiggles
August 1st, 2011, 12:32 PM
accelerating from 65-80 which is most highway driving is a nightmare stop the bullshit

I used to think that too until I learned that 4th gear would take the bike up to 75. I do agree that on the highway it is a little underpowered but thats exactly why I am getting an Area P exhaust for the ninjette instead of a new bike.

rockNroll
August 1st, 2011, 12:43 PM
you just need NOS

csmith12
August 1st, 2011, 12:48 PM
No hate here....

I used to ride cruisers, the bigger the better. I started on a gsx 600 when I went to sport bikes. I soon realized (after about 2weeks), I was way out of my league when it came to ability to ride the machine the way it was designed to be ridden. My body position was horrible, my throttle control was a total wash and so many other things.

Like you, I got a 250 and thought.... WTF no power, how can this be any fun or good. I stuck it out, after the MSF and much research into what sport bike riding was all about. The machines will change as your skills change. I can now pass that very same gxs (sold to a friend) on my favorite twisty road.

Many on this very forum will agree these bikes leave much to be desired while highway riding. But bikes come in many different applications. If you need a comfortable highway bike, the have a look at sport touring bikes, if you want major fun in the twisties, best start with something you CAN control and will forgive you when you make a mistake. 250's will offer you this forgiveness to a point, not 100%, but more often than most bikes. While it WILL feel majorly better on a 600 class bike but it will put your ass on the asphalt faster as well when you make a mistake.

After reading this thread, I don't believe we all want you to keep your 250 just because its what this forum is about. We would like to see all riders grow at a pace where they don't end up as road crayons due to lack of experience and skill.

Bikes are no joke, they will kill you and not say they are sorry. Whatever you get, make sure you know the bike and progressively learn how to ride it. Don't forget to get ALL your gear and wear it as much as possible. I just watched a fellow rider FLY 25ft down a embankment. His gear saved his life that day.

nickjpass
August 1st, 2011, 01:23 PM
My brother has a 3000GT..he has about 10,000 in performance parts, which includes a Nitrous system..according to his times (0-60, etc), a Ninja 250R can still beat it.

nickjpass
August 1st, 2011, 01:57 PM
10,000 into a 3000gt and hasn't broken into the 14's?

I think he might be spending money in the wrong places there :o

He definitely has a higher top speed but I'm just trying to tell merc250deceased not to underestimate the 250r.

Merc250deceased, you need to make sure you take it easy. I hope you don't drive off a corner and into a guardrail.

Reddoak
August 1st, 2011, 02:10 PM
2 weeks is nothing.. You should take advantage of the 250r and hit some twisties like everyday. You can learn so much from that bike. You probably got tired of the "straight line speed" and think you are ready for an upgrade... Sigh... Such an American way of thinking. BIGGER IS BETTAR I NEED MOAR BECUZ ITS NOT FAST ON THA HIGHWAY.

I agree 100% with the saying "It's better to ride a slow bike fast, than ride a fast bike slow."

And this post is coming from a 600 rider who started off on a CBR600 and now wants a 250r for a daily driver and twisty killer.
Good advice. Except there are no twisties in Orlando. Which is why you see so many unhelmeted bro-tards zipping around on Gixxers. Not enough places to crash.

you're a gigantic moron that is all, I read a couple threads in this section and all I see is hate for those that leave their 250's wtf

I don't have any hate in my ex-ninjetter thread. I loved my 250, but after three years, it was time for something new that did what I wanted a bit better. Good chance the ER-6n lasts about that long, too. Except from Caps, and he's a known window-licker. Even then, no hate from me. We'll go ride sometime out by Avalon Road since you're out that way.

My brother has a 3000GT..he has about 10,000 in performance parts, which includes a Nitrous system..according to his times (0-60, etc), a Ninja 250R can still beat it.
That's because it's a Mitsu, and won't go the 1/4 mile without breaking. :p

setasai
August 1st, 2011, 03:21 PM
I'm starting to see a pattern now. Everytime a thread is started about an accident or new more powerful bike it goes 1 of 2 ways.

Crash:
1) Dude bummers goodluck recovering, glad you had ATGATT
2) goodluck recovering, you were an idiot for not wearing gear.

