View Full Version : Rare 1988 Denver Broncos autographed football

Bushmaster11B
August 3rd, 2011, 01:39 PM
I have a RARE autographed football signed by the entireteam of 1988 Broncos to inclue the commissioner of NFL sgniture. This is a pre-sell attempt.uying. Going to sell on Ebay this weekend if no hits on here. $1000 or OBO, an I do mean OBO. It has John Elway, Steve Atwater amd many moe famous Broncos back whn the NFL wasn't just aout the money... lol

Bushmaster11B
August 3rd, 2011, 01:41 PM
Som more pics.. Oh a Football case is included. UPS ground shipping. Cash, check (ship when cleared by bank), and money order for payment. PM me if interested.

YORCHI
August 3rd, 2011, 01:42 PM
In keeping with the spirit of "Storage Wars"...

I'll start the best offer at $1

Bushmaster11B
August 3rd, 2011, 01:58 PM
OK, serious interest only need to reply. proceeds going towards medical exspenses.

cerberusrex25
August 3rd, 2011, 10:14 PM
If I had enough money I would jump on this, is a great investment opportunity. Bump to help a fellow ninjetter.

CC Cowboy
August 4th, 2011, 07:39 AM
$1.50 but you have to pay the shipping.

Bushmaster11B
August 4th, 2011, 10:35 AM
If I had enough money I would jump on this, is a great investment opportunity. Bump to help a fellow ninjetter.

I appreciate it bro. Btw, what exaclty is "bump"

Powerlogix
August 4th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I appreciate it bro. Btw, what exaclty is "bump"

When someone replies to a thread its gets bump to first on the page. So when he bumps you, he replied you're thread so now its on top of the page again.

Bushmaster11B
August 4th, 2011, 03:00 PM
oh ok, cool thanks for bumping me... I really need to sell this Football. I was 7 years old when I was wil my Dad ad his Best Frind (who was killed 3 years later) and we had this ball blank and then signed after a game in Denver. They used to eat at the Twin Hotels Cafe right by the old Mile High Stadium. 1988 they went to the Super Bowl with the Redskins. Unfortunetelt, they had their @$$es handed to them, but that just means this collectable is worth even more since it was a Classic SuperBowl year for the Broncos. Not to mention John Elway ha been inducted int the Hall of Fame some years ago. This was John Elway's first Super Bowl and by far was not his last. I think of this year (1988) as a huge time in his era because Elway just became good in his career and took his team who he never betrayed, and went all th way.

This football represents more than just John Elway but ever since I was a kid, John Elway was and is the Broncos because he is no your normal NFL sellout. That's why I think, as a fan, this football is worth every bit asked for. If you are interested and the price isn't for you, then PM and let's talk.

P.S. The $1 and $1.5 $hit is cute but you don't make me horney so stop replying. You are obviously a Cowboys fan... nothing wrong with them, I like chasing white lines too! LOL and J/K

2011Ninja250R
August 6th, 2011, 04:39 PM
$6.50 Who-Dey.

jamesio
August 6th, 2011, 08:15 PM
condition of football/signatures? how/where has the ball been kept over the years?

mjbroncos
August 6th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I hate to break it to you but those autograph's are copy's! I have the same ball plus 1987's ball. These were mass produced you might be able to get $50.00 or so on ebay. Sorry to give you bad news.

jamesio
August 7th, 2011, 04:36 AM
I hate to break it to you but those autograph's are copy's! I have the same ball plus 1987's ball. These were mass produced you might be able to get $50.00 or so on ebay. Sorry to give you bad news.

You have the same ball with the same autographs? Or just the blank ball...

Bushmaster11B
August 7th, 2011, 09:46 AM
The ball was blank and then signed. My Dad's best friend wa a chef at the Twin Towers Cafe and originally wanted to have his son there for he signing bu his son (age 8 at he time) ddn't like the Broncos. The signatures are iin good condition except Andre Townsend #61, He was RDE. The sigatures are real, I was there. What do you want from me? Do you wnt me to track down Elway himself? Yes they did mke copies and no this is no one of them. Dad's friend had it blank to set something up special for his son. Son didn't go so he asked my Dad if I wanted to. I went, end of story.

I tell you what, you give me a $250 deposit in my hand to cver professional authentication fees and I will provide a certificate authorizing the true nature of this ball by a professional. You can try to call my bluff, here is my offer. Don't waste my time with $hit talking kids (to whom it applies to).

I will post pic of smug I noticed on #61 signature.

Today is the last day for bidding on this ball. Tried to give Ninjetters a chance first because I did concider all of you my friends but then there are Pricks in the world that ruin it for everyone.

