View Full Version : Ninja 250R Drop

nickjpass
August 3rd, 2011, 03:21 PM
Dropping a 250R and picking it up..by a girl :)

This isn't me lol

X1Ba61pOzY0

If this was posted...sorry.

CC Cowboy
August 3rd, 2011, 03:46 PM
What a piss pants!

nickjpass
August 3rd, 2011, 03:48 PM
What a piss pants!

Lol..not sure what you mean...

but does your avatar have any relation to this avatar? :

http://www.tbsclan.com/image.php?u=5&dateline=1303302682

Don't mind the "Trevor" on it...unless it means something too :p

ninja_sleeper
August 3rd, 2011, 07:07 PM
That's a 250 she's having trouble picking up?

That's weird.

Im 110 5'1 and I have dropped my bike on a gravel road that was thick deep and loose and didn't have a problem picking it up.

I think maybe my adrenaline kicked in or something because it took me two seconds to get her up.

I don't think it was the rock that made her fall....

ducducgooseit
August 3rd, 2011, 07:30 PM
Sure seems to me like she got her bike between a rock and a hard place. :pound:

alex.s
August 3rd, 2011, 07:33 PM
this was a member here wasn't it? i forget who it is...

nickjpass
August 3rd, 2011, 09:55 PM
That's a 250 she's having trouble picking up?

That's weird.

Im 110 5'1 and I have dropped my bike on a gravel road that was thick deep and loose and didn't have a problem picking it up.

I think maybe my adrenaline kicked in or something because it took me two seconds to get her up.

I don't think it was the rock that made her fall....

It was...I was riding my bike slowly once, about 1 or 2 mph, and I rode it under a apple tree. The apples don't grow larger than a 50 cent piece and when I rode on to it leaning/turning at the same time, guess what my bicycle decided to do? Now take a rock that is bigger an try to ride over it at those speeds...it's very risky.

Also, yeah, you probably had adrenaline, or your stronger. Either one is possible. If you aren't stronger, then it is quite possible you had adrenaline and she didn't. As some time passed before she gave a real effort to pick up the bike. Also, there are many factors that lead to how much adrenaline a women could have. Like if it's the time of the month...if you know what I mean.

I'm worried that when I do get a motorcycle, how I will ride it down my driveway, as it is completely gravel and sand. I was thinking I could ride in on the grass, not sure what to do. Very risky.
this was a member here wasn't it? i forget who it is... Her YouTube name is Laurie Jennifer.

CC Cowboy
August 4th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Lol..not sure what you mean...

but does your avatar have any relation to this avatar? :

http://www.tbsclan.com/image.php?u=5&dateline=1303302682

Don't mind the "Trevor" on it...unless it means something too :p

At 00:36 she admits to the accusation.

"Trevor" doesn't men anything to me. My avatar is the family crest.

nickjpass
August 4th, 2011, 11:28 AM
At 00:36 she admits to the accusation.

"Trevor" doesn't men anything to me. My avatar is the family crest.

I know Trevor means nothing...but does that avatar I showed you someone else's "family crest".

jamesio
August 4th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Oh gosh how embarrassing...I never knew that's how you pick up a bike tho...when I dropped mine on day 2 I was so embarrassed that I just sprang up, ran up to the bike and muscled it up onto its wheels :lol: didnt even think to put the kick stand down ha

nickjpass
August 4th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Oh gosh how embarrassing...I never knew that's how you pick up a bike tho...when I dropped mine on day 2 I was so embarrassed that I just sprang up, ran up to the bike and muscled it up onto its wheels :lol: didnt even think to put the kick stand down ha

Hahah. There is no "real" way to pick up a bike. But, the way she did is easier/healthier. Because you're supposed to lift with your legs...not your back. Men can especially be injured if they lift a heavy bike the wrong way.

SpeedDemon
August 4th, 2011, 12:12 PM
:(i was trying to move my dads 2009 ultra classic harley davidson screamin eagle edition. This was the first time i tried to move this HUGE bike its like stradling a f*ckin honda civic lol. Dont know if anyone on here has every ridden or moved a harley but u need to give that kickstand a GOOD kick to get it out all the way down. I didnt know this in the begining and i didnt hear the click and she went down :(...The bike is about 900 pounds and im about 6 foot 150, trying to pick this bike up is one of the hardest things ive had to do and if u dont lift the way she did with ur ass on the bike and basically walk it back up with your legs you will never get the bike back up. Long story short it cost me $1100 to get my bike out that day due to the scrached chrome and i learned the PROPER way to lift a bike.

DarC
August 4th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Hahah. There is no "real" way to pick up a bike. But, the way she did is easier/healthier. Because you're supposed to lift with your legs...not your back. Men can especially be injured if they lift a heavy bike the wrong way.

That's pretty much the "real" way to do it, because it is easier/healthier and it's the way you are taught....google it and there are people lifting big ass cruisers properly with this technique.

SpeedDemon
August 4th, 2011, 02:22 PM
example a 900 pound harley lol ^^

nickjpass
August 4th, 2011, 03:06 PM
That's pretty much the "real" way to do it, because it is easier/healthier and it's the way you are taught....google it and there are people lifting big ass cruisers properly with this technique.