New bike:
1) sweet ride, i love that bike, be careful
2) why the hell do you need a new bike after such a short period of time? you're going to kill yourself!

Basically what i'm saying is, we dont hate you because you got a new bike. We're worried that you made the choice too soon after only 2-weeks with the 250R. I for one love that new bike you got and I congratulate you for getting such a sweet ride. At the same time, be very careful and ride safe.

For what it's worth, as a fairly defensive rider, I have put on 4k+ miles on the ninja being 3k of highway riding, I have yet had an issue with passing someone mainly because I dont try to pass them when they're dangerous. I hang back and let them pass me and keep my distance. Someone coming too close to me? No biggy, I move over and let them pass. Does this hurt the fun I have riding, not at all. It's rarely safer to speed up and pass someone once you reach 70-75mph, on the streets that is.

EsrTek
August 1st, 2011, 03:28 PM
I've had my 250 for 2 mo's and had on old gen for 1 mo before that... think I'll go upgrade after the gap trip before my value on bike goes down more :eek:

Alex
August 1st, 2011, 04:08 PM
I'm starting to see a pattern now. Everytime a thread is started about an accident or new more powerful bike it goes 1 of 2 ways.

Crash:
1) Dude bummers goodluck recovering, glad you had ATGATT
2) goodluck recovering, you were an idiot for not wearing gear.

New bike:
1) sweet ride, i love that bike, be careful
2) why the hell do you need a new bike after such a short period of time? you're going to kill yourself!

Just a few more years of advanced AI theory, and we can have the forum software post up all of our responses automatically. We can just sit back and watch motorcycle racing while drinking margaritas. :thumbup:

setasai
August 1st, 2011, 04:23 PM
Just a few more years of advanced AI theory, and we can have the forum software post up all of our responses automatically. We can just sit back and watch motorcycle racing while drinking margaritas. :thumbup:

If that were to happen our post counts would probably drop dramatically. =) We'll never need to post again!

nickjpass
August 1st, 2011, 04:24 PM
That would be pretty boring.

EsrTek
August 1st, 2011, 05:40 PM
Nah the next step is video chat, where we record our post via webcam and it automatically goes to youtube or something like that.

It would probably help misinterpretations of a post a lot :thumbup:

caps
August 1st, 2011, 05:49 PM
I don't have any hate in my ex-ninjetter thread. I loved my 250, but after three years, it was time for something new that did what I wanted a bit better. Good chance the ER-6n lasts about that long, too. Except from Caps, and he's a known window-licker. Even then, no hate from me. We'll go ride sometime out by Avalon Road since you're out that way.

Stupid naked 650r :rolleyes:

Trailerboy531
August 1st, 2011, 07:06 PM

You all saw it here first - DRINKS ON ALEX! :thumbup:

ally99
August 2nd, 2011, 04:12 AM
That would be pretty boring.

...except the margaritas part!

rockNroll
August 2nd, 2011, 04:25 AM
FZ6R is a supersport, uh oh!

etiainen
August 2nd, 2011, 04:28 AM
I used to think that too until I learned that 4th gear would take the bike up to 75. I do agree that on the highway it is a little underpowered but thats exactly why I am getting an Area P exhaust for the ninjette instead of a new bike.

YES...this is what I tell people who are, 250s can't accelerate on the highway.

I tell them, I drive a manual transmission, there's this thing called DOWNSHIFTING

LOL:p

rusninja
August 2nd, 2011, 05:22 AM
For what it's worth, as a fairly defensive rider, I have put on 4k+ miles on the ninja being 3k of highway riding, I have yet had an issue with passing someone mainly because I dont try to pass them when they're dangerous. I hang back and let them pass me and keep my distance. Someone coming too close to me? No biggy, I move over and let them pass. Does this hurt the fun I have riding, not at all. It's rarely safer to speed up and pass someone once you reach 70-75mph, on the streets that is.