*can't freakin see, god PRK is kicking my arse*

Too40gawlf
August 8th, 2011, 01:26 PM
The ball was blank and then signed. My Dad's best friend wa a chef at the Twin Towers Cafe and originally wanted to have his son there for he signing bu his son (age 8 at he time) ddn't like the Broncos. The signatures are iin good condition except Andre Townsend #61, He was RDE. The sigatures are real, I was there. What do you want from me? Do you wnt me to track down Elway himself? Yes they did mke copies and no this is no one of them. Dad's friend had it blank to set something up special for his son. Son didn't go so he asked my Dad if I wanted to. I went, end of story.

I tell you what, you give me a $250 deposit in my hand to cver professional authentication fees and I will provide a certificate authorizing the true nature of this ball by a professional. You can try to call my bluff, here is my offer. Don't waste my time with $hit talking kids (to whom it applies to).

I will post pic of smug I noticed on #61 signature.

Today is the last day for bidding on this ball. Tried to give Ninjetters a chance first because I did concider all of you my friends but then there are Pricks in the world that ruin it for everyone.

*can't freakin see, god PRK is kicking my arse*

So are you saying we're not your friends anymore cause we dont want your ball?

Let us know what you get on EBay. My bet is that it will be closer to $100 than $1000.

bdavison
August 8th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Sorry, but if you want someone to drop 1K on a football, they will want proof the sigs are actually sigs and not printed on the ball. Based on the pics, those sigs are way to clean, in the same ink, and dont show stylization. Only a close up of a few of the sigs would tell whether they are real or not.

azimmer11
August 9th, 2011, 06:20 AM
you really need the certificate of authentication to sell this. I have a golf bag signed by tiger woods which he USED in one of the buick opens. i was told by various memorabilia experts that it was near worthless until i got the certificate. now i can sell it for upwards of $5k at the moment and the certificate only cost $250. worth it. however, my dad would literally stab me in the face if i ever sold it any time soon :rolleyes:

Bushmaster11B
August 13th, 2011, 09:02 AM
you really need the certificate of authentication to sell this. I have a golf bag signed by tiger woods which he USED in one of the buick opens. i was told by various memorabilia experts that it was near worthless until i got the certificate. now i can sell it for upwards of $5k at the moment and the certificate only cost $250. worth it. however, my dad would literally stab me in the face if i ever sold it any time soon :rolleyes:

I thought my Dad was going to kill me for this sale but he seems supportive.

The football is sent to my father in Denver now. He is getting the ball it's certificate. I will let you know when I get it back and repost pics of the football and cert. Sound good everyone?

Bushmaster11B
August 13th, 2011, 09:04 AM
So are you saying we're not your friends anymore cause we dont want your ball?

Not saying that at all. I understand people want proof and I will provide that proof. Sorry I haen't responded earlier. The army has been eating my time lately. 24/7 Soldier is no lie. LOL

azimmer11
August 15th, 2011, 04:50 AM
I thought my Dad was going to kill me for this sale but he seems supportive.

The football is sent to my father in Denver now. He is getting the ball it's certificate. I will let you know when I get it back and repost pics of the football and cert. Sound good everyone?

doing this will significantly increase its price :thumbup:

Bushmaster11B
August 15th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Update: Football was reieved by my father today. It was not damaged through shipping. He is taking it to Latitude Sports Marketing in Denver, CO later this week to be dropped off and get a PSA/DNA authentication test done. After it is checked and cleared, it will recieve a personal authentication certificate with SN. Hope everyone will be satisfied after this is over because it is not cheap. And I hope I can sell it fast because of the same nature. However, I do now realize how easy it is to rip people off with fake signatures and prints autographed items. Thanks for challenging me people. I know you wont be disapointed by the results of this ball.

Bosgarage57
August 15th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Jason thats good to hear, it think it'll payoff in the long run by getting it certified. Keep us updated.

Bushmaster11B
September 2nd, 2011, 04:29 PM
I sold it! I sold it! Wooooooohoooooo!!!!

So, this is what happened... My dad goes to pick up the ball and this old man was in there to pick up an autographed Micheal Jordan signature and he saw them wrapping up my football an getting it ready to give back to my Dad. Long story short, the old man offered to buy it if it checked out. My Dad laughed and showed him the ball and the certificate and showed it to him. The old man chuckled and said I remember a ball that was onced signed at a restraunt I once managed. My Dad asked him if he was referring to the one in theTwin Hotels by the old Mile High. With a big smile, he ask my Dad if he would let him have it for $2500? My Dad was shocked and didn't say a word, just stood there. The man asked if that was too low price he could offer a bit more. Then what that man said next is what made my Dad cry.... Tht old man said, "I knew your friend at the hotel.... I know he is the one who made that autograph signing together. He was a good friend of mine and employee. But don't worry Son, God is watching over Chris now".

My Father's best friend was killd 2 years after he arainged the autograph signing for this football. It's sad to ever let something like this go, but atleast by miracle it was sold to another man who had pride in his team and consistant memories of our old friend Chris. may you rest in piece and your family Blessed

bob706
September 2nd, 2011, 04:51 PM
Great story to go with the sale. Congrats:thumbup:

sixer
September 12th, 2011, 12:01 PM
koolness!!!