The word "real" wasn't a good word to use. Sorry. But what I'm trying to say is that there are many ways to lift it. But the easiest/healthiest way is to put the kickstand down, put your but against the bike and walk backwards while lifting the bike. Just don't use your back.

http://www.xs11.com/xs11-info/tech-tips/riding/116-how-to-pick-up-a-fallen-motorcycle.html

akima
August 12th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I'm worried that when I do get a motorcycle, how I will ride it down my driveway, as it is completely gravel and sand. I was thinking I could ride in on the grass, not sure what to do. Very risky.

I think the grass is a good idea, even if it's wet I'd choose that over the gravel and sand. My instructors have been saying that as long as you keep the bike upright (don't lean), be gentle on the breaks and gentle on the clutch and throttle you should be absolutely fine. Also: every experienced rider I've heard, says not to use the front break when travelling on loose ground and slow speed. Use just the back break.

ninja250
August 12th, 2011, 10:46 AM
What the heck, felt like I was under water the whole time watching that. What a struggle. Gotta admit she did know the proper way to lift her bike and did hit the kill right away..

It looked like she was miles from those rocks... was there one out in the street she missed?

Try lifting a jixxer after a good tilt and it lands on your leg. Not easy! Can't even imagine a huge Harley or something.

nickjpass
August 13th, 2011, 10:01 AM
What the heck, felt like I was under water the whole time watching that. What a struggle. Gotta admit she did know the proper way to lift her bike and did hit the kill right away..

It looked like she was miles from those rocks... was there one out in the street she missed?

Try lifting a jixxer after a good tilt and it lands on your leg. Not easy! Can't even imagine a huge Harley or something.

Just don't drop it.

nickadolph
August 13th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Bad omen #5, that dumbass helmet hawk.

nickjpass
August 13th, 2011, 08:38 PM

Nothing wrong with rocking a hawk on your helmet :mad:

ninja250
August 13th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Just don't drop it.

Good luck with that.
Very few people that continually ride their bikes for a long amount of time get away without a drop at some point. Look at how easy it was for this lady.

nickjpass
August 13th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Good luck with that.
Very few people that continually ride their bikes for a long amount of time get away without a drop at some point. Look at how easy it was for this lady.

I would've seen the gravel :) I do every time I ride my bicycle.

I've never fallen on gravel, but I have on apples. I rode over a small apple and at slow speeds while turning.

ninja250
August 13th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I would've seen the gravel :) I do every time I ride my bicycle.

I've never fallen on gravel, but I have on apples. I rode over a small apple and at slow speeds while turning.

I didn't even see the lady hit the gravel. She was miles away. It was one or two stones in the street she barely missed it looks like.

A bicycle is the same in many instances and in many others, much different.

Do you have any dirtbike experience?

You honestly can't be careful enough on a street machine. It's just not possible.
Things reach out and grab you that you can't control 100% all the time. Be aware of this fact.
you have to be alert and ready for everything and see it well before it's coming.
Not only this but your reaction has to be trained on what to do in advance or you are screwed.
there's a million tips to keep yourself on the wheels that you can't get all in one place.
There's only so much you can know, until you find the thing you didn't that downs you.

nickjpass
August 13th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I didn't even see the lady hit the gravel. She was miles away. It was one or two stones in the street she barely missed it looks like.

A bicycle is the same in many instances and in many others, much different.

Do you have any dirtbike experience?

You honestly can't be careful enough on a street machine. It's just not possible.
Things reach out and grab you that you can't control 100% all the time. Be aware of this fact.
you have to be alert and ready for everything and see it well before it's coming.
Not only this but your reaction has to be trained on what to do in advance or you are screwed.
there's a million tips to keep yourself on the wheels that you can't get all in one place.
There's only so much you can know, until you find the thing you didn't that downs you.

I meant gravel as the one or two rocks. I understand what you are saying.

akima
August 14th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Nothing wrong with rocking a hawk on your helmet :mad:

I agree. I think they look cool. Makes you look more visible on the road too. :thumbup:

adri99an
August 14th, 2011, 09:13 AM

hahahahaaa-seriously!

Leaves+gravel+loose dirt+bad helmet mo hawk+bad narration+one bad rock =

CLassic line- "Damm rock!"

And no that doesn't count as a crash- do a 360 on the rear brake...then you got yourself a crash.

nickjpass
August 14th, 2011, 11:55 AM
hahahahaaa-seriously!

Leaves+gravel+loose dirt+bad helmet mo hawk+bad narration+one bad rock =

CLassic line- "Damm rock!"

And no that doesn't count as a crash- do a 360 on the rear brake...then you got yourself a crash.

It could count as a crash for insurance :p

OGjackafidy
September 28th, 2011, 06:17 PM
when i dropped my bike i picked it right up... guess it was adrenaline

massacremasses
September 28th, 2011, 07:41 PM
that hawk is pretty stupid. Im all about being visible while not looking like a dumbass.

that is all I got out of that whole video....

squaregamer476
September 28th, 2011, 07:51 PM
was it the gravels fault or did the person just died out cuz of no clutch control? i think he was in 2nd or third and then just went 5mph into the turn.

Lil_Green_Demon
September 28th, 2011, 09:46 PM
When I dropped a bike during the MSF course, I picked it up just like this lady in the video did.