That is the most perfect thing i have ever heard! big 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000+

I say why do people need more then 250 peoples egos have to get in the way. Seriously first it was money now its highway speed merc your in denial. :S But geting back to the awesome paragraph. I plan on geting a 250 then riding it into the ground(not literaly) then shoot maybe ill get a 600 or 675 cause i like the sexy undertail exhaust and bike design! I dont care who i need to pass seriously people make it sound they need a 600+ just to make it on the freeway. Seriously man your on a motorcycle you need to drive defensively 600s dont have magical barriers. Only more power which can rarly help unless you get yourself in trouble. Accelerating will not get you out of the way when you decide to pass someone then guy infront hits his brakes and you made it worse by increasing the force. Ehhh fudge it lets get serious you dont need to go that fast, guy going 85 you wana pass him you go 100 which the ninjette can do and your only going to take the bus to places.

From earlyer posts i also see your not the best rider :P But atleast it seems like you are a straightline queen ;) if you are complaining about the 250s great perfomance.

I drive a 2000 ford focus zx3 and im proud of my autos 10 sec 0-60 because seriously the thing handles awesome on curves iv had soccermoms and camrys try to run me down best thing i did was pay attention and give some brake or a little gas depending on a situation with my slow car:p, seriously when i get a new car i hope i enjoy it as much as this one because you can get more power but you can also get in trouble easy. Handling is the most legal fun you can have within the speedlimit. Who doesnt like to ride some nice curves?:D

etiainen
August 2nd, 2011, 05:32 AM
+1 for riding the 250 into the ground:D

(not literally either of course:p)

rusninja
August 2nd, 2011, 05:42 AM

He is not a moron he speaks the truth. Is your car a lambo because it seems like you dont know how to drive if you cant handle the speed limit.

rusninja
August 2nd, 2011, 05:53 AM
Found a video of someone not in a hurry and not riding defensive

http://youtu.be/QCvyIKAQKyU

clintalmighty
August 2nd, 2011, 06:28 AM
That is the most perfect thing i have ever heard! big 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000+

I say why do people need more then 250 peoples egos have to get in the way. Seriously first it was money now its highway speed merc your in denial. :S But geting back to the awesome paragraph. I plan on geting a 250 then riding it into the ground(not literaly) then shoot maybe ill get a 600 or 675 cause i like the sexy undertail exhaust and bike design! I dont care who i need to pass seriously people make it sound they need a 600+ just to make it on the freeway. Seriously man your on a motorcycle you need to drive defensively 600s dont have magical barriers. Only more power which can rarly help unless you get yourself in trouble. Accelerating will not get you out of the way when you decide to pass someone then guy infront hits his brakes and you made it worse by increasing the force. Ehhh fudge it lets get serious you dont need to go that fast, guy going 85 you wana pass him you go 100 which the ninjette can do and your only going to take the bus to places.

From earlyer posts i also see your not the best rider :P But atleast it seems like you are a straightline queen ;) if you are complaining about the 250s great perfomance.

I drive a 2000 ford focus zx3 and im proud of my autos 10 sec 0-60 because seriously the thing handles awesome on curves iv had soccermoms and camrys try to run me down best thing i did was pay attention and give some brake or a little gas depending on a situation with my slow car:p, seriously when i get a new car i hope i enjoy it as much as this one because you can get more power but you can also get in trouble easy. Handling is the most legal fun you can have within the speedlimit. Who doesnt like to ride some nice curves?:D

Guys who has had 250 for at least 2 weeks > guy who doesn't even ride yet.

Not sayin' you're wrong, because your points are valid. However, I don't think the OP is getting flamed because he wants to ditch the 250 for the FZ6R, because an FZ6R is a very good beginner bike that you will not soon outgrow and is more ideal for highway commuting than the 250. It is the way the OP came across as an ignorant douche. What the hell do expect people on this site to say? Yes, a 250 is a LOT more forgiving machine to learn on, but it will also make you lazy when is comes to controlling a bike, i.e. throttle control because you can pin the throttle and not even go anywhere; sometimes, as a noob, you make mistakes and don't even realize what you did is wrong because the bike gives you such gentle feedback. This board is probably the most helpful/friendly forum I have come across, but at times it seems like a support group for insecure people to come together to make each other feel good about their little bikes, a place where anyone who rides anything bigger than a 250 is a squid because "you'll never ride it to its potential." Who the hell cares? Ride your own ride OP, but if need a support group to make yourself feel better about your new bike, an FZ6R forum is probably a better place to go. :cool:

etiainen
August 2nd, 2011, 08:43 AM
Just throwing it out there, isn't the FZ6r the worst of the middleweights in fuel eco?

