View Full Version : New "crashing" subforum

Alex
August 1st, 2011, 06:21 PM
I've been pondering one of these for awhile. There are pro's to keeping crash threads in General and Riding Skills, but there are pro's to having a separate forum just for our crash events as well. We have enough of these threads (found almost 50 threads in just a minute or two), that there is certainly enough volume.

Here's a link: !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed! (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)

If you see a crash thread in any other forum, just hit "report this post" or bump the thread with a post, and I'll move 'em into the correct forum as I see 'em.

Snake
August 1st, 2011, 06:25 PM
I just hope that ppeople will read these threads and learn from them but not see crashing as a "badge of honor".

ducducgooseit
August 1st, 2011, 06:30 PM
:thumbup: on corralling the crashes. Now, if we can just cut down the number of them. :bounce:

Snake
August 1st, 2011, 06:34 PM
ducducgooseit, do you have a bike yet?

ducducgooseit
August 1st, 2011, 06:46 PM
:) Yes

Zombiphone
August 1st, 2011, 07:38 PM
:lol: What a great name for a subforum.

For the record, I will not be starting any threads there :squint:

almost40
August 1st, 2011, 07:57 PM

Knock on wood.:thumbup:

Snake
August 1st, 2011, 09:17 PM

+1 Here as well. Knock on wood that is. The next sound you hear is me tapping on the top of my head: Knock, Knock

almost40
August 2nd, 2011, 12:03 AM
+1 Here as well. Knock on wood that is. The next sound you hear is me tapping on the top of my head: Knock, Knock

do I wana know which head??
lol

huuhh huuhh you said wood.

ally99
August 2nd, 2011, 04:05 AM

I hope you're right!

NathanF
August 2nd, 2011, 11:13 PM
I've been pondering one of these for awhile. There are pro's to keeping crash threads in General and Riding Skills, but there are pro's to having a separate forum just for our crash events as well. We have enough of these threads (found almost 50 threads in just a minute or two), that there is certainly enough volume.

Here's a link: !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed! (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)

If you see a crash thread in any other forum, just hit "report this post" or bump the thread with a post, and I'll move 'em into the correct forum as I see 'em.

Beautiful!

I was just reading another crash section on another forum and was lamenting that we did not have something similar here. People always post with different subjects too, so there was no real decent way to search for all of them.

I think crash reports are really helpful in learning from other people's mistakes and misfortunes. Also helps to keep from getting too cocky, and remember that this is a dangerous sport.

Good work! :thumbup:

rusninja
August 3rd, 2011, 06:22 AM
:p i saw it and i was like what is that gibberish then i saw i crashed and i was like what. XD

Jinx250
August 3rd, 2011, 08:05 AM
:thumbup: on corralling the crashes. Now, if we can just cut down the number of them. :bounce:

And get people to understand:

1. You (not *you*, duck duck goose) did NOT "have to lay it down"
2. If the bike was moving, it's a crash not a drop