View Full Version : Not the place I'd like to post

TFKninja
August 4th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Crashed my bike today. Hit some gravel on the road the workers didn't clean up after fixing pot holes. Back wheel locked up, hit the kerb and it was over, now I'm sitting in hospital waiting to go into theatre to get my heel screwed up. Spit it into pieces, lucky I was wearing the proper gear or it would be worse. The bike is a mangled wreck. My protective gear is awesome just dust and grass, no tears, I will be looking into better boots, they say my injury is the same as someone jumping of a 2 story building.

YORCHI
August 4th, 2011, 11:00 AM
wow...glad you're okay and not doing any worse...

What boots or shoes were you wearing btw?

jamesio
August 4th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I would also like to know what kind of foot/ankle protection you had on...

Live2ride
August 4th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Ouch, that's too bad. Good luck with the recovery.

bob706
August 4th, 2011, 11:03 AM
they say my injury is the same as someone jumping of a 2 story building.

:eek:

The bike can be replaced. Glad your doing well considering.

TFKninja
August 4th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Just leather work shoes. 2 things I was getting around to doing was buying better boots and insuring the bike, boots I will get the bike I feel the the council should be responsible, it was pure lazy and neglect, which created a hazard causing an accident. If not it will be a project of restoration while I recover. Doctors reckon better boots may not have helped much in this case, but it will be something I will be looking for in my new boot purchase.

ducducgooseit
August 4th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Bike :(
You :)

Azhyen
August 4th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Get well, hope your PT goes awesomely.

setasai
August 4th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Bummers, hope you recover quickly. May I ask if they had a reasoning why better boots might not have helped? Compared to work boots and motorcycle boots, I immediately feel the ankle support. I mean it's almost a brace if you will. Was it a crush injury to your heel or flex injury?

Was the gravel on a turn or stop?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions. Feel free to tell me to stop.

austexjg
August 4th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Sorry - hope you heal proper and fast.

TFKninja
August 4th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Bummers, hope you recover quickly. May I ask if they had a reasoning why better boots might not have helped? Compared to work boots and motorcycle boots, I immediately feel the ankle support. I mean it's almost a brace if you will. Was it a crush injury to your heel or flex injury?

Was the gravel on a turn or stop?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions. Feel free to tell me to stop.

The impact came from under, like jumping off the building, the boots I were wearing had really good cushioning. But better cushioning will be a consideration when buying proper boots, I'm sure more ankle support would have helped, I am off for ct scan today there is a bit of damage in there they can't see it all from an xray. The gravel was a turn, it's what we call a shikane. Used to slow cars down. Mungrol cager pulled out in front of me without looking. I had to swerve to avoid and enter shikane. If the gravel hadn't of been there I'd wouldn't be here.

rockNroll
August 4th, 2011, 06:05 PM
After seeing the results of many motorcycle crashes I feel that proper footwear is the second most important piece of protective gear for me, after a helmet. I'd rather ride with a t-shirt and proper boots than typical low cut shoes/sneakers and a leather jacket. Feet get so thrashed in motor cycle crashes.

Heal up soon! :thumbup:

setasai
August 4th, 2011, 06:37 PM
The impact came from under, like jumping off the building, the boots I were wearing had really good cushioning. But better cushioning will be a consideration when buying proper boots, I'm sure more ankle support would have helped, I am off for ct scan today there is a bit of damage in there they can't see it all from an xray. The gravel was a turn, it's what we call a shikane. Used to slow cars down. Mungrol cager pulled out in front of me without looking. I had to swerve to avoid and enter shikane. If the gravel hadn't of been there I'd wouldn't be here.

Ah i see what you mean. Ouch. Heal up soon. Sounds like it couldve been worse.

TheTKDSpartan
August 4th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Oh my, what bad luck :/ Hope you heal fast!

rusninja
August 5th, 2011, 03:01 AM
sorry to hear about the crash :[

TFKninja
August 15th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Well , i'm Finally out the hospital, after 11 days, When I finally got all the results and surgery done, the stats came back that the impact it takes to break that particular bone was quite extreme, If I had of been wearing more supportive boots I would have still had a break but somewhere else. having said that this bone is a serious break and I would prefer to have broken something else that would probably heal faster, I will be out of action for 3 months+, Got Home and saw the bike for the first time since the crash and I don't think it is as bad as I originally thought, the bracket that you see under the instrument cluster that holds the front end of the bike on is bent which makes it look really bad. alll I need to do is replace that bracket all the plastics down 1 side the pillion seat the muffler and rear footpeg, mirror and indicator , Still gonna cost a bit, But I am putting a compaint through to the local council, they should take responsibility because this accident would not have happened if they had cleaned up after they did their repairs on the road, there was was no signs indicating it to be a traffic hazard.

Alex
August 15th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Which bone did you break? The talus?

TFKninja
August 15th, 2011, 09:06 PM
No the Calcaneus, I split it and one peice at the front that goes into the socket broke off completely and punctured the skin. I got pins and wires holding it all together at the moment.

ally99
August 16th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Dude, that sucks! I am so very sorry and hope you heal quickly!

kaiserz
August 16th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I'm sooo gonna get this now http://www.revzilla.com/product/sidi-vortice-boots

Hope you heal up soon.

oblivion007
August 16th, 2011, 03:58 PM
get better bud

vnranger
August 16th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Heal up soon!:thumbup:

Mocha Man
September 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM
That sucks! Glad you're okay and don't let a little accident keep you from riding! :P

blink
September 5th, 2011, 08:27 PM
**** man! Get better QUICK!

Still have some season left