Not staring a flame war of the middleweights, I was reading somewhere that it had the lowest mpg averages in its class.

(Since the issue was highway commuting, seems like a 650r could be better?)

clintalmighty
August 2nd, 2011, 08:47 AM
Just throwing it out there, isn't the FZ6r the worst of the middleweights in fuel eco?

Not staring a flame war of the middleweights, I was reading somewhere that it had the lowest mpg averages in its class.

(Since the issue was highway commuting, seems like a 650r could be better?)

Could be, because the FZ6R is an inline 4, and the Ninja 650 is a v-twin, so i think that could be your difference

Kalivos
August 2nd, 2011, 08:53 AM
Could be, because the FZ6R is an inline 4, and the Ninja 650 is a v-twin, so i think that could be your difference

650 is a parallel twin, not a v-twin.

setasai
August 2nd, 2011, 10:53 AM

Thanks!

Found a video of someone not in a hurry and not riding defensive

http://youtu.be/QCvyIKAQKyU

Dude that's insane. Blind corners. Definitely not a good idea.

Guys who has had 250 for at least 2 weeks > guy who doesn't even ride yet.

...a place where anyone who rides anything bigger than a 250 is a squid because "you'll never ride it to its potential." Who the hell cares? Ride your own ride OP, but if need a support group to make yourself feel better about your new bike, an FZ6R forum is probably a better place to go. :cool:

Exactly which is why I said for the OP to go for it and enjoy it. Whatever he wants is what's best. The only thing as with all bikes and riding, be careful and only make maneuvers you know you can handle. It's a sweet bike. End statement.

clintalmighty
August 2nd, 2011, 11:12 AM
650 is a parallel twin, not a v-twin.

I stand corrected. I was thinking of the SV650

setasai
August 2nd, 2011, 11:14 AM
I stand corrected. I was thinking of the SV650

Which is also a very sweet bike. A lot of people dont like the look of the SV650 but i think it's still pretty cool and extremely practical too.

Bosgarage57
August 2nd, 2011, 11:17 AM
I wish I would have gotten an sv650 instead of the fz6 I purchased a while back. I think the sv looks better, in the headlights, and seats. I hate a 1 peice seat :(

azimmer11
August 3rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Alex, am i allowed to say haters gonna hate now?

Vampyre
August 3rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
Haters?

[ ] Not gonna Hate
[X] Gonna hate

azimmer11
August 3rd, 2011, 01:08 PM
haters gonna hate! :D

caps
August 3rd, 2011, 01:09 PM
Haters?

[ ] Not gonna Hate
[X] Gonna hate

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24/capsisking/THREAD%20BOMB/thidzj8w.gif

PsychoNinja
August 3rd, 2011, 02:09 PM
To the OP, congrats on getting the FZ6R! :thumbup:

I was considering one of those for my upgrade, but found that the Ninja 650R fit me better and no dealers in my area had a FZ6R to try out.:D

Also, looking back I wished that I would've bought the 650R in the first place, but I still don't regret starting out on the 250R. It taught me a lot in the 8 months that I had it.

Enjoy and ride safe!

almost40
August 3rd, 2011, 02:25 PM
Which is also a very sweet bike. A lot of people dont like the look of the SV650 but i think it's still pretty cool and extremely practical too.

I like this one. Nice looking sv650 if you ask me.

etiainen
August 4th, 2011, 04:55 AM
They don't make the SV650 anymore do they right?

I haven't really seen of the fully faired ones around, plenty of naked ones though, I know someone with one who really loves it.

setasai
August 4th, 2011, 12:31 PM
They don't make the SV650 anymore do they right?

I haven't really seen of the fully faired ones around, plenty of naked ones though, I know someone with one who really loves it.

Do you mean that generation of sv650 or as a whole? They just revamped the look of them. I like the dash on the new sv650's. Very cool looking.

etiainen
August 4th, 2011, 12:36 PM
I thought they didn't offer the SV650 at all in the US after 2009?

alex.s
August 4th, 2011, 01:52 PM
good laugh i got out of this thread.

"i shift at 6k rpm like i'm supposed to, have poor throttle and clutch control, and can't pass people on the highway when we're both doing 100mph... i need a 600"

i've been riding the 250 as hard as i can just about every day for about 2 years and i am still nowhere close to being a better rider than it is capable of providing for. i have the predecessor to an FZ6R (fzr600) and yes, if you want to do 150 down the highway, the ninja isn't the bike for you. but the ninja has absolutely no issue passing cars on the highway at upwards of 90-100mph... just ask honey badger.

if you need a 600 because the ninja is "too slow" you're either:
a) doing it wrong
b) doing it way to fast (150 on the street is going to kill you eventually)
c) doing it wrong by trying to race 600s in a straight line.

if you feel your manhood has been hurt by option c, then take them to your local corners and show them what riding a bike actually requires: skill.

nickjpass
August 4th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I thought they didn't offer the SV650 at all in the US after 2009?

They offer the SFV650. Which in my opinion is very nice looking. Based on Ducati I think.

alex.s
August 4th, 2011, 04:14 PM
ducati? why do you say that? because it's got a trellis frame?

nickjpass
August 4th, 2011, 04:20 PM
ducati? why do you say that? because it's got a trellis frame?

Yea. The frame is like the Ducati Monster. Everyone wants those (exaggeration). I'm not sure what trellis means, if Bing defined it correctly, then it means it's a crappy frame?

It's kind of a copy of the Monster, Diavel, HyperMotard, and Streetfighter.

alex.s
August 4th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Yea. The frame is like the Ducati Monster. Everyone wants those (exaggeration). I'm not sure what trellis means, if Bing defined it correctly, then it means it's a crappy frame?

It's kind of a copy of the Monster, Diavel, HyperMotard, and Streetfighter.

what about the vtr250?
http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/200902/honda-vtr-250_460x0w.jpg

i don't know much about ducatis... when did they start using trellis over a standard tube frame? was it the 851 in 87? edit: oh... looks like maybe it was the imola in the 70s?? man the older ducatis... my goodness... i want one. p.s. i guess ducati was the first widespread use of trellis... so i guess honda and suzuki did rip them off to some extent... touche salesman. touche.

nickjpass
August 4th, 2011, 06:35 PM
what about the vtr250?
http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/200902/honda-vtr-250_460x0w.jpg

i don't know much about ducatis... when did they start using trellis over a standard tube frame? was it the 851 in 87? edit: oh... looks like maybe it was the imola in the 70s?? man the older ducatis... my goodness... i want one. p.s. i guess ducati was the first widespread use of trellis... so i guess honda and suzuki did rip them off to some extent... touche salesman. touche.

I don't know if they used the same frame, but, it looks a lot like a Ducati. In my opinion it's the only naked bike I like.

Alex
August 5th, 2011, 08:49 PM
haters gonna hate! :D

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-9FpJmmT/0/XL/i-9FpJmmT-XL.gif

Xoulrath
August 5th, 2011, 10:23 PM
That is one of the funniest things I have seen in a while, Alex!

Thanks for the laugh.

Kevin2109
August 5th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I really cant believe this thread has so many replies!!

Too40gawlf
August 6th, 2011, 04:54 PM
good laugh i got out of this thread.

"i shift at 6k rpm like i'm supposed to, have poor throttle and clutch control, and can't pass people on the highway when we're both doing 100mph... i need a 600"

i've been riding the 250 as hard as i can just about every day for about 2 years and i am still nowhere close to being a better rider than it is capable of providing for. i have the predecessor to an FZ6R (fzr600) and yes, if you want to do 150 down the highway, the ninja isn't the bike for you. but the ninja has absolutely no issue passing cars on the highway at upwards of 90-100mph... just ask honey badger.

if you need a 600 because the ninja is "too slow" you're either:
a) doing it wrong
b) doing it way to fast (150 on the street is going to kill you eventually)
c) doing it wrong by trying to race 600s in a straight line.

if you feel your manhood has been hurt by option c, then take them to your local corners and show them what riding a bike actually requires: skill.

There is no doubt that the Ninja 250 is an adequate bike for the highway. But what you wrote up top is a load. Unless you weigh 50 lbs and have hurricane force winds at your back, the Ninja 250 isnt going to pass anything at 90-100 mph. At that speed, the 250 has zero acceleration left.

Kevin2109
August 6th, 2011, 04:59 PM
There is no doubt that the Ninja 250 is an adequate bike for the highway. But what you wrote up top is a load. Unless you weigh 50 lbs and have hurricane force winds at your back, the Ninja 250 isnt going to pass anything at 90-100 mph. At that speed, the 250 has zero acceleration left.

As alex says honey badger, thats me. Hes saying the 250 has no problem doing 100mph, sure its not going much faster then that, but I can sure pass 99.9% of people on the freeway no problem at all :thumbup:

And alex said, if you want to see the real potential of the 250 hit some corners. By no means am I a perfect driver but I can easily keep up with/pass 75% of the 600s at GMR. Adrian could pass most of them lol

nickjpass
August 6th, 2011, 05:23 PM
As alex says honey badger, thats me. Hes saying the 250 has no problem doing 100mph, sure its not going much faster then that, but I can sure pass 99.9% of people on the freeway no problem at all :thumbup:

And alex said, if you want to see the real potential of the 250 hit some corners. By no means am I a perfect driver but I can easily keep up with/pass 75% of the 600s at GMR. Adrian could pass most of them lol
So I'm guessing Adrian is a really good rider?

Kevin2109
August 6th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I would say yes. He's been riding that same road for 3+ years now lol. But I'm catching up ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

jamesio
August 6th, 2011, 06:41 PM
My ninjette struggles to get to 100mph...i pretty much have to be on a pretty good decline to get the speedo to touch 100mph. I think i bog her down a bit at 210lbs :lol:

but even so, passing any vehicle going at normal speeds is no problem on the highway for me. i imagine a 600cc bike would just accelerate and pass faster than the 250. other than that, a little timing is all it takes sometimes

jamesio
August 6th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I like this one. Nice looking sv650 if you ask me.

my buddy has that one

as you can see the front tire is a glazed donut :lol:

it seems like a pretty sweet bike. he let me test it out in a parking lot one day, only rode it around it 1st and 2nd gear tho.

clintalmighty
August 6th, 2011, 09:12 PM
my buddy has that one

as you can see the front tire is a glazed donut :lol:

it seems like a pretty sweet bike. he let me test it out in a parking lot one day, only rode it around it 1st and 2nd gear tho.

more pics of washer?

nickjpass
August 6th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I don't like how the SV650 has the weird boxy two piece seat. I don't mind two piece seats but it just looks old lol.

rusninja
August 6th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Maybe because it is.

nickjpass
August 7th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Maybe because it is.

The latest model is the 2009 and it looks like it was designed in 1990.

Sixringz
August 7th, 2011, 08:08 AM
The fz6r def looks better than the 650r IMO. My buddy has one and always keeps it in my garage lol. Its a cool bike. I would prefer it over the ninja 250. I just don't care for the handle bars on either the ninja 650 or fz6r.

nickjpass
August 7th, 2011, 11:34 AM
The fz6r def looks better than the 650r IMO. My buddy has one and always keeps it in my garage lol. Its a cool bike. I would prefer it over the ninja 250. I just don't care for the handle bars on either the ninja 650 or fz6r.

What's different about the handlebars?

Xoulrath
August 7th, 2011, 09:19 PM
They are actual handlebars, as opposed to pseudo clip-ons.

nickjpass
August 7th, 2011, 10:28 PM
They are actual handlebars, as opposed to pseudo clip-ons.

What is wrong with the stock ones, and how do the aftermarket handlebars affect handling/comfort?

NathanUc
August 11th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I was thinking about getting a 650r for a really long time now and almost did. HOWEVER.. days like today make me glad I still didn't. Today I was having some fun on country roads and went WOT to 13k (about 30-35mph) in first and shifted into second right before a really long sweeping turn and did a mini power wheelie.. hey did you know you can hardly a turn a bike without the front wheel on the ground?

If that would have happened on a 650r, it probably wouldn't have been a mini power wheelie and probably would have been me crying over a bike wrapped around a tree. Lesser is more.

5,921miles about 4 months.

No trollin here, just saying pre-mature 'upgrading' can cost you more than the couple hundred $ you'll loose going into 2012 with your Ninja. Until you need the power, you shouldn't get it.

CZroe
August 12th, 2011, 08:44 AM
I don't like how the SV650 has the weird boxy two piece seat. I don't mind two piece seats but it just looks old lol.

Long single-piece "banana seats" like what are on the pregen are what look old. That said, I never liked the boxy passenger seat either.

CZroe
August 12th, 2011, 08:48 AM
What is wrong with the stock ones, and how do the aftermarket handlebars affect handling/comfort?

I doubt there's anything wrong with them, they just aren't sporty and don't have a "sport" position. Neither does the 250R, but at least they don't look like tubular ATV handlebars one, long single-piece tube for both grips). There are clip-ons available to improve the sporty look and posture (lower and more forward).

Merc250r
August 13th, 2011, 06:20 AM
http://upshizzle.com/pfiles/11182/bike1.jpg

next to friends ducati which I got to drive, scary as crap to much power IMO:eek:

http://upshizzle.com/pfiles/11183/bike%203.jpg

nickjpass
August 13th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Long single-piece "banana seats" like what are on the pregen are what look old. That said, I never liked the boxy passenger seat either.

Certain sport bikes are getting uglier, uglier, and even more uglier.

matha028
August 13th, 2011, 03:26 PM
So what your saying is that after 2 months and 4200 miles on my 250. An '09 ZX-14R for $7995 is a bad idea?

Reddoak
August 13th, 2011, 05:04 PM
So what your saying is that after 2 months and 4200 miles on my 250. An '09 ZX-14R for $7995 is a bad idea?

I say do it. Sell all your worthless, expensive gear, too. Just wear flip flops and a wife-beater.

Merc250r
August 13th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Things I miss about the ninja

It has better braking

Easier in the twisties

Better mpg

Better lighting

Merc250r
August 13th, 2011, 05:38 PM

I sat on that bike at the dealer holy crap too big.

Reddoak
August 13th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Things I miss about the ninja

It has better braking

Easier in the twisties

Better mpg

Better lighting

Time to update your profile....

Yeah, I missed the MPG at first, but it wound up being about 5-10 MPG once the bike was broken in... The little Ninja was easier to maneuver in a parking lot, and had better wind protection than the ER does.

nickjpass
August 13th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Time to update your profile....

Yeah, I missed the MPG at first, but it wound up being about 5-10 MPG once the bike was broken in... The little Ninja was easier to maneuver in a parking lot, and had better wind protection than the ER does.

But since the ER-6n is naked, you can't really compare wind protection.

Merc250r
August 14th, 2011, 07:34 AM
But since the ER-6n is naked, you can't really compare wind protection.

true

nickjpass
August 14th, 2011, 11:51 AM
It is a "sport tourer" what did you expect?:p

It's not a Sport Tourer. It's in the "Supersport" section on kawasaki.com for a reason.

Merc250r
August 14th, 2011, 01:13 PM
It's not a Sport Tourer. It's in the "Supersport" section on kawasaki.com for a reason.

does look like a sport tourer

CZroe
August 14th, 2011, 03:03 PM
does look like a sport tourer

That would be the Kawasaki Concours 14. It is based on the same bike.

Alex
August 14th, 2011, 04:21 PM
The ZX-14, like the Hayabusa, and the discontinued Blackbird, are all considered GT-type bikes rather than supersports. Kawi puts it there because there's no better place to put it on their website. Fun bikes, all of them (most bikes are!), but as stated above, they are a very different type of ride compared to the track-focused 600's and 1000's. A ZX-14 with some luggage configured could make for a very capable sport-touring bike. To denote this, it's one of the reasons that Kawi calls it the ZX-14, instead of the ZX-14R, a letter it appends to all of its sport-focused bikes (including our ninjette!).